Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: February 25, 2015 09:07PM

jill w Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just another con artist out there who wants your
> money. Out of curiosity I looked at his websites.
>
> Why does he sometimes spell his name Kris Butler
> and other times Chris Butler?
>
> Here is the good news....he as a solution for
> world peace!

Jill w - His parents named him Chris. He has changed his name several times. He (or some foolish follower) realized that his last name Butler was a euphemism for “servant” and that Chris could be spelled Kris – like Krishna. Viola! “Krishna’s servant”. After a few tokes of weed you have a name so amazing, so cool, as if he was born a pure devotee – Wow. And so the legend began. . .

Ha! Just finished watching one of his under three minutes “world peace” videos. Mr. Butler knows a lot about world peace; his own world peace and economic prosperity. He did not earn his yoga lifestyle on his own, but on the backs of his followers. What was the price they paid for his peaceful and prosperous life by the beach?

What has he really done for world peace? He produced a few poorly written pamphlets and simplistic books and videos filled with common spiritual concepts. Even with the editorial help of a couple of followers who actually went to college, the books are unremarkable and uninspiring. Perhaps he could have worked for Hallmark greeting cards using his insipid quotes.

What else has he done for world peace? He started numerous failed “projects” for the glory of his own name. But his main body of work has been starring in the role of “guru of gurus”. But he moonlights (allegedly) as the underground Puppet Master for certain business owners and politicians.

No, it’s not a true Nobel kind of world peace portfolio, but it has been equal opportunity. It matters not what your race or religion is, where your material body came from, as long as you are willing to work for free or tithe a great percentage of your income to his personal Shangri Lanikai. As far as sexual orientation, he’ll even take money and services from you if you are straight or LBGT or Q, while condemning you for not understanding that you are not the body. But he surely wants your body to generate income for him so he can live in his own world of peace.

So what is the price his followers pay for his world peace? The pages of this forum are filled with the price people have paid.

What do they get for years of devotion and donations? They get droning lectures, platitudes, periodic attention, delusions of spiritual advancement, feelings of superiority over the rest of mankind, and freedom from responsibility for their own lives. Mostly they just get lowered expectations for themselves.

Just know that when Butler talks about "loving devotional service to the Absolute Whole", what he really means is that you must love and donate everything to him; the Absolute Hole. So yeah, his videos are bullshit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Satyagraha das ()
Date: February 26, 2015 02:18AM

The observation Chris's name could be interpreted as "Kris' Butler" was being made as far back as the Sai Young days. It was presented as evidence Chris was born to be Krishna's top servant.

Date: February 26, 2015 03:51AM

The story of Tulsi's upbringing will soon become a subject for national and international journalists. They will be coming to this website, looking for information.

She had hoped her "limited hangout" revelation of being a "Hindu" would provide enough of an explanation for her "exotic beliefs" to protect her secrets. But her bold move in firing her congressional Chief of Staff, a woman with strong professional credentials, and replacing him with Bill Penaroza's son, a person with ZERO experience, except as a noni salesman, is raising questions.

In addition, she has been matched with Abraham Williams, another haribol kid, as her appropriate mate, suitable for accompanying her on her "Bollywood" ascent onto the national and international stage.

So if you have information on Williams and his family, it would be good to share that info now. There is good info on Kainoa Penaroza already posted her from 2012. Does anyone have a good picture of Bill Penaroza back from the IGG days? Or a scan of the Valley Isle where Bill is explaining his politics? That stuff would be golden!

