Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: shanti ()
Date: June 17, 2007 11:56AM

"I didn't know that. Was even Katyani not allowed in the boys club? "

Katyani was before, & above, the boys club.
She was "in" from the beginning...again, a special disciple.

I have to add: from my own personal interactions with her,
she was a very humble & loving person.
I am not trying to defend her...
I'm just telling you how I perceived her.

It does not mean she's not involved, or leading, some kind
of Krsna cult thing of her own now...
that, I can not answer for, as I have no first hand knowledge of it.

But no, women were not well accepted in general...
the idea was (as a woman) for you to become a
devoted wife of a male disciple...help your husband...
help him serve Krsna & the spiritual master, period.
Not many women held their own independantly as disciples...
they were most always married off.

"As far as questions of whether a wife should be submissive to the husband : Yes, a wife should be submissive to the husband if the husband is submissive to the spiritual master"

"However, a wife should not be overly critical if her husband is trying his best to chant the names of Krishna and carry out the activities given to him by the spiritual master. The wife should not sit there, always making judgements on the husband, thinking herself superior in all ways, otherwise the husband will not feel very peaceful around her. "

"Sometimes in the Vedic civilisation it is accepted that the husband may be physically dominant over the wife in the sense of being a little bit physical."

"Anyway, the point is that as long as a person is in the material world and they are still a little covered by materialistic consciousness, we have to appreciate that a man, generally, has the tendency to be the dominator and the woman has the tendency to be dominated."

March 4, 1989... from, gee duh...Chris.
To the Board of Directors & Japa das, P.I.

Thanks Cara for that one on your site!

[chriskcon.com]
"Site Updates"
Sunday May 7, 2007.

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: MeanReds ()
Date: June 17, 2007 04:31PM

I don't think Butler respects christians in any of his lectures. He thinks church goers are ALL anti-christs and he of course is the only real christian/vaishnava.

He claims to be non-religious but he wouldn't let his followers read the bible :P . One lady said she had an atraction to the bible and mentioned this on a recorded lecture and was chastized for it. The letter Siddha wrote and is published on Chriskcon states his followers can't read books written outside of disciplic succession and King James was not remotely GV.

If Jivan is a bible scholar and introduces christian chants and Siddha allows it, he's a special case. But I'd bet Siddha's had particular words with him about boundaries. Siddha never preaches from the bible and he wouldn't want his followers reading it.

I never saw Jesus on anyone's home altar. Noone else chants anything but hindu mantras except hallelujah on christmas.

I think using christianity just developed as a recruitment technique in a christian society where like you said people are conditioned to be fearful of heathen demon religions. They need to explain their cult in biblical terms to suggest that it is the same religion as christianity. But after you are fully 'cruited up you rarely learn anything new about Jesus.

I think Mike's Catholicism was for votes plus there is the tiny problem that anyone who objectively looks at the most basic facts of SIF, takes all of five minutes to realise it's a cult. Secret Krishna organisation, followers won't talk, leader (who is worshipped with God-like awe and reverence) never shows himself or speaks in public and it's almost impossible to find info on them. Anyone would be suspicious immediately. Hawaii is not that big either. The story goes that during IGG people found out that the candidates were all SIF and Siddha became more secretive about his involvement.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: June 17, 2007 08:54PM

This is sad as hell and an honest picture of what giving your life to Chris Butler gets you :

Hi all,

This is my first post so I will try not to bore you too much.

Today, I have come to the realisation I probably have ADHD. I took a few online tests and sure enough the questions all related to how I feel. I am not sure what subtype etc.. as I do not know enough yet.

Anyway, if I give a brief description of myself and history, then maybe someone can relate to how I am and help confirm that this is what is wrong with me.

I am 28 and I run my own Web Design Business.

In Primary School I was very intelligent, Hyperactive and Weird. By weird I mean I had no sense of correct social behavior. I was picked on by other children excessively.

Nearing the end of primary school my results dropped and I had poor relations with everybody including the teacher.

