Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: June 05, 2007 07:11PM

That was a quick post - the total of information available that I know of regarding Rick Reed is on front page of www.cultofbutler.com under what is going on now with the whole text of the eulogy and link to the video memorial Reed made at www.chippedrice.com

There is no link for the eulogy speech on-line that I know of sorry.

It would seem that there was no interest in the media about this revealation although Reed is old news politically and his involvement with SoI following his re-election scandal was under question. Certain persons were lobbying a while ago to not waste time on researching Reed because he was an ex member. Does make me very curious about him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: privateye ()
Date: June 05, 2007 08:58PM

cultreporter
That was a quick post - the total of information available that I know of regarding Rick Reed is on front page of www.cultofbutler.com under what is going on now with the whole text of the eulogy and link to the video memorial Reed made at www.chippedrice.com

There is no link for the eulogy speech on-line that I know of sorry.

It would seem that there was no interest in the media about this revelation although Reed is old news politically and his involvement with SoI following his re-election scandal was under question. Certain persons were lobbying a while ago to not waste time on researching Reed because he was an ex member. Does make me very curious about him.

Thanks I read it all. Amazing this is not making the news in Hawaii. Maybe some letters to the editor are in store so people know that Rick was not being honest all those years. Just as Gabbard is telling lies now.

Where did you find the eulogy?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: June 05, 2007 09:16PM

Rick Reed mentions in the eulogy that he was the editor for the Valley Isle paper. I remember that paper, it was very controversial and went against the powers that be. It appears that Chris has infiltrated that same power structure since then.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: June 05, 2007 10:44PM

privateye
Amazing this is not making the news in Hawaii. Maybe some letters to the editor are in store so people know that Rick was not being honest all those years. Just as Gabbard is telling lies now.

Where did you find the eulogy?

It was sent to me through a reader of the site.

Very interesting to me too that although Reed was working for Marsland it was not Marsland that was pointing the finger at who was responsible for organised crime. It is said that the cult connections between Reed and Gabbard are an open secret, but I do wonder how aware people really are. Press is not all that hard to get, I have been asked to do some consultation with overseas but not in the US although some Indy media in Hawaii has picked up bits and pieces. I have a lot of work planned on the site (I know I always do - the list of stuff to go there just keeps getting longer) and my personal story is going to start appearing there shortly in installments as I am producing final draft. I dont read tabloids (or anything non-digital really) but the personal aspect seems to play well and plenty of people do.

Here is a list of Hawaiian Newspapers that might be of interest :

[newslink.org]

I only had a quick look, but this one is my favourite :

[www.honoluluweekly.com]

Maybe if they get a few letters they may catch up :wink:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: June 05, 2007 10:47PM

According to the legend, Cec Heftel was mounting a serious challenge to John Waihee for the Democratic nomination for Governor. Heftel was ahead in the polls, when the Democratic machine, which backed Waihee, launched a "smear campaign" with a mass mailing that alleged Heftel's involvement with drug parties and underaged males. These rumors caused Heftel to lose the election.

The problem with this story is that most of its "facts" are plain wrong. Very few people ever heard about the "smear" until Heftel publicly denounced it right after he lost the election. The mailing had gone out to a very small group of influential people in the apparent hope that they would use their positions to publicize it further. None of them did so.

The best evidence as to who did the mailing points to the politically active, but secretive religious cult headed by Chris Butler, aka Jaggad Guru.[/color:1bf729fd32] The most prominent public member at the time was Rick Reed, special assistant to prosecutor Charles Marsland. [b:1bf729fd32]The FBI determined that photocopies of the document had been made in Marsland's office and a copy of the confidential informant's allegations was found in Reed's personal files, though he had no legal right to have the document. Reed's then wife, a co-worker named Carter Phillips Reed, told investigators that she had been present months before the smear became public when Rick Reed had discussed the allegations against Heftel with his guru, Chris Butler. (Butler and Reed both deny the charge.) All this info is available in the Advertiser's morgue.[/b:1bf729fd32]

Why would Reed do such a thing? Let's look at two somewhat similar cases. As Marsland's assistant, Rick Reed got access to confidential investigative documents that alleged that Big Island rancher Larry Mehau was a major figure in organized crime. Rick felt a responsibility to warn the public and so he publicized the information in a public speech and in print, calling Mehau the "godfather of organzied crime." This resulted in a major lawsuit against Reed.

In a second case, Reed heard that a hairdresser who worked downtown was telling people that she had been sexually assaulted decades earlier by Senator Inouye. Reed provided a tape recorder to a campaign worker, another member of the cult who had lived in Butler's compound in California, but had come to Hawaii to work on Reed's political campaign. This woman, Umeko Walker, befriended the hairdresser and got her to repeat the story to her while secretly recording the woman's voice. Reed then used the woman's voice without her permission in a campaign ad attacking Inouye.

