Current Page: 7 of 16
Bnei Baruch anyone?
Posted by: outtathere ()
Date: March 30, 2007 03:52AM

"Pnina"--
Not knowing who you are, or your motives, I am not particularly interested in answering your questions. I don't even consider kabbalah anymore and I've had all my questions answered--elsewhere. As for asking the sorts of questions I had on the BB forum or of Mike Kellogg directly, or Tony, or whoever, you must be joking. And I never asked anyone to ask Mike anything, so I don't know what in the world you are talking about with that. Anger and bitterness? Where do you get that from?
As for behaviour, all sorts of things go wrong when you believe a lie. You are deceived. There is no "creator."
Renee

pnina
I would like to ask you three, Renee, Alex and Edward, why you feel so bitter about your experience with BB?

Alex I do recall your really quite shocking behaviour in our BB group upon your departure from BB and you hardly qualify to judge anyone else's behaviour having fully displayed your own weaknesses in that area.

However, Renee and Edward...I recall you both as lovely additions to the group. I don't recall either of you raising your questions and concerns within the group. I wonder why you didn't ask the questions of your heart directly? For example, Renee, you are asking us to write to MikeBB and inquire as to the Ramtha connection (which by now you know there really is no connection). Why wouldn't YOU do this...since it is YOUR question?

And Edward, I would ask what it was about your behaviour while you were involved in BB that your mother did not like?

Renee you seem to have a lot of steam for discrediting BB and I don't see that you are doing an effective job at it. The moderator here has refocused you in this string to stick to actual behaviour of groups and not their beliefs. Can you respond to this question: How did BB affect your behaviour?

with best regards,
Pnina

Options: ReplyQuote
Bnei Baruch anyone?
Date: March 31, 2007 05:54PM

I harbor no ill will toward the BB organization nor am I bitter. I just saw it as something I had to go through...Now that I am not involved anymore I can truly look at it for what it is.

However I do not share the same sentiment as Renee in her atheist ideas. With my intuitive understanding of things I cannot just flat out say there is no God or Creator...whether I am right or wrong it really doesnt matter..I realize that I only can trust my heart...what else do I have? For me taking the atheist road is something that will only lead to my detriment on all levels.

My mother basically saw me becoming fanatical and abrasive toward her regarding spiritual matters, because well she is a christian after all. I admit back then I remember yelling at her and getting really angry when she didnt understand or would not agree with my ideas of spirituality (and with BBs programming thrown in there lol)

If Alex is the same Alex that caused that controversy...I admit it was his letter or whatever that got me thinking...and step outside the box for a minute...and be objective.

Anyway I hope that answers your question

Bnei Baruch anyone?
Posted by: skippypb ()
Date: April 04, 2007 06:50AM

The Serpent Bearer
I harbor no ill will toward the BB organization nor am I bitter. I just saw it as something I had to go through...Now that I am not involved anymore I can truly look at it for what it is.

However I do not share the same sentiment as Renee in her atheist ideas. With my intuitive understanding of things I cannot just flat out say there is no God or Creator...whether I am right or wrong it really doesnt matter..I realize that I only can trust my heart...what else do I have? For me taking the atheist road is something that will only lead to my detriment on all levels.

My mother basically saw me becoming fanatical and abrasive toward her regarding spiritual matters, because well she is a christian after all. I admit back then I remember yelling at her and getting really angry when she didnt understand or would not agree with my ideas of spirituality (and with BBs programming thrown in there lol)

If Alex is the same Alex that caused that controversy...I admit it was his letter or whatever that got me thinking...and step outside the box for a minute...and be objective.

Anyway I hope that answers your question

I wanted to jump in here because I am confused by your experience. I received a harsh rebuke for discussing Kabbalah with someone who held differing beliefs. I certainly didn't argue in the negative sense, nor did I yell or otherwise act foolishly, I just shared the basic beliefs. Basically I was told that the most I should ever do is make the Kabbalistic texts available, and if someone wanted to read them, fine. Otherwise, leave them alone. So I'm confused as to why you felt it a good idea to argue (as you named BB "programming" -- which is completely opposite of the message I harshly received). I'm assuming we must have had the same teachers, so I don't get why one of us would be taught to forcefully spread the message and one of us be taught to not spread the message.

Bnei Baruch anyone?
Date: April 22, 2007 06:07AM

I was never taught to forcefully spread the message. That was just a flaw of my personality.

My mother and I alot of the time spoke of spiritual things and it just irritated me when she did not agree with me, so I was not pinning that on BB.

I am not sure what you mean by "which is the complete opposite of the message I harshly received"

And I used programming in a general sense as anything that has a set or rules for you to follow can be interpreted as programming. Rav even talked about the ego being our inherant programming at birth and then our parental and societal influences as further programming.

Bnei Baruch anyone?
Date: April 23, 2007 01:55AM

By my "harshly received" comment I meant that I was severely criticized for encouraging family members to check out BB.

The programming thing I pretty much agree with. I don't think that we're trapped into any influence, but it's very hard to go against what our society dictates to us, which I think it is historically evident that people are like sheep.

It hasn't been hard to go without BB, but I find other forms of kabbalah to be nothing more than Judaism repackaged.

Bnei Baruch anyone?
Posted by: NoMoreRSE4Me ()
Date: June 03, 2007 10:07AM

It's refreshing to see that others are wise to the RSE bologna.

I know a boatload of ex-students who can speak to their experiences with RSE and none of them ever plan to return. That ought to explain plenty.

Bnei Baruch anyone?
Posted by: pnina ()
Date: June 09, 2007 08:24AM

What is RSE? We are talking about Bnei Baruch here.

Bnei Baruch anyone?
Posted by: pnina ()
Date: June 09, 2007 08:34AM

Just want to remind everyone that Ramtha was never promoted by BB. Renee you'll have to find something else to use as 'evidence'.

pnina

Bnei Baruch anyone?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 09, 2007 09:11AM

pnina:

Read the rules.

No "flaming."

Personal attacks may result in being banned from the board.

Bnei Baruch anyone?
Date: June 11, 2007 12:34AM

pnina's location is listed as Toronto, where one of the few BB centers is located, so I'm not sure how objective this can be.

pnina: your right that BB doesn't promote Ramtha. What you need to remember though is that BB uses the people who promote Ramtha as evidence to support their claims. See that Kabbalah Science and the Meaning of Life book as proof of this. End result: the same person promoting Ramtha is used as evidence of BB's claims. Isn't that reason enough to think BB is full of it? When your best evidence comes from someone who claims Ramtha is true?

Current Page: 7 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.