Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Where & How can I report suspect cult groups?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 16, 2007 11:53PM

Yes there are some important people involved with INFORM and it is a registered charity, but that doesn't change the facts.

It is essentially run by Eileen Barker, who is a professor emeritus at the London School of Economics.

Read up on Barker and her history with groups called "cults."

She wrote "The Making of a Moonie: Brainwashing or Choice?" an apologetic book in part funded with a gift from Rev. Moon.

She is not a trustworthy person to report anything to concerning "cults" in my opinion and has frequently served as an apologist and helping professional for such groups (e.g. she has appeared as an expert witness to defend cults in court cases).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shininglight ()
Date: February 21, 2007 11:42AM

How can I make any judgments?
Without the truth being fully revealed, there is the problem of false accusation. This false accusation doesnt just lead to one person's downfall...it is a whole organisation. This is something big. Before we do anything...make sure we get all the facts right. What right do I have to pass judgments on someone else?

Date: February 21, 2007 10:23PM

shininglight:

No "false accusation" has been made.

The facts have been stated plainly, which are well-documented.

I have met Ms. Barker and know her history and involvement with INFORM.

Posted by: JCKirk ()
Date: February 26, 2007 05:21PM

Hello moderator,

Could you please inform me more on Eileen Barker and your suspicion? Her website seemed pretty legit and informative, but of course, that many be an outer layer of what her actual intention is...

Date: February 26, 2007 10:51PM

Anyone interested in learning more about Eileen Barker can find articles archived in this subsection within the Ross Institute database.

See [www.culteducation.com]

FYI--"JCKirk" who is defending Eileen Barker is "studying" with a notorious group called UBF (University Bible Fellowship), which has been called a "cult."

See [www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: JCKirk ()
Date: February 27, 2007 10:59AM

Easy there... I am in "NO" way defending her. I just wanted to find those "documents" you were talking about. And FYI, I am not a member or unification church nor am I defending them in any way. Make it clear that I do not support them.

Date: March 02, 2007 02:49AM

JCKirk said,

I heard that someone in this forum claimed that UBF (University Bible Fellowship) is a cult group. I couldn't find where that topic was, but anyway, I want to exactly know why they are being considred a cult to some people.

I have been doing Bible Studies with them for couple month now, and they were very good.

I didn't say the "Unification Church," but rather UBF (University Bible Fellowship), which has been called a "cult."

Are you still studying with UBF?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.