Current Page: 1 of 2
Im new here
Posted by: liz ()
Date: February 25, 2004 06:16AM

and would like some help
my husband recently enrolled in the personal dynamics cult
after his daughter age 35 brought him in
He was in for 3 months
Iwas terrified and became quite ill(panic attacks )
couldnot sleep or eat
Have no family to go to and have a young child
I ddid it know where to turn for help as this cult invasded
my life 24/7
and of course made me bad because I had no interest in enrolling
my husband was in the midst of the 90 day meetings
when he quit the group abruptly
although hes quit Im still quite shaken by this movement
personal Dynamics ( PD )
How can I get back to feeling the way I did before the invasion of this cult by his daughter-
She lives on her own but I fear that in years to come she will
try to recrruit my son who is her half brother.
I was hoping that her mother might be concerned and try to help but Ive learned the mother is now doing the PD basic too
I lived this PD nightmare for over 3 months and just feel I need some help in getting over this .
Im in lower manhattan
thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Im new here
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: February 25, 2004 10:06AM

Im new here
Date: February 25, 2004 09:25PM

yes
do you know of them
i have text of 15 emails in under one month from a recruiter
the last in which she has asked dme to surrender to PD

Im new here
Date: February 25, 2004 10:29PM

It looks pretty much like a typical estLandmark spinoff. Start off by doing a search on RickRoss.com on Landmark and read all you can. The only answer right now you have to give these recruiters is that you choose not to sign on. Stand your ground. Be silent once you say that. On this forum, read what Guy, GC, Cosmophilosopher, Corboy and others have to say about LE. It will fit PD like a glove and will be very helpful.

Folks who have to sit and watch their loved ones get sucked in are in a difficult predicament. You can't force them to see the situation from your viewpoint.

Im new here
Date: February 26, 2004 01:14AM

but according to my husband it was run much like the military
he has left the group-so i should be greatful but Im still
having trouble sleeping and still having to deal with his older daughter who just cannot accept that hwer dad has chosen to
leave PD. She is sending constant emails inviting him to the meetings, and this is still very upsetting to me as I can see
that my husbad seems impressionable- he is having a fantasy that his daughter will fix the group and then he can rejoin-
(He had a huge fallout with Lance (owner and leader of the group)

Do you know of any off line places I might go for support ?
Thanks

Im new here
Posted by: LoriS ()
Date: February 26, 2004 06:53AM

Liz,

I don't know of any support groups, but you might call around and try to find a therapist that is familiar with indoctronation.

I've been in the situation of having a significant other involved with an LGAT. I too had a very traumatic response. I insisted that we begin seeing a therapist, and while he was not very well informed about the situation we were dealing with he was very helpful generally.

It will take time for you to be ok again. Just realize that you are reacting to a traumatic experience and be patient with yourself. It is also vitally important that you take care of yourself. I would suggest that you get your husband to read information on LGATS and try to get him to see the parallel to his experience (but don't get to upset if it doesn't work, it might possibly plant a seed). He will remain impressionable until he realizes how he has been manipulated.

There is also an extensive reading list here on Rickross.com that could be helpful.

Good luck to you.

Im new here
Date: February 26, 2004 10:09AM

I googled PD and didn't come up with much, even in Groups. Have you done any reading on LGATS of RickRoss.com? It's really helpful. We're a helpful bunch here, too. It doesn't matter what LGAT your hubby is involved with - they all run them the same way. Keep posting. I'm glad he got out. He doesn't have to read his daughter's emails if she's not respecting his wishes. Don't get caught up in her fantasy. Stay calm, don't get real defensive because she'll just try harder. Deal with hubby the same way.

Im new here
Date: February 27, 2004 08:13AM

thankks for your feedback.
I have no real interest in seeing a therapist-in general I have found them to be useless.
I will spend some more time on this forum as so far it has
been very useful.

