Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Rudolf Steiner Fellowship-an Intentional Community-Any info?
Posted by: Lexy ()
Date: August 23, 2007 05:06PM

I highly recommend reading the whole article. It puts his 'master race'-oriented viewpoint in perspective imo.

Hi Eggplant ,

I read the whole article as it ploughed on and on like an unrelenting juggernaut. I found it even more boring in style and tone than the VAST body of writings by Rudolph Steiner himself !.....and that is the whole point.....Dr Steiner was[b:b8047463a8] so prolific [/b:b8047463a8]that I feel if one searched long and scrupulously and with enough determination through his works one will find enough "soundbites" (quotes) to fit [b:b8047463a8]absolutely any argument one had previously decided to prove ![/b:b8047463a8]

Was the author of the article writing some kind of thesis that he had to submit ? I felt that the out of context quotations were carefully selected to prove his pre-determined point......as was the selection of only certain historical figures and facts. No attempt whatsoever was made to balance the article with arguments from an alternate point of view.

I began to wonder what the authors hidden agenda was or his possible personal angst against Steiners philosophies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lexy ()
Date: August 23, 2007 05:09PM

Hi again ,
The article I was talking about was the original one that somebody posted.

Posted by: eggplant ()
Date: August 30, 2007 03:05AM

Lexy

I highly recommend reading the whole article. It puts his 'master race'-oriented viewpoint in perspective imo.

Hi Eggplant ,

I read the whole article as it ploughed on and on like an unrelenting juggernaut. I found it even more boring in style and tone than the VAST body of writings by Rudolph Steiner himself !.....and that is the whole point.....Dr Steiner was[b:5ba8bb87fa] so prolific [/b:5ba8bb87fa]that I feel if one searched long and scrupulously and with enough determination through his works one will find enough "soundbites" (quotes) to fit [b:5ba8bb87fa]absolutely any argument one had previously decided to prove ![/b:5ba8bb87fa]

Was the author of the article writing some kind of thesis that he had to submit ? I felt that the out of context quotations were carefully selected to prove his pre-determined point......as was the selection of only certain historical figures and facts. No attempt whatsoever was made to balance the article with arguments from an alternate point of view.

I began to wonder what the authors hidden agenda was or his possible personal angst against Steiners philosophies.

Lexy

Hi Eggplant ,

I read the whole article as it ploughed on and on like an unrelenting juggernaut. I found it even more boring in style and tone than the VAST body of writings by Rudolph Steiner himself !.....and that is the whole point.....Dr Steiner was[b:5ba8bb87fa] so prolific [/b:5ba8bb87fa]that I feel if one searched long and scrupulously and with enough determination through his works one will find enough "soundbites" (quotes) to fit [b:5ba8bb87fa]absolutely any argument one had previously decided to prove ![/b:5ba8bb87fa]

I'm not going to try to tell anyone what to think, but there are plenty of people and organizations out there which are concerned with Steiner's philosophy. I'll post a few more links to articles which may be more to your liking stylistically. It's up to you whether to take them as valid.

This first one is in direct response to criticism of the article I posted previously:

[www.waldorfcritics.org]

The Racial Teachings of Rudolph Steiner:
[www.skepticreport.com]

[www.waldorfcritics.org]
[www.waldorfcritics.org]

Many more can be found on this links page:

[www.waldorfcritics.org]

While they are all hosted on or linked from this one website, you will notice that they are written by different authors and reflect a pretty broad group of critics.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.