Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Posted by: Culthusiast ()
Date: August 23, 2022 03:16AM

"New religious movements create a world so different from their surroundings that the transition of a social scientist to it may be comparable to the arrival of the Australian aboriginal tribe"

Anna Kubiak

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 23, 2022 03:26AM

The founder of the group is Chris Butler, born in 1948 in New Orleans. Like his father, from an early age he was engaged in philanthropic activities resulting from a strong influence on the entire family of Marxist philosophy. According to the official materials of the movement, "he became interested in meditation and yoga. He could then see the shallowness of atheistic and material philosophy and the resulting shortcomings of Marxist, philanthropic social work. "

As he admitted in an interview, he had doubts about spiritual achievements on water, juice, LSD or marijuana ...

However, most likely due to his interests, in 1968 Butler founded the Haiku School of Nirvana Yoga, becoming a famous Kundalini and Astanga Yoga teacher named Sai.

Astanga yoga. But he did not achieve nirvakalpa-samadhi after 64 years of practice, because he was a disciple of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami 2 years later ....

Unlike ISKCON members, followers of the Chaitania Mission did not have to wear traditional Hindu costumes or shave their heads, and they began using instruments such as the guitar to accompany their liturgy.

In fact, the first time the students were "handed over" to A.C. Bhaktivedanta, Swami shaved their heads, and as Chris Butler himself admitted, it was one of the main symptoms or gestures of surrender.

All temples or meditation centers in our country are subordinate to the so-called Council of Initiates.

Higher caste...

Mission Chaitania advertises its meditation lessons as "easy, effective and fun", promises singing with instruments, refreshments and great fun for children.

...great fun for children...

Apart from the main altar, there may also be other images of God in the centers, but each should be slightly different (they may represent Krishna as a child, youth, etc.) and be considered theophany.

This is one of the important differences. Gaudiya gurus say that disciples should approach the guru in the mood / transcendental "rasa"/taste of interest. Be it kamanuga or sambandhanuga. Mixed "rasa" is a risk of schizophrenia. As you can see, schizophrenia was an integral part of the teachings of SiF Poland ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2022 03:32AM by Culthusiast.

Posted by: RUN_FOREST_RUN ()
Date: August 23, 2022 05:08AM

Waking up in a third-world country with no parental guidance at 4AM every morning for 6+ years and taking cold bucket showers while listening to Butler's angry rants on audio tape...

Great fun for children.

Looks like Bhaktivedants "shaved heads and dhotis" style of surrender was too "cultish" for Butler. Baseball caps and Khaki shorts, are less culty. Guitars give a special "americana vibe"...

So much kundalini and self-realization he needs 24-hour personal service to wipe ass, eat, and tend to his wife's needs on the luxury beachfront home. If that's nirvakalpa samadhi, sign me up!

Every guru I know gives special attention and keeps as his closest disciples whoever has the most money. More money=beter access to sense enjoyment, comfort, security, etc. Bigger fancy temples attract richer disciples.

Or in the case of Bhaktisiddhanta it satisfied his mental masturbation/faux intellectualism and party spirit mentality. Self-evident throughout all his writings. For Bhaktivinoda, it helped him visualize that he is a 12 year old manjari and make peace with his crooked political career, adultery and hindu nationalism.

The eternal "boys-club" called "gaudiya vaishnavism" is the very definition of schizophrenia. Grown men convinced they are 12 year old majaris living on a cow-infested planet.

Date: August 23, 2022 07:31PM

The subject of Baguio School boys and children in the context of pedophile incidents is interesting in the context of forgiveness theory.

Chris Butler recalled that he or God-Krishna would not forgive if the victim did not forgive.

Did the boys from Baguio school forgive? Because somehow there is nothing about it.

The second issue in the subject of one of the cases of pedophilia or attempts at pedophile behavior. The guru said "we must forgive him". "We". "we", same level..A But wait, guru, what about the victim? Do you know if the victim forgave? Is this some new theory of forgiveness not valid or replacing the previous theory of forgiveness first by sacrifice?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2022 07:32PM by Culthusiast.

