Current Page: 1 of 10
Raelian Movement?
Posted by: missmek ()
Date: July 19, 2007 04:20AM

This is concerning the International Raelian Movement. I would appreciate any insight to the danger or lack thereof of this cult. My spouse has recently informed me of his decision to join this movement/ religion. He told me of his plan to join included some meeting and induction sort ceremony that can be done only on certain dates. This is where I am more than concerned, we have been married 12 years and have two children. I started reading the first of Raem's books and have yet to understand how someone could not find him insane. The more I have looked into his website and readings I find myself completely shocked that there is such a following including my spouse. He has also informed me that he will teach our children of Raelian beliefs. This has me petrified. I appreciate any more information.

Options: ReplyQuote
Raelian Movement?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 19, 2007 04:24AM

See [www.culteducation.com]

The Raelians have a long history of complaints, bad press and serious problems.

I am very sorry to learn of your situation.

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

Raelian Movement?
Posted by: rob ()
Date: July 19, 2007 05:20AM

I don't know much about the theories, except the ones publicly known about alienstuff. But a former girl friend of mine, spent some time on a raellian camp and she told me there was a lot of sex involved. Everybody being naked a lot and being encouraged (not forced though) to have as much sex as possible with everybody in order to allow the aliens to be born in a human women. She got discussed by all the old guys trying to have sex with her, a young girl.

Raelian Movement?
Posted by: DocProducer ()
Date: July 20, 2007 06:04AM

missmek
This is concerning the International Raelian Movement. I would appreciate any insight to the danger or lack thereof of this cult. My spouse has recently informed me of his decision to join this movement/ religion. He told me of his plan to join included some meeting and induction sort ceremony that can be done only on certain dates. This is where I am more than concerned, we have been married 12 years and have two children. I started reading the first of Raem's books and have yet to understand how someone could not find him insane. The more I have looked into his website and readings I find myself completely shocked that there is such a following including my spouse. He has also informed me that he will teach our children of Raelian beliefs. This has me petrified. I appreciate any more information.

I would love to discuss this with you in greater detail. I have done a lot of research on groups such as the Raelians as part of a documentary I'm producing. Please let me know if you'd be willing to discuss your situation with me. Thanks so much and best wishes.

Raelian Movement?
Posted by: CJB ()
Date: July 26, 2007 05:10AM

For some reason they always parade in the Gay Pride Marches in London and Brighton (UK).

But with the concept of free love / free sex whatever haven't they heard of condoms? Ah - but then you can't have an alien sprog if you follow the commonsense dictats of safer sex.

I wonder how many of these idiots end up with as STD / STI or worse AIDS / HIV?

CJB.

Raelian Movement?
Posted by: nellejohn ()
Date: July 27, 2007 10:02PM

This is definitely not a good group. I've been dealing with it for the past several years due to involvement of a family member. They seem to appeal to ex catholics and "trekkie" types. It has almost ended a 20+ year marriage in our family due to the involvement. I have researched this group alot. I really have a hard time with understanding how they can believe this Rael guy. The things he says are really out there. It's definitely not a group for families. They don't really believe in marriage and they do like to have sex but they do believe in condoms.
Don't believe everything on their website. They really don't have as many members as they claim but unfortunately they've set there sights on the USA. They are trying to set up headquarters in Las Vegas. There are a few that live there. Don't let him teach your children about the raelian beliefs. I know alot about this group. Feel free to ask me questions. I'll help you all I can.

Raelian Movement?
Date: July 31, 2007 03:25AM

Thank you for your information that you all have replied with. I have spent a lot of time researching this group and reading Rael's Intellegent Design in hopes to understand or get a clearer picture of my spouse's newfound belief and interest. Last week I just had to take a break from it. We spent hours into the night discussing the entire thing. What I have found is that when someone identifies with something as hardcore as he is with this, discussion is never really discussion, it is debate on both of our parts. The only thing that seems to come from it all is a furthering distance from one another.
As for Raelians and their beliefs, I can see that they believe in anything goes. Except for the Christian Church. That in itself appeals to many. My spouse says since I am an "educated person" I should the reality of what Rael is saying. In addition, due to the fact that some of my closest faily members are gay and lesbian and I support that then I should appeal to Raelian beliefs.
My reply: I am educated and skeptical to a fault. I can read between the lines and as for Rael's book, just reading the lines is enough. Many people thoughout history have taken random quotes of scripture and translated for person gain, power, actions, or ego. For good or bad. As for my family and friends who I deeply support. That comes from my heart, my personal beliefs and not from blindly following a group. If I joined each and every group based on the simple fact that we have one thing in common, then I would be one completely confused person and I suppose quite busy.
He has been talking secretly (from me) to his raelian contact member in this region. I have no clue who this person is or what advising they give to him concerning his family. That is the "secret" part. He is planning on doing his cellular transmission in early October in some unknown place with unknown people. To me, that is just a tad bit strange.

[i:c9bf052aba]nellejohn[/i:c9bf052aba]: I would be very interested in hearing more about your experience. I am so sorry that this is and has been a reality in your life.

