Leaders of Science of Identity do not want to be Identified
Date: April 25, 2015 09:24AM

To paraphrase dabcult, the leaders of Science of Identity do not want to be Identified. They hope to keep us all in the dark, which is why I keep going back to expose them and Ti-Leaf Productions. I’ll be writing future articles about Ti-Leaf, but now I will shed some light on the man who took the place of David Muncie, Mr. Johnny Midgett. Muncie aka Tusta Krsna das had a relationship with convicted drug trafficker, Patrick Bowler, but it has not been proven that Midgett also assumed this important relationship after Muncie’s death.

Johnny Baldwin Midgett aka Balakhilya das

There was very little verifiable information about Midgett on the Cult Education Forum until I located old newspaper clippings like this one:

Read the Johnny Midgett article in full: [flashlightonroaches.wordpress.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Date: April 26, 2015 04:56AM

Revealed: the Kiwis behind a billion dollar drug empire
I had recently written about cult member Patrick Bowler then along comes a highly competent journalist who confirms my research and much, much more!
This news was just published today, so read what is likely to agitate jagad guru Chris Butler.
EXCLUSIVE: Once, they ran the world's biggest dope-smuggling ring. But after giving evidence against their violent criminal associates and doing 15-year stints in some of America's toughest jails, two New Zealanders have returned home to escape their lives of crime. This is their story - a story that has never before been told...

PROPERTY, ART AND CASH SEIZURES

...Timewell also had to give up millions of dollars in bank accounts as well as real estate and currency in various countries throughout the world, his lawyer told his sentencing hearing.

"We were having auctions for years, trying to get rid of his art deco collection," Ryan said.

A transcript of his sentencing states Timewell arranged through his counsel to surrender to the government $2,089,000 in Swiss francs which hadn't initially been declared, that amount being the remainder of the proceeds. Timewell claimed he believed that the funds had been removed by Bowler.

...This week Bowler, who lives in Auckland, told the Star-Times in a statement he had 'paid my fine and did my time' and had I lost his partner and was separated from my children and grandchildren during their formative years...

And for all the millions they gave up, there's a chance someone has something more stashed away somewhere safe.

"We got a big chunk of it, but no one ever believes we got everything."

My theory is that Chris Butler got a really big chunk of it and there's probably more hidden away for him.

My articles.

Patrick Bowler convicted drug smuggler.
Patrick Bowler continued

Posted by: Mike Jones ()
Date: April 28, 2015 03:23AM

I may not completely understand what is going on in this forum or even in life. But I usually trust my heart and how it feels regarding most uncertainties or issues I run across.

That being said, whenever I start to read posts or articles from this forum posted by various individuals, I feel like my energy is being sucked out of me, my heart begins to heart and my throat becomes sore. Needless to say it is not a very good feeling...

However, whenever I begin to listen to chanting/kirtan, chant on my own, or read any transcendental literature I instantly feel better. It always works. This is how I know, and am absolutely certain this system of yoga is completely valid. My heart is instantly lifted and returned to its natural loving state.

I honestly feel very bad for those individuals who have had a negative experience. Those will happen with any grouping of like-minded people on this planet. We are all still in human bodies, going through the crap of what's happening in this material world, and most of us are not perfect by any means.

I pray that you all will find peace in your hearts, and do your best to continue living a life of humility and love.

Date: April 28, 2015 01:51PM

Dear Mike Jones,
I completely understand your confusion: “I may not completely understand what is going on in this forum or even in life.”

What THIS cult is doing is monstrous- no one would believe it, but trust me when I tell you many of us have lived through and survived this cult and it continues to this day.
This is why we do what we do- to inform and educate and to prevent other uninformed people, people with good hearts such as yours, from falling into the “Yoga” trap that Butler has so carefully crafted.
I also understand your feelings about reading these postings: “I feel like my energy is being sucked out of me, my heart begins to heart (sic) and my throat becomes sore.”