The amazing part of the PDgroup is that since my husbandshas left
they have all stopped calling - there were about 9 on his team that called daily. But stil llhis daughter calls and sends emails and wants to meet him for dinner - She is REALLY
quite far gone - She cannot even completet a sentence without using one of the groups words - Each has a " breakthrough"
a declaration, a shift, and last but not least the word trust.
She has begged her father to just "trust " that PD will have
the answers he needs.

Im gald he is out but I still have lots of resentment towards him for all he put me through.
But the sitation has saddened me to no end,
c
(we both work part time ) Each month just barely making ends meet.
It was barely tolerable for me - but I did my best a day at a tiem living a Id tell myself that I was doing this for my son- and I suppose I was- and it was barely tolerable until he went into PD. I was sure that this would have been what was needed for me to exit-
But in spite of here I am still living with him
I dont respect him- I do pity him because he is a 60 yr old man that is still searching as if he were a teen ager
And he thought that the PD basic and advaaanced teams would result in financial freedom for him ( pathetic)
he doesnt have 2 red nickles to rub together
( I should be pitiing me ,not him )
I dont have the luxury of any family members that I can turn
to for anything- So the combination of no family and not enough money to move leaves me stuck-
But in the end I must take responsibility for this
What i mean is that I met married andhad a child with a man
that I knew very very little about-
And Im afraid I wil be paying for that mistake for the rest of my
life.

Im new here
Date: February 27, 2004 08:18AM

thankks for your feedback.
I have no real interest in seeing a therapist-in general I have found them to be useless.
I will spend some more time on this forum as so far it has
been very useful.

The amazing part of the PDgroup is that since my husbandshas left
they have all stopped calling - there were about 9 on his team that called daily. But stil llhis daughter calls and sends emails and wants to meet him for dinner - She is REALLY
quite far gone - She cannot even completet a sentence without using one of the groups words - Each has a " breakthrough"
a declaration, a shift, and last but not least the word trust.
She has begged her father to just "trust " that PD will have
the answers he needs.

Im gald he is out but I still have lots of resentment towards him for all he put me through.
But the sitation has saddened me to no end,
confirming that Im stuck in a relationship that Ive in for years. I refer to him as my husband,but
we have been legally divorced for 30 months. I contine to refer to him as my husband only because we still live together.
And we live together only because I dont have the money to move- nor does he . So we live togeher with our son in our tiny
west village apartment ,and split the bills (we both work part time ) Each month just barely making ends meet.
It was barely tolerable for me - but I did my best a day at a tiem living a life that I detest. Id tell myself that I was doing this for my son- and I suppose I was- and it was barely tolerable until he went into PD. I was sure that this would have been what was needed for me to exit-
But in spite of here I am still living with him
I dont respect him- I do pity him because he is a 60 yr old man that is still searching as if he were a teen ager
And he thought that the PD basic and advaaanced teams would result in financial freedom for him ( pathetic)
he doesnt have 2 red nickles to rub together
( I should be pitiing me ,not him )
I dont have the luxury of any family members that I can turn
to for anything- So the combination of no family and not enough money to move leaves me stuck-
But in the end I must take responsibility for this
What i mean is that I met married andhad a child with a man
that I knew very very little about-
And Im afraid I wil be paying for that mistake for the rest of my
life.

Im new here
Posted by: LoriS ()
Date: February 27, 2004 11:19AM

Liz,

The cut off happens to everyone who leaves. As soon as one decides not to continue, they are no longer included in the group. All the phone calls and emails stop abruptly. It's designed to make the person feel what he's lost. Then later after some time has passed, one or two may call "just to check in" and hopefully lead them back into the fold.

His daughter is behaving like a typical zealot. Don't worry that it doesn't make sense, just suspend your critical thinking and come back and let us work you over.

It sounds like you have many other issues in your relationship besides his participation in an LGAT. Possibly what you need to do right now is to do some things for yourself. There are many resources out there for people who need assistance with job training, housing, etc. Get some of your self confidence back, and things will be easier.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.