High School was more of the same, I couldn't stand School and found it incredibly hard to be interested in school work. I hated laboring with school work so much that I stayed home 30-40% of the time.

As an adult, I have basically no Social Life because I can't interact with people. I can seem perfectly normal and intelligent and funny, but I will always say something offensive or stupid.

Group situations scare me so much that I will avoid them at all costs.

Basically I am paranoid about what people think about me and this all comes from my childhood. Where I am pretty sure ADHD caused me to behave in a way that was strange to others.

Basically I have my partner and I haven't had friends for so long.

It sucks for my work though as I run my own business LOL

What I do have a problem with is:

I frequently feel very stressed and short tempered. When in this mood I lash out at my spouse and can say excessively nasty things that are inappropriate or unwarranted.

I can't multitask efficiently

I repeatedly check things to ensure I haven't made a mistake to the point of obsession.

I can't read books very well, without either falling asleep or mind wandering.

Very low Self Esteem

I have a gambling problem ( I make my self physically sick sometimes doing it from the stress) but I enjoy the Risk/Win etc.

I have a smoking problem

I have trouble communicating with people in the sense I seem to be on a different wave length.

Basically I am restless, unable to organise my life properly and have ups and downs.

I feel anxious a lot of the time even when there seems to be no apparent reason to be so.

This is a rambling of thoughts, I also find it hard to express things clearly or organise them in my brain and put them on paper without getting overwhelmed.

What do you think?

(lots of supportive responses in between)

Hi all,

Thanks for all your Reponses, I went on holiday for a week which was nice, but when I got back I went and saw my doc and he gave me an anti depressant.

He doesn’t think I have ADD, he thinks that when I was younger and used to smoke pot, this has caused all my problems.

Doesn't explain why I was strange before I smoked pot,

Don't know what to think now.

[www.adhdnews.com]

Well one doesnt have to worry about what to think when they have Jagad Guru now do they?

He never took the tablets because the problem would go away if he was just "more serious" and "more focussed" on Krishna and chanted more.

After eight years of chanting, being in service etc. this is what he got - but it gets better.

When I met him he was living in an apartment that was practically a shed, the partner had walked out on him and gone home to mummy and daddy disciple and he was bankrupt to the tune of just over $30 000 from gambling. I went with him to the financial counsellor and he cried on my shoulder, I helped being online all day to talk about his problems, apparently there was noone else out of all these great devotee friends to talk to, calling the bank etc because he couldnt handle it and signing as witness to his bankruptcy papers. I put every cent that I had into helping him get a place that had nothing to do with what I wanted or needed and got me stuck in the middle of nowhere and I slept on the floor because I couldnt afford a bed so he could relieve some stress from driving to work, petrol costs, didnt have to sleep over in the back of the shop half the week, could have a room for his son. I went with him to shop for all the stuff to make the room totally awesome help put the bunks together, buy a pool for the fantastic yard that was just what he wanted, etc. When the wonderful disciples daughter took their son to Hawaii against his wishes and he fretted every single day that she wasnt coming back I was the one that heard all of it. I was the one that looked after his son all weekend, helping out, going to work with him unpaid, giving up the chance to get a job which I badly needed to get some cash together for my massage training because there always seemed to be plenty to do for him. I made sure that there was milk in the fridge and DvDs were taken back and electricity wasnt cut off and the house was immaculate and he hated me and never understood why I used to cry in my room because in every damn way it was almost like being his girlfriend and I had to listen over and over to you are sooo much better than her (the ex) but not because Jagad Guru says that love isnt real and because he had to focus more on his spiritual life. Sure I was pathetic and taken advantage of and I should have known better, but what sort of arsehole takes all this and gives out all the lies that he did and watches it fucking killing me every single day for nothing???