Date: August 23, 2022 09:46PM

Well, when it comes to the events at Baguio School described by Ian Koviak, the guru did not care too much about the fate of the children. He washed the proverbial hands. The great merciful guru of the whole world announced that "i wasn't in charge. Tapas das was making an offering". What empathy .....Instant determination aimed at powdering yourself ... not protecting the children.

Children interrogated at the altar after a night. "Here, at the altar of Krishna, tell me what you know about the infected penis of the guru's son, what you know about the prostitute. We ask you because we are so afraid of the merciful guru that he will throw us out and condemn us to eternal damnation because he is the only credible guru and the only way to God. There is no other way. ... "

Date: August 23, 2022 11:44PM

RUN_FOREST_RUN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
" and hindu nationalism."

And that is also interesting. Bhaktivinode Thakur, spiritual great-great-grandfather to Balakhilya das, Acharya das, Siddheswar das etc. He had many faces, one of which was the struggle for the freedom of India and the promotion of Hindu nationalism.

And here are the spiritual great-grandsons, allegedly introducing the title "Sir" in the Gaudiya tradition of the non-traditional lineage as an expression of the continuation of Hindu nationalism. Sir Acharya das. Sir Balakhilya das. No sanyasa, no "maharaja" or "paramahamsa". "Sir". Actually, that's correct. One sir and another sir robbed India and they now are "sirs" again and have a "Ponzi scheme" in their QNET. There is nothing like honesty.

They should also appreciate the Mafioso Bowler and add "Si senor" to each mantra to praise a generous donator. Nama Om ...... Si Senor.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2022 11:47PM by Culthusiast.

Posted by: RUN_FOREST_RUN ()
Date: August 24, 2022 01:15AM

60 years later the Hare Krishna's make a bold move:

[iskconnews.org]

The closest thing in Butler's cult to a "woman guru" was Katyayani. As soon as she took on followers, she was rejected by Butler, et al.

Wailana, AKA Vaishnava Dasi, Butler's wife (ex-wife? or simply a woman he houses for free on the dime of his disciples down the street?), has somewhat of a following, though one wonders what exactly she preaches. Noni Juices and Cassava chip prasad and "colors" kirtan while caked with 2 inches of makeup to conceal her eternal spiritual form, or maybe to look more like 12 year old manjari???

And this one, which I have commented on before came out recently, the grand "ethics code of the hare krishna":

https://gbc.iskcon.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/CODE_8-21-21_FINAL_COPY.pdf

16) CHANNELS FOR REPORTING AND APPEAL
16a) The GBC has approved various mechanisms for anyone in ISKCON who wishes to report possible breaches of ethical standards.27 Any ISKCON member can talk confidentially with an ISKCON Resolve ombudsman to discuss such breaches, including those they experienced or may have done themselves. Other mechanisms have also been approved for resolving disputes and for those who have been sanctioned and wish to appeal those sanctions.28 The Offices under the Ministry of Justice can, when necessary, investigate and adjudicate alleged breaches of this Code.29

Ironically, nowhere in the document is there ANY direct contacts or information given of such so-called "Resolve Ombudsman". So, as per usual, a society like this will function in a vacuum of "leaders" who will sweep things under the rug, make excuses and end up ex-communicating whistleblowers and people with legit grievances. What is the use of giving a "code of conduct" and suggesting that issues be resolved through certain channels when such channels do not exist?

As with Butler's gurukula in the PI, many boys suffered deep psychological trauma and emotional and mental pain, but no qualified counselor or guide was appointed to such cases, leaving, as per usual, everything up to "god"/chance/happenstance. Nay, karma. Sorry amigos, you're on your own...

And this one is hilarious. A painting of krishna and radha fooling around (of which you can find millions in India and in many traditional Hindu works/temples/scriptures), literally showcasing what the scriptures portray and speak about as the "nature" of the two gods relationship (fuck buddies), is being boycotted for selling on Amazon India. Talk about cognitive dissonance. Literally, scripture after hindu scripture describes in vivid detail Krishna groping and sexually harassing married women, but god-forbid you can buy it on amazon. Fools.

