Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: atheist ()
Date: January 10, 2007 07:45AM

Someone asked:

Anyone have any info what is happening on the Sacramento scene for CB's group?

I discovered that Siddha's sidekick, Tusta, was based in Sacramento before his illness. It appears that he did die in Hawaii.

If you look at the Science of Identity Hawaii Business Name Registration at:

[hbe.ehawaii.gov]

You will see the name "Linda Harvey" on the SIF Board of Directors.

Ms. Harvey is from Carmichael, CA, which is right next to Sacramento. If you study Mike Gabbard's political campaign contributors, you will find the name of other Harveys from Carmichael.

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: January 10, 2007 07:48AM

cultreporter
Could it be so easy to bring down Siddha's cult by downing a few and wandering into 'his' park? :lol:

If he wants to keep the commoners from staggering in unawares maybe he ought to build a temple? :wink: That mansion really ain't doing as much as it could be for Krishna is it Chris?

No, not doing much for Krishna, but doing lots for Kris! :!:

I wonder how many rooms that mansion has? I wonder what they are all used for (deities in every room?)... maybe has a board room ... for surf boards, that is!!!!

:?:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: January 10, 2007 11:29AM

Well Wai Lana would have her own bedroom of course :roll:

Although they could have saved on space by not having bathrooms because I am sure that the living incarnations of Radha-Krishna (strange, I always imagined that Radha could sing) would never get dirty or need to do anything as mundane and common as go to the toilet. :o Why as we all know even his toenails are so clean you can eat em.

He doesn't need a kitchen because I have heard it mentioned that it is across town. :?:

Probably hidden escape tunnels, a secret lab, portal to Gokula so he can pop in and out unexpected to check Krishna isn't just slacking with the gopis, a fully equipped torture dungeon for the likes of who commit the heinous crime of bringing his breakfast two minutes late. You know, just the basics.

Anyone who has been in 'personal service' would have gotten to enter the master's abode right?

Remember those lectures about if guru comes to your house that you should welcome him in, show him to a chair, wash his feet, offer him a glass of water and generally show him the epitome of hospitality. But to host Krishna - we'll just meet him down the park with the local drunks hanging out and the litter and the dog poo :?:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: fdouble ()
Date: January 10, 2007 11:48AM

atheist
You will see the name "Linda Harvey" on the SIF Board of Directors.

Ms. Harvey is from Carmichael, CA, which is right next to Sacramento. If you study Mike Gabbard's political campaign contributors, you will find the name of other Harveys from Carmichael.

Linda Harvey is also listed as the producer behind "Jagad Guru Speaks" whenever it airs on Sacramento Public Access TV.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to get episode information or a list of traditional music that the Chris Butler group would sing? I'm trying to track down information about a song I caught while passing the Guru Speaks program tonight. thanks

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: January 10, 2007 12:37PM

The Book “Barbara: Memoir of a Love Affair” is a good read and well worth the effort to understand the evolution of Kris Butler and his group. For those of you who love psychology, there is plenty of fodder for analysis! There is a family history of both religious fanaticism and schizophrenia. Most of the book centers on his wife, it is after all the memoir of his love affair with her. All of the children are mentioned and clearly loved. He graciously allows their differing points of views with no bitterness. He does offer his opinion of Kris’s philosophy in humorous ways. He dedicates the book to Bruce and thanked him for all his help. Bruce was with his mother when she passed. (He is a follower of his younger brother still). Kris did spend some time with his dying mother and chanted to her softly. There are several very complimentary paragraphs about Kathy Hoshijo (Katyayani) in his book. She was living on the Quonset hut property when she had her first child.

To understand how the children were raised, one only needs to be familiar with the pedagogy of the French Philosopher Rousseau.
[www.nwlink.com]
“Rousseau expounded a new theory of education emphasizing the importance of expression rather than repression to produce a well-balanced, freethinking child. He explained his views on the benefits of health and physical exercise, and the belief that knowledge acquisition occurs though experience and that reason and investigation should replace arbitrary authority. He also proposed that education should follow natural inclination impulses and feelings (learning styles).”

[scholar.lib.vt.edu]

“In the history of education, Rousseau has usually been viewed as a precursor of human development theory. Sometimes he has also been considered an advocate of non-authoritarian pedagogy, with children selecting and solving problems in a non-directive environment. But Carbone (1985) was critical of this "enduring myth," noting that "there is actually scant justification in the Emile for heavy reliance on the desires and interests of students in the establishment of educational ends and means" (p. 408).”

