The "Second Coming" is no longer a fairy t
Posted by: Daron ()
Date: January 23, 2004 02:18PM

The "Second Coming" is no longer a fairy tale. Please share this with any end-time teacher you know. It's about time they stop teaching fairy tales of Christianity!

Do you think that those who cannot use scripture to back up thier beliefs are in a cult?

[www.yaih.com] (End-time Teachers Beware)

Shalom
Daron

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Templar ()
Date: January 23, 2004 10:23PM

Awwwwww!! Why'd you delete the mesage??? It's always fun to read what Daron, Aaron and Gremlinuk has to say.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 23, 2004 11:01PM

Because Daron just wants to promote links to his website and go on proselytizing. He seems to see this board as a place to advertise.

Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: January 24, 2004 12:45AM

You know, this makes me think of the relation between mental illness, religiousity, and cults.
No question, many of these "end of the world" cults are lead by people who truly believe the world is ending next week, and some mythical figure is coming to destroy the unbelievers.

I tend to assume that the Cultists are conmen, out to make a fast buck. I tend to forget there are many who are mentally ill, and who have delusions, whether they are Leaders or Followers.
I have to remember that many of these Cultists suffer from severe mental illness.

Coz

Posted by: kico ()
Date: January 24, 2004 09:30AM

Originally posted by Cosmophilospher
You know, this makes me think of the relation between mental illness, religiousity, and cults. .............. (snip)

I tend to assume that the Cultists are conmen, out to make a fast buck. I tend to forget there are many who are mentally ill, and who have delusions, whether they are Leaders or Followers.
I have to remember that many of these Cultists suffer from severe mental illness.

Coz

True Coz, and also many people with mild neuroses or low EQ or some personality dysfunctions end up attracted to cults or HDOs to boost their low self-esteem, and the cult transforms their mild and manageable symptoms into full-blown mental illness, depression or psychosis, sometimes leading to mental breakdown and even suicide.

I saw a young friend commit suicide after the Landmark Forum, it was horrible to see it happen. She burnt her home down with her family asleep in it, her brother had third degree burns and was lucky to survive.

I guess if you take cult teaching in 'empty and meaningless' and 'creating your own possibility' literally, this is what can happen.

A cult friend said of her suicide that she was proud the young girl (aged 17 when she died) had taken charge of her life and made a powerful choice. Yuk.

My own results from Human Potential work were less dramatic but still painful to look back on now. I lost my first marriage, my career, my finances and my home, and all my old friendships, not to mention my psychological health, as a result of involvement.

I was 'in' the work for 20 years, and I'm now 3 years into recovery and counting my blessings every day that I survived alive. I had one attempted suicide in 1997.

Chris

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.