Posted by: zelig ()
Date: January 28, 2007 01:38AM

THE CLASSIC GUIDE!

[youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
HOW TO START YOUR OWN CULT
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 28, 2007 04:41AM

Best just stick to [u:b20dd6c39a]THE CULT OF ONE[/u:b20dd6c39a] 8)

Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: January 28, 2007 05:45AM

I remember realising I was in a cult while I was still there. Not being allowed to read books, do anything devotional without permission (as if you have to have permission to serve Krishna)

It really hit me one day when we were just going about the normal routine taking the kid to the park and everywhere was other families doing what other families do and I felt so seperate from the rest of the world I just remember thinking "We're in a cult." I didn't want it to be true, I blamed myself for thinking such things (just like guru says that we should) but once it gets to armageddon predicctions and disciples running every aspect of your life it is pretty hard to ignore.

Posted by: emntk ()
Date: January 28, 2007 05:51AM

Answer to poll: Not quickly enough.

Posted by: zelig ()
Date: January 28, 2007 12:11PM

Jack Oskar Larm
Best just stick to [u:ac9c9e4f7d]THE CULT OF ONE[/u:ac9c9e4f7d] 8)

[b:ac9c9e4f7d]"The wisest follow their own direction" ~Euripides

"I am a sect by myself." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."
~ Groucho Marx"[/b:ac9c9e4f7d][/color:ac9c9e4f7d] :lol:

Posted by: JCKirk ()
Date: February 26, 2007 05:25PM

No.
But this is assuming that they are in fact a cult. I still haven't seen "cultish" part or those warning signs yet.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 26, 2007 10:58PM

JcKirk:

Just to set the record straight you have admitted elsewhere on this board that you are studying with a notorious group called "UBF" (University Bible Fellowship) and that you see nothing wrong with that group.

UBF has been called a "cult" and unlike you others that have become involved have seem much wrong with it.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: February 27, 2007 02:03AM

emntk
Answer to poll: Not quickly enough.

Ditto! I was cynical and cautious going in to the first group, but I wasn't looking for the right signs. I naively thought that since the group was so cliquish and hard to join, that it could not possibly be a cult.

Then when I left that one because I thought the guru was a lying egomaniac who played favorites, I joined the Advaita path. I naively believed everyone who said, "This is NOT a guru path; the teachers are just teachers, not gurus", but it was pretty much the same thing. People treated the teachers like gurus, and the teachers played favorites and didn't behave like "realized" people.

Posted by: snookie ()
Date: May 08, 2007 10:45AM

The leader of the group we were in used to say "so what if this is a cult - if cults are as great and offer such a wonderful way to live as this - then cults are fine." She used to say the word cult came from culture and that being in a cult is just like being in a different culture.

CRAZY - so I kind of knew I was in a cult but I didn't understand what the meaning of the word was. It was not until I left the group and started reading books about cults and thought reform that I understood what I had been involved with.

Posted by: A Heart for God ()
Date: May 08, 2007 09:05PM

I'm in a cult right now! Apparently, we sacrifice chickens and cats and worship idols.

That's what they say about us, anyway. People are funny!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.