Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: August 14, 2012 02:13AM

I'm glad the primary is over. So what have we learned? That majority is not always right; that the masses will do the stupidest thing for political correctness and very easily swayed by political machination, effective branding and thick budget. I hope posters here will instead focus more on maintaining the credibility and the integrity of this forum and stick more to facts in exposing the dirty doings of religious cults, the psychological effect on followers, especially the children born into cults and how they are a menace to society. The real culprit here is Chris Butler and his cult, the Science of Identity. Vitriolic and personal attacks on Tulsi will backfire. Let the truth in this forum speaks to readers and decide for themselves, no matter how few they are. I believe if we are truthful and decent some people might listen and spread the word.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: atheist ()
Date: August 14, 2012 05:34AM

dharmabum

". . . especially the children born into cults and how they are a menace to society. The real culprit here is Chris Butler and his cult, the Science of Identity."

I think it is the nature of cults to be deceptive and dishonest. I believe that if cults revealed the truth about themselves and their inherently exploitive natures, few would join them. I think a cult exists mainly for the benefit of its leader or guru.

Certainly, Jagad Guru Chris Butler and his Science of Identity Foundation cult have been deceptive and dishonest going back at least 35 years. That whole "Independents for Godly Government" political party effort was deceptive and dishonest from the gitgo.

I believe that the politically active members of the Gabbard family, Mike (Krishna Katha das), Carol (Devahuti dasi) and Tulsi have also been dishonest and deceptive.

Mike Gabbard by allowing people to believe that he was a Christian for decades while being a devotee of Jagad Guru Chris Butler, who strongly criticizes Christianity. That was all done through deception.

I don't think that Tulsi is being honest with us when she says that she is a "Hindu."

If you ask me, I would characterize Jagad Guru Chris Butler, many of his devotees, and especially Mike, Carol and Tulsi Gabbard as "menaces to society."

I think that some good will come out of this election, in that Mufi Hannemann may begin to get the message that the voters of Hawaii do not want him to represent them in government after this second major and large defeat since 2010.

Talking and writing honestly about Jagad Guru Chris Butler, his cult, the Science of Identity Foundation, and the politically active Gabbards are not "vitriolic and personal attacks" on them.

They have been receiving well-deserved criticism from writers here and from others.

If someone sees something written about any of these people and the cult that is not factually correct, they should point that out. Be specific. It's OK. We're going to make mistakes.

Date: August 14, 2012 06:17AM

It seems certain that Tulsi Gabbard is on her way to Congress for a two year term. My advice is to do nothing until after the general election in November. If she is guilty of campaign finance violations (as many of us believe), that complaint would not be resolved prior to the election. I suppose the Governor could replace her is case of some serious charges, but I don’t expect that to happen since he and his wife helped her to win. She is just the tail of the serpent and this serpent can always grow another tail if Tulsi is cut off. We now know for sure that Hawaii’s media cannot be relied upon to report the truth. The goal should be the serpent’s head.

My suggestion is to create a private message board or chat room, not open to the public, with membership by invitation only. Perhaps Rick Ross can make that happen, or there are free options at Yahoo and Google. Some long-term contributor like Vera City should be chosen to select the membership. Strategies could then be discussed in private and action plans put into place. Hopefully this sad manipulation of an election will bring some professionals into the fold who might help expose Chris Butler as a very dangerous man. I know of at least one federally connected person in Kailua who might offer advice. The point is, such advice should not be posted on a public message board.

Regulars on this message board should be proud that they are responsible for causing Tulsi Gabbard to create a cover-story. But, her story is full of holes and unanswered questions. Here is a version that makes me ill:
[in.news.yahoo.com]
Washington, Aug 13 (IANS) Honolulu City Councilwoman Tulsi Gabbard has a great chance to become the first Hindu member of the US House of Representatives in 2013 with her primary victory in a safe Democratic seat.
Though a practicing Hindu and a strict vegetarian, Gabbard is not of Indian origin. Her father Mike Gabbard, who is a state senator, is from American Samoa. Her mother Carol Porter Gabbard, a white American, is a practicing Hindu. Her father is a Catholic. (how did her mother Carol Porter, become a Hindu?)
Gabbard, 31, won the Democratic Party nomination in Hawaii's 2nd Congressional District Sunday with a decisive 55 percent vote in the primary with closest rival former Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann getting 34 percent.
Four other candidates divided the remainder of the vote. Democratic Representative Mazie Hirono left the seat open when she decided to run for the Senate.
Born in 1981 in Leloaloa, American Samoa, she the fourth of five Gabbard children. When she was two, the family moved to Hawai'i, also the birthplace of President Barack Obama. (What was her family doing in Samoa? Running a scandalous school for Chris Butler)
Dalip Singh Saund, the first Indian-American to be elected to the US in 1956, was a Sikh. Current Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal who became the second in 2004 had converted to Christianity while in high school.
Though not of Indian origin, Gabbard promises to be a representative for all the Indians in the US.

"Based on my strong affinity for India and Indian culture, as well as my warm love for the country and its people, I will always make myself available to hear the concerns of the Indian Diaspora and do my best to be of assistance," she said.

Date: August 14, 2012 07:11AM

This article has a pretty interesting quote about Tulsi Gabbard's Hinduism: IBNLive: Hindu-American Tulsi Gabbard

"Tulsi says she is looking to make her first trip to India as an elected member of the House of Representatives. 'As a Vaishnava, I especially look forward to visiting the holy sites of Vrindavan,' she said. According to her bio provided by her campaign, Tulsi's spiritual lineage is the Brahma Madhva Gaudiya Sampradaya."