I couldnt do enough for him because I loved him and I heard all the wantings to leave and if not for my son this and that. I offerred him the money to leave, a couple of thousand dollars that was all that I had. He could have fought them for the custody of his son and considering that he is being abused and denied education and medical care there there is no reason to sugguest he couldnt have won. And what did he say to this - the kindest offer that I could think of to make based on what he himself had told me about his feelings about being in the cult? That I was trying to brainwash and control him and that he hoped that I would get hit by a car. He later recommended that I kill myself so I could be "reincarnated as something other than an offensive piece of shit."

In reality this all started because I wanted answers but mostly for him because I have never gone to this much effort for myself for anything (yeah I guess maybe I should) and I swear it can never and will never ever stop eventhough I accept I will never see him again because NOONE should ever be put into this shit where there is no answers and your life becomes a hollow existence for the benefit of some dude in Hawaii that couldnt care less if your kid is sick or you have to resort to using people to prop up your life because you are empty inside. I cant go to the fucking beach because I dont stop thinking about all the stuff that I should be doing to fight against SoI instead and about those kids and about someone I care about having his soul gnawed at by rats even if he has been a nasty arsehole that probably isnt worth it, but there is still that thought that maybe he could be.

So for all the crap that has been heaped on to me about devotees will go towards a kind hand and criticising my efforts and in effect shitting all over what I went through and carrying on about journalistic ethics (did I claim to be a journalist? Activist ethics dont let our work end up on the bottom of a bird cage the next day) - how about putting up how I could have been any kinder in this situation?

It is all about brainwashing and control and breaking that ability is all that can be done. I am 100% convinced that if devotees actually read the truth about SoI or spoke to their friend/spouse/child that got away instead of cowering in fear at the mere mention of someone that they used to care about for no other reason than Chris Butler says they should or even come onto this forum. I have seen big adult men damn near pee themselves with terror over little old me. There is no way to make them read it of course, but at least it exists so they may do it one day. I answer emails and do webchats all day and night and have done pretty much since I was blogging for people who are genuinely sufferring because they dont have anyone else to talk to about these sorts of things and talking about it makes them feel better.

My idol in webmastery Andreas Heldal-Lund who for anyone who has viewed both sites will see that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery www.xenu.net (it's cool he has copied a few things off us) has proven that what I do works (even if sometimes it is like bailing out the ocean with a teaspoon)

One of the Church's most high-profile critics, Tory Christman, credits Heldal-Lund with convincing her to leave Scientology after thirty years. According to Christman, she had already had doubts about the Church, due to having been unwittingly drawn into participating in the sporgery attack on alt.religion.scientology, but conversing with Heldal-Lund (whom she had previously decided "must be the devil") led her to conclude that Scientology had been deceiving her, and she made her decision to leave.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: June 18, 2007 12:36AM

"If Jivan is a bible scholar and introduces christian chants and Siddha allows it, he's a special case. But I'd bet Siddha's had particular words with him about boundaries. Siddha never preaches from the bible and he wouldn't want his followers reading it."

Quite true about the bible.
As a disciple, our house had ZERO books,
or music, that were not Krsna related.

The other interesting thing to me also is,
exactly "when" did Jivan become a bible scholar! ???
He was raised Catholic...
but stopped attending mass when he was a young man,
maybe even as a teenager.
Then he was involved in the drugs of the times.
Then briefly involved in Wiccan spells.
(note pentagram tattooed on ankle, unless he's had it removed)
Then he was a chef in Honolulu.
Then he meditated in the jungle on Kauai.
Then he joined the temple in Koolau.
So, after he became initiated he became a bible scholar?
Hmmm. :roll:

They use whatever might appeal to the karmis
to get folks interested in coming to their kirtans & classes.
Using Christianity is a good guise.
That's probably also how Jivan is able to rent that
Christian based facility, Four Springs, for workshops.
And I'm sure Chris has sanctioned Jivan's use of
Christianity _to a point_ to pull people in.
Again...Jivan is a special case disciple.
His loyalty to Chris spans over 35 years.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: June 18, 2007 04:16AM

It seems as women's rights movement advance and bramachari SIF turned into householders there was less segregation. It was still completely chauvanistic and women were still expected to be submissive to their husbands but I don't know of any boys only club existing like that later on. A few women were allowed in the top circle.

