"Be In Health " Henry Wright and Pleasant Valley C
Posted by: JanieBeast ()
Date: January 31, 2007 01:59AM

My parents started going to a small, more charismatic church a bit further from their home. I still haven't got the name of it. Then they bought "healing water" from the church for $58 a bottle. I was a little suspicious but I found out that it was Mona Vie Acai berry stuff. That seemed pretty harmless I guess.

Well now they're all hepped up about the "Be In Health" program in Georgia. Does anyone know about this? My parents have been heading this way for years. Healing via spiritual means. What church are they affiliated with? I couldn't tell from the site. "Be In Health " is headed up by Henry Wright at the Pleasant Valley Church in Georgia.

In a way I'm glad to have the news. It explains a LOT to me after years of questions and sadness. It was the final straw you might say. I get it now. I haven't contacted them for about 9 months and very little for about a year.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! I need to get my own mind on track and start undoing the damage. To know the enemy, what the boundaries are, etc., will help me a lot.

Thanks!

Jane

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Klisa ()
Date: February 28, 2007 11:17AM

When I read the post I had to make sure I didn't write it myself. My parents have recently been involved with Pleasant Valley church in thomaston, Ga. Does anyone know anything about this at all . The website list no credentials for this man, but he sure charges enough for his conference.

Posted by: JanieBeast ()
Date: February 28, 2007 01:38PM

I know enough. They were not incorporated until 2005. They claim non-denominational but if you go through their beliefs it's pentecostal.

I can't seem to find where the good minister worked prior to this. It's scary stuff, isn't it?

Let me know if you get any ideas. I would love to know where this guy got his education and all...

Janet

Re: "Be In Health " Henry Wright and Pleasant Valley C
Posted by: MalcomSingh ()
Date: February 05, 2009 07:12PM

They are actually fine. I think the seminars are $150, and that doesn't seem to be a high rate considering the many daily business seminars you pay that or more for just a day, and I think theirs is a few days. I've read his book, and they are encouraging people to confirm things for themselves, and not just take what they say point blank. I think the only criticism one could have is that the book is transcribed from a seminar, so some baptist guy is all heated about "scripture" being twisted. I have a couple of friends who have gone, and they only say good things and everyone seemed fine and normal to them. They are actually discouraging people from moving/living there, and several people who were really sick were helped. I guess anything 'religious' is suspect these days. But maybe there are a few like Plesant Valley Church which are actually okay and on the up and up. I did an internet search and they are giving free online seminars now, and it looks like their church and seminars are now separate and they've incorporated as an organization called Be in Health, I guess so they can teach the connection between spirituality and health. I may be a cult survivor, but I do believe those two things (health and being well balanced in your heart) are connected. Why what happened to your parents?

Re: "Be In Health " Henry Wright and Pleasant Valley C
Posted by: LindaL. ()
Date: November 10, 2009 12:40AM

I went to his week long seminar about 5 years ago after I watched a favorable national news (20/20??? can't remember) program on TV about his seminar. The cost was about $150.00. Considering they had speakers all day long I would guess that amount is not excessive. Room and board was extra. Meals were served at the seminar for a nominal extra fee ($5.00 or so). I didn't eat there. I ate breakfast,lunch and dinner in Thomaston. I lodged at a local motel in Thomaston, Georgia. Henry Wright was not suppose to be there nor was he. There was nothing scarey about it. After or during the seminar I was never visited,hounded etc. I went because I have excessive allergies. The seminar didn't help me but I think it did help others.
We all have our points of view. I listened to every word and I checked everything with scripture. The only point I would disagree with is his point of view on communion. A person doesn't have to have a formal, biblical education to understand scripture. The fastest growing church in America is the home church. Home churches are comprised of lay people and do not have trained, schooled ministers. Look,scholars who study the bible for 50 years still have questions about it. Catholics think the Baptists are off and vice-versa. Lutherans and Episcopalians have their point of view, etc. A great deal of Christ's time here on earth was focused on healing. His apostles were not trained or schooled in religion or the old testament. I don't know what Wright's educational background is. I only know that anyone who believes in the virgin birth and the resurrection of Christ after seminary school is a very stout person. A very prominent minister here in Atlanta has said he was very disturbed at the number of atheists who attended seminary school while he was there. I am suspicious of anyone who claims to impart knowledge about scripture. I don't care how many degrees they have next to their name.
If you ignore the healings in the N.T. or believe healings are a thing of a long ago era then this seminar would be a bit freaky. As Christ said,be wary,but sometimes you need to open your mind.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.