Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: jograves ()
Date: December 21, 2006 03:16AM

I have a few questions for RKD, since he talks with great authority and seems to think he has the answers:

Toenails are maha prashadam - purifying. I have had the glory of eating them myself.
Someone tell me something; is this typical of most guru-run groups, this toenail eating thing? I've never heard of it before, from any religion, anywhere. The only thing similar that I ever saw was in an R. Crumb parody of Charlie Manson.

Most people's brains need 'washing"
Now that's more typical. I've heard this from a lot of groups, some self-help groups, some motivational groups.

The nature of surrender and accptance of a Spiritual Master is that one accepts that He is enlightened.
One should not engage in speculative reasoning. It will only confuse your already diseased mind
I guess you'd be recommending that we surrender to whichever self-proclaimed enlightened "guru" comes along first, since surrender is a necessity, and reasoning a no-no?

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: December 21, 2006 07:42AM

just-googling
The funny thing is that I used to think exactly like our RKd is now thinking... Things started changing around 1990 when I received a phone call saying that Guru wanted his disciples to fast for six months becuase the slaves were late with his breakfast. I was quite upset by this, thinking that ACB had never acted like this, but indeed I did start to fast and I felt extremely guilty when I took some water the next morning....

Just Googling - I really think there is a need for some serious concern here. Do you know what the outcome of this order to fast for 6 months was? Did he seriously expect people to continue with it beyond the point where it was ridiculous to just plain dangerous or even life threatening?

A few of the posters here were involved on this thread a little while ago..

[board.culteducation.com]

Suzi : My daughter, follower of Chris Butler for 5 years, thinks she was a guard in a WW11 concentration camp in her past life and that is why she is having so much trouble eating, loosing weight, putting weight on. Refusues to talk about Chris Butler or the group so guessing she still considers herself a "devotee" . Comments?

I have had two sources contact me when the blog was up telling me similar tips about anorexia. One claimed that they had seen a website a few years ago for a girl that had died after becoming anorexic in SOI. I have not been able to verify this as yet - but who knows what any established base of contact for escapees might dredge up?

Such an order not to eat would be exactly the sort of thing that one would be expressly ordered not to talk about wouldn't it? Other people just don't understand - they will condemn you through your hearing of their offensive responses (ie - what sot of nutjob would order you not to eat for 6 months????)

Curious aside - looking for that thread I noticed the ones about SOI on the 4th and 5th pages (yeah there is 4th and 5th pages here!) are still ranking as popular - eventhough they have had no new posts for months.
? Who could be watching old threads with such an interest ?

I have a feelng that in the fast approaching new year the gloves are gonna come off...

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: December 21, 2006 07:58AM

cultreporter
Just Googling - I really think there is a need for some serious concern here. Do you know what the outcome of this order to fast for 6 months was? Did he seriously expect people to continue with it beyond the point where it was ridiculous to just plain dangerous or even life threatening?

I received a phone call later the next day, saying that, no, we were not expected to fast for six months and that Guru did not want people to die of starvation! However, I was such a staunch follower in those days, who knows, I could have gone out into the desert wilderness and just followed the order to the end...

I have never heard any rumor about someone dying of anorexia in SOI. I think there was another cult where this situation had happened.

we have not had an update from the mother of the woman who had a problem with anorexia after having been in SOI for some time. The mother was worried as the daughter was so messed up.

I know there were quite a few real skinny people in Hawaii in the old days. Some people received "food stamps" from the government and the original order from Siddha way back a long time ago was for everyone to donate their food stamps to the temple in Honolulu for the Sunday feast... meanwhile Siddha's followers went very hungry! (Probably got a few points from ACB, though!) I know that at the Sunday feasts on the outer islands, the guests were allowed to eat first, and if there was anything left over, the devotees could then eat... I seem to remember a lot of hungry devotees gorging out on plates of "prasadam" in those days! But, hey, many people were working without getting paid - of course they went hungry.

:?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: December 21, 2006 08:04AM

Dhruva das
......... The girls that she lived with and other members of Science Of Identity could not accept this. She was thrown out of her house, her belongings were just put out on the front step while she was out, and these girls that she thought were her friends refused to speak to her ever again. She received constant phone calls and e-mails from disciples telling her that she was making a huge mistake and that she would be condemned to a hell planet, that ISKCON members would gang rape her because that is what the men there do, and eventually threatening her.