[www.hindustantimes.com]

Again, no shortage of "breast" fondling and all manner of innuendo from the lips of the "great acharyas": [www.mahanidhiswami.com] But hey, they were "pure".

[jagadanandadas.blogspot.com]

[wikikrishna.com]

Or, as they say: Take a picture, it'll last longer:

[www.flickr.com]

Now visualize a 60-80 year old acharya sitting in a little shed fantasizing, I mean meditating, on the divine couple, while pretending, er, "realizing" their true form as a little 12-year-old medieval indian farm girl. And tell me that this is not the height of lunacy and creepy-ass delusional and fanatical religious practices. Now go teach it as the "absolute truth". No wonder men like this religion.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 24, 2022 02:34AM

RUN_FOREST_RUN Wrote:
> The closest thing in Butler's cult to a "woman
> guru" was Katyayani. As soon as she took on
> followers, she was rejected by Butler, et al.

What was the narrative behind this? Women can't teach? Only one guru is bona-fide, and that is Chris Butler?

> Wailana, AKA Vaishnava Dasi, Butler's wife
> (ex-wife? or simply a woman he houses for free on
> the dime of his disciples down the street?), has
> somewhat of a following, though one wonders what
> exactly she preaches. Noni Juices and Cassava chip
> prasad and "colors" kirtan while caked with 2
> inches of makeup to conceal her eternal spiritual
> form, or maybe to look more like 12 year old
> manjari???

She teaches natural aging with millimeter paint on her face, "always smelling mango at the table on the beach", and sung maha-mantra in pajamas with a neckline to the fire in the fireplace. These are sublime teachings ...

> 16) CHANNELS FOR REPORTING AND APPEAL
> 16a) The GBC has approved various mechanisms for
> anyone in ISKCON who wishes to report possible
> breaches of ethical standards.27 Any ISKCON member
> can talk confidentially with an ISKCON Resolve
> ombudsman
to discuss such breaches, including
> those they experienced or may have done
> themselves. Other mechanisms have also been
> approved for resolving disputes and for those who
> have been sanctioned and wish to appeal those
> sanctions.28 The Offices under the Ministry of
> Justice can, when necessary, investigate and
> adjudicate alleged breaches of this Code.29

Detailed codification in a group / human system is always a symptom of an increase in the will to control, and the codifying group is the beneficiaries.

By the way, as you can see, they creatively decided to add rules to "Gaudiya Kantahara" ...

> [www.hindustantimes.com]
>
> Again, no shortage of "breast" fondling and all
> manner of innuendo from the lips of the "great
> acharyas":
> [www.mahanidhiswami.com]
> But hey, they were "pure".
>
> [jagadanandadas.blogspot.com]
>
> [wikikrishna.com]
>
> Or, as they say: Take a picture, it'll last
> longer:
>
> [www.flickr.com]
>

It is a difficult proposition to meditate on the breasts of Radha when previously criticizing the prakrita-sahajita and treating the spiritual relationship in terms of worldly sexuality. Suddenly there is excitement about Radha's breasts. Of course, it can be considered that the exalted brahmacari penis does not grow up in such meditation because he has freed his consciousness from the element earth, water, fire, and so on, and he perceives it transcendentally. But what is it supposed to be an expression of? Great spiritual love contemplating the "amorous" pastimes of the divine couple? Besides, the question is still being raised as to whether Radha is the wife of Abhiman only in the earthly Vrndavana or in Goloka Vrndavana. Such an approach to divinity and spirituality carries an element of hypocrisy and the aftertaste of romance, and not spirituality understood as a sensitivity to each being in its diversity.

Another aspect is the mentioned that the so-called the yogis discussed their transcendental forms. When participating in a sect, it was treated as an individual, "spiritual-intimate" experience. Why externalize them? Anything that will help anyone? What does it make to manifest "saguna" in the form of an external sound when it is an individual effort?

