Current Page: 15 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: atlantic ()
Date: February 11, 2007 07:22PM

I know of many people who feel that they have experienced great healing as a result of Christopher Hansard's work. Unfortunately I also know of many who feel that they have been abused, and most will probably not come forward on this website.

The viewing figures alone show the interest in this discussion. Since it all makes such uncomfortable reading I hope there will be a just outcome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: nathalie ()
Date: February 15, 2007 08:06AM

I cannot believe what I have just read.
Pema: who are you and what are your credentials. You seem so intent on getting information about CH but so unwilling to give anything about yourself. You say you are a journalist. Are we to believe you just because you said so?
And you Lorenzetti, again no indication of where you come from.

I could have as easily written down that I was a friend of CH when he was a child.
You all seem so intent on finding the truth about CH but no one is actually looking at who is asking the questions and why?

I know CH personally and would never doubt his integrity. He is a caring, loving, compassionate person who challenges people to look at themselves. I think you should spend more time looking at yourself and your motivations before accusing him of being a sharlatan.
Best wishes

Nathalie

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Arcee ()
Date: February 15, 2007 06:29PM

Nathalie, Please let us all remember that this is a discussion forum. People are all entitled to their opinions. And that is wht gives people the right to say what thy know and feel. I believe that this forum is only of any value if people are posting facts and if someone says they went to school with CH for example we should respect that as a fact. What perpose does it serve to doubt it?

I am pleased you have had apositive experience of CH but please allow those of us with less than positve experiences to express them.

From my own experience I found him interesting and initially very charming but his style of treatment didn't suit me so I did what I suggest others do and go elsehwere. That is the reality of life. I did not consider his sexual gropings appropriate nor did I like the way he dealt with some other personal matters of mine. You may choose to drive one make of car and I another. That does not make either of us or the car(s) right or wrong - it is just the way life is!

I do find his apparent ability to gain a 'hold' over some patients unhealthy but maybe that is just thereality of how vulnerable they are.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Lily ()
Date: February 17, 2007 02:58AM

This is my first post. I am an ex-apprentice of Christopher Hansard.
In reading through this forum, I have been struck by how black and white the debate seems to be. Christopher seems to be depicted as a manipulative, abusive, charlatan or a powerful and compassionate healer who has improved the physical and mental health of many.
I wonder whether it is possible that there is some truth in both arguments.
In my experience, CH was able to somehow 'read' personal information about people. He was very charismatic, insightful and compassionate. Irrespective of his school of teaching, he was able to provide treatments which were hugely helpful to a significant proportion of his clients.
However, I also had personal experiences of CH's faults: being drunk at the clinic, being very scary when he was angry and being sexually inappropriate.
There was also a culture of secrecy within the clinic. It was difficult to challenge or criticise him, either directly or in private discussions with other apprentices. There was always a sense that he would find out / know what you'd said or that questioning your faith in CH's teachings was inappropriate. In this respect, it did feel like a cult. I think this is probably why Pema is struggling to find people who will go on record.
I am shaking even as I write this anonymously.
Having left the clinic some years ago, I now view CH as a talented healer / therapist who abused the power that he gained from these abilities.
I am pleased for those who have benefitted from his practice and sorry that others have been hurt or abused by him. Mostly, I am glad that this debate is finally taking place.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: gondolf ()
Date: February 17, 2007 06:34AM

Hi Lilly,

Great post. It pretty much encapsulates the whole problem with Mr. Hansard. What you have described is generally true in most authoritarian cult environments. Secrecy, an environment where simple questioning is not allowed, no accountability for incongruent behaviour portrayed by the leader. That is typical. So to is the group being headed by an individual who is powerful, charismatic and somewhat gifted, and also damaged in some way. And finally when individuals exit such groups, there is always fear of the consequences because that is what happens when you seperate from anybody or any situation where there has been abuse of any kind. With him it seems to have been a kind of psychic abuse. But truth really does set a person free, and that is why certain kinds of truth are the freed person best friend, and the cult leaders worst enemy.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: HDM ()
Date: February 19, 2007 08:56AM

To Flying11

You got good results from acupuncture, so carry on with a proper acupuncurist. You don't have to go back to pure allopathic Western stuff. Best of luck with your process. I think CH is able to read what a body needs and you probably got a reasonable treatment, but I agree, don't go back to him.

The word from Lily, the ex-apprentice is telling. I witnessed Ch verbally abusing apprentices and wondered how they put up with that, teacher or not.

CH told our group that he could never go to Tibet as he (as a Lha Ku) would be killed by the Chinese, but that if he did go, he would be revered by the people who wait for a Lha ku to return. A saviour complex?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: HDM ()
Date: February 19, 2007 09:44AM

Christopher apparently is claiming that rents escalated in his office, hence the downsizing. He told me that the premises was willed to him by an elderly man he had helped to pass over peacefully and that it was worth a lot of money, being in Chelsea. He has done enormous renovations, including a waterfall that trickles down the side of the front entrance stairs for a full storey of height. But here we have more lies, renting vs owning. The man just can't stop lying!

Vaidya has so many interesting things to say. Yes, life is short and good teachers are hard to find. I think my best guidepost is "by their works you shall know them". My first clue about Christopher was very early on, when he didn't hold a door for two women struggling with heavy stuff. I thought "you are not a gentleman", and watched carefully after that. A crazy drunken tantric teacher may not actually have anything useful to say to help us out of our illusions (that couldn't be done better by a more honourable teacher).

I liked what Vaidya said about siddhis being fascinating but still just part of the illusion. They're just a sign that energy is flowing, but not inherently important, if I understand correctly.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: pema ()
Date: February 19, 2007 06:06PM

Re: siddhis (also known as psychic sport) -- you understand correctly HDM. I suggest here (at risk of censure) some authentic, accessible Buddhist and Bon teachers:
Choegyal Namkhai Norbu (TB/Bon)
(Google Dzogchen Community for web site details)
Tsultrim Allione TB
www.taramandala.org
Stephen and Martine Batchelor TB/Zen
www.stephenbatchelor.org
Lama Jampa Thaye TB
(Google Dechen Community)
Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche (Bon)
www.ligmincha.org
Pema

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: driver ()
Date: February 21, 2007 10:27AM

Hi everyone. I just happened to come in here curious to know who this guy Christopher Hansard is… I just feel bad for all those who have been hurt of abused by him. It might be a good idea to research thoroughly before engaging yourself in a practice that you’re not so familiar with….. yet, there seems to be those who have benefited significantly from it so it would be interesting to see how this debate continues..

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: pema ()
Date: February 24, 2007 11:30PM

Current Page: 15 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.