Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Date: November 11, 2012 10:36AM

Obama congratulates Tulsi on her election win

Obama has enough problems already, but now he’ll need to deal with the blow-back when it is learned that Tulsi Gabbard is lying and distorting the truth of her background as a member of a destructive Cult.
I’d like to be in the room when a real Hindu questions Tulsi on matters of faith that have never been taught to her by her delusional guru, Chris Butler. Butler has ordered his devotees never to read ISKON, Krishna, Hindu, or Yoga works that might contradict and undermine his authority.
Chris Butler and his Science of Identity Foundation are guilty of so many misdeeds and they cannot hide behind Freedom or Religion any more than a Neo Nazi or Al Qaeda can.
Tell the truth Tulsi: you were born into a destructive Hare Krishna cult simply because your parents are both nuts who worship Chris Butler. It is not your fault and not your choice. However, you have the choice to separate yourself and come clean about your history. You insult Missionaries all over the world when you falsely claim to have attended a missionary school in the Philippines that is in fact a right-wing mind-control factory perverting the minds of youngsters who must dedicate themselves to the worship of Chris Butler.
Help me set the record straight by commenting on this thread. Mahalo
[www.indolink.com]

WASHINGTON: With Tulsi Gabbard making history by becoming the first Hindu-American to be elected to the US House of Representatives, President Barack Obama today congratulated the Congresswoman-elect, who says her doors will always be open to people from her faith.
“The President congratulates Congresswoman-elect Gabbard and wishes her well,” Shin Inoyue, a White House spokesman, told PTI when asked about Obama’s reaction to the election of the first-ever Hindu to the US House of Representatives.
“As he (Obama) said in his remarks on Tuesday, ‘I believe we can keep the promise of our founding fathers – the idea that if you’re willing to work hard, it doesn’t matter who you are, or where you come from, or what you look like, or who you love – it doesn’t matter whether you’re black or white, or Hispanic or Asian, or Native American, or young or old, or rich or poor, abled, disabled, gay or straight – you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try,” Inoyue said.

He was referring to the remarks made by the US President during his victory speech in Chicago.

Ahead of the November 6 election, Obama had personally endorsed Tulsi, 31, as the Democratic Party’s candidate from Hawaii’s second Congressional district. She defeated Republican Kawika Crowley.
In an interview to PTI, Tulsi said she greatly appreciated the support she has received from the Hindus and Indian-Americans in her election and the congratulatory messages she has been receiving from them.

“Since I’m a practicing Hindu, the more unique concerns of Hindu and Indian-Americans are near and dear to my heart.
My door will always be open to them,” she said.
However, she refused to answer question on reports that she would be taking oath in the Congress on the holy Bhagwat Gita. “I will address that subject in detail closer to the time of oath-taking.”

Gabbard said she immensely appreciated the great support that she received from the Hindu and Indian-American community. “It is especially gratifying to see the younger generation of Hindus so inspired to get involved in trying to make a difference in serving our communities and our country.”
“I recently met an Indian man who told me that his teenage daughter had always felt embarrassed about her faith, but after meeting me, she now feels proud. The man told me he felt that my being elected to Congress would give hope to hundreds and thousands of young Hindus in America and that they can be open about their faith, and even run for office, without fear of being discriminated against or attacked because of their religion.

“As a Congressional representative, I hope to be able to play some small role in increasing people’s respect, understanding and love for one another despite our differences,” Tulsi said.
As a member of Congress, Tulsi said, she will be representing all people of Hawaii, as well as all the people of the country, Hindus, Christians, Muslims, Sikhs, everyone.

“The fact is, people of every religion in our country want the same thing – they want elected officials who know they are servants of the people and not special interests.
“They want leaders to help improve the economy, stop wasting our limited resources, protect the environment and ensure that our children will have a bright future,” she said.

Born to a Catholic father and a Hindu mother, Gabbard chose to embrace Hinduism as a teenager. Proud of her Hindu religion, she is neither Indian nor of Indian heritage.
Her father Mike Gabbard is a Hawaii State Senator and mother Carol Porter Gabbard is an educator and business owner.

Tulsi was born in Leloaloa, American Samoa, as the fourth of five children of her parents. At the age of two, the family moved to Hawaii, which is also the birthplace of Obama.

Hare Krishna Tulasi

At 21, she became the youngest person elected to the Hawaii Legislature. At 23, she was the state’s first elected official to voluntarily resign to go to war.
At 28, she was the first woman to be presented with an award by the Kuwait Army National Guard.

Having never visited India so far, Tulsi looks forward to making her first trip to the country as a Congresswoman. “As a Vaishnava, I especially look forward to visiting the holy sites of Vrindavan,” she had told PTI earlier.
Her religion, she said, is not an issue for the election, neither it had been a negative factor in her campaign.

Meanwhile, Hindu-Americans continued to welcome the victory of Tulsi in the Congressional elections.

Gabbard’s election is particularly inspiring for Hindu students currently studying American politics and aspire for careers in US government, said the Hindu Student Council.

