The Dream Center
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: December 29, 2006 11:59PM

I apologise to you if your church is not related to one that happens to have the same name. I will however say that I am a bit skeptical of that.

I am really suprised that the pastor from the Gold Coast came on here to correct that. Given that this is a cult awareness site and the details about your 'church' available on the website quoted - which I notice you did not refute may I ask eactly why you are watching out for cult warnings about The Dream Centre?

Why would you or anyone connected to your 'church' be cruising Rick Ross if not to monitor criticism/awareness and if neccessary engage in damage control?

Not that I don't think everyone with an interest in spiritual life shouldn't come here and check out what they might be getting themselves into I'd just like more insight into how cults operate.

The Dream Center
Posted by: kemo1321 ()
Date: January 03, 2007 08:55PM

What i know about the dream centre is really really good. One of my friends, who is just turned 18, is moving over from Australia to America to go visit The Dream Centre L.A

What they did was through various miracles, they brought an old abandoned hospital building for a very cheep price, other buyers were going to demolish it i think). And they set up a rescue centre for all the homless, ex criminals, on the streets of L.A, In the hospital they have for example a floor for abused woman, another floor for ex-crims, a section for ex-drugys.

This sounds weird, but over time these people have accepted jesus into their lives. They have a big auditorium that has thousands of members go each week.

So what your daughter would most possilby wanting to do, is to be one of the workers there in the Dream Centre. There are short term vollenters and long term vollenters.

Also the Dream Center has a great music team, they run childrens programs for the children on the street.

There is soo much stuff they do in the community

Go to [www.dreamcenter.org] to have a look at it.

God Bless

Kemo[/url]

The Dream Center
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: January 07, 2007 08:21AM

kemo1321
What i know about the dream centre is really really good.

What they did was through various miracles, they brought an old abandoned hospital building for a very cheep price, other buyers were going to demolish it i think). And they set up a rescue centre for all the homless, ex criminals, on the streets of L.A, In the hospital they have for example a floor for abused woman, another floor for ex-crims, a section for ex-drugys.

Sai Baba does heaps of humanitarian work. ISKCON runs several programs like this. You should read the background stories of Sai Baba and founder of ISKCON AC Bhaktivedanta Swami (ACB)- isn't it funny that there are so many people accomplishing things through miracles for different forms of God when it is suppossed that there is only one God??

ACB came to America the story goes with $8 and nowhere to go a frail old man who only lived for another 12 years but in those eight years founded In the twelve years from his arrival in New York until his final days he:

circled the globe fourteen times on lecture tours that took him to six continents.
introduced Vedic gurukul education to a Western audience.
directed the founding of the Bhaktivedanta Book Trust, the world's largest publisher in the field of Vedic religious texts and commentary.
founded the religious colony New Vrindaban in West Virginia
authored sixty books (many available online here) on Vedantic philosophy, religion, literature and culture (including four in Bengali)
watched ISKCON grow to a confederation of more than 100 schools, temples, institutes, farm communities, and ashrams.

Look up these two figures in the database to see what is known about them despite their charity.

Scientology has disaster relief and various charitable endeavours and yet they habitually bankrupt their faithful and are arguably the most dangerous cult in the world.

[en.wikipedia.org]

This sounds weird, but over time these people have accepted jesus into their lives. They have a big auditorium that has thousands of members go each week.

It is not weird at all it is called brainwashing and/or indoctrination. If a satanic organisation took in people and fed them a lot of them would understandably become satanists. It is about gratitude and dependence, human nature. Just about every religious organisation has some charitable branch. You will note eventhough their motive is compassion whatever religion they are always plays a prominent role. If they were truely compassionate they would spend the money that they spend on promoting their beliefs for example feeding more hungry people - afterall you can't eat a bible or a little plastic statue of Jesus.

There is such a thing as tax write offs. Here in Australia the Salvation Army and St Vincent DePaul Society (Catholics) are the two biggest [b:0d9fd83bc4]businesses[/b:0d9fd83bc4] worth many millions each, and last I looked there are still hungry people. Have you had a look at the Vatican lately? How many troubled souls do you think that could house and feed?

You can help people anywhere - why does your friend or anyone else's son or daughter have to run off to where this church is based? Does your friend come from the only place on Earth that has not one disadvantaged soul?

I recognise myself of a year ago in your post, substitute Dream Centre with Science of Identity. They have great music, nice food. I was happiest I have ever been in my life having had a troubled history of my own. Make no mistake these people destroyed my life by taking away my hope and belief. Material things can usually be replaced but those are gone forever.

Re: The Dream Center
Posted by: kkok4kk ()
Date: December 19, 2011 05:52AM

My family are very involved with the Phoenix and LA Dream Center. They have sold a lot of their personal things and are constantly at this church. There are two children 9 & 12 and we are afraid she is going to cut them out of the entire families life. It is like she has no feelings and just repeats things over and over such as "I am not receiving this". There is a person in Phoenix named David Baldwin and he is counseling her to keep her children away from her family. We very much believe in GOD and church but this organization is always making her recruit and try to get money, now she is on their staff. We are very afraid and are looking into whether this is just her choice or this group is a cult? Does anyone have information on Tommy & Mark Barnett and David Baldwin. Please we don't want to lose our family. GOD bless you and thank you for any help you may offer.

Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: January 23, 2012 10:55AM

Any ministry that turns a family away from their own loved ones is not operating properly...........I was going to a ministry that the pastor is the son of Phil Aguilar..........I would think that if the money collected is really going to help people that is one thing, but to brainwash people to go out and give up everything to go out and soulwin for a place for people I don't even know....that is totally another one........very troubling.........there's really no way to stop them it appears, but knowledge is golden - if there's a way to steer clear of them and go to a ministry that is genuine and real....mine is real.....we only have a very few.......the pastor isn't into this prosperity church business.......I am not able to give any tithe right now....but, they love me as one of their own anyway.......it is very healing and wonderful!!!!!!! I am done with Assemblies of God and The ROC and would never even attempt to go to a ministry that supports monies behind the scenes so that these supposed redeemed hoodlums can make a mockery of my God and my Lord...........bruising the Holy Spirit...........I don't even watch Paul and Jan anymore.......Phil Aguilar's brother actually told me that Jan had a boob job.....'WHAT'?!!!! Why would this guy know this womans personal business?! He's a redeemed hoodlum......uhhh huhhhh right!!!!!!! All I can determine with all of this is nothing more than 'organized crime'!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: chris.martinez60 ()
Date: January 01, 2013 02:05AM

My name is Chris m. Did u ever get your daughter back my brother is been missing since 2004 from the dream center, last I heard he married an Australian girl then moved there to Australia can finds him this

Posted by: chris.martinez60 ()
Date: January 01, 2013 02:13AM

Please please contact me on my name is Christopher Martinez I'm trying to find my brother Albert Rene Martinez junior he went missing in 2004 and last I heard in 2009 that the Dream Center send Australia and you marry Australian womanhaven't heard any word from him whatsoever try contacting people down there I've been put on hold for multiple times tried emailing no response um I need to know if you still aliveChris.

(moderator note: best way to reach Chris is through the PM --Private Message system of this message board. )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2013 03:06AM by corboy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.