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: CarlFig ()
Date: February 27, 2015 12:24AM

Chris Butler has been using arranged marriages to get citizenship for devotees for over 40 years.
Back when he was Siddha (actually Siddha Swarup Ananda Goswami LOL), he initiated my sister (at the time Debra Ann Figueroa - she became Devavani Dasi).
In the early 1970s Siddha had her marry somebody named Buisson - she was Debra Ann Buisson for some time.
I never met Buisson - never even knew his first name - there never really was a marriage.
My sister until today is a scam artist (today she's Rachelle Figueroa - Clan Mother of the Yamassee Muskogee Nation - founder of the Morningstar Foundation, etc. etc.) At one time Siddha had her run for some office in Hawaii - City Council or something.
Later Siddha had her marry John Moore (Jivan Das) - that "marriage" produced 2 daughters (Mohini & Lalita).
Siddha "ordered" him to leave her and marry somebody else in the early 1980s. Broke her heart? LOL
The probable cause for her falling out of favor with Siddha was her decision to identify as a lesbian shortly after that.
For a while she actually made a "household" with another former devotee, Emily Chaisson (Satchi Dasi).
That must have fried Siddha's grits.

Date: February 27, 2015 08:39AM

I remember Debra. Like her. She ran for Congress in 1978 as the candidate of the newly formed the "Aloha Democratic Party." After the 1976 IGG effort, Chris altered the strategy and ran people as "Aloha Democrats."

Here are the '78 election results with Debra's name, part way down the page:

[en.wikipedia.org]

The "Aloha Democrats" strategy didn't work either, so Chris re-tweaked his strategy and ran people as both Democrats and Republicans in subsequent elections. That resulted in Rick Reed wining election to the state House as a Republican and, again, to the state senate. His former roommate and close buddy, Wayne Nishiki, won election to the Maui County Council as a Democrat. In 1992, they both ran against US Senator Daniel Inouye, trying to double-team him, with Wayne running in the primary as a Democrat, aggressively attacking the Senator, with the idea Republican Rick would finish off the wounded Senator in the General Election.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 02, 2015 10:07PM

[www.staradvertiser.com]

U.S. Rep. Gabbard seeks replacements for top staff posts

By Star-Advertiser staff

Make sure to scroll down and read the comments.

Is Tulsi Gabbard a Butler Puppet? Should We Be Concerned?
Date: March 05, 2015 06:41PM

Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Needs to Answer Questions About Chief of Staff

Another article on the topic of Tulsi's Butler connections and cult nepotism.
The comments section is full of the controversy and full of apologist trolls. Interesting how the Hawaiian public is sorting this out in their minds.

Tulsi Gabbard Hires Cult Associate as Chief of Staff
This article doesn't mince words about the cult connections to Tulsi's political machine.

Kainoa Ramananda Penaroza is the son of former Independents of Godly Government (IGG) candidate and one time Butler follower, Bill Penaroza. His father was also the puppet editor of Butler's newspaper the "Garden Isle" (While Rick Reed ran the "Valley Isle" paper). Yes, Chris Butler told both Penaroza and Reed what to write and had FULL editorial control over every issue produced. Staff worked for free under the auspices that it was "devotional service" to the "pure devotee", "as good as G0d". They lived in a compound on Maui with Butler. They got foodstamps and welfare to survive and dedicate all their time to the newspapers and producing political campaign materials. This practice seems to be continuing into the next generation.

Both the IGG manifesto and newspaper clippings are posted on this forum. see also Cult Education Forum Discussion on Penaroza

Bill Penaroza got burnt out due to the political campaign and long, unpaid hours publishing a newspaper. He had a family to support. He was a local boy into graphic arts and the politics were just too "heavy" for him. Working for Butler's megalomaniac agenda was not what he had originally signed up for. Plus he really hated being continually pummeled by Butler's criticisms. He divorced his wife and got out of the cult decades ago. His wife Barbara took the kids and raised them in the cult. Bill remarried and (as far as my contacts know), has stayed out of the cult, but that needs to be fact checked.

Kainoa Ramananda Penaroza's wife Alana also has worked as Tulsi Gabbard's assistant.

If I was a voter in Hawaii, I would be concerned about how much undue influence is being exerted by Butler over Tulsi. This is a difficult question to answer or document. The operative word is "undue".

