Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: June 08, 2007 11:24PM

I personally know for an absolute fact that the money was funnelled in from followers in other countries that would have no conceivabe interest in who is the senator of Hawaii. I lived with the idiot that was making it possible via the internet as special service to hawaii - the only person I have ever heard of that got a free trip over there and as a new person actually met Chris Butler and got personal instructions from him. Get a recently suicidal person that has had a messed up life and fly them over to Hawaii and give them their pick of women from all the young devotee girls hunting for a husband and you've got loyal lackey that wont blow the whole scam - except mm talked to much to someone and then destroyed their life imagining he could just chant it away. How's that working Bren BTW? RKd got any more "helpful sugguestions"?

It is unfortunate that those oppossed to Mike including Ed Case were not familiar with the huge significance of names that appear on the campaign contributors list, which include such obvious connections as Tusta's wife and Wai lana's kids - does anyone with any knowledge of SoI see any possibility that these people put their hands in their pocket?

$4000 seems to be the maximum amount that one person is permitted to give. We have donations of $12 000 from members of the same families - realistically what family could afford to just give this kind of money away no matter how much they believed in something? There are contributors of thousands that donated way beyond their means according to the jobs that they put down including homemaker and retired. The people here are far from the first to have noticed - but there is the missing piece of enough knowledge of the cult to tie it all together.

Mike and Carol Gabbard have both run campaigns where they spent many times more than any opponent - the donations that they managed to bring in were just extraordinary - imagine so many people wanting to support Carol Gabbard to be on the Board of Education when - just like her - they dont even send their kids to school.

Devotees on the Gold Coast all work and most of them cant even put a roof over their heads or buy a decent functioning car. Hell I live on disability payments and I was financially supplementing the manager of firm-n-fold who had to resort to borrowing and scamming money off me. I never had a debt in my life and I left there with minus $2000. Unemployment payments here are higher than what many people in the cult work 40 hours a week bring home.

We can see the people that want to defend SoI regarding this subject of discussion and yet they cant do it - there is no redeeming quality regarding how the Gabbards or any of the other political candidates within SoI conducted themselves and you all know this.

All of you SoI members reading this - you put your trust and faith in Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa accepting that he is a perfect spiritual master and he cant protect you. He wont even act when he could to ensure that you are not all feeling persecuted and there is a whole lot of people that want your businesses to be boycotted to put an end to these shady politics. Noone wants to come forward and admit they they are a follower of Jagad Guru because it is an embarrassment and you well know that no good will come of it. That in itself confirms the statement that Science of Identity is a destructive cult. Noone here ever made you promises that if you serve us and just chant you will be happy and that we can offer you shelter. Hating us wont make your lives any more meaningful or less depressing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: MeanReds ()
Date: June 09, 2007 06:15PM

If you are still with us Shanti what were the "sleeping deities" and why was that woman watching them in the jungles? Did Siddha actually say he was going to "awaken them"? That is unusual.

Were there Siddha followers living in Taylor Camp or did they just stay for short periods? Was there much recruitment going on there? It is also alleged that part of the economy for Taylor Camp. Do you know anything about this? Since it was located in a remote area of the island it is speculated how the communists afforded to survive there and travel to town. Do you remember anything about the doctor you visited?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: June 09, 2007 06:19PM

Sorry I meant to say that it is alleged that part of the economy of the was gained through growing pot which is what I wondered if you knew anything about.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: hoax108 ()
Date: June 09, 2007 10:21PM

I just watched the "How to Start a Cult Video" on You Tube.

Here is the link:

[youtube.com]

OMG!! This is the Cult of Chris Butler!!

And it wasn't even made to address SOI specifically.

So c'mon all you followers of Krishna's confidential loving servant - don't be afraid to ask yourself some important questions and don't be afraid to externalize those little red flags that have been coming up inside of you.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: shanti ()
Date: June 10, 2007 01:52AM

The deities were Chaitanya & Nityananda.
Chris had them carved in the P.I. and he installed them in Koolau.
They were quite large...maybe four feet tall ?...don't remember for sure.
At some point the temple at Koolau effectively closed down, and it seems many people relocated to the Honolulu area to work on projects for Chris. If I am remembering correctly, Chris put the deities at Koolau "to sleep" and they remained so for quite a long time.
In other words, they were lain down in their beds,
and Chris said they were now sleeping.
One disciple stayed behind at Koolau, I do not recall
her initiated name, to make sure the deities were guarded and okay.
This disciple was the first Householder at Koolau temple in 1971 (?)

In 1984 when I was in Honolulu, Chris had this disciple bring the sleeping
deities to the Warehouse. An altar room had been built there for them.
I helped get the deities out of their beds, bathe them & get them dressed.
And then we stood them on the altar, awaiting Chris to come and officially
"awaken" and install them there. This woman got yelled at by Chris big time when he came into the altar room. Did she think SHE had awakened & installed the deities because they were up, bathed & dressed!!! She was in tears of course, we all were. She assured Chris that all we had done was to get the deities ready for him...nothing more...we knew they were still asleep...we just thought to havethem bathed & dressed was proper before Chris awakening them. He was content with that explanation, and said he believed her. We then all left the altar room and Chris was alone with the deities. In awhile, we were allowed back in.
The deities were then "awake & installed" in their new home. Huge kirtan.
I don't know the protocol for caring for deities...having them be "asleep" etc...the above account is all I know.

