Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: June 20, 2015 12:53AM

Rama!
Your cartoon is hilarious!
Funny because it reflects the absurdity of the truth.
Great talent. Good you are back to drawing.

A lot of very talented exers also abandoned their creative pursuits. It gets damaged somehow. Exers find they have lost years in the cult and then have to deal with issues that prevent them from getting back on track post cult. Depression, lack of support or money, lost scholarships and opportunities are some of the reasons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: June 20, 2015 02:07AM

Rama,

Haha, luv it: when style is not an option (registered trademark).

Or, the Wai Lana yoga suit.

Great talent, kid. I'm hoping the absurdity is enough to wake up followers how stupid things could get when everyone gets boxed in one mind -- unchallenged, not free to even doubt.

The adults are all hopeless. The funny thing, it is always the young minds like you who will have the audacity and the courage to see the no-no's and speak up their minds. In your case, draw.

Hope springs eternal. The world is a better place to live, when there are people like you -- who dares and challenges status quos. I'm impressed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2015 02:13AM by dharmabum.

Date: June 20, 2015 04:04AM

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Not sure if this has been posted

Documentary "Wolfpack" by Vice films

[www.youtube.com]

It is a set of brothers, raised ISKCON literally prisoners their whole lives, leaving the apartment maybe once or twice a year, no contact with the outside world... except through endless movies. Quite an amazing story, still only in limited release.

If anyone wants to compile articles and info for Vice feel free to volunteer my services, I mean to do it myself, but the more the merrier!

Date: June 20, 2015 04:10AM

The preview doesnt mention ISKCON or krishna but IMDB their names, Gopal, Makunda, etc...
I saw an interview with director and they said they were krishna's but they didn't want to blame the craziness these kids grew up in on that, they put it more on the dad.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 20, 2015 06:55AM

How the Butler cult started nicely and then changed

[forum.culteducation.com]

Mangos for breakfast

Posted by: just-googling (Collective-GW-Int.BB.nethop.net)

Date: June 17, 2008 08:30AM

IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO....

IT TAKES ONE PERSON TO DELIVER A MANGO.

Here is another angle regarding the mango fiasco:

There seems to have been a lack of communication on the part of the said guru to ask for his mango breakfast... surely if the man had phoned Krishna Katha and asked him to bring him the mangos to his door, he would have done so immediately. What the problem is, however, is that no-one is allowed to phone guru or knock on his door without permission for fear of getting their head bitten off by said guru...

So my impression is that because the man acts like such an ogre, does not communicate properly with his "servants" and thus blames them for his own shortcomings with communicating his wishes.

And getting mangos shipped from Maui to Honolulu seems nonsense as well... Surely there are mangos readily available in all stores in Honolulu? -- seems like there is a mango tree on every block in many parts of Honolulu (?)... Seems as ridiculous as flying his daily flowers from the PI or some exotic tropical island, as if Oahu did not have enough flowers. (and they talked about squandering money????)

Regarding St. Francis and Jesus: it is true that the Fearless Leader did mention these two Christian saints and call them "pure devotees" but of course he did not follow in their footsteps of austerity. Good points, Hoax108 and Dassi!

More on the security problems later!

More stuff here:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2015 06:59AM by corboy.

Shyam Dodge Learns to Read
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: June 22, 2015 12:47AM

Found an old article by Shyam Dodge. His parents were Butler followers and he was raised to be a guru. The "former guru" he mentioned in this article was none other than Katyayani (another Butler follower). I think he romanticizes his "ashram" life style a bit much, but it's his story. Those that knew the crowd found them to be typical Southern California fakirs and phonies pretending to be "spiritual". "Contemplative elite" indeed.

He gives a snapshot into how the Butler kult kids are discouraged from the outside world. Sadly he viewed the public library as a place to commit the guilty sin of reading books. I guess Shyam fancied himself a "Little Buddha" wandering outside of the castle gates to see the real world of suffering and joy. But is is a well written little gem. A Miniature Monk Learns How To Read And It Changes His Life In Unexpected Ways

Here is a funny little video on How to Choose a GURU - Ultra Spiritual Life episode 4 - with JP Sears

Back to Prabhupada
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 23, 2015 08:51PM

Back to Prabhupada, founder of the Hare Krishna sect -- who was Chris Butler's guru.

