Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: January 12, 2007 08:49AM

[b:48f121bc3a]For my friend Googling.[/b:48f121bc3a]
A poem by Leonard Cohen from "Book of Longings". (Leonard Cohen was a 60's songwriter who spent many years retreating into a zen monastary. He is famous for the songs, "Bird on a Wire", "Suzanne", and many others).

[/color:48f121bc3a][b:48f121bc3a]MY LIFE IN ROBES

After awhile
You can't tell
If it's missing
A woman
Or needing
A cigarette
And later on
If it's night
Or day
Then suddenly
You know
The time
You get dressed
You go home
You light up
You get married
[/b:48f121bc3a][/color:48f121bc3a]

The "Good" says, "There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with the rope around their neck and the people who have the job of doing the cutting." (from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly")[/color:48f121bc3a][/size:48f121bc3a]

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: January 12, 2007 10:00PM

emntk
It's a religious cult and if you or anyone on the Gold Coast maintain faith in a guy in Hawaii that treats you all like his permanent slaves - "get me this", "cover this with foil", "eat my toenails", "toenails have been revoked", "I'm not going to speak in public because of an alcoholic individual out for a stroll", "give up on your children they are a waste and start with a new generation", and whatever else he is upto then you are blindly following a fraud. Many people are going to be hurt by this fraud if his religious cult (that is claiming not to be a religion) is not exposed.

:arrow: Well put, emntk, and this thread is doing a [b:4668fee861]great job [/b:4668fee861]of exposing them!

:wink:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: January 13, 2007 05:43AM

zelig
You have no idea how you have interfered with destiny or not. And to point the finger at Bren just shows your lack of character. You see this behavior with children all the time. "I din't do it! He did it!" [And I am NO fan of the wimp Mr Been, but he apparently was royally messed with too]. Your guru can not possibly forgive you for that. You will be accountable for your own actions karmically.

Narasingha has one of those disks too! The story about it chasing someone all over the world makes it pretty clear why Siddha travels so much :wink:

I guess you don't have to worry about upsetting destiny when you are on close personal terms with "God" :roll: I've also heard that RKd apparently remembers Krishna sometimes too. I hoped better for Bren and I always will but honestly he has no character to let these people treat him like this - and that attitude was well established long before I even got there. I shudder to think about all the shit that went on behind my back and that I will probably never know the full extent of it.

Come on Bren lying to yourself and agonising over whether you are believing it enough? Seriously it reminds me of when I used to have a cat that would use the litter tray and then turn right around and sniff like cats do (and why I don't get another cat) and get this disgusted look on his face like "Oh! that's what that is!"

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: January 13, 2007 08:28PM

Check out Siddha's house -

www.xanga.com/carisjames

Actually this one of his former homes. Maybe when the 2.2 million it is worth comes in [i:d7010da0f7]then[/i:d7010da0f7] he will build a temple :roll:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: January 13, 2007 11:57PM

cultreporter
Check out Siddha's house -

www.xanga.com/carisjames

Actually this one of his former homes. Maybe when the 2.2 million it is worth comes in [i:69c0e75714]then[/i:69c0e75714] he will build a temple :roll:

WOW :!: :!: :!:

But I believe they are selling themselves short ... VERY short! A house and property like this should be worth at least 10 million! I am no real estate man, but I can see the trend that is taking place throughout the civilized world - [b:69c0e75714]SKYROCKETING PRICES...[/b:69c0e75714] [i:69c0e75714](A very small home in my city with waterfront access is worth a couple of million!)[/i:69c0e75714]

And an 8000 sq foot home with 6000 sq foot of decks with its own private oceanfront should fetch at least 10 million - I'm sure Oprah Winfrey would pay twice that for a home like this!!!

But I suppose Mr. and Mrs. Guru do not have to worry about money, do they? The ones who will be losing on this deal are the suckers who are engaged in devotional service.

:(

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: January 14, 2007 12:07AM

zelig
[b:b73182bcbb]For my friend Googling.[/b:b73182bcbb]
A poem by Leonard Cohen from "Book of Longings". (Leonard Cohen was a 60's songwriter who spent many years retreating into a zen monastary. He is famous for the songs, "Bird on a Wire", "Suzanne", and many others).

At least Mr. Cohen was honest enough to admit he never acquired the "higher taste" ... Others spend their whole lives chasing the dream, like the hamster on the training wheel!

Dylan says: It's allright, Ma, I'm only dying. It's life and life only.[/size:b73182bcbb]

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: January 14, 2007 06:17AM

just-googling
zelig
[b:089f038032]For my friend Googling.[/b:089f038032]

At least Mr. Cohen was honest enough to admit he never acquired the "higher taste" ... Others spend their whole lives chasing the dream, like the hamster on the training wheel!

