Re: Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Real-name-gone ()
Date: June 17, 2008 01:24AM

There is a rather interesting discussion on the UK Sceptics concerning Hansard et.al.

'Let us face the uncomfortable fact once again that former associates of Hansard's were seemingly fully aware of reported abuses for years before I first contributed to this forum. During this protracted period, during which we are given to understand that abuses were all too frequent, what excused or justfied the singular absence of any effective public challenge to Hansard's odious actions? Where was the sense of ethical and professional responsibility, that surely is a central element in any genuine health practitioner? How could former associates be aware, yet fail so spectacularly to offer a shred of opposition?'

Given the above comment by Jeff Bowe it my shed light upon the motives of a number of the posters at this site. I cannot say that I entirely agree with all statements on UK Sceptics, but for once I find myself in agreement with Jeff Bowe over this matter. That it may well be that the most vocal are in some part guilty of abuse of clients.

James

Posted by: pema ()
Date: June 17, 2008 06:49PM

I also find myself closer to agreement with Jeff Bowe re the attitudes adopted by the people who posted here about the abuse they suffered from CH and others in his *practice*. IMHO the view is corrct but Jeff's timing and resfusal to back off when I politely requested him to do so were wholly counter-productive. A relevant anecdote: I was once standing with a dharma friend from way back at a Dalai Lama event in Austria. The truly odious sexual predator Sogyal Lakar (aka Rinpoche) swept past in his usual exhibitionist manner.
"Yuk" I said "nasty smell".
"Behave ourself (my name)" my friend admonished.
"You've got it the wrong way round" I replied "Its the people who turn a blind eye to sexual abuse who are the ones who are behaving badly".
Pema

Posted by: treatmegood ()
Date: June 18, 2008 07:50AM

Pema

Your mailbox is full, is there a way to contact you privately?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 18, 2008 08:32PM

treatmegood:

Contact information is not posted according to the rules.

Either you will have to post whatever you wish to say here on the thread or wait until Pema empties the mailbox.

Posted by: Dr. Yeshe ()
Date: June 18, 2008 10:52PM

I really want to make an appeal to all those that have entered this particular forum to not give up.
Please come together. Please stop attacking each other, demeaning each other, and attacking anyone else for that matter, even Christopher Hansard.

If you have ever been sexually abused or experienced what the women have experienced now with Christopher Hansard you will know just how detrimental it is to submit such stories as the one told recently by Pema. I am not picking on you, I have the utmost amount of respect for you for starting this thread, but I just really want you to understand that some of these women found themselves falling in love with their practitioner, that some of them are now having to deal with the shame and guilt knowing that they too made choices in this matter or they were lead to believe that they had a choice. They didn't, not really. They were never really told what their choices entailed.
So they are left with mixed feelings of guilt at having taken part in what some are deeming to be an affair with a married man, and then engaged, and still there are those who honestly thought that they were the only one.

Still for others, telling them that they have been abused, that they made the wrong choice and are now paying the price, is so completely insulting and dis-empowering. They do not relate to nor want to be thought of in the same sentence as "victim", while I will agree that others do. The majority do not want to ever be seen this way. It makes them sound and seem weak, and just because they said "yes" does not make them weak.

If you have ever been sexually abused in this manner, in the way that many of these women have then you will understand too, just how scared, ashamed, and just how aware they are that if they go to the police, if they file charges, they too will be brought to the stand. They are frightfully aware of just how much of their inner most thoughts, and everything they ever confided in Christopher about their health, their state of mind, their marriages, their hopes and fears. He knows them all. He has and had access to their medical records and any problems they might have encountered in their past. Whether that be past abuses, past psychological problems, or what not. He knows, and he knows how those past files would be used if anything ever went to trial.

These women are also painfully aware of just how many people their choice to pursue their claims against Christopher Hansard would affect. From their own families, to his.

So I must appeal to you all, from Jeffrey to James, please stop making any negative comment about anyone including Christopher, because it is scaring away the very people you need to finally bring some resolution here in a very real way.
By laying blame at any one persons or even group of peoples feet as in the case of the apprentices is not helping. All have been damaged by this ongoing situation, yes, even if they chose to take part in it, and no amount of blame or further ranting and raging is going to help or bring resolution.

We need to come together now, and we need to really get organised because so far I think everyone has come across to the outside world as somewhat hysterical, and that has just not helped at all. If anything Christopher has prospered by this, as he has now been made in some peoples eyes as the victim here believe it or not.

Please post again the resources such as the Constable to contact at Sapphire, as well as Christopher Hansard's Insurance company contact. Please make these regular postings, as well as Witness Against Abuse. Please do not give up, and please come together. When writing to these organisations we must come across balanced, not angry, vengeful or radical, and not sensational in any way. This has been to our detriment so far as has our constant references to his shamanic powers. These have all been to our detriment when dealing with the police and others. So please, refrain.