In a joint statement, the United Hindu Front and Kashmir Hindu Foundation said: “Tulsi possesses the humility to respectfully listen to all points of view. She has the necessary experience to handle any challenge, and the courage to make the right decision.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: VitaminC ()
Date: November 13, 2012 04:00PM

An interesting quote:

Tulsi Gabbard, a Demo­crat and an Iraq War veteran who won a seat in the House from Hawaii, is the daughter of a Hindu mother and a Roman Catholic father. She calls herself Hindu, a first for a member of Congress. But it is not quite that simple.

"I identify as a Hindu," Gabbard wrote in an email Thursday. "However, I am much more into spirituality than I am religious labels."

"In that sense," she added, "I am a Hindu in the mold of the most famous Hindu, Mahatma Gan­dhi, who is my hero and role model."

Gabbard wrote that she "was raised in a multicultural, multirace, multifaith family" that allowed her "to spend a lot of time studying and contemplating upon both the Bha­ga­vad-Gita and the teachings of Jesus Christ in the New Testament."

Today her spiritual practice is neither Catholic nor traditionally Hindu.

"My attempts to work for the welfare of others and the planet is the core of my spiritual practice," Gabbard wrote. "Also, every morning I take time to remember my relationship with God through the practice of yoga meditation and reading verses from the Bha­ga­vad-Gita. From the perspective of the Bha­ga­vad-Gita, the spiritual path as I have described here is known as karma yoga and bhakti yoga."

(Emphasis mine)

http://www.staradvertiser.com/features/20121110__Lawmakerselect_take_lowkey_approach_to_faith.html

This is again, a back door ploy to release just enough information to allow plausible deniability in the future of cult affiliation. She can easily say something to the effect that while she practices Karma yoga and bhakti yoga, she is not affiliated with Science of Identity.

Of course, getting her to directly denounce Chris Butler as her guru will be near impossible. She will use Daddy Gabbard's ploy of wording things to seem to imply one thing while meaning another.

Date: November 13, 2012 05:55PM

Heres another interesting tidbit from Wikipedia:

Looking at some history revisions, it seems that someone had made reference to Mike Gabbard's attendance to kirtans and other activities. This was removed after a while when someone noticed it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tulsi_Gabbard&diff=522763666&oldid=522719641

So was a reference to Tulsi being a Chris Butler follower:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tulsi_Gabbard&diff=506360415&oldid=506347337

Interestingly, the editor in the above did not have a Wikipedia account, so their IP address was left during the edit, which is a Hawaii Time Warner account.

Going through the page revision history has quite a bit of interesting bits, especially when you compare new and old pages. You see where they try to repress information and polish her story.

Wikipedia, the encyclopedia anyone can edit!

They seem to be monitoring the age on and off for changes. The account Tgtfriend (a reference to Tulsi Gabbard Tamayo) was finally deleted, but not after making many changes. It seems that this person was a cult member, with other cult members also making edits.

Oh and as a last laugh:

The Huffington Post reports that Tulsi is gonna be the first person to take her oath over a Bhagavad Gita. Wouldnt it be more appropriate to take her oath over Chris's checkbook since he paid for most of her election? Seems she has more faith in that than the BG.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/12/tulsi-gabbard-hindu-congress-oath-bhagavad-gita_n_2117474.html

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 13, 2012 11:26PM

The Bhagavad Gita.

The tale in which Arjuna expresses grief and dismay at the need to go to war, killing people he loves.

And Krishna the God attacks Arjuna as being weak, as failing in his duty and then gives a teaching that human individuality is illusory, so its OK to go kill if its your dharma duty to do so.

Blech.

The Bible can be just as ghastly, but the creepy thing about the Gita is that it can be used to justify "only following orders".

Date: November 14, 2012 03:12AM

Great research, VitaminC! You taught me a new trick with that Wikipedia change log.

It seems Ms. Gabbard has a severe case of “Tuls-heimer’s Disease”; it’s when you forget that you are a member of a Hare Krishna cult. Building her new lies on top of her father’s lies might have ramifications for both of them. Haven’t I read that Chris Butler and his inner circle have made anti-Christian statements? Did her Mother, Carol Gabbard, really include “The Bible” in her children's home-school curriculum?

How will Tulsi explain that her ex-husband remains a steadfast devotee of Chris Butler and that she herself attended his Uncle’s Science of Identity school in the Philippines?

Be realistic, Tulsi. You are on the World stage now, and there are people out there with long memories, documentation, and probably even photos. Too many of your associates are followers of Butler.

One of two things will happen and probably soon: Tulsi will manufacture an airtight alibi proving she has never been a cult member. Or, she’ll be forced to admit that she was once a Butler devotee, but has since denounced him and considers his teachings and rants to be dangerous (the karmic damage to Chris Butler would be a huge blow).