Again you must understand this: We Have Lived This. Many are still in pain and there are others who are still trapped in this cult. If you think this makes you ill, it is a fraction of what many of us go thru daily.
I am happy for you when you state that when you chant you find relief. You do not however specify which system of Yoga helps you. Your use of the words “this system of Yoga” is extremely troubling. That being said there are many valid and notable teachers in this world whose mission is to help elevate people to their highest human potential, and that is not a bad thing. But in this cult, the Cult of Butler, there is no elevation of anything other than Butler’s ego and lifestyle.
This is what we wish for people to understand about Butler’s cult:there has been a huge deception that has been going on since the early 70’s.
Yes, it is true we have had a negative experience, but please understand, the true horror is that it now has contaminated a 2nd generation and 3rd generation of innocent children. We are trying to provide information so that others can make informed decisions and can do so with their critical thinking skills intact before they too drop down the rabbit hole like so many others before them. Also, it is very telling how Butler suddenly changed all his verbiage several years back; it all became Yoga this and Yoga that. Interesting way to sanitize and obfuscate the malignancy, would’t you say? if you do indeed follow Butler, please for your own sake, find a more enlightened and humble teacher. Your Higher Self will be greatly relieved that the human You was able to discern the wheat from the chaff. Seek the Truth, my friend.

Feelings Alone Are Not Enough
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: April 29, 2015 03:23AM

Mike Jones ~

No doubt one can gain feelings of joy and strength from spiritual writings and music. The chanting and melodies of any religious group can be uplifting. I am partial to Gregorian chants, Mizrahi music, Puccini arias, and Persian poetry.

Any exer here would agree that they felt the same attraction and feelings as you do. They also understood that with any group of like-minded people there arise issues and disturbances. But that is too simplistic.

I am not sure how deep your commitment and experiences are with Chris Butler, and that may be a factor in your apologetics. The point is that we on this forum have concluded that Butler has cynically high-jacked a beautiful ancient spiritual tradition and used it for his own selfish purposes and self-aggrandizement.

The awakening process for every exer has been a painful one. It is an enormous betrayal of the spirit (to paraphrase Nori Muster’s book). They too once apologized for Butler when they saw organizational failings and personal disharmony (to put it mildly). They too brushed it off to “humans in material bodies” and it could not possibly be Butler’s fault. But eventually it became apparent that Mr. Butler is basically a con man. This will make any one sick IMO.

You are judging the information and the people who post here as bad based solely on a feeling you get regardless of the facts. In a not so subtle way you are saying the forum is sickening. Not very “spiritual” of you. Sometimes the truth hurts.

On the other hand you are also ignoring the possibility that you may be involved in a dangerous group. Don’t you think invoking certain pleasant feelings is part of the process of getting you to invest your time and energies into a guru who may not have your best interest in mind? They are counting on your laziness and unwillingness to investigate. This is not a wise way to live your life.

When I hear bad news in the world and when our leaders disappoint us, I too can get very ill and depressed. When Edward Snowdon came out, it was scary and disturbing. I wish things were different. I wish several of my friends had not been ripped off financially, emotionally, and spiritually by following Butler. Some lost decades before they found out the truth. But it happened and continues to happen.

If you do not at least investigate beyond your “feelings” and exercise your critical thinking skills, then you are doing a disservice to yourself.

You may still be in a position to take the practices and philosophy into your life without adopting the destructive behaviors. You have to determine that for yourself. But don’t come on this forum and put down posters who have both suffered and dedicated many research hours so people can make informed decisions about the cult of Butler.

Sometimes the truth is scary and ugly. I don’t like it either.
I like Tulsi. I like a lot of things she has done, but I can’t ignore that she has been more than disingenuous about her involvement with Butler. I blame Butler for keeping his foot in her door like a rapist and not allowing her to truthfully reveal her background. If she did, the issue would be over. She could have a long political career. He hides his influence and will sacrifice her career for his own desire to not be identified. There are other implications being investigated as well. This is my opinion.

