Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Date: August 14, 2016 02:42PM

So as of 8:30 pm Oahu time- looks like 7,123 people have a brain in Dist 2..... and 39,241 have imbibed Kris Kult Kool-Aid - again...

Living the Vida Brainwashed

U.S. Representative, Dist II - D (0 of 135)

GABBARD, Tulsi 39,241---84.64%
CHAN HODGES, Shay 7,123---15.36%

Enjoy the spotlight you Butlerites, its not going to last.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: August 15, 2016 07:56AM

That's an hilarious voice-mail you got there, Rama! But it's true! Chris does speak like this, using coarse verbiage almost like it's a shock and awe campaign against his followers?

I wonder if Chris will now be giving the never-ending lectures on nocturnal penile translucence? Ha!

Who remembers the *WHAT ARE YOU WORTH?* lecture that was televised in the 80s? The rhetoric was that you are part and parcel of g0d and therefore worthy ... but the reality was that if you were not donating large amounts of cash to Chris or engaging in one of his money-making ventures, or if you were unable to cook his favorite dish etc ... the reality was that you were worthless.

Posted by: CarlFig ()
Date: August 16, 2016 12:41AM

as of 8:30 pm Oahu time- looks like 7,123 people have a brain in Dist 2..... and 39,241 have imbibed Kris Kult Kool-Aid - again

You seem surprised.

Re: Rama's voice mail
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: August 23, 2016 02:04AM

Yup, with all the cussing and swearing, he is sometimes known as "The potty-mouth guru"

Tulsi Gabbard Worships Tge Devil! (Duh!)
Date: August 24, 2016 12:32AM

Some ex Krishna friend of mine sent me this interesting link:

Tulsi Gabbard Worships The Devil!

[www.rawstory.com]

I left this comment:

"The funny thing is Tulsi Gabbard does quite literally worship the devil. She, like myself were both born and raised in a fucked up Hare Krishna cult, and they all worship their cult leader Chris Butler "Siddhaswarupanada".

I left the cult at 16 years old, I'm 37 now. My whole family and Tulsi's whole family never left the cult, our parents all joined in the 1970's.

Google up Tulsi Gabbard Cult, Chris Butler Cult, etc. that Texas fundie is bat-shit crazy, but so is Tulsi if you saw her in the presence of her holy god on earth Chris Butler in his tin foil laden house in the same town Tulsi lives in, Kailua, HI."

Posted by: LostSoul108 ()
Date: August 25, 2016 10:31PM

Hello All.

I am a student of Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda, however I am no longer an active student as I was facing challenges with my spiritual practice, constantly committing offenses against the Holy Names of Krishna, and so eventually I considered myself to have fallen out of the Sadhana Bhakti, I am no longer feeling any nectar when I try to chant on my beads, although I am still somehow attracted to the congregational chanting of the Holy Names, I have just lost connection and association to the good fellow students and disciples whom I consider them to be my mentors.

My experience overall was very fun in a transcendental way, life changing,(as I was addicted to drugs before). I have learned a lot from fellow devotees, and have met great persons who have advanced spiritually in their practice. I have heard a lot of negative rumors as well within the community but I have brushed it aside as I really want to pursue my endeavor in advancing spiritually.

Now I am very perplexed. If my guru is not bonafide, why is there some disciples who have really advanced in their spiritual life, and I have witnessed it in their way of life. What to speak of Tusta Krishna Prabhu? Yogeshwar Prabhu, and other great devotees within the association (only a few)

What if CB does really have a unique way of bringing up devotees? although most of it are negative. A lot of aspects to be criticised within the Vaishnava community.
I have a lot of negative feedback from Srila BV Narayan Maharaj Pranpbhu, that he deviates ACBS teachings?

What if every guru is really unique to one another and have their own style of method of teaching Krishna consciousness ?.

If I am wrong, I need someone who is an advanced Vaishnava who is unbiased who can enlighten me in this manner in understanding this situation, and guide me again in finding the right guru for me to start over with my Spiritual life.

Who are the current living acharyas I can look upon and listen to, to which I can decide where to go and take shelter to?

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 26, 2016 09:36AM

Chanting and meditation are like antibiotics.

Chanting and meditation have powerful effects, especially in a group with
a shared belief.

An antibiotic retains its properties even if handed out by a person who calls himself a physician but is actually an imposter.

You benefited from chanting and meditation and sadhana because of your own
goodness and that of your friends.

Butler is not a true doctor. He is a greedy child who who elicited goodness from you then claimed he was the source.

Date: August 26, 2016 01:43PM

Lost Soul 108, are you sure you have the right address?

What makes you assume any aspect of Gaudiya Vaishnavaism is legitimate or even necessary?

Spirituality is real, religion is a $cam. Ditch all the gurus.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 26, 2016 09:53PM

Election Day is only six weeks from now.

We all need to stay steady.

Lostsoul, this message board is for those of us who have been harmed by
gurus or have been harmed by followers of gurus.

Coming here to ask us for advice on where to find a good guru is at best
a sincere but very mistaken request.

If you meet someone who has been food poisoned at a restaurant and is still vomiting, you would, if you had any tact, refrain from asking that person to
recommend a restaurant where one is not made ill.

