Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: May 08, 2011 02:38PM

Corboy wrote:

The public needs to understand that the most dangerous and effective slavery groups are not the Jim Jones and David Koresh cults that are situated in compounds.

9/11 clearly shows the ultimate end result of blind following. The media and the law look at 9/11 as a product of and is associated with extremism, but missed the basic psychology behind it. It is the same psychology that permeate through the mind of every blind follower of a religious cult; which I'm sure, when given the same task, the end result will be equal to. There is no difference at all in among the followers of David Koresh, Jim Jones, Shoko Asahara, Marshall Applewhite or any followers of religious cults. The above leaders just happened to have gone too nuts to have commanded their followers to commit terror, Chris Butler and the likes have not. But what's stopping gurus like him to commit the same destructive act, or who could tell when these gurus will get totally nut out? The fact of the matter is, they share the same psychology that inspired extreme Islamist to commit 9/11. The act is the end result; the psychology is the catalyst. This is what I thought was missed big time in 9/11. Instead, sociologists and policy makers looked into established religions like Islam or extremist groups like the Aryan Brotherhood for signs, completely missing the less visible and more adaptive religious cults that operate fronts to misrepresent their agenda. Society would equate Osama Bin Laden with political leaders like Hitler and Saddam Hussein, but less so with religious cult leaders, let alone lesser known personalities like Chris Butler; when we get reminded of this reality, usually, it is too late. And as long as religious cults operate within the law or keep a low profile, it is fine and are even protected under the freedom of religion. The sad thing is, the victims are the most vulnerable people in society, most of the time, and that includes the children.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 10, 2011 09:55AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiWoNPP_aUA

I found the above movie, entitled Fitna, from Holland; a very interesting insight about Islam. But bear in mind when you watch this, this is the same psychology we are all standing up against all religious cults. I wish I'm wrong, but watching how they educate the children to be intolerant and hateful citizens that will not bend, believing they hold the absolute truth, is the same guilt I hold Chris Butler and the Science of Identity are responsible for. Enjoy the movie.

Posted by: atheist ()
Date: May 10, 2011 04:18PM

Honolulu City Councilwoman Tulsi Gabbard Tamayo has announced that she is resuming the use of her maiden name. She is dropping her married name of Tamayo. She is now just "Tulsi Gabbard."

Writing in a Honolulu Star-Advertiser blog entry, dated 05/02/11, B. J. Reyes writes:

[blogs.starbulletin.com]

B. J. Reyes, Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Gabbard said she and her husband, Eddie [Eduardo] Tamayo, divorced “a few years ago,” after she returned from an 18-month deployment to Iraq as a member of the Hawaii Army National Guard.

Reyes quotes from an email that Councilwoman Gabbard sent:

B. J. Reyes, Honolulu Star-Bulletin

The deployment was very hard on my husband, and on our marriage. Sadly, Eddie [Eduardo] and I became another statistic, another sad story, illustrating the stresses war places on military spouses and families.

Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: May 12, 2011 08:42PM

Yep, it's a tough life being a politician-soldier for g0d!

Thanks for the link to the movie called Fitna, Bum ... Here's another full-length documentary on fanatical religious groups (cults) derived from Hinduism and India.

[www.youtube.com]

The documentary does interview some cult members and ex-cult members for their say, but is a bit sensational in parts. Note the ex-Krishna devotee who stated there was no compassion within the cult ... Note Chris Butler's Mantra Meditation brochures!

Date: May 18, 2011 10:01AM

There never was any compassion from that group. Its not like they had a real guru to follow by example, is it?
Do unto others what he did to you seemed to be the order of the day. When guru barks at devotee #1,
he in turn would dump on his wife, and she in turn would dump on the hapless kids. Or another unfortunate devotee
who happened to be nearby. It was incessant commands after incessant commands with no rhyme or reason
for it. To teach obedience and discipline? All it seemed to do was create a lot of bad feelings amongst the
group. Of course if anyone dared question what was going on it was immediately attributed to your ego.
It was in fact, a simple soul just pointing out the truth
The emperor wore no clothes.
Not then and not now.
So, the question remains why does this group still exist? If its true that they have so few members in comparison to
other gurus and movements, why is this group still around and more importantly who is still around to do the
Mad Emperor's bidding?
What are they doing these days, hmmm? Aside from breaking state, federal and possibly international laws, that is......

