Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New Age Hindu Cult - The Oneness Movement (O.M.)
Posted by: Blooms ()
Date: July 29, 2007 04:54PM

The Oneness Movement headed by the man who calls himself "Kalki Bhagawan" is the latest New Age rage in San Francisco & Los Angeles.

According to the Vishnu Purana, "Kalki" is the name of the LAST incarnation (or Avatar) of Lord Vishnu. Bhagawan (Bhagavan or Bhagwan) is synonymous with God and is used as a title of veneration for a spiritual teacher.

The woman beside Kalki Bhagawan is called Amma (Mother), not to be confused with Ammachi or Sri Sri Mata Amritanandamayi ( the hugging Saint I believe is a genuine realized being).

The Oneness Movement charges $5,500 US$ for a 21 day course in India. They call it "Deeksha" (diksha), a word normally used to denote initiation, a transfer of divine energy (often called "Shaktipat").

Generally, Americans are very naive about sorcery which is rampant in Asia & Africa. There are rituals to attract disciples, rituals to do energy "tricks," etc. (Think con-man Tilak.) Read a book called "The Sun at Midnight" -- should be required reading for anyone involved with East Indian "miracle" men.

Those who will waste their life savings & years of their lives serving con men/sorcerers -- their victims are people who are open-hearted & trusting. Be aware!

[guruphiliac.blogspot.com]

[inbetweengirl.wordpress.com]

Blooms

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: covertmetaphor ()
Date: July 30, 2007 03:47PM

How unfortunate. Real diskha doesn't involve monetary exchange.

It seems like charging for diksha is becoming more widespread.

I have the feeling if I offered disksha for free in California, I wouldn't get nearly the numbers I would if I charged $5k. People seem to believe the more they pay, the better the quality.

Sometimes free and simple can be very powerful, but remains easily hidden in this day and age.

Posted by: kath ()
Date: August 01, 2007 11:05AM

There's another bit of a thread about this lot here [board.culteducation.com]

Posted by: flyingspur ()
Date: August 01, 2007 01:01PM

Blooms

The woman beside Kalki Bhagawan is called Amma (Mother), not to be confused with Ammachi or Sri Sri Mata Amritanandamayi ( the hugging Saint I believe is a genuine realized being).

Blooms

[b:01e6fdac30]What do you mean the hugging saint is a genuine realized being? If thats your view then the follower's of other gurus can also same the same since your claim is also one of faith and not of evidence.[/b:01e6fdac30]

Date: August 01, 2007 06:38PM

Thanks for your response. I agree real Diksha does NOT require money.

Date: August 01, 2007 06:48PM

Thank you, Kath! I am including more links below.

I know someone, a middle-aged respected Hawaiian healer who has gotten sucked into this. She's been involved for about a year and has taken the 21 day "Process" in India. She is now a "Oneness Blessing Facilitator" and is spreading the plague of the Oneness Movement wherever she goes. It is appalling because people trust & respect her.

[guruphiliac.blogspot.com]

Here is something in a related vein that EVERY spiritual seeker needs to read BEFORE giving their power away to a false guru:

[www.strippingthegurus.com]

Date: August 01, 2007 10:41PM

I emailed all of The Oneness Movement (O.M.) info to:

info@culteducation.com

I got a response in my Bulk Mail saying that the info I sent would be filed under "Amma" -- I was ALARMED!

This is info is being MISFILED under the wrong title. This info should be filed under "O" for Oneness Movement (O.M.) or
under "T" for The Oneness Movement.

There are three "Amma" -- female gurus alive now"

1.) Sri Amma or Sri Raniji of The Oneness Movement (O.M.) who rules with "Kalki Bhagawan" or "Sri Bhagavan" (her husband, I think)

2.) Amma or Ammachi or Sri Sri Mata Amritanandamayi (the famous Hugging Saint)

3.) Amma or Sri Karunamayi

"Amma" simply means "Mother."

I have been frantically trying to get the correction thru to culteducation.com (three times) but each time my email is sent back as "recipient refuses to receive."

How can I get this correction in to culteducation.com ???

Blooms

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 01, 2007 10:48PM

Blooms:

You did not receive a bulk email response.

"Amma" is filed correctly.

See [www.culteducation.com]

If you can find previously published newspaper or wire service articles about other gurus of interest submit them.

Otherwise you may comment and/or post other related Intenet links here.

Date: August 01, 2007 11:22PM

To the RR Moderator:

The link you gave me goes to Amma or Sri Mata Amritanandamayi or Ammachi.

The info I sent should be filed under The Oneness Movement or Oneness Movement.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

This info does NOT belong under "Amma"!!!

Date: August 02, 2007 01:36AM

To the Moderator:

The O.M. or Oneness Movement information requires it's own entry. This cult has NOTHING to do with Amma (Ammachi or Amritanandamayi).

culteducation.com needs to make a NEW FILE entitled:

Oneness Movement (O.M.) under "O" or
The Oneness Movement under "T"

Is any of this getting thru?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.