[books.google.com]

[books.google.com]

"We should not try to judge the liberated acarya according to ethics and
morality."

[books.google.com]

In other words, the ends justify the means, especially if you are regarded as
one of the elite, reaching out to deluded humanity.

So...what do Tulsi Gabbard's handlers really think of the citizens who trustfully listened to her PR and voted her into Congress?

Do they regard the voters as inferior to them from their 'Vedic perspective'?

And that in this time of Kali Yuga, any means are justified to get an enlightened bhakti yogini into Congress>

Eh?

Hinduism is no single entity. It is not like Latin Roman Catholicism, in which
there is one supreme head, and a uniform code of canon law.**

Today, with a few fanatical exceptions, no Roman Catholic would
claim, at least not in Congress, to represent all Christians.

No Lutheran would presume to speak for all Christians, either.

That is why clergy of different denominations of Christianity are invited to
serve as chaplains in the US Armed Forces.

In Hinduism there is such a multiplicity of practices that is may be more
accurate to speak of "hindu sects".

Tulsi Gabbard was born into a miniscule sliver of a subsect of what could be
termed a bhakti (devotional movement) - one based that developed in Bengal,
was devoted to Krishna.

Not all Hindus worship Krishna.

Some who do worship Krishna regard him is merely one manifestation of
God, rather than the Supreme God as the Gaudiya Vaisnavas do. (Which is
why Prabhuapada and the Hare Krishnas capitalize the word "He" when
referring to Krishna.

Not all Hindus emphasise the bhakti path. It is one of a variety
of paths in Hinduism. Others follow the jnana path of scholarship,
others karma yoga (ritual, right action in life).

For a short list of different hindu philosophies, of which Gaudiya Vaisnavaism
(Prabhupada/Butler) is *just one*, see here.

[www.iep.utm.edu]

[indiaphilosophy.wordpress.com]

**(The Byzantine Catholic churches are in union with Rome, regard the Pope as their supreme bishop, but keep the liturgy and canon law of the Eastern Christian churches. Which indicates that even within Roman Catholicism, there
remains a surprising amount of diversity as well.)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2015 04:07AM by corboy.

Date: June 23, 2015 11:55PM

Well said, corboy.

If any non butler cult REAL Hindu (whichever branch) had a fraction of a clue what Tulsi really practiced, WHO she WORSHIPS, they would be disgusted.

Hinduism is about as specific as saying religion.

Proclaiming "I am a Hindu" is little more specific than saying
"I am religious!"

Her new campaign angle should be:

"My fellow Hindus, I am Tulsi Gabbard, I was born and raised in a twisted American cult. We worship a deluded white man more insane than Jim Jones as if he is God himself.
I have never once been to India, and I have zero interests in Hinduism in reality, as I can only be involved in this destructive cult.
Thank you, please vote for me but for the sake of the psychopath who controls my mind, please don't talk to me about your deluded incorrect version of Hinduism."

Why Wai Lana?
Date: June 24, 2015 09:22AM

Thanks to VoxVeritasDas for alerting me to a new music video starring Wai Lana, wife of cult leader, Chris Butler. The first thing that struck me about this production is how similar it is to the Bollywood wedding video of Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard. I suspect the same cult crew and cult equipment were used for both which is highly unethical if not illegal. Look at the use of Slo Mo plus aerial shot by a Professional Quadcopter Drone. These cult kids just love their “toys”.

Celebrating International Yoga Day: “Namaste” by Wai Lana [Official Music Video]

Tulsi Gabbard Wedding video:

My next reaction was that Wai Lana famously uses “slave” labor in her productions and businesses. Same here and I noted that the video locations are the strongholds of Science of Identity Foundation.

Here is my article - Join me in identifying followers who do not want to be identified:

Flash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2015 09:23AM by flashlight_on_roaches.

Re: Why Wai Lana?
Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: June 24, 2015 01:31PM

Haha, certainly, that doesn't beat this:

https://youtu.be/pQcUH3tvlnY

When style is not an option (Registered Trademark)
Rama Das, you're a genius!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.