[blogs.honoluluadvertiser.com]

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: June 06, 2007 12:19AM

Rather than letters to the editor I can envision that this whole thing could end up on the cover of Time Magazine. It's funny the site the Chriskcon interface is deveoped from - the premiere Scientology exposure site just got themselves a flashbox like the one we have declaring they are the cult of infiltration. L.Ron watchers are actually starting to get jealous :o For 30 years now Chris Butler has been getting away with the most obvious and outrageous acts there just [u:41a0fdc577]has[/u:41a0fdc577] to be a deep dark secret still buried somewhere.

Hey private eye - you know now that you posted that link and sugguested letters to the editor that the devotees are going to have to spend all day trying to have the link removed and writing copious amounts of letters. The Hawaii Surf forum should start linking to here to see what days the beach is going to be less crowded. :lol:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: MeanReds ()
Date: June 06, 2007 03:59AM

This comment which was left on The Honolulu Advertiser site mentions that Carter Phillips Reed admitted that Chris Butler was involved. Perhaps the article refered to is the 12th August 1992 Honolulu Weekly "Rick Reed's Inner Self" by Derek Ferrar when 7000 papers disappeared from the newstands.

It was mentioned on this thread that the marriage was arranged and when Carter had said that she didn't want to be a follower any longer she disappeared from the group. Her informing on Butler was not mentioned and further details were declined.

It would be useful to know if she has gone back to using her maiden name or had remarried.

Comment from: Bart Dame [Visitor]
Virgil,

You list Harris, Heftel, and Bainum as victims of "smears" by "the old boy network." I am familiar with the popular understanding of the "Heftel smear", which I claim is largely an urban legend, but I am a bit puzzled by your assertions that Harris and Bainum were both smeared by the "OBN".

*snip*

The so-called "Heftel Smear" is the biggest of the bunch. I have Googled that phrase, "Heftel Smear" and read all the variants, but the usual telling essentially boils down to these few points.

According to the legend, Cec Heftel was mounting a serious challenge to John Waihee for the Democratic nomination for Governor. Heftel was ahead in the polls, when the Democratic machine, which backed Waihee, launched a "smear campaign" with a mass mailing that alleged Heftel's involvement with drug parties and underaged males. These rumors caused Heftel to lose the election.

The problem with this story is that most of its "facts" are plain wrong. Very few people ever heard about the "smear" until Heftel publicly denounced it right after he lost the election. The mailing had gone out to a very small group of influential people in the apparent hope that they would use their positions to publicize it further. None of them did so.

The best evidence as to who did the mailing points to the politically active, but secretive religious cult headed by Chris Butler, aka Jagad Guru. The most prominent public member at the time was Rick Reed, special assistant to prosecutor Charles Marsland. The FBI determined that photocopies of the document had been made in Marsland's office and a copy of the confidential informant's allegations was found in Reed's personal files, though he had no legal right to have the document. [b:a083bfb361]Reed's then wife, a co-worker named Carter Phillips Reed, told investigators that she had been present months before the smear became public when Rick Reed had discussed the allegations against Heftel with his guru, Chris Butler. (Butler and Reed both deny the charge.) All this info is available in the Advertiser's morgue.[/b:a083bfb361]

Why would Reed do such a thing? Let's look at two somewhat similar cases. As Marsland's assistant, Rick Reed got access to confidential investigative documents that alleged that Big Island rancher Larry Mehau was a major figure in organized crime. Rick felt a responsibility to warn the public and so he publicized the information in a public speech and in print, calling Mehau the "godfather of organzied crime." This resulted in a major lawsuit against Reed.

In a second case, Reed heard that a hairdresser who worked downtown was telling people that she had been sexually assaulted decades earlier by Senator Inouye. Reed provided a tape recorder to a campaign worker, another member of the cult who had lived in Butler's compound in California, but had come to Hawaii to work on Reed's political campaign. This woman, Umeko Walker, befriended the hairdresser and got her to repeat the story to her while secretly recording the woman's voice. Reed then used the woman's voice without her permission in a campaign ad attacking Inouye.

So I think it would be thoroughly consistent with his M.O. for Rick (along with the other devotees of Chris Butler) to have leaked the report against Heftel, IF he believed the allegations were true. This last point is a bit awkward to discuss. But nonetheless....

Which political figure in recent Hawaii history has been most active in opposing homosexuals? At the time of the "Heftel smear," the Chris Butler group was on record as being hostile to sexual behavior, but there was no special emphasis on their part against homosexual behavior in particular. That hostility became obvious later with the rise to prominence of Mike Gabbard, who was a legislative aide to Rick Reed when he served in the legislature and who, along with his wife, Carol, ran the Honolulu temple for Chris Butler's cult, the "Science of Identity Foundation."