Date: August 14, 2012 07:33AM

flashlight_on_roaches

"(What was her family doing in Samoa? Running a scandalous school for Chris Butler)"

If you have any information about any school that Mike Gabbard ran for Chris Butler in American Samoa, I would be very interested in hearing about it.

Note that the "Ponomauloa School, Wahiawa— Headmaster/teacher (7/83 to 6/87)" listed on Mike Gabbard's Biographical Information on his own website was a Science of Identity Foundation cult school. But this school was in Wahiawa, which is a city on Oahu, Hawaii.

Jagad Guru Chris Butler's Talk on Education was related to this Ponomauloa School run by Mike Gabbard in Wahiawa, Hawaii from 7/83 to 6/87.

Mike Gabbard and his family are from American Samoa, which is an American Territory in the South Pacific.

Samoa is an island nation in the South Pacific.

Posted by: zombiefied ()
Date: August 14, 2012 08:01AM

Just my thoughts...
I dont think the american public really cares if tulsi says shes hindu..What I want the public to know is that Tulsi and her folks as well as hundreds of people consider a man named"Chris Butler"AKA Jagad guru"their spritual master and follow his life instructions to a teeeeee.Chris Butler is NOT hindu...He is a self appointed guru of the world whom changes many scriptures and philosophies and delivers falsy...
He preaches absolute hatred for LGT (gay)people,He also shows great anomocity for christians and misquotes the bible to suit his cult.This is not just heresay,their are videos and audio lectures of him doing this...
TAx,evasion,tax evasion need i say more....

Date: August 14, 2012 10:21AM

atheist
flashlight_on_roaches

"(What was her family doing in Samoa? Running a scandalous school for Chris Butler)"
...If you have any information about any school that Mike Gabbard ran for Chris Butler in American Samoa, I would be very interested in hearing about it...
Sorry, I meant to type a question mark "school for Chris Butler?". In any case, the question came up in my research because it relates to when Mike and Carol Gabbard became devotees of Chris Butler. I have not taken it any further since Mike Gabbard never seems to get caught in his many, many lies. Here are two references below:

[forum.culteducation.com]

“…I can't say much without giving my identity away.
I was a Krishna kid. I grew up in the middle of it. I was in the school in Samoa that Mike Gabbard (Krishna Katha) ran. Later they moved the school to the Phillipines and some other disciple took over….”

“… Mike also states he went to Hawaii in 1977 which would make sense that he did so to help with the IGG party. The devotee school in Samoa would seem likely to have been run by the Gabbards unless Butler had some other disciples living in Samoa. If you had as much knowledge of the period 77-83 as you claim, you must know if there was a school in Samoa at least. The fact that we have no evidence of any disciples of Chris being named with a first letter not corresponding to their legal names except both Gabbard's and those who were initiated by ACB. The fact that this cult is not in the habit of allowing two new disciples to take charge of their children. His children have devotee names although four were born prior to 1983. We have no evidence that any parent changed their children's legal names once joining the cult and in fact it is very common for devotee children born into the cult or otherwise to have legal westernized names as well as sanskrit names. Mike Gabbard himself has never mentioned legally changing his childrens names.

So I'm asking you directly to be honest. Were Mike and Carol Gabbard members of the Science of Identity Foundation prior to 1983?...”

Date: August 14, 2012 11:34AM

flashlight_on_roaches

"So I'm asking you directly to be honest. Were Mike and Carol Gabbard members of the Science of Identity Foundation prior to 1983?...”

This is a very good question and it is one that we must find the answers to. It would be very interesting to know how and when Mike and Carol Gabbard got involved with Jagad Guru Chris Butler.

Mike Gabbard's Biographical Information on his own website lists "American Samoa Community College Dean of Adult and Continuing Education, State Director of Adult Basic Education (6/80 to 6/83)" right before his gig at the "Ponomauloa School, Wahiawa— Headmaster/teacher (7/83 to 6/87)."

Walter Wright's great articles about Jagad Guru Chris Butler and his cult, the founding of the Down to Earth Stores and the Independents for Godly Government political party in the August 21,22 and 23, 1977 issues of the Honolulu Advertiser do not mention Mike Gabbard. It looks to me like Mike Gabbard was in American Samoa prior to July 1983.

Mike and Carol's political involvement, at least as far as public records are concerned, started when they were both aides to Rick Reed.

"In the late '80s and early '90s, both Gabbards worked as staffers in the office of then Maui state Sen. Rick Reed. A controversial figure himself, Reed has acknowledged Butler as his "spiritual adviser." From Honolulu Magazine - "Who is Mike Gabbard?"

Mike Gabbard's "Biographical Information" doesn't mention his time as a staffer with Rick Reed. Gee, I wonder why?

Posted by: VitaminC ()
Date: August 14, 2012 01:32PM

From what I remember (and this could very well be wrong) Mike Gabbard joined during the Kauai years.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 14, 2012 10:52PM

This is a bit of a side jump from discussions of Tulsi and the election.

I found and mentioned a paper that seemed useful on another discussion.

Vitamin C and Zombified both said it rang a bell with what they'd felt.

So am putting it here just in case others find it helpful. I posted the info on
August 13th--yesterday

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.