Has anyone seen "The Secret"?
Posted by: jkms89 ()
Date: January 10, 2007 03:47PM

I just watched a DVD called the Secret. In a nutshell, it's about the law of attraction and how by focusing our thoughts, we get anything we can dream of. It seems a little too good to be true and everything they
say in the movie seems to appeal to the flesh as it were; money, relationships, sex, joy, etc.
I'm wondering if this is not just some modern version of
gnosticism or the occult. Can anyone shed some light?

Options: ReplyQuote
Has anyone seen "The Secret"?
Posted by: outtathere ()
Date: January 12, 2007 12:44PM

There’s a lot of money to be made in the self-help “industry.” Especially by those who are, ahem, [i:792b00b497]selling[/i:792b00b497] you the “help”!

These may be relevant:
[www.culteducation.com]
[www.culteducation.com]

The Secret is based on Charles F. Haanel's book, The Master Key System, and focuses heavily on the Law of Attraction. In the early 1900's, Haanel created a series of 24 weekly studies that he mailed to people who paid $1,500 for the course, then a huge sum of money. These weekly studies transformed lives with wisdom, clarity and purpose. [b:792b00b497]The Secret is simply a dramatization of Haanel's teachings.[/b:792b00b497]
[www.threeworldwars.com]

Master Key System site (one of many, of course):
What is it you want out of your life? Health, love, money? You can gain any and all of those things by simply thinking about them. Thoughts are things, and attract reality. [u:792b00b497][b:792b00b497]It is scientific fact. The scientific world refers to this process as the attraction factor and it is defined in quantum physics[/b:792b00b497][/u:792b00b497]. All you have to do is create the thoughts, and train your mind to maintain these thoughts, and you will accomplish whatever your heart desires. It is really quite simple.
[www.master-key-system.net]

Speakers in the movie included Jack Canfield, Joe Vitale,[u:792b00b497] Fred Alan Wolf (also in What the Bleep)[/u:792b00b497], John Demartini, and Denis Waitley. Jack Canfield’s stories were my favorites because he comes across as very genuine, and his results with the Law of Attraction are truly remarkable.
[www.stevepavlina.com]

"The Secret" is suitable for anyone with an open mind. Not only is it ideal for novices due to the concepts being presented in a transparent and enjoyable manner, but it also satisfies advanced students of metaphysics because the execution is so delightfully original and insightful. [u:792b00b497]Fans of "What the Bleep Do We Know" will undoubtedly find "The Secret" even more enjoyable [/u:792b00b497]because in comparison, the latter is more focused, concise, and thorough.
[www.trans4mind.com]

In an email, Fred Alan Wolf states, "In The secret listen to what I said carefully in the film. I was not advocating what the filmmakers were selling. I didn't even know what the film was about when they filmed me."
[en.wikipedia.org])

That’s a good one. He didn’t know what the film was about. But note, he says he was not advocating what the filmmakers were [i:792b00b497]selling[/i:792b00b497].

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.