Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: September 17, 2007 09:38PM

atheist

... It seems to me that there could be a book about this, perhaps several. There could be a PBS-TV documentary and a "60 Minutes" segment. Why not a documentary film? Magazine articles in Harpers, Atlantic Monthly, Vanity Fair.

Yeh, a TV documentary would be interesting. However, it might be difficult to get enough film footage together to do a really good story... the organization and Sid are just too slippery.

I'm not so sure about a book, though. There is no sensational murder story as in the "Monkey on a Stick" book.

A move based on a true story would be a good way to go, in my opinion... Say, a devotee whose life got wrecked by his/her involvement with the cult.

:wink:

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: quotesman ()
Date: September 17, 2007 10:25PM

Yes the chess game analogy is good.

Apparently Tulsi is working in the office of Dan Akaka, a very prominent congressmen. No doubt they are priming her up for something big like Governor. She is getting all the credentials she needs. Now she is a war veteran and in tight with the Democratic party. And she is young enough to be around for a long time. And she appears to carry that fearless leader charisma. It is possible she could become governor in the next 10 or 20 years. I bet that is the plan. I wonder if she had to kill anyone.

Dassi mentioned Cec Heftel, yea I remember that but not all the details. I do remember reading that he never thought it was Rick Reed or Fearless leader that was behind all the dirty politics. That is how good at politics fearless leader has become. An expert politician while always preaching one should never be a politician and then always criticizing others for acting like deceptive politicians.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 17, 2007 10:29PM

just-googling
atheist

... It seems to me that there could be a book about this, perhaps several. There could be a PBS-TV documentary and a "60 Minutes" segment. Why not a documentary film? Magazine articles in Harpers, Atlantic Monthly, Vanity Fair.

Yeh, a TV documentary would be interesting. However, it might be difficult to get enough film footage together to do a really good story... the organization and Sid are just too slippery.

I'm not so sure about a book, though. There is no sensational murder story as in the "Monkey on a Stick" book.

A move based on a true story would be a good way to go, in my opinion... Say, a devotee whose life got wrecked by his/her involvement with the cult.

:wink:

You may be on to something here. If enough people came forward a really good script could be written. Maybe one of his script writers will get fed up and join the movement to expose fearless leader. This would be a blockbuster. Lets see what should the title be. Any suggestions?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: Dassi ()
Date: September 18, 2007 06:32AM

I checked out one the the SoI satelite sites.
Lots of quotes and old video clips.
ALL those videos were made in the 1980's.
Seems like NOTHING is new
(except hundred's of more policy pages)-
No new writing or appearances-
ALL NOTHING!
which does beg the question cultreporter asked,
"Is Chris Butler even alive?"
or is he some
Weekend at Bernie's or Cyrogenic thing?

quotesman, I'll think about the movie titles! :twisted: :lol:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 18, 2007 06:39AM

And Jivan Krishna Das's website has no updates since it went up.
Lots of empty links.
Lots of nothing with a photo of Jivan looking like
Timothy Leary with Sid in the background garlanded.
a few quotes and an acoustic kirtan loop like a 70's time warp.
Impotent ambition.
This from one of the original members of the cult.

Political power seems to be centered on the Gabbards.
All the rest petered out.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 18, 2007 06:41AM

atheist,
any news from Honolulu?
any fall out from the Dems?
What's their (Gabbards) game plan?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: hoax108 ()
Date: September 18, 2007 07:28AM

"zelig"
[/size:cdff8de560][img:cdff8de560]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/Yodaplanet/Sai%20Speaks/saispeakspage27saionvyasasana.jpg[/img:cdff8de560]

Look at the first line of the lecture where JG quotes Jesus as saying "As ye sow, so shall ye reap." I heard him make this reference many times in many lectures.

I am pretty sure that Christ never said this.

In Galatians (6:7) St. Paul wrote "...for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap."

I'm no biblical scholar, nor I am a guru. Yet if I was giving a lecture and quoting Jesus, I think I would at least try to be accurate.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 18, 2007 08:23AM

In fact not even one of fearless leaders followers is a Biblical scholar. Especially Jivan is NOT a biblical scholar. I think there is another follower in the P.I. they promote as a Biblical scholar too. Don't know who that is, but have heard it through the grapevine. I think he is in charge in the Phillipines. No, they are not Biblical scholars anymore than they are Vedic scholars. They just use bits and pieces here and there to promote their own ideas. This is not unlike many Christian sects. None of FL followers have done an in depth study of the Bible, its origins or its teachings etc anymore than they have studied the Veda. They are just as sentimental about their version of Jesus as many Christians are. But the difference is they are hypocrites by saying one should not be a sentimentalist when it comes to religion.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 18, 2007 06:19PM

Dassi
I checked out one the the SoI satelite sites.
Lots of quotes and old video clips.
ALL those videos were made in the 1980's.
Seems like NOTHING is new
(except hundred's of more policy pages)-
No new writing or appearances-
ALL NOTHING!
which does beg the question cultreporter asked,
"Is Chris Butler even alive?"
or is he some
Weekend at Bernie's or Cyrogenic thing?

quotesman, I'll think about the movie titles! :twisted: :lol:

The way he is going is some what like the charlatan guru Sai Baba in India. I wonder if that is where Fearless Leader got the idea to call himself Sai in the beginning. Anyway now that Sly Sai Baba of India is old and falling apart they never show any pictures of him. They only show him when he is younger. It is very difficult to get to see him in person and his personal service is steeped in mystery and hidden from public view. There have been wild allegations concerning the goings on in his close entourage and personal service. Just do a search of Satya Sai Baba and see all the pics are of him when he is no older than mid 40 or 50 max. Now he is completely grey and looks like an old toad with bumps and stuff. Not the face of an old sadhu at all. As far as FL being dead???? I think Fearless Leader is still alive and croaking. But I think he ran out of anything new to say long ago and that could be the reason for no new videos. Or maybe he is just embarrassed by old age and bumps. I have to admit the queen bee does look pretty good though, I wonder how much plastic she has painted on to keep up the appearance. It has been eons since I was around but even then it was the same old videos shown over and over again at gatherings and such. It did become quite boring after about the millionth time of hearing the same stuff over and over. I think many of his followers must have them memorized word for word by now. :lol:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: September 18, 2007 09:40PM

quotesman
In fact not even one of fearless leaders followers is a Biblical scholar. Especially Jivan is NOT a biblical scholar. I think there is another follower in the P.I. they promote as a Biblical scholar too. Don't know who that is, but have heard it through the grapevine. I think he is in charge in the Phillipines. No, they are not Biblical scholars anymore than they are Vedic scholars. They just use bits and pieces here and there to promote their own ideas. This is not unlike many Christian sects. None of FL followers have done an in depth study of the Bible, its origins or its teachings etc anymore than they have studied the Veda. They are just as sentimental about their version of Jesus as many Christians are. But the difference is they are hypocrites by saying one should not be a sentimentalist when it comes to religion.

Hey, they don't have time to study ...
they are too busy making MONEY to pay for their fearless leader's extravagant lifestyle!

As for movie titles, here's some ideas:

"IT'S ALL NOTHING"

"ALL NOTHING"

"THEIR FEARLESS LEADER"

Here's some ideas for an actor to play Jagad Guru:

Jack Nicholson?
Woody Harrelson?
Clint Eastwood?

They could use something like that little haunting flute riff from "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" whenever Sid appears on scene!

:lol:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.