New system needed
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: October 13, 2002 03:15AM

Aryeh Kaplan wrote books on Kabbalah and claimed that the Kabbalah was a system of logic not of mysticism. His beginner book is "Inner Space". I used to have the book. He also translated the Book of Formation (Sefer Yetzirah) which was supposedly written by the Patriarch Abraham about 3,800 years ago.
The book "Etz Chaim" (Tree of Life) by Rabbi Chaim Vital, a disciple of Rabbi Itzchak Luria (The Arizal) had certain sections translated by people associated with the Kabbalah Center and the Carlebach movement (the latter by the Carlebach Shul's Rosh Yeshiva, Rabbi Zwe Padeh).
One day, a few years ago I was in the Carlebach Shul and one of the leaders started ordering me around, "... Sit down.", etc..,
They were also trying to get me to buy the book based around the part of Etz Chaim that was translated by Padeh.
I was told, by the one who was ordering me around conincidentally, that when it came to the generation of the world, "... that's not the way it happened..." I replied, "then I'm not buying the book." If someone could teach me how the world was created accurately, then I'd buy his book. To my knowledge, we may never know and I've not researched the big bang theory thoroughly.

Options: ReplyQuote
New system needed
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: March 05, 2003 10:21PM

To my way of thinking, we human beings may never know the really deep secrets like how the universe was generated, or was it always here, how human beings arose, etc.. But that's not really the crux of the matter.
What really counts is how to live correctly, not get into trouble, etc.. Today, the world is aflame because of the conflicts between different religious groups especially Islam's jihad against the rest of us "infidels". Some Moslems seem to think they have the right formulation and they'll kill the rest of us to prove it.
Did Mohammed really get direct divine guidance? They seem to think so.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.