Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Date: July 31, 2012 10:28AM

Tulsi Gabbard is a Hindu:

This is a very interesting turn of events. The fact that this story will never be read by most folks in Hawaii (an Indian news source focused on Canada & US) makes it seem that it was planted. She can always state that she wasn’t hiding this little fact plus the media here on Oahu have probably been warned to respect her religious freedom. I know next to nothing about Hinduism. Does Chis Butler consider himself a Hindu? Do Hindus accept Chris Butler as one of their own? It seems to me that this admission by Tulsi Gabbard so late in the game might be used to trip her up. How long has she been a Hindu, where does she worship, why did she change her Hindu name of Tulasi to Tulsi, are many of her contributors also Hindu, what about her arranged marriage, etc.?

The comments at the end of the article show that some people are already skeptical.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: atheist ()
Date: July 31, 2012 12:29PM

dabcult

"I will even wear a mask ...to protect Chris from my germs......"

What a wonderful debate that would be! Think how great it would look and how crazy it would look if you both wore masks!

By the way, Tulsi being a "Hindu" is not a new thing. Civil Beat wrote about it in this 02/28/12 article: Gabbard Campaign Benefits from Generous Family Support

They have now updated Tulsi's Wikipedia article with information from the 07/30/12 Times of India article that mentions that she is a Hindu.

Date: July 31, 2012 12:51PM

Honolulu Star-Bulletin 07/30/12

"Hawaii Poll shows Former Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann holds a 43 percent-to-33 percent lead over City Councilwoman Tulsi Gabbard in the Demo­cratic primary for the U.S. House 2nd District seat"

So according to this article: Hannemann shows 'a healthy margin' over his opponent Mufi Hannemann is ahead of Tulsi with a 10% lead.

To see the full article, you will have to set up a free Honolulu Star-Advertiser online account and log in.

The article quotes Dan Boylan, University of Hawaii-West Oahu history professor and MidWeek political columnist as saying about Tulsi: "I think she's got a shot, but I think it's a long shot," . . . adding that's where the sizeable 9 percent of undecided voters in the poll could play a key role.

Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: July 31, 2012 11:34PM

dabcult
Thank you VERA

I am serious ....I have the time and the money and a crew to film a great debate "JAGAD GURU " CHRIS BUTLER and HENRY JOLICOEUR an ordinary guy

And the questions can come 50% from this forum and 50% from his disciples.

No guns or machine guns permitted in the debate arena

Everyone will wear face masks .....I will even wear rubber gloves to shake "JAGAD GURU " hands after the debate to congratulate him on his performance.....we could even stop a few times for a few commercials....maybee WAI LANA selling her yoga mats ....and NIDRA YOGA CDs

Ex disciples will be welcome to also ask a few questions .........Maybee VERA CITY could be the moderator
Sound exiting

Good luck getting him to agree. I could not be the moderator because I am against Butler and too many of my friends have been hurt by him. You would need to find someone who is nuetral and capable of keeping the debate fair and on track.

Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: July 31, 2012 11:43PM

Personally, I'd like to see Bill Maher moderate....he is the producer of the film RELIGULOUS

Date: August 01, 2012 03:24AM

This article from Times of India is strange and seems to have been planted. The information regarding that unreliable poll is very old news and in the current poll Hannemann shows 'a healthy margin' over his opponent. The comment about Tulsi being Hindu seems to suggest voters already knew this about Tulsi Gabbard, when in fact this is the first time it has ever been mentioned in the news. The timing is also strange so close to the primary and I believe she was concerned that so many voters are learning of her ties to Chris Butler. The only trouble with Tulsi saying she is Hindu, is the fact of her being a life-long devotee of Chris Butler who is not Hindu. Butler’s non-profit Science of Identity Foundation is listed as a yoga school. Perhaps she thinks voters will not be able to tell the difference between yoga and Hinduism. Experts have determined that Science of Identity is a “destructive cult” and that Butler is a “dangerous” cult leader in the style of David Koresh and Jim Jones. My guess is Tulsi hopes the media will avoid the cult topic on the basis of religious freedom. Don’t be fooled.