Taylor Camp:
The land was owned by Elizabeth Taylor's brother who also had a home in Haena Kauai. Some of the first hippies to invade Kauai were picked up for being vagrants, and Richard Taylor bailed them out of jail, and told them they could stay on his vacant land there in Haena. Hence "Taylor Camp" was born. I think this was in the mid 1960's. When I first came to Kauai in 1968 Taylor Camp consisted of only 4 or 5 dwellings...some tree houses, & one or two more serious structures.

I stayed there only a month or two. I later lived in Haena again in 1970-1972, (but not at Taylor Camp)and yes, at that time Taylor Camp was a recruiting spot for the then budding temple in Koolau. No disciples lived there however...they all lived at Koolau. I did not keep up with what was happening at Taylor Camp as far as what they were doing there. I never visited Taylor Camp after I moved from there. So I don't know the relationship between Koolau & Taylor Camp after 1972.
I moved from Haena into Lihue, then later to Hanalei.

The doctor I knew that lived at Taylor Camp was named Arnie. He later opened a practice in Hanalei. Quite legitimate doctor, with a quite legit medical practice...nothing to do w/chanting.

To survive in Haena Kauai in those years took very little money. Most everyone applied for & received Food Stamps, or unemployment from past jobs etc. Some people did have part-time jobs however.
There was tons of free fruit in the jungles & if you ate fish & had a garden... that's about all it took...at least to survive on the extreme Northshore. There were lots of places to camp, stay, live for free. Our lifestyle was minimal.

Very few hippies had cars at the time...but a few did...hitchhiking was the mode of transportation. That, and walking. I have walked the 8 miles from Haena to Hanalei many times. Hanalei then consisted of: a post office, grocery store & small cafe.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: June 10, 2007 02:22AM

The story about the deities is the most disgusting example of JG regarding his theological shortcomings that I have ever come across.

To actually have the arrogance to put the deities to sleep because he wasn't around and just leave them like that - as if god is sleeping beauty to slumber until the handsome prince comes to break the spell. I wish there was an emoticon for vomiting profusely because nothing else can illustrate how disgustingly huge his ego is as demonstrated by that story.

Deity worship requires devotion and is simply to treat the deities as a person that you are looking after - personal relationship with Krishna. You get to bathe and dress them and offer them breakfast and lunch and dinner. Some people and especially in the temples they have lots of outfits, pajamas to wear to bed, costumes for special occassions, jewellery and paraphrenalia. You can read them a story before putting them to sleep, light a lamp etc. The lady that had to stay there could have continued to care for them. God just doesn't hang on a hook while Chris isn't about.

The poor woman who got yelled at. This is why his disciples are too scared to actually do anything anymore. JG goes thirsty and has to yell at everyone with his poor dry throat because they are too terrified to approach him to offer him a glass of water.

Karma would have him put to bed for a year or so while his followers went off to have better things to do and see how demonic an act it would be coming from his own mouth then.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: shanti ()
Date: June 10, 2007 07:13AM

Dear hoax

That was intense!
Cult class 101.
Thank you for that link.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: hoax108 ()
Date: June 10, 2007 07:22AM

Shanti,

You're welcome. That link was originally posted on page 90 of this thread.

I was amazed at how the methods are exactly what are being used in Siddha's group.

Such a shame. I am so glad I WOKE UP!!! What a relief...............

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: June 10, 2007 09:09AM

Taylor camp was in existence from some time in 67 to 72 when local authorities burned down the main house and many people had left the camp. The reason I am interested is that this camp was allegedly formed as a social experiment by a group of psychiatrists. The doctor living in the camp was the zen master I am guessing from your accounts and I suppose he ran the "Church of Brotherhood of the Paradise Children" in TC.

One of Siddha's main goals in the 70s was obviously recruitment if he was planning to open a drug rehab center which used chanting as a cure. Did you come in contact with members of Siddha's group in TC in '68 Shanti?

On a side note "Puff the Magic Dragon" in '63 was apparently inspired by a place (in Kauai near TC) by the sea called Hanalei (Hana-lee). :wink:

A person on this thread mentioned a concert for an organisation called P.E.A.C.E and I found a group called Project P.E.A.C.E - Planet Ecology Advancing Conscious Economics - which was founded by Paul J Von Hartman in Maui who actually met Chris's father Willis Butler. This was the only organisation I could find and sounds similar in name to the one described.

Like Willis, Paul is interested in legalizing marijuana and has a site explaining the usefulness of cannabis as a natural resource (not the kind that gets you high). He also found it interesting that marijuana coud be used to cure narcotic and alcohol addictions as Chris Butler's grandfather found out running a rehab clinic during the prohibition years.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: June 10, 2007 02:36PM

This posted on a forum 4 years ago when Andy Smith was appointed by lingle:

Amen to that! Garuda now plays rhythm guitar, and Andy Smith, a young guy who was last year's Republican candidate for State House from Hilo and who is now Gov. Lingle's liaison to the Big Island, is our star conga player. Young, mild-mannered Republican functionary by day, wild, conga-pounding kirtan guy by night. If only they knew.

If only they knew indeed!

Andy, the vegetarian, who is interested in The Absolute Truth and Love of God is known by Babhru das. Babhru knows the group quite intimately for someone who is supposedly an ex-member.

Mahaksa dasa (Siddha's follower in 30 year exile from SIF) appears to allude to Taylor Camp on Kauai if that is the park he is talking about at the end of the road. He also mentions the Boy Scout retreat which I have seen mentioned elsewhere. Does anyone know anything about this?

The boy scout camp retreat was another event worth mentioning, electric kirtanas, and another one quite a few years earlier (you may have been tryin to get to SA at the time) at a park at the end of the road in Kauai.

Siddhasvarupa's biggest internet supporters on Indiadivine:

[www.indiadivine.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.