This woman I speak of that was gay...
Chris KNEW that when he recruited her...full well.
They were even surfing buddies.
They spoke about if frankly.
She's all...hello, don't think I can do this...
and he's all, it's okay...just be discreet.

He wanted her talent & abilities at the time...period.
She was a great singer, and did several albums for & with Chris.
He was / is like that...
get what he wants from someone...
when they are perhaps no longer "of use"...
or suddenly contradict the latest BS he's peddling..
ditch 'em.

This girl was recruited in 71-72 i'm guessing.

What were the albums btw were they subtle recruitment or for business or a bit of both? What abums did she collaborate with Chris on, Gentle Force, Mantra Electic or something?

I heard him say something about dildos being unnatural once (well the plastic ones at least didn't exist throughout the entire history of India) but he only spoke about of homosexual men the rest of the time. Remember women are 9 times more lusty than men, the poor dears, they can't control their desires. But men should know better. There were never any known gay men.

Would be great to have an approximate time the homosexuality book came out.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: June 18, 2007 05:26AM

"This girl was recruited in 71-72 i'm guessing.

What were the albums btw were they subtle recruitment or for business or a bit of both? What abums did she collaborate with Chris on, Gentle Force, Mantra Electic or something? "

I think she was recruited in the mid 70's...
but I don't know an exact date / year.
Sorry, but I don't know for sure what albums she worked on.
She was in Hawaii, and I was in Texas.
I just know that was her main project for Chris for quite a long time.

I personally never heard any of the albums you mentioned above...
all the recorded music that was played at our house was ole cosmic Chris himself :lol:
We had a reel-to-reel tape player that would go for hours :!: :!: :!:

Jivan and I did some recording in Texas,
but as mentioned earlier by someone...
it got banished...just as well...
I'd hate to be immortalized on tape chanting :wink:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: June 18, 2007 11:19AM

Sid loves to go on about the Life Force and Living Force. Funny when you type Living Force into Google pretty much all that comes up is Star Wars and the band Living Force which were a Sid's boys - maybe he should drop the Christian pretence and go for the Star Wars crowd.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_(Star_Wars)

The Living Force
The Living Force is thought to be in most living beings. It is what "makes you sensitive to other living things, makes you intuitive, and allows you to read other people's minds, et cetera" (The Making of Episode I). Jedi can sense Living Force in life-forms. Sick or dying organisms have little Living Force, while healthy ones usually have the quantity of their midi-chlorian count. The connection to the Living Force apparently also allows Jedi Masters to retain their identity when they become one with the Force. Qui-Gon Jinn was said to be a master of the Living Force—with a philosophy that focused more on sensitivity to living things, being in the present rather than the future, and relying on one's instincts rather than visions. Obi-Wan Kenobi also had some proficiency with The Living Force as in A New Hope he could sense the deaths of the people on Alderaan when it was destroyed under orders of Grand Moff Tarkin.

The only known beings without the Living Force are the Yuuzhan Vong, the antagonists of The New Jedi Order series. They exist without the Force and it cannot be used on them (still it can be manipulated around them). The Yuuzhan Vong once existed with the Force but were stripped of it by their home planet, of which Zonama Sekot was a seed. It stripped the Yuuzhan Vong of the Force after they waged war on others. The planet later disappeared mysteriously and was presumed destroyed.

I like this bit :

The Unifying Force
The Unifying Force is the other side of the Force (the other is the Living Force). It is the "greater, cosmic Force" that "has to do with destiny" (The Making of Episode I). [u:a7eea49e55]The Old Order, including those in the Jedi Council, was more focused on the big picture of the future universe and fulfilling destiny rather than the compassion to other living beings.[/u:a7eea49e55] For example, the Jedi Council would not allow young Anakin Skywalker to train because he posed a threat to the future.