Date: May 20, 2011 09:38PM

I recently viewed Googly's posted documentary, Gods of the New Age. My reaction? That simply is incredible. Humans are. When it comes to superstition and metaphysical, people will believe anything. But I must say that film looked like a Christian propaganda, yet their facts on Hinduism invading western thoughts are right on the money. The new age's shift to disguising Hinduism as benign, healthy and clean alternative lifestyle reflects the fronts faked gurus put up, like Chris Butler's Australian School of Meditation and Down To Earth Health foods as insidious tools for recruitment, is very accurate. In India, in places like Bangalore and even in modern Mumbai, the squalid conditions are mind-boggling. But the poor Hindus are unfazed by the condition, not one iota. Why? Because the theology sustains it. In Catholic countries like Philippines, people are taught: the poorer you are, the nearer you are to God. Fake gurus like Chris Butler bring this same psychology to vulnerable people who easily surrender to superstitious mambo-jumbos, build themselves empires out of unquestioning devotion of weak-minded followers, whose faculties are simply no match to the bully tactics these fake gurus employ. It's just incredible how one charlatan, with very little education and hardly unemployable skills could possibly con people (some even have university degrees) to believe that there's such a thing as God's representative on Earth, who is very much His equal or is a pure soul, whatever that means.

Sometimes I can understand how people need something beyond physical reality to anchor on, perhaps to bring comfort and strength in this dark and very uncertain world; but to turn a blind eye on, or worse, justify stark contradictions and hypocrisy like Chris Butler's juvenile behavior and outrageous outbursts. That simply is incredible. It is because of this that a debate persists on my mind on who really is to blame: The guru or the followers?

There are now more than 96,000 views on this thread and counting; who else will be viewing here but those concerned? But not one dares step up defend or put up an argument about their guru. This just shows the strong psychological hold the dogma has on the minds of the followers. They may be commanded or instructed by their kind and humble guru not to view this thread, but they do, I'm pretty sure they do (come on guru, 96,000 views? Do the math); in the secrecy of their private time, they view this thread with balls shaking and tails tucked underneath legs, dares not come up and start talking for fear of eternal damnation and unforgivable sin (offense), or worse, get exposed and tongue-lashed by their all-knowing, all seeing guru. That simply is incredible. Poor souls.

Thanks Googs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2011 09:57PM by dharmabum.

Posted by: RadhaGovinda ()
Date: May 20, 2011 10:32PM

dharmabum
It is because of this that a debate persists on my mind on who really is to blame: The guru or the followers?
I still believe that we ex-followers need to accept a part of the blame.

dharmabum
There are now more than 96,000 views on this thread and counting; who else will be viewing here but those concerned? But not one dares step up defend or put up an argument about their guru. This just shows the strong psychological hold the dogma has on the minds of the followers.
Does this forum allow them to contribute? I would love an open debate. Ideally, one without ridicule or name-calling.

Date: May 20, 2011 10:57PM

Hear, hear!...those who have regularly posted here, have no doubt (behind the scenes!) utterly exposed the notorious Mr Butler (Wasn't he once a regular on "On the buses"... [www.youtube.com] ?)..to an obviously enormous number of now doubting "devotees"....

May God (Krishna?) bless the lot of you!

Date: May 21, 2011 04:22AM

I agree RK, guilty as charged. As far as this forum is monitored, only Mr. Ross holds that buzzer. Here is practically a free for all, except for the set of rules posters must abide in order to the least keep things in context. Some people think this forum is like a group or people sharing the same thought and go frenzy on those who disagree. Regular posters at times don't even agree with one another, and that's the beauty of this forum – we can go cordial and we could go catty with one another. For followers of Chris Butler to think that this forum is organized should be the first mindset he or she should try to the least, temporarily give up and learn to engage in, a good first lesson of what the real world is like, outside the walls of a controlled environment. I really wish people could be extra nice, be civil and avoid being mean, if that can not be guaranteed, I personally apologize, at least this issue is raised.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2011 04:27AM by dharmabum.

Posted by: RadhaGovinda ()
Date: May 21, 2011 05:18AM

Actually, I wasn't singling you out, DB. Sorry if it sounded that way. I was speaking generically. I like hearing all sides. Makes things more interesting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.