Dylan says: It's allright, Ma, I'm only dying. It's life and life only.[/size:089f038032]

[b:089f038032]Googling :D
The poem isn't about not getting enlightenment. It is about getting enlightened after all. He couldn't tell if it was night or day...and then came to know the time --- to wake up --- and left the monastary and lived a real life![/b:089f038032]

MY LIFE IN ROBES

After awhile
You can't tell
If it's missing
A woman
Or needing
A cigarette
And later on
If it's night
Or day
Then suddenly
You know
The time
You get dressed
You go home
You light up
You get married
~Leonard Cohen[/size:089f038032]

Tuco says, "It's better to be the guy who cuts the rope than the one who gets hung!"[/color:089f038032][/size:089f038032]

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: January 14, 2007 07:45AM

Why did the guru need an 8000 square foot house?

:arrow: 2000 sq feet for his material body, and 6000 sq feet for his ego!

:lol:

JG and VD on the front page of "Better Homes & Gardens" is hilarious!!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: atheist ()
Date: January 14, 2007 10:06AM

From watching "Jagad Guru Speaks," it is pretty clear to me that Chris Butler considers himself to be the equal of Jesus. Butler clearly considers himself to be a spiritual representative of God and he also considers Jesus to be just a spiritual representative of God.

I've been going through my notes. I definitely have a Siddha devotee stating that "Jesus is not God." I think that Butler may have said that during one of his "Jagad Guru Speaks" lectures. I need to go over my notes again and maybe review some of those "Jagad Guru Speaks" segments.

What does His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada teach about Jesus?

It seems to me that Butler's teachings are pretty close to Prabhupada's.

One reason that this is of interest to me is that Mike Gabbard, over the years, has gotten considerable support from conservative fundamentalist Xtians. At this time, Mike Gabbard is claiming to be a Roman Catholic.

Part of the major deception of Mike and Carol Gabbard's political campaigns is that they have tried to deny any connection or involvement with Chris Butler or the Science of Identity Foundation. This deception has been unsuccessful on their part, however.

Some Xtians in Hawaii have see through the Gabbard's deception, though:

[www.letusreason.org]

The folks at "Let Us Reason Ministries" need to watch a few more episodes of "Jagad Guru Speaks" and watch and hear Butler compare himself to Jesus and conclude that he is the equal of Jesus.

It is probably not going to affect the Gabbard's though. They are probably going to be able to make a claim that they are Xtians stick.

In truth, conservative Xtian beliefs and Hare Krishna beliefs are not that different. Start with "sex is for procreation only."

It turns out that the Hare Krishnas are also opponents of the teaching of evolution. Michael A. Cremo is the Hare Krishna (ISKCON) writer who is their leading writer against evolution. Check out:

[www.mcremo.com]

Cremo, of the Bhaktivedanta Institute, gets wide exposure periodically on worldwide radio programs like "Coast to Coast AM with George Noory."

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: January 14, 2007 02:44PM

atheist
From watching "Jagad Guru Speaks," it is pretty clear to me that Chris Butler considers himself to be the equal of Jesus. Butler clearly considers himself to be a spiritual representative of God and he also considers Jesus to be just a spiritual representative of God.

CB does consider himself to be on the same level as Jesus although I have not heard him say it in exactly those words. His rationale is that Jesus was a pure devotee of Krishna - which he also considers himself to be.

Butler wrote a book called Jesus loves Krishna and a prayer "glorifying" him that included the words "who do you think he is praying to" - referring to Krishna. You might be able to get a copy of this booklet if you are lucky. I have seen it but it is one of the limited access ones (certain booklets are not available for sale to or reading by 'new people')

Also the booklet Jesus is not your doormat, I made a post recently with an excerpt which is all I have of that one atm.

There is a bit about Re-incarnation in the Bible in the book Re-incarnation Explained. Sorry I do not have a copy of it.

On a broader scope the devotees of CB consider all prophets to be pure devotees of Krishna - although they do not pay the attention or worship to them that they do to Jesus (not commercial enough for an American audience i imagine) It is a ridiculous concept because if you compare the teachings of Mohammed and Jesus, which I did when I was a student of Siddha, they are not all that similar.

On ACB have a look on-line for a copy of the Science of Self Realisation, there are many copies of his books on-line (including the one below) there is a chapter called understanding Krishna and Christ.

[www.krishna.com]

In it ACB says that when you are saying Christ or Krishna you are talking to the same supreme person. He has what is to me a very convultuted argument for this pretty much based solely on linguistics.

On evolution CB devotees believe in 'Intelligent Design' - which is basically defined (by me) as they cannot prove that no evolution has ever occurred and evolution contradicts their religious beliefs so they argue that there is evidence of God in natural science. If you look into Carol Gabbard with more indepth resources than I have access to atm then you will see that she was pushing for this to be taught while she was on the school board.

I hope that you will keep us up to date with what you are doing and the info that you are putting together.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.