It reminds me regards homosexuality of my theory of the 'unifying race' (at least I call it my theory because I havent seen it floating about anywhere else) homophobia in my humble opinion is a reliable barometer for authoritarian power structures - because it really has no redeeming quality or purpose - just like racism - why should anyone care what two adults are doing? At least if going to campaign against "perversion" pedophilia should come first. But people care, a LOT and I figure it is because sexuality encompassses diversity, it is the only minority which combines different races, socio-economic backgrounds etc. and is therefore the most tangible threat to the status quo which is family orientated.

Sid's ideas certainly have no genuine religious basis - gay people are no less likely to be atheists than anyone else. There is even a gay and lesbian vaishnava association - apparently based in Hawaii. www.galva108.org There is a tonne of gay and lesbian Krishna groups actually and they aren't secretive or ashamed to discuss their beliefs or publicly praise Krishna - so actually by the principles of sankirtan - the glory of God in all human endeavors gay people are more spiritual than those in Science of Identity :!:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: June 18, 2007 07:42PM

Ha, ha, yeah Siddha thinks he's Anakin. In Star Wars increased mitochondrians was the sign of the chosen one, Chris Butler has his meridians.

Uddhava dasi Linda Harvey's email is the email for www.gauranga.com. If you go to the site it's a blank page that just says gauranga.com.

Started in 2002 for three years the site showed this image and then took it's current form:

[img:24ca7c314c]http://web.archive.org/web/20030624112232/[www.gauranga.com][/img:24ca7c314c]

Domain name: GAURANGA.COM

Registrant Contact:
Wai Lana Yoga Trust
NA NA (NA)
NA
Fax:
Po box 6146
Malibu, CA 90264
US

Administrative Contact:
NA
Sunil Khemaney (domains@wailana.com)
(805) 986-3557
Fax:
Po box 6146
Malibu, CA 90264
US

That site Shanti posted was registered with the trademark Yoga Gauranga Foundation, inc for Jivan in CA.

GAURANGA YOGA FOUNDATION INC.
Number: C2832883 Date Filed: 4/12/2006 Status: active
Jurisdiction: California
Address
9960 TUJUNGA CANYON BLVD
TUJUNGA, CA 91042
Agent for Service of Process
EDNA ALBANO
9960 1/2 TUJUNGA CANYON BLVD
TUJUNGA, CA 91042

The company comes up on google under Pablo Davidas (which is Prabhu das' "pen name"). Although it says here Jersey, where Hoboken center Yoga Gauranga has existed for 14 years the name was registered in California last year.

Company: Yoga Gauranga Foundation Title President
City jersey city
Zip 07305
Company URL www.yogagauranga.net Personal URL www.yogagauranga.net

Listed Events
Free Concert "Prabhu das and Friends"

This free concert features none other than Hawaiian senators Mike Gabbard's daughter Vrndavan. Suggested donation too. In the timeless art of yoga they don't charge for subtle indoctrination yet now they are suggesting how much you should pay for brainwashing.