The cult ed site has a great many resources so that you can make a more informed decision about what you may be getting into. Refugees from Butler's cult have found the following information to be useful:
DEFINING A CULT

Posted by: Mike Jones ()
Date: April 29, 2015 12:27PM

VoxVeritasVita Das:

In response to a question you posed, the yoga system that I speak of is Bhakti Yoga. I have practiced Kundalini Yoga in the past and did enjoy that system and felt it did help me greatly. However, during that journey I began chanting and practicing kirtan and was immediately drawn to it. Bhakti Yoga can take me to that same place I was at with Kundalini, but relatively easier.

Vera City:

You said "In a not so subtle way you are saying the forum is sickening. Not very “spiritual” of you." -I can't help how I feel, just expressing what I'm experiencing when reading what goes on here. Sometimes being 'spiritual' means being honest rather than just being nice.

"On the other hand you are also ignoring the possibility that you may be involved in a dangerous group." -Maybe I am just naive, but I don't see how chanting, eating prasadam, and giving lessons from the Bhagavad Gita is 'dangerous'. And if you think Siddhaswarupananda is 'dangerous' for teaching these practices that 'invoke pleasant feelings', I would personally have to disagree. Nothing makes me feel more alive than chanting or reading transcendental literature. And the person that I have to thank for this is Siddhaswarupananda.

You also said that I should do more research. I've read many different pages here trying to find solid proof of what you speak of in many ways. I found one page in particular that you quoted as being 'one of the better posts' found on page 452, so I decided to read it... I'll just clarify a few things that are addressed:

The post reads: "Chris Butler's own training in yoga and meditation is practically non-existent." -This is not true, as the majority of his training for what he teaches (Bhakti Yoga) was done under the guidance of his teacher Bhaktivedanta Swami (which I'm sure you're aware of).

Later in the post it also says: "The name was actually bestowed on him by his initiating spiritual master of Sivananda Ashram" -This here shows he had a teacher in the Sivananda Ashram for Kundalini Yoga. Although he does not speak directly about him probably because he no longer practices or endorses that path of yoga, so it would not be of any benefit to students of Bhakti.

Another quote: "At the same time he instructs his followers to teach the Chinese discipline of Qi-Gong (also called Chi-Kung) which is identical to Kundalini in every aspect." -This is just false. Qi-Gong is totally not identical to Kundalini in every aspect. It is far from it. Many Qi-Gong practices utilize cultivation of chi through flowing movements combined with breathing in order to simply build internal energy. Kundalini is a bit more forceful at times, with the end goal to leave ones body through the crown. (This is a vague comparison, but the point is this quote is false, and anyone who has practiced both systems in truth would agree).

Many (not all) other things that are addressed in that post seem to be spot on (from my observations), and I see no issues with them. I can see how from an outside perspective some things might appear negative (like trying to not associate with non-devotees), but there is a purpose to it all and spiritually it makes sense. Not all things can be understood just through empirical research.

There seem to be many different arguments on this board. Some regarding Siddhaswarupananda's teachings, some about his personality, some about Bhaktivedanta, some about The Bhagavad Gita, and some about his disciple's personalities. There seems to be no one, clear-cut reason for the distaste of this wonderful teacher. His teachings are in line with the Bhagavad Gita and with his teacher, Bhaktivedanta Swami. You can check back through the line of teachers and see they are all teaching essentially the same thing.

It was said that Siddhaswarupananda 'hijacked' an ancient practice to use for his own means. I don't feel this to be so. Having a guru is not something to take lightly, and nowhere is it written that a guru is supposed to be nice to you all the time. The real job of the guru is to cut down one's false ego. We are taught to feel lower than the straw in the street. Could we really come to this feeling of true humility if we were told how great and amazing we were doing all the time? It is not an easy concept to accept, but especially for us westerners, we need a lot of assistance in remembering that we are not that great and indeed very small.