[i:c9bf052aba]CJB[/i:c9bf052aba]: Raelians do believe in condoms: checkout Operation Condom in Canada where they went to Catholic High Schools and gave out condoms.
They support gay and lesbians, that's probably why you see them at marches.

[i:c9bf052aba]DocProducer[/i:c9bf052aba]: I am really interested in your research and findings. Abdulla Hashem has a documentary thats release has been held up in court by the Raelians. I hope that he can win that battle so it can be released. It is fishy that they believe in all this individual freedom unless it portrays them unedited.

[i:c9bf052aba]rrmoderator[/i:c9bf052aba]: Thank you for the links. I bellieve the coping skills are easier read than applied. As in any situation. It's hard not to feel like your family has all of the sudden been thrown into a badly scripted sci-fi flick. When I speak to the couple of people I can about this, I can't believe what I am actually saying and being completely serious about it. I start to question my own sanity.

Raelian Movement?
Posted by: nellejohn ()
Date: August 05, 2007 03:00AM

missmek I feel for you. Did your husband go to a seminar? My husband was the family member I speak of. He went to a seminar several years ago and I didn't think much of it. Just that it was sort of out there but not much else. He continued to go about twice a year. Last year he got himself very involved and was making trips once or twice a month working on a project of the Raelians. It was a horrid time for me. I was told that religion was more important than family and it really didn't matter what I thought. I really didn't talk to anyone about it for a while then I finally went to see a therapist for myself and then even a divorce attorney. I finally started calling family. We don't live close to any family at all. I found out they did know about what was going on and all had there own advise to me. I eventually did threaten divorce and he has quit the project but he says he will always be raelian. We have had so many discussions about this and he just says it makes sense to him. As the raelians like to say it's not about believing what Rael says but understanding. I've pointed out that there is no family in the raelian religion. It's all about pleasure and very selfish in my opinion. I'm lucky in the fact that my husband is pretty tight with money and I know he hasn't given then much money and I'm certain also he hasn't had sex with anyone else. The raelians don't believe in pushing religion on children. My kids are teenagers and they do know about what there dad is doing but I know they would always support me. My husband will say what if what Rael says is true--about meeting the aliens and that he's a prophet. I've told him I'm not sure who did create us but I know 100% that Rael is a fraud.

Raelian Movement?
Date: August 05, 2007 06:57AM

nellejohn,
Not yet has he gone to a seminar and from I have read about these seminars, I feel I would have a serious problem with him attending. He has not mentioned any plans on attending seminars, only the celluar transmission date on October 7th. He has also stated that he would work on building the embassy for the elohim if he was needed. I am not sure what to think about all of this. We live in an area that is far from where I have seen any seminars previously held and money is an issue because we certainly don't have the means to cover such. He has said I can go with him to the celluar transmission ceremony but I can't be analytical. Although it would be interesting to see, I am not going to sit there and sweetly smile at something that is creating such chaos my family. You are correct about raelians not being family friendly. I have yet to see one point from them that encourages the unity of family. It does seem very self centered with no sense of morality. But, with that mentality, Rael is able to appeal to a greater mass. Even if you don't believe the Rael meeting with aliens, you might appeal to the "pleasure" aspect.
My husband does try to convince to understand and my response to him is basically if you believe that aliens created us that's fine but think about who you put your trust in. I don't know the creation of the world, and I am sure somewhere in the depth of science and religion the answer lies. I am pretty sure that Claude Vorilhon is no where in that equation.
Another quote he loves to use to open my eyes is "If our kids are sick do you bring them to a hospital or to a church?" I am tired of that one. It seriously has nothing to do with Raelians. Because I don't believe Claude Vorilhon is the messiah nor profit doesn't mean I don't believe in science.
Also I question how Raelianism is an atheist religion. They may not believe in God, but they do believe in the Elohim as their creators, plan on their return for immortality and rely on their faith in Rael as messanger. I do wish someone could clue me in on where I am wrong in questioning that aspect.
I do apologize if I am ranting. I have so many questions and a range of emotions that have overwhelmed me in the past few weeks.

Raelian Movement?
Posted by: CaptPorridge ()
Date: August 05, 2007 10:02AM

missmek
Also I question how Raelianism is an atheist religion. They may not believe in God, but they do believe in the Elohim as their creators, plan on their return for immortality and rely on their faith in Rael as messanger. I do wish someone could clue me in on where I am wrong in questioning that aspect.

It's God by another name. He's just using a different name for his unquestionable source of power and control. He's simply using the term atheist in an attempt to appeal to ceryain people.

Like the North Korean leader also stating that God doesn't exist wile at the same time putting himself in God's role.
Kim Jong-il is basically saying, "There's no God, and I am he."

The Rael guy is saying "There's no God, and I am his prophet"

Another quote he loves to use to open my eyes is "If our kids are sick do you bring them to a hospital or to a church?"

Well, what exactly is scientific about Rael's claims and their ficticious human clone stories?
I have a few Rael books, and one thing they aren't is "scientific"
Science Fiction is still fiction :wink:

I do apologize if I am ranting.

You are not ranting. Please please, write and ask as many questions as you want to.

Current Page: 1 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.