The extreme hostility to homosexuality shown by Mike Gabbard exists throughout the group. Mike has just been the most public face. When you combine Rick Reed's pattern of releasing confidential information to the public when he felt it was necessary with the rabid anti-homosexual bias of the Butlerite group, plus the testimony of Reed's ex-wife and the FBI's analysis that traces the smear document to Rick Reed's files in Marsland's office, I think it becomes clear that the best evidence points in that direction. I am NOT accusing any specific member of the Butler cult of being actively involved in the smear, though Reed clearly was involved in at least discussing the matter if not carrying it out. Gabbard's vicious anti-homosexual loathing is presented as evidence of the group's attitudes. I am NOT accusing Mike of being personally involved. I don't think he was even in the islands at the time. But other core members of the group share the same beliefs.

I think I have built a much stronger case against the Butler group than I have ever seen laid out against any Democrat, whether old or young.

*snip*

09/09/06 @ 00:30

[blogs.honoluluadvertiser.com]

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: MeanReds ()
Date: June 06, 2007 12:47PM

[b:a7c3578bee]City Council Prayers - Overt Christian Proselytizing Unconstitutional[/b:a7c3578bee]
HCSSC Press Release - Tuesday, November 12, 2002

NOTE: HCSSC would like to thank Mike Gabbard, Councilman-elect to the Honolulu City Council, for bringing this matter to our attention. Councilman-elect Gabbard gives the Hare Krishna religion a new voice on the City Council. Hare Krishna gurus will be invited to give the invocation.
[www.lava.net]

From the Hawaii Citizens for the Separation of State and Church (HCSSC)

This is a formal complaint of religious discrimination against the citizens of Honolulu. In the past three years, all but 4 of the invocations delivered as part of the agenda for regular meetings were distinctly Christian.

Most of the invocations took the form of prayers or Bible readings, often beginning with "Our Father in Heaven …" and ending with "… In Jesus Name, Amen." Many included overt proselytizing and some claimed Jesus is "Our Lord and Savior." The vast majority of Hawaii residents are non-Christian, so these pious pronouncements are offensive and disparaging to those who hold different religious beliefs or secular views.

"I am going to share from the one book in the Bible that does not mention God. By mentioning this book, maybe I won't get in trouble with certain parties who want to take God out of everything. It is the Book of Esther which tells the story of a young orphan girl who was chosen to be queen…. All rise and join me in a moment of prayer. Father in Heaven, we thank you so much. You put us in these positions to serve your people. Father, we pray, Lord God, let us serve you. We praise you. We lift up to you. In the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen."

Ron Boyer*, Senior Advisor to John Henry Felix, District 3, Wednesday, September 25, 2002
*Paid public employee proselytizing on government time for the benefit of his superior

Ron Boyer now is on Gabbard's staff and contributed $2000 to Mike's campaign monies.

Bhakti Gabbard SF CA $1000 (Mike Gabbard's son)

Rasika (dasi) Gleason $1250

[img:a7c3578bee]http://starbulletin.com/2003/08/26/news/artwilda.jpg[/img:a7c3578bee]

She sells Gabbard's campaign manager's (Devin "Dharma das" Bull) Twisterz in the markets and just happens to have a hindu devotee name.

She also attended a candlelight vigil with Gabbard

"It promotes homosexuality as a normal and natural lifestyle to our kids," said Gabbard.

Rasika Gleason, who attended the candlelight prayer, said, "Children so young are already going through so much confusion."

Gleason said the idea of developing a lesson plan to meet the needs of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender students makes her uncomfortable. She said she would prefer education on homosexuality to be left out of public schools.
[starbulletin.com]

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: halak ()
Date: June 06, 2007 02:52PM

For all of you people who are trying to find out about the religious beliefs or affiliations of financial supporters of Mike Gabbard.

I have a question for you: are you doing the same kind of research about other political candidates? And are you researching the religious affiliations etc. of other politicians?

If your answers to these questions is no you are not doing such research then you are obviously religious bigots. You believe that people should be discriminated against because of their religion; and you believe that followers of particular religions should not be allowed to run for office or at the very least people should not vote for them. It’s time to admit your bigotry and stop your campaign of hate.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: June 06, 2007 05:09PM

Dear Halak,

We are conducting an investigation into Science of Identity and the credibility of Mike Gabbards denial that he is not affiliated with Chris Butler or SoI.

There is plenty of information here and on www.cultofbutler.com if you would like to find out more.

Are you personally aware of the issues which are being discussed here concerning SoI?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.