Date: February 20, 2004 04:16AM

I recently visited a location of:
The Church of Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith

later, I found these webpages:

[www.culteducation.com]

and

[cultlink.com]

from [www.cultlink.com]

They were, in essence, saying that I was heretic for not believing every word of the King James Version Bible. I was trying to present preterism to the Deacon of the church and he said that if I don't believe what's in the bible (meaning the King James Version), then why do I even read it. I prefer to go back to what's left of the original scriptures, or atleast to a closer semblance of the original meaning when I study.
I was telling him about Parousia from Matthew 24:3 (older, possibly Abingdon's, Strong's Concordance)
I also was telling members of the church about Revelation 1:1,3 and how they were things that were to shortly come to pass, in that time, for the time was at hand. I also mentioned Ephesians 3:21. Jesus said, "this generation shall not pass..." A generation in that time was ~40 years. There was "not one stone left upon another" in 70 AD.

Options: ReplyQuote
The Church of Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith
Posted by: Iblis ()
Date: March 10, 2004 11:23PM

The complaint of if you don't believe every word of the KJV bible to be true why read it / quote it is the objections of the ignorant. They do not want you to use their bible against them. They only want to be the ones that use it to beat you over the head with their ideas!
As for ever word of the KJV bible being true. Well they must believe God is a liar. After all in genesis 2:17 it says in the day you eat there of thou shall surely die. However genesis 3:4-5 the serpent says you will not die but your eyes will be opened and ye shall be as gods. Well if you actually read what is written in genesis 3:7 it says and their eyes were opened. This is exactly what is written from the serpent. Hence God is a liar AS IT IS WRITTEN! Furthermore the statement of you shall be as gods is confirmed by Jesus Christ in John 10:34 "Is it not written in you law I have said ye are gods." This was a direct quote from Psalms 82:6
Reguardless of what anyone says the bible is just like any other book written by man. It is based on that person or group of persons at that historical period. As our understanding grows our perceptions of God will also change. This doesn't mean the other perception is wrong just based on a different perception.
The reason people want to be dogmatic is they truely have no insights of their own and thus depend on the words of others. They do not know God or honestly have any desire to know God. All they want to know are the words of a man.

P.s. I know a lot more blunders in the bible. No one is perfect and the authors of the bible sure prove that one.

Iblis

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.