Re: Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 29, 2008 07:32AM

As a producer and trader of Tibetan medicine will Tibetan Way provide evidence of formalised training and qualification within the Tibetan medical tradition? Can it supply details of a recognised course of Tibetan medical study, which any of its staff attended? At which Tibetan medical institute? Names of Tibetan tutors? Dates of study? Location of Tibetan medical institution?

Posted by: pema ()
Date: May 29, 2008 03:38PM

Bravo James....

Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 29, 2008 05:56PM

Tibetan Way cannot in any sense be considered to be a bona fide producer of Tibetan medicine, which requires an intensive course of specialized study at a Tibetan Institute of Medicine, unless it can produce documentation that demonstrates that it is both qualified and trained in that complex system of traditional and ancient medicine. One wonders why there seems to be such reluctance and resistance to featuring such information upon its website?

Lest we forget the Master of Dur Con has informed his dwindling public that Tibetan Way is selling his 'formulations', and it would seem involves some of his former associates (can we really discount that Mr.Hansard is involved too?)

It is dificult not to conclude therefore, although there are some who continue their subscriptions to the 'Flat Earth Society', that the medical 'products' on sale by Tibetan Way cannot be regarded as authentic Tibetan medicine, particularly as Christoper Hansard has publicly stated they were created by him and his former Dur-Con colleagues (they are the people who despite being aware of reported abuses at the so-called Eden Medical Center failed to challenge, or report to the authorities, Hansard's alleged violations).

At this point perhaps we should recall the affidavit of Doctor Barry Clark concerning Hansard's qualifications, knowledge and training in Tibetan medicine.

"Dr Barry Clark
Auckland
New Zealand

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I have been requested to provide a statement about the status of Christopher Hansard. I, Doctor Barry Clark, trained in Tibetan Medicine for almost twenty years in the Indian Himalayas, under two of His Holiness The Dalai Lama's personal physicians. I have published, in two languages, a translation of the Root and Explanatory Tantras of Tibetan Medicine and released a DVD, and numerous articles and papers on Tibetan Medicine.

I have a justifiable claim to be the foremost western teacher, physician, translator, researcher and expert in the field of Tibetan Medicine. To reach this status over many years I not only had to train in the 156 chapters of the 'Four Tantras', but also become fluent in written and spoken forms of both modern and classical Tibetan, so as to translate both the classical texts and oral teachings thereon.

In my thirty-one years of endeavours in this system I have come to the conclusion that no such practice as ‘Dur-Bon’ exists in the Tibetan Tradition. In my limited contact with Christopher Hansard I gained the impression that he had almost no formal knowledge of the Tibetan Medical system. He appears to have almost none of the requisite knowledge of Tibetan language, nor any textual knowledge of the classical Tantras, which are the syllabus for all students and practitioners of Tibetan Medicine

I conclude that Mr Hansard's claims to proficiency in the Tibetan medical system cannot be substantiated and that by no stretch of the imagination could he be regarded as a qualified practitioner of Tibetan Medicine.

Sincerely,
Dr. Barry Clark"

If therefore, as Hansard asserts, that Tibetan Way is selling his 'products' they cannot be considered as authentic Tibetan medicine (this will no doubt attract the interest of those authorities concerned with trading standards) however even if we discount Hansard's claims, and consider for a moment that the 'medicine' being sold by them is not derived from the self-styled 'Thunder Being' they are still obliged to make clear to the public, and potential customers, what qualification and training they have in genuine Tibetan medicine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2008 06:10PM by jeff bowe.

Posted by: Chris_Farmer ()
Date: May 29, 2008 06:12PM

Why don't you just answer the questions that have been asked of you?

Chris

Jeff Bowe and honesty and transparency
Posted by: Real-name-gone ()
Date: May 29, 2008 08:38PM

Jeff,

Given you PROVEN history of eliminating facts you dont like, how do we even know that the letter originates from Dr Barry Clark?

Before I accept this letter I demand that you go to a solicitor and have it notarised. I demand that you pay for the same service for Dr Barry Clak so that we can be certain the contents are his and have not been edited by you.

1 where did you recive your training in Tibetan studies?

2 What is the exact nature of your relationship with Hansard?

3 What is your exact financial relationship with Hansard?

4 When did you cease your relationship with Hansard

5 Why are flasifying evidance against Tibetanway.co.uk

6 Why are you faslifying evidance against C. Farmer

7 Can you produce documents that legally prove that you are nolonger financially linked with Hansard?

8 Is your vendetta against the victims of Hansard behaviour personal in nature

10 Where did you obtain your 'superior' knowlege in Bon?

11 What is your teachers name?

12 How long did you study Bon with your teacher?

13 Why do you consistanly riddicule obvious deep spiritual trauma in others.

14 When did you become an 'expert in tibetan politics' (you are not the only one who can research things on the net)

15 When did you change causes from UFO research (Flying Saucer Man) to Tibetan 'expert' research.

16 Why do you consider the issue of the abuse of vunerable people to the a 'redundant issue?'

17 Is Doctor Barry Clark aware of your history of proven falsification of blogs and web site contents?

18 Do you still consider matters of sexual abuse or misconduct to be a redundant issue?

Before you place any other postings on this site you should answer these questions. You have brought the good name and reputation of the Rick Ross Forum into disrepute. This is a site and for that is dedicated to establishing the truth about abuse, frankly your manipulations of your various blogs and websites falls under the same category. Having demonstrated that you edit and we have the website so that people do not have a right to reply, I am wondering how many of the people you have vilified have replied in their defence and you have deleted their replies.

At no point have you attempted to provide any bona fides on the site of your expertise or knowledge, people have been remarkably kind towards you and tolerant respecting your views. I think it's about time that you became honest and revealed the absolute truth of your vendetta against Hansard.

I ended this as I always do, those who have suffered abuse I offer my deepest sympathies to. Hansard claimed himself to be a master physician of Tibetan medicine, he should be judged by the standards of any other physician in the UK and treated as such under UK law.

James

[Moderator's note: Asking Jeff Bowe questions is not really the purpose of this thread. The topic is Christopher Hansard. Please stay focused on the topic or start another thread on another topic, if it's a relevant.]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2008 11:42PM by rrmoderator.

Date: May 29, 2008 08:47PM

Dear Dorje

My original reply disappeared.

I checked the web archive and totally agreed with your concerns.

I have since checked this with my clients and have seen the legal documentation that demonstrates that there has been no breach of copyright.

Thanks for drawing my attention to the web archive - a very useful resource.

Chris

Date: May 29, 2008 08:53PM

Dear Dorje

My original reply disappeared - the full version will be available from Tibetan Way in the near future.

The registration date is, as you say, a coincidence - end of story.

Briefly I have checked Roderick Lane's website and Tibetan Way appears at the end of a list of suppliers. All the suppliers are reputable. As far as I know he is not connected with any of those suppliers so why suggest that he is connected with Tibetan Way?

Chris

Date: May 29, 2008 08:56PM

Dear treatmegood

Which Hansard website are you referring to? Having looked at the site on the web archive I can see no similarity with the Roderick Lane site.

Chris

Date: May 29, 2008 08:59PM

Jeff

You have removed my comments from your blogs and set your blogs up so that only your loyal followers can post there.

You state:

"I value free speech and dissent and welcome an open debate on the issues being questionned."

That really doesn't ring true now does it?

Chris

Posted by: atlantic ()
Date: May 29, 2008 09:54PM

I must agree with James and Chris Farmer.

Jeff, you must uphold the same standards of authenticity that you correctly expect from others.

Please reply to the questions you have been asked.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.