[www.forumshawaii.com]

Posted by: dabcult ()
Date: August 01, 2012 07:18AM

question to the furum?

Is this the first time in the history of TULASI ....that she said publicly she is HINDU??

If it is ....I think its the pressure of this forum and all the postings in various papers in hawaii

Does it make sense ? A Catholic father that never babtize his childrens ...who associated with fanatic

fundamentalist churches(Jesus is the only way ) of hawaii to spread hatred of the gay community

Tulsi was behind her father ideas till a year ago ....and now she is a Hindu ....that worship
a
among other gods Ganesh (halph man halph elephant) make lots of sense.

Butler wouls say any freaking lies ........what a JAGAG GURU bullshit )

Date: August 01, 2012 09:40AM

I don't believe that Tulsi Gabbard has ever been directly quoted regarding her Hindu religion or her Jagad Guru, Chris Butler. Even the Times of India does not directly quote her.

The comments from that article, once lost, have been located again and here is the link:
[timesofindia.indiatimes.com]

They are very interesting and indicate that Hawaii is behind the times in researching candidates.

"That is because the person is not a Hindu but is a Christian who has been given a Hindu name by her parents. The headline is wrong."

"Tulsi Gabbard, a catholic is competing against Mufi Hannemann, a mormon for US House. --- This would be the correct headline as per TOI standard. She isn't even Indian decent, nor is the other gentleman. So, TOI is stupid enough to provide wrong info and communal to point out the religion. This is India!!!"

"The headline is misleading. Tulsi is the daughter of Mike Gabbard and Carol Gabbard. All five of Gabbard's children have Hindu names: Bhakti, Jai, Aryan, Tulsi and Vrindavan. Having a Hindu name does not make a person a Hindu just like having a Russian name does not make Karunanidhi's son, Stalin, a Russian. Tulsi would be the first person with a Hindu name to run for Congress just like Obama is the first person with a Muslim middle name, Hussein, to become president. "

"names of her parents indicate they were christians. Besides you have to be a christian or jew to become a senetor. So she is a hindu by her own conversion. maybe influenced by himalayanacademy com fame monastery located right in Hawaii. This is an allwhite hindu monastery, who run a shiva sampradaya ashram"

"Her parents are Roman Catholic. She does not seem to have any Indian blood. She was born in American Samoa. Her father was a politician from hawaii, Mike Gabbard. IT seems she has a first name Tulsi that reminds us of a certain character in a hindi serial."

"She is a convert who is part of the Hare Krishan movement. It was a big deal early on in her candidacy."

"Another crazy white girl. Dumb & Stupid, I hope she does not get elected. Atleast the Americans are giving her chance even though she does not believe in ONE GOD."

Date: August 01, 2012 12:15PM

dabcult

"Is this the first time in the history of TULASI ....that she said publicly she is HINDU??"

I don't know that Tulsi Gabbard has ever said publicly that she is Hindu. The first that I heard about it was in the 02/28/12 Civil Beat article by Chad Blair Gabbard Campaign Benefits from Generous Family Support

We should be on the lookout for such a public statement. It would be great if someone could publicly ask Tulsi questions about her Hindu faith. A great one would be: "Who is your guru?" Or "What Hindu spiritual leader or spiritual leaders do you follow or admire?"

Chad Blair wrote the great Honolulu Weekly January 27th, 1999 article The Gospel According to Mike Gabbard

The Hawaii media is very, very reluctant to get into a political candidate's religious background, even when that is highly relevant. Chad Blair and Civil Beat should be praised for bringing us the information that Tulsi says that she is a Hindu. That is a breakthrough!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2012 12:20PM by atheist.

Posted by: VitaminC ()
Date: August 01, 2012 12:45PM

The best question to ask is "Is Chris Butler your guru and spiritual master?" and keep hammering on her about it till she gives a straight answer. She cannot publicly denounce Butler as her guru as it would be considered extremely spiritually offensive to claim that he is not.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.