[www.ed.uiuc.edu]

I was also raised by liberal parents such as this. The irony is that many of these atheist, agnostic, and humanistic liberals created a generation of spiritual seeking kids that got into drugs and/or rebelled by becoming right wing conservatives!

Tuco says, “Waiting for Krishna is like waiting for Godot.”[/color:f3af87bec4][/size:f3af87bec4]

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: January 10, 2007 12:59PM

[/quote]Ms. Harvey is from Carmichael, CA, which is right next to Sacramento. If you study Mike Gabbard's political campaign contributors, you will find the name of other Harveys from Carmichael.

Ms. Harvey initiated name is Uddava dasi. She lives in her home in Carmicheal, which the devotees call the med center. Usually there is a gathering there each weekend. She was married to a man Krsna japa das, but he was always an outsider of sorts, and I guess they divorced, now Uddava is supposedly married to a man from Poland. Anyone know where Krishna japa das is? He use to sell used cars in the Sacramento area.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: January 10, 2007 01:06PM

I discovered that Siddha's sidekick, Tusta, was based in Sacramento before his illness. It appears that he did die in Hawaii.

Tusta did pass in Hawaii, CB was there when he left. They had a big party there after he died, pizza and french froes, Tusta's favorite food. There are a coupke of cd's that were made that CB talked about Tusta's death, I have heard them, but it has been a while, can't remember the details. Tustas wife Jin Ming (spell?), was very sad, and I beleive to this day is still sad. There son, Balaram supposedly has run into allot of problems on Oahu, they moved there during Tusta's passing.

Anyone have any info on Phenop das?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: freeatlast! ()
Date: January 10, 2007 03:00PM

phenup das is living in Sacramento, he gives lectures once a week at the med center, also holds a gathering at a neighbors house near the med center once a week.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: January 10, 2007 03:20PM

fdouble
Speaking of which, does anyone know how to get episode information or a list of traditional music that the Chris Butler group would sing? I'm trying to track down information about a song I caught while passing the Guru Speaks program tonight. thanks

I would sugguest that you contact the station that you saw it on, you can probably e-mail them. I wouldn't expect that you would get a complete list since JG Speaks was made in the 80s and has no recent episodes as far as I have ever seen and there have been some repressed. I have seen one of the repressed ones where he talks about acid rain and says that within ten years Hawaii will be unihabitable "You won't even be able to drink that water!" um wrong again Chris-Nah. :roll:

About the songs - on the lecture CDs that I have there are chants, I'm not sure which ones they are but I can email them to you if you like. You can contact me through www.xanga.com/carisjames If you tell me any of the words to the particular song you want I would try to help you download it, there are a lot of free chant downloads.

When I was on the Gold Coast we used to run one of three chanting CDs at home 24-7 on loop so I have heard this one over and over again. Devotees pass around CDs of burned lectures and chants so it may not have been released - but if you have CDs listen closely to Narasingha prayers. On this one he gets into a long Jaya session at the end and clearly chants Jaya Jaya Hiranyikasipu :twisted: Jaya being victory and Hiranyikasipu being one of the biggest demons in Krishna stories who abused his son Prahlad and was killed by Narasingha - protector of the devotees. This is definitely on my wishlist of things I would like to see again.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: fdouble ()
Date: January 10, 2007 04:55PM

I would sugguest that you contact the station that you saw it on, you can probably e-mail them. I wouldn't expect that you would get a complete list since JG Speaks was made in the 80s and has no recent episodes as far as I have ever seen and there have been some repressed.

Thank you very much for your reply and offer. I am going to go ahead and email the station and hope for the best. On the site's program schedule, they list the subtitle of the episode as "Party Spirit Blindness." The song was mostly propelled by acoustic guitar and the repetition of a single chant (which I could not pick up). It was sung solo at first, then all in attendance joined as the number grew in tempo. It also was the closing song.

I did a quick search via google and Youtube, and the closest match I could find was a rendition of "Ganesha Sharinam Sharinam Ganesha" : [www.youtube.com] . . . However, I'm a little ignorant as to if it would even make sense for CB's group to be singing such a song.

Thanks again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.