These organisations as well as the government need to be lobbied for stricter regulations or as in the case of Christopher Hansard regulations must be introduced. This will be a seemingly slow process, but please do not give up, many people really are counting on you to be organised, and believe it or not they are looking to you to be kind and compassionate while doing so. This is an extremely sensitive situation, and already many people who could have helped or who could have been helped themselves, have been hindered by various accusations and attacks.

The aim I think is to stop Christopher Hansard from practicing, from dealing with the public, and as many have offered to afford him help as well. If he is not helped, then we are all lost truly, because there are so many like him, and so many that have been affected by him.

Thank you,
Yeshe

Posted by: pema ()
Date: June 19, 2008 12:32AM

A very thoughtful post Yeshe, but it is an echo rather than a fresh perspective. We have been down the route of gentle persuasion, consideration and moderation. It has not produced an effective result. I am less willing now to adopt a liberal attitude towards the people abused by Christopher Hansard. They need backbone, rather than tolerance and understanding. Of course it would be very painful for anyone involved in this to go to the media or through legal processes. Courage would be needed and resolve to stand up for fundamental human rights. Another alleged abuser known as Mohan Singh is on bail at the moment, pending trial. Some people must have been willing to give evidence against him in order for this to happen. If they have found the courage of their convictions, surely CH's victims (no wishy washy stuff here -- that is precisely what they are) can do the same? BTW -- I will get around to clearing my mailbox sometime soon.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 19, 2008 03:12AM

pema:

You have a point, but let's all try to be nice on this thread.

"Dr. Yeshe" wasn't very nice.

Whoever he was his last post read like a flame.

He has been banned.

Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: June 20, 2008 04:51AM

Back to Black.

May I recommend a journey back to pages 74 thru 78 and the days of ‘Frank Black’ and his alter ego ‘mediatoruk’. They reveal a lot about the techniques used by Christopher Hansard and his ‘advisors’.

‘Frank Black’ starts off with a ‘rope a dope’ routine. The aim is to gain the trust of posters and lure them into revealing themselves through direct contact. This doesn’t work and rrmoderator warns posters about ‘Frank Black”. Frank then morphs into ‘mediatoruk’ with his quasi-legal threats. If you read through those threats you might recognize similar terms and usage to some recent posts here and elsewhere.

When the entire scam is exposed rrmoderator offers this observation:

‘To whom it may concern:

Everyone on this thread should take note that Hansard and/or his fans are trolling here and that my previous suspicion regarding "Frank Black" has proven to be correct.

Frank was trolling and quickly accumulated 10 posts so that he could use the private messaging feature.

It appears that Hansard and/or his people are running scared.’

Page 78 also includes a succinct observation from Pema. It is as valid now as it was then.

The third technique is, of course, the smokescreen. This involves dragging discussion into a mire of confusion and emotional manipulation.

Real-name-gone, yes the sceptics forum is quite funny. It offered a nice home to gondolf after he was banned from here. I am pretty sure that one of the posters is Hansard himself. You will recognise him from the hansardian slip in his first ever post and from his choice of bedside reading.

Posted by: dr. thomas ()
Date: June 20, 2008 06:46AM

Let's keep the speculation as to internet identities out of it shall we. That is one of the Internet oast-time that diminishes credibility. For instance, I know for a fact that some of the speculation here is inaccurate.

Posted by: Real-name-gone ()
Date: June 21, 2008 04:53AM

UK sceptics has brought to light certain issues which do need to be addressed within this form. There is a distinct possibility that Hansard may have abused or encouraged his male counterparts to abuse clients. With the demise of Hansard's little empire this must bring with it a very bitter reality to those who were allowed into this privileged inner circle.

Is there an equivalent of the Sapphire unit for those males who may have possibly been abused by Hansard, this would include both apprentices and of course male clients.
If the male apprentices, and I have no idea how many he had over the years, did abuse clients how are they to come forward with a degree of anonymity and still state a case to the relevant authorities? The males who have been abused in one or more of its many forms, how do they come to terms with this, and how do they present themselves to the relevant authorities?

There will of course always be exceptions to this, both male and female apprentices who were not allowed into the privileged circle and therefore have no idea what was going on. But as Jeff Bowe so rightly said 'During this protracted period, during which we are given to understand that abuses were all too frequent, what excused or justfied the singular absence of any effective public challenge to Hansard's odious actions?'

Unfortunately human history is littered with abuses of power from the mundane and very irritating traffic warden, up to those who run and organise totalitarian regimes.

Once again I repeat my standpoint, it is my sincere belief that Hansard should be treated like any other professional who has broken duty of care and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

James

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.