Prabhu das & Friends in New York City. "Journey to the Heart" Concert - A Unique Cultural Experience. March 20, 2005, Sunday, 3:30p.m. at 122 West 27th street, 2nd Floor, New York City( Between 6th & 7th avenues). "The music is a blend of East and West. It is strong, yet sublimely sensitive. An afternoon that will transport you to the world of spiritual love. email us at prabhudas_yoga@yahoo.com New Cd "Journey to the Heart" available at www.towerrecords.com & www.amazon.com Prabhu das Genre: New age / Ambient Secondary Genre: World Contact PRABHU DAS IN CONCERT: March 20, 2005 , 3:30 PM at 122 West 27th street,New York City, between 6th and 7th ave.. A suggested minimum $10.00 donation Artist Information Instrumentation "Journey to the Heart" - by New Age Music's most captivating male vocalist, Prabhu das. Available now on www.TowerRecords.com and www.Amazon.com Prabhu das - Vocals/guitar solos [b:24ca7c314c]Sarah James[/b:24ca7c314c] - Flute [b:24ca7c314c]Ed Mahmoud[/b:24ca7c314c] - Acoustic guitars Loren Oppenheimer - Tabla [b:24ca7c314c]Paul Davis [/b:24ca7c314c]- Bass [b:24ca7c314c]Matt Reynolds[/b:24ca7c314c] - Sitar Siddharta Silva - Female vocals [b:24ca7c314c]Vrndavan Gabbard [/b:24ca7c314c]- Female vocals [b:24ca7c314c]Gigi Dadivas[/b:24ca7c314c] - Female vocals Biography PRABHU DAS began his study of Yoga twenty-seven years ago, with one of the most bonafide Yoga Masters of our time. Since then, he has taught and played Kirtans and Bhajans, worldwide. As an accomplished singer/songwriter/musician, PRABHU DAS has performed at the prestigious TOKYO MUSIC FESTIVAL held at Budokan Hall in Japan (4,000 to 5,000 people), as the lead singer with the CIRCUS BAND. This concert was also televised nationwide throughout China, before an audience of over half a billion viewers. He was also one of the first western singers to perform before sold out audiences in the concert halls of Beijing, Red China (3,000 to 4,000 people per concert show) with the "MORNING SUN BAND". He also performed throughout the concert halls of the Philippines; Hong Kong, New Zealand and the United States and recorded with Harvey Mason, producer of "Seawind" and drummer for George Benson. Performed at various Arenas and Coliseums: Araneta Coliseum (8,000 people) - Folk Arts Theatre (10,000 people) - Miss Asia Pageant, Hyatt Regency Hotel (3,000 people) - Aznar Coliseum - (9,000 people) PRABHU DAS has also released several albums, notably such smash hits as "Kung Sakali"; "Mahal" with RCA Victor Records; "Haribol" with Polydor Records/Dyna Records; two best selling hit albums with CIRCUS BAND (RCA VICTOR) "Circus Live" and "Consiousness III"; "The Adventures of Govinda" with Little Cowherdboy Records and his New Age album, "Winds of Fire" with Condor Classics, both released in the United States. "Anak Araw", "Mother Sun" and the "Heart of the Lotus", three published books of Poetry which are now in the libraries of Yale, Cornell and the Library of Congress, under the pen name P. Dadivas. His music is simple and clear. His message transcendental. Discography "Journey to the Heart" (New Age Music CD - Vocals) - Little Cowherd Boy Records, USA, 2004 "Winds of Fire" (New Age Instrumental CD) - Condor Classics, USA "The Adventures of Govinda" (Audio Musical Storytime Episodes Series CD) - Cowherdboy Records, USA "Haribol" (LP) - Re-Issue CD Series, 2004; Polydor Records/Dyna "Circus Live" and "Consciousness III" with the Circus Band, two best selling hit albums with RCA VICTOR Records "Mahal" (LP) - RCA Victor Records The hits singles, "Mahal" and "Giliw", both original compositions of PRABHU DAS and another Top 40 hit single he recorded, "Kung Sakali" are all included in numerous "greatest hits" CD compilations internationally released by RCA Vicor Records and Polydor Records/Dyna. "Anak Araw", "Mother Sun" and the "Heart of the Lotus", three published books of Poetry which are now in the libraries of Yale, Cornell and the Library of Congress, under the pen name P. Dadivas.
[www.eventbee.com]

Songs can be heard here: [payplay.fm]
Radha Madhava
Chaitanya Nityananda
Journey to the Heart
Teach Me How to Surrender
Madana Mohana
O Govinda
Jaya Gurudev
$8.88

Yoga Revealed was registered by Edna Albano

4:30-6:00
[b:24ca7c314c]Edna Albano[/b:24ca7c314c]
Yoga Workshop
Room #C101-102
Conference Bldg.
First Floor Level Gauranga Yoga Workshop
This workshop will increase joint range of motion for a strong, firm, and flexible body. The first part is self-discovery based on the ancient wisdom of India that includes Yoga Sound and Mantra Meditation followed by a series of Vinyasa flow and breathing techniques. All levels of experience welcome!