Date: November 14, 2012 03:38AM

Another probable lie from Tulsi exposed here in VitaminC’s research:

"It is stunning that some people in Congress would so arrogantly thumb their nose at the Bill of Rights," Gabbard told the Religion News Service. "When I volunteered to put my life on the line in defense of our country, no one asked me what my religion was."
[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Really Tulsi? You don’t recall the Religious preference question? It is my understanding that the Military provides religious services for its members and even employs Chaplains. If you had been seriously injured, the Army would have taken care of your needs based upon your religious preference. There is also a mandatory spiritual fitness questionnaire that you completed.

[lezgetreal.com]

Your continuous need to wrap yourself in the American Flag is inconsistent with your cult background and their anti-government and anti-war history.

Date: November 14, 2012 12:02PM

flashlight_on_roaches
One of two things will happen and probably soon: Tulsi will manufacture an airtight alibi proving she has never been a cult member. Or, she’ll be forced to admit that she was once a Butler devotee, but has since denounced him and considers his teachings and rants to be dangerous (the karmic damage to Chris Butler would be a huge blow).

Her and the Butlers will spin the cult association in a way that it will draw sympathies from the Hindu sector of America. From there, we will be attacked as Anti-Religious Freedom and Anti-Hindu, because Chris uses a pseudo-Hindu flavored kool-aid for his brainwashing.

Date: November 14, 2012 01:11PM

Reading some comment posts on Huffington Post, I recognized a user that hasnt posted here in quite a while.

I would love to make contact with that person, as I too was possibly in the cult around the same time this person was and would love to trade notes.

Please, feel free to send me a message if you see this (and I know you read the forums occasionally but havent commented in a long time)

Date: November 14, 2012 03:08PM

There is no question that the cult's spin masters are working overtime to hide Tulsi's affiliation with
Butler & his minions. Until she publicly renounces Butler, the world must assume that she is still only
loyal to Butler. This is not a religion that she follows but a madman, whose every command she WILL
Follow.
People do not understand this about Butler. If you are a follower you are sworn to obey him 100%.
The tide is changing. Search your files and if anyone can find a photo of Tulsi with Butler make sure and post it.
There is now a great deal of information on the internet regarding their association. Tulsi cannot silence the Truth.

Vit C - what Huffpost are you referring too?

Date: November 15, 2012 12:35AM

This is the Huffington Post article mentioned by VitaminC:

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

There are many comments below the article, and so many truthful ones about the cult that I can’t imagine they’ll be censored. But, I’ve been wrong about censorship before.

I’ve also answered my own question about the anti-Christian stance of Chris Butler and the Gabbards. Here is a link with first-hand accounts of Butler’s disdain for Christians, God, and Christ:

[www.letusreason.org]

I’ll post a few extracts below. Tulsi Gabbard has probably never really studied The Bible, so a true Christian could easily trip her up on Scripture. I expect that will happen with true Hindus as well.

Chris Butler’s (Jagad Guru) hostility toward other religion’s, especially Christianity is seen in a number of his lectures. Science of Identity used to have a weekly program on the local Olelo public broadcast TV. From what I understand it was produced by Carol Gabbard. The Gabbard's are known for theer association with Science of Identity foundation by only a few.
On one program in particular, using a tract to interpret who Christians think God is, Jagad Guru mocked born again Christians. He tells the story of a person dying and heard before they died that they should repent and believe in Jesus. After he dies he goes to be judged in this room where a huge creature is sitting on a throne, no face and sitting in a concrete chair.
He says, “You’ve got all your information about [the Christian] God right there. He’s a faceless, Big Dude, cold as ice and hard as concrete. He likes to sit there and throw little people in the fire [of hell]. He’s like a sadist. That’s his primary activity. That’s his job. It’s a long job, but he doesn’t want a break. He’s such a sadist that he doesn’t want a break. He loves his job. He likes to sit there and throw people in the fire and he enjoys it.” “These Christians idea is that one of these days you are going to have to go before God, and when you do, you are going to get your ___.”
He makes fun of God having no face … and we see Gabbard and his wife sitting there with the others laughing, and approving what is said.

… there is a great disservice done to the people of the world through these nonsensical so called Christians and other fanatics who put forward a false image of God

… but this guru does not care, but mocks Jesus Christ and Christians openly.

... The church seems to believe (Mike) Gabbard is a Christian like others who go to Christian churches, but he is NOT. At least not the way Christianity defines it in the Bible.

... I have talked with Mike on the phone and in person in the past at some length about his beliefs, so my conclusion does not come from any secondary source or misinformation. I do believe he is a nice person who sincerely believes in his cause. But that really has nothing to do with what this article is about. There appears to be a religious aspect to his cause.

... Gabbard has been accepted as a Christian activist, because he holds the same stand against homosexuality that Christians do. But he is not coming from a Christian perspective at all. Mike Gabbard has long been involved in what is called Science of Identity under a guru Chris Butler, aka Jagad guru which runs the Science of Identity (formerly Mantra Meditation of Hawaii). They are an offshoot from Hare Krishna they were Formerly called the Holy Name Foundation. They teach meditation, Bhakti Yoga. Butler, claims thousands of followers, this includes the Gabbard’s.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.