Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Landmark Forum- documentary in development- call for contrib
Posted by: jriggall ()
Date: February 08, 2004 05:49AM

Hi,
I am developing a proposal for a documentary on the Landmark Forum and am looking for contributors from the United Kingdom- from both sides- those whom have benefited from the experience and others who found the experience very negative. Please post your experience on this forum or send me an email at jriggall@yahoo.com. Thank you in advance for your help.
Regards,
Jeremy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: February 08, 2004 12:39PM

You prpbably want to repost this in the LGAT section, which cover Landmark.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Coz

Date: February 08, 2004 12:40PM

You probably want to repost this in the LGAT section, which covers Landmark.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Coz

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 08, 2004 10:45PM

make sure you have a superb lawyer.

As they say in the Scouts, 'Be prepared.'

The old hands on this site can give you more detailed advice.

Posted by: jriggall ()
Date: February 09, 2004 05:02AM

thanks for your advice ref lawyers and where to post. I guess the question is how many people are willing to talk about Landmark afterwards. Have they ever let a film crew into one of their education programmes? I guess not.

Posted by: briggs ()
Date: February 11, 2004 07:09PM

I'm willing to share what I got out of the Landmark Forum. Tonight was my last session and I feel that I am a transformed person. In fact, I'd be lying if I claimed I wasn't transformed.

Landmark Education Courses are like the next step of evolution. I do believe that evolution and religion can coexist. And the LEC are available to anyone: you don't have to quit a religion in order to do the Landmark Education.

I am stoked. I have not felt this way in well over a decade. I feel like a little child; full of excitement and energy. Say what you may about Landmark, but keep on thing in mind: the results are great. And in many cases even extraordinary. It all depends on how much of yourself you'll put into it. And in my opinion, how much time you have left on planet earth. I want to get more involved with Landmark and I want to do some research on them. I really believe that a very large percentage of the couples that go through the forum alone end up staying together longer if not for the rest of their lives. I.e., divorce rate drops for the people who go through the Landmark forum (whether it's one person the couple), and I'm not even talking about the advanced course (which I haven't taken yet). I also believe there are many other benefits of LEC. I experienced so much love last weekend that I was blown away. I can only see that as a good thing. And what about the broken relationships that are amended because of Landmark? The impact of that in our society is totally awesome. Landmark creates miracles that wouldn't happen otherwise.

The stuff that they show you during the forum is mind-boggling. Half of me is very happy to have learned that and being able to enter a new realm. My other half however, sort of wishes that I had not learned what I did during the forum. I will never be the same person, whether I keep stay involved with LEC or quit today. I just cannot be the same after what I was exposed to. To use an illustration, think of when you first learned about the concept of Heaven and Hell. And since I did the forum and "got it", think of it as "being converted". It's not really the same thing because "getting it" is not the same as being converted. And that is because I believe everyone "gets it" if they stick with the forum the whole way, but in religion not everyone gets converted even after they learn about Heaven and Hell. But for the sake of illustration, let's make that comparison. A part of you is happy that you're "saved" and will go to Heaven in the afterlife. But a part of you sort of wishes that you had never learned about Heaven and Hell. Life would have been a lot easier if you had never been introduced to the concept of heaven and hell. You may quit being a "believer", but the concept of Heaven and Hell will always exist in your head - it will NEVER go away. It's the same thing with the forum, although I consider their technology something logical, whereas religion consists of pure belief, or faith.
So I'm a little disturbed by what I learned in the forum because now I can't go back to being ignorant and not knowing what I do now. And part of me wishes I'd remained ignorant: both about Christianity and the Landmark. Because then life would be a lot easier. Not necessarily better, but easier.

I'm telling all my friends about the Landmark. Not because anyone has asked me to, but because I am so excited. I have my life back. Yes, I feel very much alive now and I haven't felt this way since I was about 8 years-old. I may wish that I'd remained numb, but I'm happy to feel alive. I recommend the Landmark Forum to ANYONE in this world who doesn't have any psychological problems (in which case they probably won't let you sign up).

I'll have more to say about Landmark real soon. My life has already been transformed and amazing things have already happened, even though I've only lived two days after the forum. For the first time in my life I have female friends. I've had some amazing breakthroughs. I wish I'd gone to the Landmark Forum when I was 14 years-old or earlier. I'm 28 now.

And it's my belief that one should not criticize what he/she hasn't experienced. Don't be weak and a coward. Try it on for yourself, and then criticize if you didn't like it. But first try it for yourself so that you have at least given yourself a chance to experience and understand whatever it is that you've decided to critice.
The forum only costs a few hundred bucks. So it's not like one has to spend a fortune to find out what it's about, even though some people may have by doing all the advanced courses. And my guess that is the amount you pay for the forum will be worth every dollar to you. I got so much out of it; so much more than I had expected. And the best part is that the best is yet to come!