Again, let us now focus our attention on TULSI GABBARD.

What guides Tulsi when the chips are down?

The law and constitution of the United States of America?

Or Jagadguru Chris Butler -- the fellow who dresses in white, whose walls
are lined with tinfoil and who plays with his balls - I mean ball.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Friends, let us find some of the best and most informative of the articles on this discussion thread.

As Election Day approaches, its hot breath upon our necks, new visitors will appreciate learning the amazing facts about Tulsi Butler's family guru.

The Gabbard family's guru -- Jagadguru Chris Butler.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2016 10:05PM by corboy.

Posted by: IanKoviak ()
Date: August 27, 2016 01:48AM

LostSoul—

There are many spiritual teachers who are kind and authentic in their desire to preach about goodness and offer practices that make you feel happy or calm/peaceful.

Here is the deal though: You need to study the history of Hinduism and religions in general. Study theism and philosophy and make a real heartfelt decision if anything you come upon seems to be sincerely of deep value.

Is the Gaudiya Vaishnava concept that we are all to strive to become 14 year old gopi girl servants of a blue (very obviously indian) god strike you as a little odd? Culturally, and in terms of tradition, how much of the cheating and dancing and eating good food is really causing some sort of "transcendental" experience for you? All of those activities seems to be fun any way you slice them.

Losing taste for a certain practice etc is a normal trajectory of any activity that gives you pleasure. In the beginning, when something is new and fresh, it affords some happiness. As time goes on, that wears off.

I do not no of a single guru that has done anything for their disciples welfare that hasn't at the same time served their needs as well. Money, properties, temples, making more disciples—this is the basic business of any guru out there. It's rare to find one that does not have a shady past. Do you know the history of gaudiya vashnavism? Have you looked into the various very legitimate discrepancies in the line you follow?

Here is some advice, since you came seeking: Adopt some form of meditation or chanting if that makes you feel good. Read scriptures if they seem to offer you some insights or increase your sense of meaning. Above all, study and explore the history of your path and hinduism and mythology in india. Ask yourself: Do these myths have any bearing on your reality? Do they strike you as fanciful and a bit cheesy? Are you forcing yourself to accept and believe in things that are firmly beyond any reason and logic? Are you mixing fact with fiction and letting it dictate how you feel?

It's one thing to have morals and ethics and engage in activities that enrich your sense of wellbeing: A walk in nature, breathing exercises, reading inspirational literature, meditating, dancing, playing music, going to support groups etc. It's a whole other thing to pretend that some half man half lion incarnation is protecting you and that god comes as a green king and enlists the help of monkeys to build a bridge to sri lanka and fight a 10 headed demon king. Or that god manifests as a tiny pig from a arctic 4-headed creator god's nose and goes on to grow to a universal size hog that saves planet earth from the depths of some sort of universal ocean... the list goes on. These are stories. don't let they get to you.

A guru telling you that you are not your body does not change the fact that you have a body and should take care of it, use it and try to make it feel as good as possible. It does not change the reality that you are predisposed to drug use or have mental issue or relationship problems to work on etc.

Chris Butler and his machine of tightly nit disciples and political and business-oriented programs are the furthest thing from Gaudiya Vaishnavas. Many if not all his disciples have not even participated in a single proper initiation ceremony, read their own scriptures or visited any of the holy places associated with their paramparas and divinities pastimes. They live in a bubble in Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand or the Philippines and preach basic samkhya philosophy and so-called mantra meditation.

All these techniques are aimed at creating a mild sense of euphoria and disassociation. Nothing wrong with that per se, but it's not going to work the same every time. We are adaptive creatures and eventually things peace to have the same effect. It has nothing to do with so-called offenses to some so-called holy name. What grave offenses have you committed anyway? These are common cult techniques for keeping followers deeply entrenched in their belief system. They will tell you that you are not tasting some sort of "nectar" because yo are not firmly situated in service to your guru or chanting offensively etc. Disciples grovel around for years trying to "find" that "nectar". They go to India, they join other krishna groups, they get initiated here there and everywhere, they read "deeper" scriptures, they donate more money, they abandon relationships to follow their gurus etc. They become paranoid. What are they doing wrong? In the end they despondently throw their hands in the air and say "Oh lord, if it is your will to have me suffer like this in separation so be it! You are my eternal master..."...crickets.

I have seen devotees desperately cling to the mythology by trying to find proof of some god's existence. They post naive, scientifically baseless articles on Facebook and other places talking about so-called proof of krishnas existence because some scientist found drift wood in the region of dwarka dating to 7000 years ago, and nasa images of a land mass connecting mainland india to lanka—as proof of monkeys building a bridge to save sita. Not only is this laughable, but it's rather sad and tragic that well-meaning, often intelligent and thinking adults are going down this silly rabbit hole in some effort to "prove" to themselves and others that what they believe is the "absolute truth".

I say shake it off and do what makes you happy. That's what Chris Butler and his wife and any other guru is going: Surfing, boating, sun bathing, preaching to crowds of adoring disciples/followers, getting massages and their feet washed and buying properties and living in tin-foil homes. Do yourself a favor and pop your bubble fearlessly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.