All this philosophy does not defend itself. Leaving aside the practically impractical side for a man who has to live "in the mundane gunas" taking care of his family, earning money and barely having time for 16 rounds when 64 is the minimum. Schizophrenia is inevitable. It can be good for a sanyasi in a warm country who has gone to the forest, eats the roots and can meditate.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2022 02:38AM by Culthusiast.

Posted by: Truth wins ()
Date: August 24, 2022 05:43PM

I said I would never post here and I meant it.
I just wanted to say that purging the hurt and abuse here, has been quite healing.
And exposing the nasty aspects of SoI is crucial. To both new comers as well as those who are in.
They must understand that their actions have consequences and clean their acts.
But what I have realized is that we can either grow and kearn from painful experiences or let them make us better and stronger.
Spiritual abuse is like rape on a soul level and it cannot be forgotten.
However holding on to it is more destructive than the abuse itself.
I almost doubt that butler is aware of his actions and the consequences of those actions. And if he is, he onviously could care less.
And I trust that most devotees are clueless.
They all try to do their best and ultimately they are much kinder than the average person out there.
It has been a great loss to let go of a few very stellar souls in that group.
These were truly some of my best friends. And I may never find such good friends.
Not holding on to the anger and hurt, feels truly good. Letting go of the culitic past os freeing.
We live in an age of deception and it is no longer safe to trust any teachers. And most teachings are semi fallible or incomplete for this age we live in.
To follow one path strictly will not allow one to see the full picture.
However those who are not brave or mature enough to do so, are still better off being devotees than just another ruthless selfish person.
The me who posted in here is not truly who I am (thankfully). That was the wounded me in lockdowns cage.
I guess that my anger served a good purpose. To expose the filthy side of a spiritual group is not something I regret.
But the hate I felt for many in that group is not something I am proud of.
My years spent at SoI are not lost. And of all the krishna groups, it is still the one that fit me the best.
The greatest ennemy is not others. It is the force of illusion that takes away our correct vision.
If we did have correct vision, we would have never fell for that BS in the firts place.
Unfortunately the SoI devotees have proven to be semi blind. But this is their problem.
It is no longer any of my concerns as I have found my own path in life. And the strong, positive aspects of bhakti will always be dear to my heart.
I hope that you can all let go of the wounds of spiritual abuse. It is quite an ugly scar, but we are still here.
We are fortunate that we were not pushed to take our lives like a few.
No spiritual community should feel like a prison. But maybe some thrive in those settings and need that strict setting in order not to fall.
The journey of other souls is their business.
All I wanted to say do not let that painful past consume you.
The fact that spiritual groups are no longer safe is an indication of how low we have gone. And that we can no longer be trusting.
Having had the fortune to get out of the hand of a pure devotee who suffers from some disorders, is priceless. I choose to be thankful for being saved from the SoI mental hopsital instead of carrying 10000 regrets and wounds.

Date: August 24, 2022 10:19PM

Truth wins Wrote:
> I almost doubt that butler is aware of his actions
> and the consequences of those actions. And if he
> is, he onviously could care less.

Self-righteous. Deceitful arrogants. Such Midgett (Balakhilya das). Gives a webinar on the recipe for a happy family. O great guru, how can you be trusted when you are a divorcee? Papa Smurf, you failed. Your Sweet mantra.pl Kamila has just left a divorced Janusz - don't you remember a banner saying "They knew each other on meditation classes". So happy and they faild. Your mantra.pl idols....And your guru forbade you a relationship with another (still then) married woman? How can you believe that happiness is easy in a cult when 22 years ago, after your lectures on retreat in Poland, a twenty-something-year-old girl committed suicide? An ordinary humble person would close his eater and concentrate his mistakes and imperfections. And this crap "teaches" for decades to come ....

Spiritual awareness? What is this? Or the son of a guru, the great ksatria, bold enough to kill demons. And here they sit on the motor boat, kill a man and hurt another.

And these cowards do not have the courage to face this reality. The man dies and the other dies in the water, but they send the kid to the 911 phone, because the great shapes don't dare to call themselves. To be a guru's son and to record some kung-fu-rubbish for his and his mother's money - he can't stand face to face with moral values - they send the kid to 911.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2022 10:21PM by Culthusiast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.