Current Page: 7 of 9
Goreans, The Sims Online, BDSM
Posted by: PennyBright ()
Date: January 20, 2004 03:10AM

Wicked, Guy, wicked *laughing out loud*.

Penny.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Guy ()
Date: January 20, 2004 05:49AM

Thank you Penny.
~bowing graciously~
;)

Shi Darling...You're welcome.
~bowing again to receive thanks and aknowledgement of imagination~

There is no "you all" here.
There is, of course, they that respond to the thread. In no way should that be refered to as "you all".
Also I am not "your typical "online gaming/internet "pervert""
Au Contrare...I prefered to dominate in person. The aroma is far too intoxicating to miss.
~brandishing rider's crop prepared for reprimand~
:D

Guy

Originally posted by PennyBright
Wicked, Guy, wicked *laughing out loud*.

Penny.

Posted by: Wordgirl ()
Date: January 20, 2004 09:39AM

From the sounds of your post...Word Girl , your concerns or "challenges" are not with "sexual perversions".....parenting skills/parenthood , perhaps.

Shi, it seems like you're either anxious to pick a fight with someone (anyone), or you're trying to score some (any) point.

I'm really not into head games. (Yeah, yeah, smile, smile, wink, wink).

But yeah, my concerns will always be with parenting, as long as I'm a parent. And part of parenting is trying to stay informed about what my kids are up to.

The initial posts, and many that followed at this thread, were informative. I learned quite a bit. Bear in mind, please, that, as a 40-something, Internet gaming is fairly new to me.

But cults are not.

I am interested in this forum because I find it helpful and theraputic.

Do I really need to defend my presence here to you? What exactly do you want? Were you offended because your lifestyle was compared to cult lifestyles? The more thought I give to the idea, the more I see similarities between BSDM & guru/disciple relationships. Still I think that your group is more up front about what it is they're about. The cults I know aren't like that. And I also don't think too many people/BSDM gurus are getting rich off their kinky practices (unless maybe they sell the gear).

So, yes, Shi, you have my blessings (even though I'm an atheist and don't believe in such a thing as blessings). Go forth and flagelate.

And thanks to all who sent links. I'm further educated in an area (SM/BD) that I knew little about. What's not to love?

Peace.

Posted by: Templar ()
Date: January 20, 2004 10:43AM

Well Goreans... You've spoken your peace. Enlightened the members of this board to your online studded leather culture. Sorry if I laugh at grown adults playing video games for sexual gratification, personal expression or what ever label you need place on it for rationalization purposes. As predicted you've only validated your hunger for attention through conflicts. You've convinced noone here that what you do is healthy or normal, aside from yourselves and you've given us no reason to think of you as anything more than socialy diseased, melodramatic, reactionary adult video gamers. Be proud!! Play Hard! No matter what 'play hard' means to you... No matter how intellectual you try to make us think you are, it boils down to the fact that you are getting practically political defending your life style against how we view you using your play time. Im supprised you had the attention span to pull yourselves away from your alternate reality long enough to organize and rally around your cause. At first I was the only one attacking any of you, after a weekend away from the board I find that the rest of the members of this board picked up where I left off. No big supprise there, you all were deluded if you thought criticism would end with me, it only usually starts here. Put of respect for the moderator of the message board I will comment no further than to say; You are adults playing BDSM in a video game, and you think thats normal? Honestly, adults playing any video game is just a little suspect, but adding sexuality to video games? Sorry I just cant respect that. Have fun in virtual reality.

Personally I wont be sorry to see them leave. I find people who use action quotes such as ~wink~ ~smile~ ~flaps hands like a fairy~ are just irritating. Any guy who uses them when he posts is compensating for an inability to convey a thought or feeling without being effeminate. Any girl who uses them is really a guy pretending to be a girl online. Sleep tight goreans...

Posted by: shi ()
Date: January 20, 2004 03:47PM

There is, of course, they that respond to the thread. In no way should that be refered to as "you all". Mr. 'preferred' Dominant..."Guy"

Precisely. ~smiles wide~ As I, do /not/ speak as a "spokesperson

for the "sexual perversions/bdsm" community of AV/The Sims

Online...Sir. Thankyou /again/ for recognizing yet, another point I

have made. ~smile widens~

I prefered to dominate in person...Guy

~smirks~ I do not "submit" to every Tom, Dick, and Harry

that "claim" to be Dominant....After seeing your comments, Sir...I

am actually surprised to see a Dominant address a submissive

as being "Dominating".....when all I have done was

present "Facts" by simply picking up a dictionary and using my

experiences (with "actual" cults...sexual perversions/bdsm,

parenting/motherhood, online gaming), common sense and my

intelligence....Submission is an act of personal

strength...<not weakness>....submerging one's ego...allowing

one to follow or accept direction from Another without fear

of "loss of face",... "status",...or "worth"... A submissive

that "actively" resists is one that has not overcome their internal

resistance to external direction.

A submissive can not "escape" responsibility for their

submission.....~covers her mouth, giggling at "the piece of

leather" ..Mr. Guy (only preferring to Dominate in person) calls a crop~... that?

reprimand? ~laffs~

~continues~

Shi, it seems like you're either anxious to pick a fight with someone (anyone), or you're trying to score some (any) point....Wordgirl

How so? ~smiles~

"And I also don't think too many people/BSDM gurus are getting rich off their kinky practices (unless maybe they sell the gear)"<~~~~read my profile lately? ...

~grins at her hidden sarcasm~

Truth hurts.

