What the Moonies really mean when they advocate celibacy bef
Posted by: gordon_neufeld ()
Date: December 24, 2003 08:56AM

Reverend Moon's Unification Church has been making a name for itself lately as the sponsor of some organizations that advocate celibacy before marriage. While celibacy before marriage might indeed be a good idea, especially for the very young, it should be understood that the Moonies' motivation in putting forward these ideas is not really based on Biblical teachings.

I am a former 10-year member of the Unification Church. I remember clearly why Moon placed such emphasis on abstaining from sex before marriage. It is because Moon claims that only he can give God's blessing to a marriage. No other church or faith can create a "true" marriage, according to Moon's teachings. What is more, Moon teaches that all marriages except those he has specifically "Blessed" are under Satan's dominion.

Therefore, the real reason why the Moonies are so anxious to encourage celibacy is because they continue to maintain the delusion that one day Moon and his church will be in a position to sanctify all marriages all over the world, and they want people to wait until Moon's followers have successfully taken over the world before committing to marriage or relationships.

Sincerely, K. Gordon Neufeld

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 24, 2003 11:28PM

the Moonies defintion of 'celibacy before marriage' has a coded meaning.

The Moonie's justification for premarital celibacy is not actually based on conventional conservative Christian moral theology; it is part of a covert agenda to augment Rev Moon's power over his followers, and, eventually, if all goes well for Moon to make his definition of marriage prescriptive for everyone, Moonies or not.

This needs to be broadcast.

Right now, Moon is exploiting his 'non-sex-before-marriage' rule as a point of connection with other conservative Christian groups, when in fact Moon has NO respect for any belief system other than his own .

Moon's justification of pre-marital celibacy is probably a coded, esoteric definition (aka 'loading the language') based on his idiosyncratic belief system, one that is incompatible with Christianity,and whose sole agenda is to empower Moon, a fallible human being who dares to call himself God

The conservative Christian power groups are so anxious to get support for themselves that they're willing to welcome ANYONE who appears to share their moral theology, while ignoring that they're forming an alliance with a group that despises all belief systems other than its own, a group that is not Christian at all, but counterfeits Christianity to suit its own purposes.

The Moonie justification of pre-marital celibacy superficially resembles conservative Christian advocacy of pre-marital celibacy, a confusion that is used by Moon, since it helps him form alliances with gullible conservative Christian powerholders.

If you're a Christian, marriages are blessed by God and Christ, not a human being.

The officiating priest or minister, along with the congregation are there as witnesses, period.

Posted by: Dervish ()
Date: December 25, 2003 04:20AM

The Moonies have twice tried to preach to me. Once in the western United States, once in New York. In the first case, I was a lonely new student at a public University, and I think they sensed that, and invited me to some holiday dinner. When I did not respond, they left numerous messages on my answering machine. I'm surprised the university allowed them to preach on campus!

Another time, I was at a friend's store, and a moonie (either Japanese or Korean Im not sure, but I think she was Japanese) came soliciting. She wanted some donation for some "peace fund" or something like this. She didn't call themselves the Unification Church, she didn't even say a word about Rev. Moon. The group that she claimed to represent did not even appear to have anything to do with religion at first, but my "cult sense" was tingling, so I figured that she was a moonie. Apparently I wasn't wrong.

All she did was leave a newspaper, where I saw an article about Moon like 3-4 pages inside. She asked me if I had a "serious girlfriend" or something like that, something that denoted pre-marital sex, but I can't remember the exact wording (very strange to get that from a stranger), and I said no that I'm not having casual relationships like this, and her face sort of half lit up and she replied, "Good."

Odd bunch. I think they give Christianity a bad name.

Posted by: genkiguy ()
Date: January 03, 2004 10:41AM

Hi Gordon,
I was the guy that contacted you from Korea about 6 months ago...I just read your book and was very impressed with it.

I'll write a review of it at amazon in the next few weeks,

Here's the link to Gordon's book, definately worth checking out...

[www.amazon.com]

what a long link!! If it doesn't work Gordon's book is called:
Heartbreak and Rage: Ten Years Under Sun Myung Moon

Getting back to the celebacy issue, The Moonies off-shoot cult I met while in Korea
[falsemessiah.proboards23.com]

Has all the same rules, celebacy, no boy/girlfriends allowed...arranged marriages for Church members only

I viewed it as the ultimate form of control....ban relationships and then offer a "marriage" as a prize to faithful followers....once you're married, you're not just in a cult you're in a marriage as well...making it harder to leave.

The married couples have kids, who are brainwashed from birth.
I witnessed groups of 12 year old cult children profess their love for their leader after dancing on a stage in front of 20,000 followers.....

They didn't say they loved their parents, they didn't say they loved Jesus.... they said they loved their cult leader:
It was a chilling sight, especially since this particular cult leader is wanted by Interpol for rape.

Re: What the Moonies really mean when they advocate celibacy bef
Posted by: CaptPorridge ()
Date: May 11, 2012 10:27PM

I couldn't find a specific Moonies thread besides this one... I googled "Moonies" and "Rick Ross Forum" and this came up. Small world, the above post was by me 9 years ago^^

Anyway, I just wanted to share this Moonies vid I snagged a few years back:

Marines, repeat after me "Rev. Moon is the Messiah!"

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 12, 2012 12:28AM

Right now it seems that Moon's children are trying to rename and rebrand the Unification Church.

It's now called "Lovin' Life Minsitries" in the US and led by Moon's daughter In Jin Moon.

Apparently they hope this will help them in recruitment efforts.

Moon is 92.

It won't be long now before his kids are dviding up the assets of his empire.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Moon has failed as the purported "messiah", there has been no world unfication and peace.

No doubt the kids will spin this though, to keep the church and its cash flow going.

Thousands of members means a lot of money is involved.

But I suspect they will eventually dump financial losers like the Washington Times and perhaps UPI.

It will be interesting to watch this unfold after Moon dies.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: May 12, 2012 08:34AM

What I want to see is how they will spin it when Moon doesn't "resurrect" from the dead as a long ago friend I knew (in the 70's) claimed he would after death. (This friend is long lost to the cult. I don't even know if she is still active or alive).

Many of these failed "Messiahs" make such claims, go on to die and not resurrect and eventually it seems their cults dwindle and fail. I hope this is what happens to these nuts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.