Interesting story, Dhruva das... and typical of fanatical cult followers. They even hate other people who are practising the same religion as themselves. [b:f7cd647108]This is a dangerous mentality to be in.[/b:f7cd647108] [i:f7cd647108]I know.[/i:f7cd647108] I was once a bit like that.
:!:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: emntk ()
Date: December 21, 2006 09:10AM

Hi Just Googling (JG?),

Me too. Sadly I speak from experience. :(

Did JG expect you not to drink water? I found it difficult to fast on appearance days as I didn't eat much at the time. Once I even fainted while offering my obeisances before a lecture. Noone noticed and I came to and JG was speaking already. Obviously I was not told about the order but the rumor was JG himself had fasted for 6 months by taking pieces of fruit and sucking the juice out.

Speaking about hate though RKd's favourite story is when he turned up to Gay Pride parade dressed in a grim reaper outfit with a sign around his neck saying: "I'm glad your gay as it makes my job easier."

It was Siddha's brilliant idea. RKd was suprised that the whole crowd spat on him and calling him a hate-monger. I'm pretty sure he got kicked and punched a few times. This was evidence that gay and lesbian people are hateful people as RKd and co. were not actually attacking anyone. I'm fairly sure a monkey could arrrange a more scientific social experiment. :oops:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: December 21, 2006 12:02PM

emntk
Did JG expect you not to drink water?

I can't remember the exact directive. Not sure if it was fast from solid food only, or fast from food and water... Could have possibly been fast from food and water, which could explain why I felt so guilty drinking water the next day.... Anybody out there who was around in 1990 who can confirm this or negate this?

As we all know, the material body cannot last for very long without water, so I guess Chris wanted us all dead at that moment... but in true Jaggedy Guru flip flop style, the next day he did not want us dead. :(

As far as RKd's theory that the spiritual master chastises us like a parent in order to make us more spiritually advanced .... au contraire! Instead of making me more "spiritually advanced" these absurd accusations and these absurd commandments only made me want to think that the whole thing was a bunch of baloney... you know, images of people bowing down continuously, chanting "Salami, salami, Baloney!" :lol:

Regarding going to the Gay Pride parade dressed as the grim reaper... I wonder what would happen if one of us went to the SOI kirtan with a big placard that read: "JAGAD GURU = GOD" Probably more than a few kicks and punches??? :?:

:D :!:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: December 21, 2006 12:14PM

emntk
"My baby is coughing... It's irrelevant... So why concern yourself with things that are not worthy to be concerned about?"

Err.. this was a lecture Siddha gave on the unimportance of anything except Guru and Krishna.

Yep, it's irrelevant if your baby is coughing... but if Chris is coughing, it is the end of the world .... the whole world is [b:70b0e9c97e]CURSED![/b:70b0e9c97e]

:roll:

:idea: Why did the SOI devotee cross the street?

:arrow: To get as far away as possible from the ISKCON people chanting the Names of God. :roll:

:idea: Meher Baba's most famous statement: "[b:70b0e9c97e]DON'T WORRY - BE HAPPY[/b:70b0e9c97e]"

Bhaktivedanta's most famous statement: "[b:70b0e9c97e]CHANT HARE KRISHNA AND BE HAPPY[/b:70b0e9c97e]."

Beyondananda's most famous statement: "[b:70b0e9c97e]GO TO HELL YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES[/b:70b0e9c97e]"

:lol:

:x

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: freeatlast! ()
Date: December 21, 2006 03:22PM

I just left the noni farm on the bigI after 2 years of involvement with this group, these people are evil, I've never felt more unspiritual than when I was trying to be a fallower of cris butler, I'm SOOO happy to finally be away from all the guilt trips and germaphobes, Its like a breath of fresh air! I've read all 66 pages of this forum and was totally FREAKED OUT about the things I've been reading, now I'm even more glad that I left, to think I could have given my entire life to this lunatic is REALLY scary.

I want to thank all you guys because this site has really helped me clear my head out of all the bullshit I was blindly accepting as the "absolute truth".

keep up the good work! 8)

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 21, 2006 08:07PM

Someone has started another thread on the message board about Chris Butler's group.

See [board.culteducation.com]

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: privateye ()
Date: December 21, 2006 08:43PM

Freeatlast,

Were you exploited at noni farm? What do you know about Chris Butler and politics in Hawaii.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.