BTW, I was told that there's no Landmark baron who spendis his time smoking cigars in his Yatch (off of people who attend LEC). I was actually told that the extra money they collect is applied to extend their facilities to promote more education. So if there's such a baron, please do let me know! You can contact me at lightspeed02@yahoo.com.

Briggs.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 12, 2004 12:16AM

It sounds like Briggs is really hooked.

Obviously, there are many people who have not only tried Landmark that are critical of its practices, but have taken advanced courses beyond the initial Forum and even made staff, that have subsequently become critical.

The organization has a deeply troubled history that is well-recorded by constant complaints, lawsuits and bad press.

BTW--it is a for-profit business that sells courses, which puts it more in the category of a sales operation, rather than some revelation.

And be honest Briggs, the folks at Landmark have told you to promote the Forum to your friends. And now they will want you to keep taking courses and keep the cash flow moving.

Posted by: dutch ()
Date: February 12, 2004 05:31AM

hey briggs,

Welcome to the greatest scam on earth!!

I won't be weak. I have "tried it on". The 'great results' you mentioned 'worked' for me for about a month. Then they turned into nightmares and serious psychological anguish. That's what happens when you come back down out of the clouds, and brainwashing gives way to normal human thought.

But you won't be able to hear that now. You are in the midst of new realms and transformations. The masters have done their tricks on you. Just like they did on me and many, many others.

In case you do start to see the forest for the trees, have a good look around at the MOUNTAIN of documentation and analysis that explains what you've just gone through.

One bit of practical advice though: the joy you are experiencing now, don't bring it into your workplace. That shit can cost you your livelihood. Take it from me man, it's not worth it, no matter what your Forum leader said.

Be careful on that rollercoaster!!!

dutch

ps- hey jriggall, I'd suggest studying briggs's post very carefully for your documentary. His words are a dead-on portrayal of post LGAT symptoms.

Date: February 12, 2004 06:11AM

You can always tell a Landmark plant, because they rave about Landmark alleged "benefits", yet they adhere to Landmarks strict policy of NOT TALKING ABOUT WHAT LANDMARK IS ABOUT, as they are FORBIDDEN to discuss specifics by their Landmark Masters.
Also, they ALWAYS end by recommending people go and subject themselves to a Landmark brainwashing session.

Its very bizarre.
Almost every one if them is singing from the exact same songbook.
Very disturbing.

Coz

Posted by: briggs ()
Date: February 12, 2004 07:56AM

BTW, I just edited my previous post. I added a few new lines and I corrected some grammar mistakes, which might have gotten people a little confused about what I meant to say.

My "coach" has asked me to tell others around me about Landmark. This is no secret and I don't wish it to remain a secret. She claims that the purpose of that is so that everyone can be transformed. I don't blame her for that. When something touches you and transforms your life, it's natural that you want to tell all your loved ones about it.

I know Landmark is a business. They have something to sell. If I possessed the technology they have, I'd probably want to sell it to rather than give it for free. I'd probably give it for free to my friends, but I'd charge a small fee for people I don't know. And that's basically what they're doing. So I don't have a problem with that. I went back last night and I signed up for the advanced course. I wasn't pressured to. I could have simply walked away. I don't know if not signing up would have caused their staff to contact me and harass me because I did sign up. But I signed up by my own choice. I want to explore more of what they have to offer. It has already made a difference in my life. Another thing that influenced me in my decision to sign up for the advanced course is that my friend highly recommended it and he just took it himself. And my friend has gone through some powerful transformation. He went from being a shy and ordinary guy to being an extraordinary human being who changed three laws in the State of Washington. Because I know him, I know his story isn't bogus. So he's been a huge influence on me.

Anyway, take whatever works for you. That's what I'm doing. I'm making calculated decisions because I'm analitical and a critical thinker (some say too much, actually). I'm starting to write a journal about my forum experience and my life before the forum. I may post it on the Internet. Nothing is a secret and that's the great thing about it. Sure they won't let you go in and video tape any sessions. Actually, I haven't asked but my guess is they won't let you. I wouldn't allow it either, were in charge of the education. The key to transformation is being open and sincere. That causes you to share very intimate stuff about your life. And having that exposed to the outside world would be something completely devastating. I sure hope Landmark does what it can to punish anyone who breaks the rules and brings into the sessions any recording devices.

Hope this makes sense. More to come later.

Briggs.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.