I feel like I could explain most of the reasons why any one thing could be justified, but I also feel like I'm not the first person to come on here and do such a thing. So you probably already know what I'm going to say, and your response would be that I am just 'brainwashed' or haven't developed my 'critical thinking skills' enough.

Spiritual life is not easy by any means. I know that all of you are aware of this, and will have plenty to say, but I want to write these things on the off chance that someone new will come on to this board and read what is going on here. They should know that not everybody has had a negative experience with Siddhaswarupananda or Bhakti Yoga. They should know that it can be a positively life changing experience, and that if one really wants to know the Truth they should seek with sincerity, find an experienced senior devotee, keep an open heart and mind, and of course ask questions. But above all, experience things for yourself, don't just take the words of jaded individuals as the end truth.

My apologizes if I have offended anyone. I wish you all the best.

(PS- I am not an initiated disciple, and I do not represent Siddhawarupananda here. I simply am writing from my own observations)

Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: April 29, 2015 07:15PM

Mike Jones,

The fact that you are disturbed by this forum proves cults’ thought-reform works; always does. Unlike in a cult, public forum is an open market — no one mind-ness overlords. People are free to disagree and genuinely express feelings, thoughts and opinions; pretty much what the real world is like — both good and bad. People who get conflicted by this reality easily fall prey to conmen like Chris Butler, who could only promise that what you call a “very good feeling”, because that’s all he’s got. When it comes to substance, he’s got nothing. He’ll dodge meaningful debates, elude public scrutiny and shun intelligent inquiries. At the end of the day, who’s laughing to the bank? Enriched by few followers’ unquestioning devotion and bizarre adulation, his cult is pervaded by fear mongering, superficial knowledge and false bliss. Perhaps he may truly believe he is a messiah, you people intoxicate him with grandiose delusions of divinity. The truth is he shits just like you and me; and he knows that — without his brain-dead minions, he is nothing.

But the fact that you dared check out this forum and inquire, chances are your critical thinking is still intact. Enjoy your “very good feeling” while it lasts. I guarantee you, it will give way to cognitive dissonance — ignoring the wrongs, hurts and psychological damage of affected people, parents and children, inside and outside the cult, that fell short of the master’s expectation or that they simply disagreed. When you have effectively numbed yourself with intoxicating chantings, consider this moment — you’ve been warned. Your “very good feeling” is complicit to your master’s crime.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 29, 2015 08:54PM

Mike Jones:

Can you think of something you disagree with Chris Butler about?

Is there anything that in your opinion needs to be improved by Butler or the group?

According to many former members of the group, Butler has hurt people and exploited them. Isn't Butler accountable for his bad behavior? Or do you think he somehow is above accountability regarding anything he says or does?

Why does the exercise of free speech make you so upset? Are you against people exercising their right to free speech?

Is Chris Butler someone that in your mind must never be crticized and therefore no one has the right to be crtical of what he says and his behavior?

Please enlighten us.

In Thrall
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: April 30, 2015 12:46AM

Mike Jones ~

It would be of benefit to hear the answers to rrmoderator's above questions.

I would also like to know if you have ever met Butler in person?

In response to other statements:

VoxVeritasVita Das
What THIS cult is doing is monstrous- no one would believe it, but trust me when I tell you many of us have lived through and survived this cult…

This is precisely the problem Vox. People who are in thrall with the initial good feelings of chanting and the discovery of an exotic philosophy can not believe what we are saying. If a new person questions the front men and women, they are told that we are miserable, arrogant, and envious demons under the spell of Maya.

Mike presumptuously wishes for us to have peace in our hearts while Rome is burning. But he doesn’t see Rome yet. He's too busy listening to the sweet melodies of the fiddle.

dharmabum
Enjoy your “very good feeling” while it lasts. I guarantee you, it will give way to cognitive dissonance — ignoring the wrongs, hurts and psychological damage of affected people, parents and children, inside and outside the cult, that fell short of the master’s expectation or that they simply disagreed. When you have effectively numbed yourself with intoxicating chantings, consider this moment — you’ve been warned.

