Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Date: June 17, 2011 04:48AM

Quote: "A good devout cult member would give 50 percent to their guru... Otherwise they would be guilty of working for their own "sense gratification" and these cult members are heavily programmed about this topic. "

Yes that sounds about right, they would be giving half of whatever little they do get. And yes, if a favored cult member needed money, then presumably they would be helped as well. But therein lies the rub, so to speak. Where does the money come from and who really owns this money? Its Butler's of course, and he says as much in a written document sent in the 1980's where he accuses his followers of using HIS money to buy him flowers! He is not, nor is this cult, a non-profit organization. How they have remained under the IRS tax radar is beyond me.
Know that everything that is done that garners any kind of monetary results is absolutely given to Butler to sustain him in the luxurious lifestyle to which he has become accustomed. This is not the way of a true guru.
There are other genuine Vaishnavas out in the world that do not live as lavishly as he did and does.
These gurus give back to their communities. They build temples, they build hospitals, they build schools, they give back to the community so that all may benefit from the donations and or businesses that are run.

What Does Butler Give Back !!!???
Where is he (Butler)? Why has he not been seen in public?
Why is the inner circle scurrying about now, what new useless project are they so keen on, eh?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RadhaGovinda ()
Date: June 20, 2011 01:42AM

I found this interesting Father's Day article written by a devotee of Srila Bhaktivedanta Prabhupad:

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you harbor ill-will toward Srila Bhaktivedanta Prabhupad. I had the privilege of two initiations from him, as well as some airport departures in waiting rooms (back when security was more lax) and one semi-private audience with him. Every time I found him to be kind, and the atmosphere to be peaceful. And I'm not convinced that Siddha had an ulterior motive from the onset. Seems the movement just morphed into something that was less spiritual than how it began.

waking up from a roofie stupor
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: June 21, 2011 11:39AM

RadhaGovinda
I found this interesting Father's Day article written by a devotee of Srila Bhaktivedanta Prabhupad:

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you harbor ill-will toward Srila Bhaktivedanta Prabhupad. I had the privilege of two initiations from him, as well as some airport departures in waiting rooms (back when security was more lax) and one semi-private audience with him. Every time I found him to be kind, and the atmosphere to be peaceful. And I'm not convinced that Siddha had an ulterior motive from the onset. Seems the movement just morphed into something that was less spiritual than how it began.

Hi RG,
The article you referenced was bitter-sweet to read. I am close to an exer who left his Jewish roots to follow Butler. Both he and his family experienced a lot of pain because of this decision. Fortunately, he left the cult and has no regrets. He does agree with you that Siddha did not start out as a petulant, narcissistic cult leader. (But there were indications in hind sight. If you read Siddha’s father’s book, “Barbara”, you will see a similar conflict, disappointment, love, and acceptance as with the father of the swami. You will also see a family tendency towards narcissism.)
The author of the article is an unmarried, childless man who does not understand what it means to be a parent. He soaks up his parent's unconditional love but failed to realize the source of their pain. Simply, the parents wanted to maintain a loving relationship with their son, so there was acceptance and of course appreciation. This is not hard to understand. But their acceptance of their son never validated nor condoned “cult-dom”, such as practiced by the Butler group. There are individuals who do follow the traditional Vaishnava religious system who seem to live outside of the confines of a cult. Maybe this swami is one of them.
See [www.culteducation.com]
You may have met ACB in peaceful moments, but that does not exonerate him from horrors such as those committed against innocent children in his Guru Kula schools. As a leader he was ultimately accountable. I am only speaking for myself here. It is not about hanging on to bitterness or harboring ill will towards ACB. At best, he was a weak, but idealistic leader following his own religious customs. At best, he was a very naïve man who did not understand what his “nice young boys and girls” were capable. He was responsible for promoting, supporting and maintaining the individual monsters who did perpetuate crimes and perversions. I do fault him for creating a bhakti mafia.
[surrealist.org]
[www.harekrsna.org]
I know, ISKCON has gone to great pains to get rid of the bad guys and clean up their reputation, but it does not change their history. ACB was its progenitor and one only need look at the results.
Some devotees leaving both ISCKON and KRISCON sought out other Vaishnavas, looking for an authentic and personally free spiritual niche. In other words, they wanted to practice the religion without the confines of a megalomaniac and controlling cult leader(s). (I do take issue with much of the philosophy and religious practices, but that’s been posted.)
But this forum is about Butler. RG, you have not been around for the several-year discussion that has been going on here. It is not like the “other side” has not been heard. There have been some good debates along with some bad ones. Posts and posters have come and gone. A couple of trolls almost killed the forum (Zelig was not one of them BTW). I have my theories that Butler’s hand was behind some of the supposedly anti-cult posts, but no matter.
The fact remains that Butler’s group is a dangerous cult. Perhaps in comparison to others, he seems like a little greasy potato chip in the bottom of the bag, overlooked by most. Everyone on this forum who has had personal contact with Butler will also tell you how mellow, humble, charismatic he could be. That was the attraction. Nonetheless, the impact of his teachings and leadership has been extremely injurious. No one can stop you from taking responsibility and blaming yourself for lost time, money, and energy. Most exers at first do not fully understand how easy it was to have been seduced and manipulated by this wanker Butler.
Here is one of the best articles I have found on the topic:
[www.culteducation.com]
for more articles on thought reform:
[www.culteducation.com]
Being in Butler’s cult, his “very gentle force” is like having a roofie slipped into your drink. An exer can become an accidental apologist for Butler’s group, until he/she comes out of their Roofied stupor and notices the redness, soreness, and rawness after having been mind-raped in a cult. Do you think it was consensual? Do you think people were just asking for it? Of course not. While everyone goes into a cult for different reasons, no one really wants to be taken for a ride, used, and wake up naked in a strange place. But they are the lucky ones who do wake up and get the hell out of there.

Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: June 23, 2011 11:45PM

VoxVeritasVita Das

What Does Butler Give Back !!!???
Where is he (Butler)? Why has he not been seen in public?
Why is the inner circle scurrying about now, what new useless project are they so keen on, eh?

The inner circle are probably building a billion-dollar underground bunker for their fuhrer somewhere in the Ozarks!!! Seeing as how they were totally into the Y2K scare and then the avian flu scare, the next scare on the agenda is the so-called comet Elenin fly-by coming soon to a theater near you ...

Yep, comet Elenin, aka Planet X, Nibiru, a brown-dwarf star, or the biblical Wormwood ... Not too many people are taking this threat seriously but apparently many governments around the world are ... Seeing as how Butler has connections with top political people, I wonder if he is also taking this threat seriously ... If there's any truth to it, then his ocean-front multi-million dollar real estate may have been a bad investment ~ and Chris could be surfing some gigantic transcendental waves like he's never seen before (aka Tsunami).

RadhaGovinda: Yes, the old Prabhupad ACB certainly had a kinder attitude than Butler, and he was also more into fellowship, sharing, etc., but Vera makes a good point about how so many people's lives got screwed up in those early years ... like hard-core devotees giving their children away to the so-called guru-kulas, where some awful abuse happened.

Speaking of sharing... do you think Butler will be sharing his bunker with anybody else when or if the meteors start flying??? Nah ... he ain't into sharing, but maybe he would allow the Queen Bee in and her offspring(?)

Planet X
Date: June 25, 2011 01:03AM

Butler is his own Nibiru, Wormwood all on his own.

Date: June 25, 2011 07:48AM

Quote: "Speaking of sharing... do you think Butler will be sharing his bunker with anybody else when or if the meteors start flying??? Nah ... he ain't into sharing, but maybe he would allow the Queen Bee in and her offspring(?)" Something tells me that the bunker is not what they really are working on, its something else. But if it were, I doubt he would share with anyone except the Queen Bee---what a letdown for his slavish devotees, eh?
Radha, litttle old ACB is long gone and can do no more harm. Butler on the other hand is still capable of destroying people's lives and derailing these people's futures as well as their children's futures. As such he is still very much a danger. This thread is about Butler so we should let "sleeping dogs" lie. Stick to the subject at hand: letting people know the truth behind the "Cult of Butler" Expose the lies and the deceptions of this cult. Continue to document,
record and inform the public that this cult must be avoided at all costs. Refer people to this thread. Educate others
& empower them so that they can avoid the trap that so many of us fell into.

Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: June 26, 2011 08:18PM

God save the queen bee!

Date: August 07, 2011 01:28AM

bump. All is quiet on the Prabhufraud front... Did they show up at the Gaia festival in Northern California?

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 07, 2011 06:30AM

Dunno about that, but according to Google their annual Festival of the Chariots will be happening on schedule in various cities in California.

[www.google.com]

If ISKON sponsors Krishna's Kitchen, then you can see where they've been this year:

[krishnakitchen.org]

2011 Featured Events

LIGHTNING IN BOTTLE
May 27-30
Irvine, CA

MARCH OF THE HEIFERS
June 4
Brattleboro, VT

ANUSARA GRAND CIRCLE

June 20-22
Stratton, VT

WANDERLUST FESTIVAL
June 23-26
Stratton, VT

MYSTIC GARDEN PARTY
July 20-25
Lake Selmac, OR

WANDERLUST FESTIVAL

July 28-31
Tahoe, CA

THE GAIA FESTIVAL
August 5-7
Laytonville, CA

BELOVED FESTIVAL
August 11-14
Tidewater, OR

BURNING MAN
Aug 39-Sept 5
Black Rock City, NV

BHAKTI FEST
Sep 8 - Sep 11,
Joshua Tree, CA

FAERIEWORLDS
Sep 16 - Sep 18,
Eugene, OR

EARTH DANCE

Sept 23-25
Vallejo, CA

Date: August 07, 2011 09:41PM

good info to know, but Butlerites keep separate and distinct from ISKCON.
But would not surprise if some showed up at the Gaia festival.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2011 09:43PM by Vera City.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.