Is the Hindu narrative a smokescreen? Is she a dangerous cult operative? Why is she specifically hiding her affilitation with Chris Butler while openly admitting she is a follower of Gaudiya Vaishnavism? Is she a cult kid akin to a "Jack Mormon" just hiring her friends who have shared values and were raised in the same culture? Has she adopted more liberal practices than her parents or other Science of Identity practitioners? Or is every decision dictated by Butler as it was to Nishiki, Reed, Penaroza, or her father? Is she really independently making decisions and policy? If she is influenced and inspired by her religion, that's a personal matter protected by our Constitution. But where is the fine line between being a religious person and a follower of a dangerous cult? When does undue religious influence turn dangerous? These are the sincere questions on this forum regarding Tulsi.

Given her upcoming marriage to Abraham Williams, presumably another Butler follower, the issue becomes even more crucial.

Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire and the Lasting Effects of Mind Control
Date: March 05, 2015 08:14PM

Carlfig ~

Here's the thing about your estranged sister. She was once a Butler elite, but she got herself and her children OUT. This gave her kids an opportunity to lead normal lives free from the despotic narcissist Butler. Kudos. But she didn't get out without a lot of heartache, an almost nervous breakdown, panic attacks, and trauma. You only bring up a small part of her story, which is really hers to tell. She rebuilt her life post Butler. Like so many exers, they often escape to another cult or religion, usually to a less dictatorial or mainstream one. What you don't realize is how many years it takes to overcome the brain washing. Sometimes people go out of the frying pan, into the fire again. It's like taking methadone to get off heroin. So I wouldn't be too hard on her.

Yes, she fell hook, line, and sinker for Butler's group. A lot of smart and creative people did.

Yes, Butler went balistic when she came out. He was very harsh on her over it. He lost a few "elites" when they came out. I don't know if this is what started up his homophobic rampages that bled into Mike Gabbard's politics. Just a side note; Butler's fear and loathing of homosexuality was excessive in Hindu and Vaishnava circles. Just google GALVA.

Butler spent a lot of time and energy grooming Deborah. Your sister sang beautifully and produced an album for him, married for him, travelled to China with him, became a political candidate for him. She was one of the most loyal and hard working devotees of all. But Guru Prabhufraud became highly critical of her. He smashed her on more than one occasion. He once made a huge deal against her for singing a chorus "la la la" instead of a mantra. She stung hard from it.

If she went the Katyayani route of being another self-proclaimed guruette, taking followers, dominating their lives for her own self aggrandizement, (perfectly following in Butler's "lotus" footsteps), then I feel sorry for her. And yes, she could be considered a phony. It looks to me that she just found a female-centered form of spirituality and did not become a secretive cult leader. A lot of the Native American cultures are matriarchal.

For me, the main thing is that, to her credit, she got out of the cult and freed her children. That accounts for a lot. She was just another victim of Butler's cult. To understand what happened to your sister, check out these Cult Education links: MIND CONTROL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2015 08:24PM by Vera City.

Re: Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire and the Lasting Effects of Mind Control
Posted by: CarlFig ()
Date: March 05, 2015 11:54PM

Interesting perspective Vera City.
What I have noticed though, is that the girls are still (and have always been) convinced of the "greatness" of their father - John Moore - Jivan Das. Now I'm sure all girls love their Daddy, etc. but if he's still a Butler elite, then there could still be strings attached.
So I'm not sure how far outside the sway of Chris Butler they really are.
I've seen John Moore quoted in some of the old newspaper articles, but not mentioned in any posts.
I know he went back to Texas at some point, but I don't know anything else about how his life turned out.
I always thought he was a pompous ass. And a scam artist in his own right.
I have a funny story from 1975 I could tell.
Do you know if Jivan is still part of Butler's inner circle?

Posted by: jaggedguru ()
Date: March 06, 2015 06:03PM

not even the "pure" ones can resist the powers of social media.
the real blue god,facebook

jivan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.