I am sick that this forum needs to exist.

If you are part of the Butler elites or benefiting financially from the lesser devotees, chances are life is good. You have no idea of the pressures that the regular devotees go through. If you are a new person in love with the high you get from the incense, music, chanting, and good vibes, you won't be told what really lies ahead. Hell, the recruiters probably don't even know yet. They are still idealistic and in love with the romantic promise of God Consciousness. So, yeah, this forum will seem really negative and distasteful.

Unfortunately, over time, your behaviors and beliefs will change. You will one day find yourself saying and doing things that you never thought possible.

A child with autism gets run over by a car; You say, “oh it was his karma”. Later he gets put in a group home so his parents can work for Butler full time. He gets sexually abused there. You say, “He must be burning off some karma from a past life. He must have really offended a pure devotee to not be worthy of serving guru.”

A woman gets publicly humiliated while Butler asks her to stuff as many cookies in her face while he calls her a pig. You think, "How merciful are the chastizements of my guru. She really needed to be humbled."

A girl is dying from leukemia. You don’t go visit her in the hospital because you are working long hours for Butler. “What can I do but just tell her to chant?” Butler tells her friends, “The wise neither lament for the living or the dead.”

A young woman who has just lost her father tries to commit suicide, so she is locked alone in a room and told she is selfish and identifying too much with the material body. There is no greiving allowed. You don't speak up or go to comfort her.

You have been depressed for years, working hard at managing one of Butler’s businesses. You can’t get help because you are told that psychologists are stupid and drugs are forbidden. You are told that your problem is that you identify with the material body; you aren't serving Butler enough; you must be displeasing your spiritual master or you would be happy. What's wrong with you? You do all the right things and chant, but never feel good enough. So you commit suicide.

A young man is banned from seeing his little sister because he left the cult and might contaminate her. Even though he has never done anything wrong except point out how the cult sucked up his family and their business, you are cool with this.

A woman gets scolded vociforously by Butler because she chooses to nurse her sick baby over doing something for guru. You think Butler is right.

A woman with bulimia comes to Butler for help and gets yelled at instead of helped. You, the idealistic one, loving the easy path of Bhaki Yoga, make a note to yourself to not associate with her.

You shake your head and say, “that fucking fag had it coming to him” when a few years ago you were not homophobic.

You threaten to leave your husband because he questions Butler. You tell him that he is envious and lacks humility. You later steal your kids and their father doesn't see them for 30 years.

All of these things happened and much more.

So who really has humility, love, and peace in their hearts?

There has been a lot of peace and healing gained by exers on this forum whose experiences contradicts Mike's. Many of these exers have spent years in the cult before they got out. None of them regret leaving and their lives are better for it.

I would not have peace in my heart had I held back the truths I know about this group.

VoxVeritasVita Das
This is why we do what we do- to inform and educate and to prevent other uninformed people, people with good hearts such as yours, from falling into the “Yoga” trap that Butler has so carefully crafted.
I also understand your feelings about reading these postings: “I feel like my energy is being sucked out of me, my heart begins to heart (sic) and my throat becomes sore.”

Again you must understand this: We Have Lived This. Many are still in pain and there are others who are still trapped in this cult. If you think this makes you ill, it is a fraction of what many of us go thru daily.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2015 12:52AM by Vera City.

Bliss
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 30, 2015 02:43AM

Vera City wrote:

If you are a new person in love with the high you get from the incense, music, chanting, and good vibes, you won't be told what really lies ahead.

It is time for us to question if the bliss we feel in a group is a bliss
that has been generated via exploitation of other devotees -- as described above.

We are learning to purchase fair trade coffee and other commodities.

We must learn to ask if the bliss we feel is from clean, non abusive
sources.

Bliss doesn't prove anything -- it is a pleasure perception that is felt when some stimulus, social or chemical or both, triggers certain neurological pathways in the central nervous system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2015 03:04AM by corboy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.