Edna Albano Service 818-547-4385
samadhi108@earthlink.net

www.yogitimes.com/los_angeles/articles/2004/01_2004/expo_jan04.html

Vinyasa Yoga is one of the eight-fold Raja yoga systems. Raja yoga is a practice of astanga yoga developed by Patanjali. While Butler criticizes Astanga and Kundalini yogis and all impersonalist teachers his meditation centres are teaching methods used to attain samadhi or merging into the impersonal brahman.

If you accessed the site that Shanti posted Yoga Revealed it had this Patanjali eight-old mystic yoga system as a main feature of the organisation. This Raja Yoga was rejected by Arjuna as too difficult to practice and Bhaktivedanta said it was not suitable for this age and he even said hatha yoga was not to be taught in ISKCON temples. All these practices go against his guru's instruction.

It is not suprising SIF does since the purpose of astanga yoga is mind control. Raja Yoga is meditation used to clear the mind, control thoughts waves and for mental modification. The Yoga Nijra on the Wai Lana cds and Deep Peace and Gauranga Breathing are techniques that increase suggestibility and alter the subconscious mind. All these practices are not explained by SIF unqualified teachers and assist indoctrination and thought reform greatly.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: June 20, 2007 10:27PM

Someone may want to check this one out further:

It looks like Science of Identity to me from looking at their web site
However they are very careful to never mention Chris.
Yet they have video lecture tapes to watch &
Reincarnation Explained classes & books for sale!

There are NO pictures on this web site...
it is all text.

They offer:
Wai Lana Yoga
Mantra Meditation
Reincarnation Explained etc etc.
a very long list.

from the site:

Austin Meditation Center
2307 Rio Grande St, Austin, TX
(512) 472-YOGA
e-mail: austinmeditation@hotmail.com
Web: [www.austinmeditation.org]
Mailing Address: PMB 307, 2002-A Guadalupe St., Austin, TX 78705

Date Last Modified: June 4, 2007.
Haribol! (Chant the names of God!)

'This eternal knowledge is passed down from the Supreme Person Himself in an unbroken line of spiritual masters (self-realized souls) known as a sampradaya. We in turn are offering this gift to you unchanged and free of charge through Mantra Meditation classes, scripture classes, lectures, and weekly gatherings. We also have an extensive Library of books, booklets, audio tapes, CDs, and video tapes available to borrow or to purchase.'

'Some of the scriptures we read from include the Bhagavad-gita As It Is, the Sri Isopanisad, the Nectar of Instruction, and the Nectar of Devotion. There are many translations of and commentaries on these scriptures, but not all versions are accurate or bonafide. The content of the Vedas cannot be understood on a scholarly or intellectual level, nor can they be interpreted by one who is not fully spiritually realized. Only the pure devotee of God can comment on their true meaning. The versions we use were translated by such a devotee, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami, who is in our sampradaya (a disciplic succession or unbroken line of spiritual masters). Copies of all of these scriptures are available in our lending library.'

Note the very clever word usage here:
'who is in our sampradaya'

of course, Chris Butler is also "in their sampradaya"

I have little doubt this is SoI

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: atheist ()
Date: June 21, 2007 12:05PM

In last week's issue of Honolulu Weekly, editor Chris Haire reviews Chris Butler's "Dear Fanatic, Take It Easy" song. In his article he lists the

[www.cultofbutler.com]

website.

The article mentions the connections between Chris Butler and Mike Gabbard and also mentions Down to Earth.

It doesn't point out the irony of Chris Butler calling anyone else a "fanatic."

This week's issue of Honolulu Weekly features critical letters from Jeannie Bishop, president of the Science of Identity Foundation and someone named Tom Sato.

You can read the "Dear Fanatic" article at

[honoluluweekly.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.