It is your responsibility to take care of your children..Word

Girl...Not mine,... not EA's, Maxis', TSO's and the various internet

provider's... Stop blaming "others" for your "ignorance"...Simply,

keep your children off the PC if its that much of a

problem...again .."common sense"? My children are /not/

allowed access to the internet without my "physical and mental"

presence...including their "online gaming".

I see everyone "prejudice" "grasping at straws"... when "only"

facts and "live experiences and personal opinions" are shoved in

your faces....not to mention...legitimate questions.

I'm really not into head games. (Yeah, yeah, smile, smile, wink, wink).
~points below~ I beg to differ..Word Girl. ;)

Internet gaming is fairly new to me...
But cults are not.

I am interested in this forum because I find it helpful and theraputic.

Cults or sexual perversions??? ~giggles~

Do I really need to defend my presence here to you?

-Not at all...but, its obvious you do.

Its not very "athiest" of you.

"What exactly do you want?"

A "healthy" discussion...facts?

I want all of you ..~grins over to Mr. Guy~.. to stop "judging" /

showing "obvious" prejudice for others that have "sexual

perversions"..even, fantasies...."claiming" BDSM is a cult..when in fact it is not.....

**:cool: Mr. Moderator:cool:**... needs to practice what he

preaches and most definitely needs a huge lesson in following

rules..His very own rules for that matter....~smiles coyly~ Guy's

crop is awaiting "reprimand" as we speak...~winx teasingly~

"Were you offended because your lifestyle was compared to cult lifestyles?"
My lifestyle was not offended..Word Girl...BDSM is not a lifestyle.

~smiles~

This forum /is/ undoubtedly speaking of the sexual perversions of

Individuals...not /just/ "The Sims Online" or AV.
"So, yes, Shi, you have my blessings (even though I'm an atheist and don't believe in such a thing as blessings). Go forth and flagelate"...Word Girl
Thankyou. Thankyou for allowing me and many others here "their

right to privacy" and for allowing people to free themselves of

fears, insecurities and mundane doubts....to fantasize in

a "game" , online.

Now, please direct this thread into something more cult-related..A

Group with an "actual leader"....the "same" rituals, beliefs,

practices..devotions...rather than continue with messages/posts

containing "sexual content" and trying to seek to

prove/have "menace" against someone else's whose

fantasy/sexual perversion offends and impinges upon them.

Warmest Regards,

shi

Posted by: Wordgirl ()
Date: January 20, 2004 10:36PM

~~~~read my profile lately? ...

~grins at her hidden sarcasm~

No, you haven't proven yourself interesting enough for me to bother.

Also, you're just mean spirited. You bring the the level of discussion down lower than I choose to descend.

But thanks for caring.
I wish you well.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 20, 2004 11:08PM

This thread started as a discussion of reportedly worrisome behavior in an online group.

But the discussion is now mutating into an exhausting fight about the desirability/non desirability of BDSM. This is a topic no one can ever reach consensus on. (just as when we compute the number PI, we can never compute it to an exact decimal point.)

It is impossible to arrive at a consensus about desirability/non desirability of BDSM.

But there are definite criteria for cultic behavior based on observable behaviors.

I suggest that we put the emotionally charged area of BDSM itself to one side as 'unsolvable' and instead look at

1) characteristics of online communities - healthy vs unhealthy

2) ways online communities COULD become vulnerable to cultic distortion &amp; differences between addiction to an online game or community and an online community that is cultic--how that would happen, what it would look like to an observer

3)whether the specific groups being discussed fit the catagories of cultic behavior

and finally, whether the sociological/social psychological catagories used to diagnose cultic behavior need to be changed so as to facilitate sober, reasoned observation of online communities

all this would keep the discussion on track, and within the parameters of RR.com

Time and energy are precious. We must not waste ours. There are too many harmful groups and wounded people out there.

Posted by: Guy ()
Date: January 20, 2004 11:23PM

ROFLMAO
:D

Shi, you make my day.
;)
You're welcome.
:cool:

Guy

Posted by: BBT ()
Date: January 21, 2004 12:56AM

well templar ..I wont flame you as you attempted to do to Me earlier ...but I will comment on one thing. As far as adults playing video game...I Myself am a beta tester ..invited by companies asking All ages to test as a large amout of games brought to the market are in fact 18+ so I dont really think that adults playing video games here is an issue, but you are attempting to make one out of it...I do believe the thread should be put back to the educational direction it was set up for...and I still havent seen you post a valid point to this thread except to attack others. Very sad. As far as the Goreans sleeping ......Every night sound as a rock :D

Be Well and Happy Cult hunting

BBT

Posted by: shi ()
Date: January 21, 2004 02:28AM

This thread started over concern about "online games" expressed by a parent.
Mr Moderator

This thread started as a discussion of possible cult behavior in an online group.
corboy

Which is it??? ~laffs~

Ms. Templar...I am not Gorean nor have I ever experienced Gor.

Sleep well. ~smiles~

But the discussion is now mutating into an exhausting fight about the desirability/non desirability of BDSM.

Mr. Moderator can /not/ expect to let one rule "Fly" and not the others.....Common Sense..There are no rules here. <obviously>

BDSM is /not/ a cult. <fact> Sexual Perversions, kinks.

Accept what you can not change.

The "members, contributors" to this thread most definitely have a "pre-existing" bias towards BDSM/sexual perversions/kinks.

To Educate/Discuss was never the "aim" here.

An <obvious> ploy for attention.<sales, even>..

Mr. Moderator..on a business level, ofcourse....~winx~

~curtsies, smiling to All~ , ~waves to Ms. Templar~

Warmest Regards,

shi

Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.