Current Page: 14 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Mariah ()
Date: February 01, 2007 12:51PM

Thank you for your posting Lorenzetti. I for one, felt great relief to finally hear from someone who knew him in NZ.

Can you tell us - were you a friend, or a distant aquaintance? Did you attend the same school? I echo Gondolf's inquiry too - about signs and motivations. Did he try this kind of thing while living in NZ, but on a smaller scale?

I have often wondered if this man is what we call a "mulitiple personality" - a disorder that can happen to people who are severely traumatized.
Would you be able to offer any insight into this? CH is clearly gifted but showed very different sides, depending on circumstances and people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: lorenzetti ()
Date: February 02, 2007 10:27AM

Dear Mariah and gondolf,

Thank you for replying to my postings regarding Christopher Hansard.

As I stated previously, I knew Christopher in New Zealand. I was at school with him when he attended Selwyn College (Kohimarama Road, Kohimarama, Auckland) for about a year in either 1974 or 1975. I think it was probably 1975, but unfortunately I cannot say which year it was with absolute certainty. I also meet him from time to time when I was in my 20’s.

I do have opinions about his behaviour. However, for obvious reasons, in the context of this forum I prefer to concentrate on facts. I am presenting these facts because I think it is inexcusable for Christopher to claim he can treat people who are ill, and no doubt at times desperate for help, when he has no medical background that I am aware of. I feel this outweighs any feelings of sympathy I have for him.

I think Christopher was about 19 when he attended Selwyn College. He stated in an interview with Jenni Ameghino (the Birmingham Post: 22/09/2001), that he ‘received his medical tuition at the start and end of each day and at weekends’. At no time did I see a private tutor of any kind. Further, he never mentioned any private tuition he was receiving or had received. He certainly never mentioned an ‘Urgyen Num Chuk’. At the time Christopher was claiming to have trained in Kung Fu. He also claimed to me that he had been living in a Tibet before attending Selwyn College.

I do not want to go into much detail regarding what I know about Christopher’s background. However, he also claimed in the Birmingham Post article that his mother is a doctor and his father is an advertising executive. This is untrue. It may be a small point, but I am sure it can be verified whether or not his mother was registered as a doctor in New Zealand. If not, then it suggests a pattern of giving false information.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: vaidya ()
Date: February 03, 2007 10:58AM

lorenzetti
At the time Christopher was claiming to have trained in Kung Fu. He also claimed to me that he had been living in a Tibet before attending Selwyn College.

I do not want to go into much detail regarding what I know about Christopher’s background.

hi lorenzetti,

thanks for shedding a little light on his background, although i am sure i am not the only one hoping you will go into greater detail...your personal experiences are an entirely valid form of evidence

and sorry, just to understand, at age 19 CH had claimed to you to have been trained in kung fu and had been living in tibet? did he demonstrate any skills in this area? did you think it was just a lie or fantasy at the time or did you take him seriously?

thanks

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Cranial ()
Date: February 03, 2007 09:53PM

I have just visited the Medical Council of New Zealand website and typed in the surname Hansard and there is not one name that comes up under any speciality or area.

However, this does not have to mean anything. His mother could have died and if she was a doctor would have retired by now, being in her 70's, 80's. I know that in the UK they remove deceased doctors from the register and I wonder if they do the same for retired doctors? The GMC tend to keep the names as registered, but with a note stating that they have retired.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: February 06, 2007 05:47AM

Dear Lorenzetti, it was good to have some input from you. You seem unsure whether or not to say more. I, like you, also felt sympathy for Christopher but lost it as I saw the harm he was doing. It is difficult to stop people like him. A criminal prosecution is unlikely. A newspaper expose might help.

Interestingly this forum may be more helpful than either. Christopher generates a great deal of curiosity and confusion. Now anybody searching for him on google will quickly find this forum. Perhaps you've noticed the numbers of visitors rising daily. Perhaps you could contribute some more. For every detail you offer you can be sure there will be many people who will follow the lead. Please help stop this man.

Thanks

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Cranial ()
Date: February 06, 2007 11:48PM

Hi,

Yes, I agree. I was using Virgin search engine and this forum came up, which is why I posted in the first place.

Think about it this way though, for all the Christopher Hansard's of this world there are also some great people/practitioners out there who are doing some great work with people, to redress the balance!

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: flying11 ()
Date: February 07, 2007 06:31AM

I found this forum by sheer chance at the weekend and received treatment there for 2 weeks just prior to posting. All this really scared me and I cancelled my future appointments.

To be fair I phoned up and told stephanie my concerns about all these allegations and she told me that there was no pictural evidence of urgen nam chuk as christopher had been a loner most of his life and it was passed on by spoken word. She also told me that she had been taught personally by christopher.

Christopher later left a message and invited me to come in and discuss this and said there was a couple of things on here that were untrue, but the message sounded one of desparation rather than concern. I too hope that the 2 weeks of needles in my head has done me no harm - but on the plus side my desire for drugs has been non existent.

For me I aint going back and will rely on western medicine in the future.

My closing gambit is has anyone spoken to chris directly about all of this face to face?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: lorenzetti ()
Date: February 07, 2007 03:36PM

Dear vaidya, Dorje and Cranial,

Thank you for replying to my posting regarding Christopher Hansard.

[b:a103efd1fa]vaidya wrote:

and sorry, just to understand, at age 19 CH had claimed to you to have been trained in kung fu and had been living in tibet? did he demonstrate any skills in this area? did you think it was just a lie or fantasy at the time or did you take him seriously?

[/b:a103efd1fa]
In answer to your question: I thought that Christopher’s claims regarding living in Tibet and being trained in Kung Fu were fantasy. It was the mid 1970’s – the things he claimed about himself seemed to be loosely based on the role played by David Carradine in a popular television series. I am not an expert, but I do not feel he showed any proficiency in Kung Fu, except in mimicry.
I referred to his claim that he had been living in Tibet before attending Selwyn College because it is in conflict with how he claims he received his medical training. There appears to be no mention of his going to Tibet as a teenager in his biography.

In my last posting, I stated that Christopher never mentioned receiving private tuition and that he never mentioned an ‘Urgen Nam Chuk’. This was in response to Mariah’s posting on 17/1/2007:
[b:a103efd1fa]

Dorje, if you know people in NZ who have been hurt by him, do you also know what school he attended and during what years? If none of his classmates knew of his supposed teacher, then the story falls apart because he says that his school buddies knew of his extra teachings outside of school.

[b:a103efd1fa]Dorje wrote:

Dear Lorenzetti, it was good to have some input from you. You seem unsure whether or not to say more. I, like you, also felt sympathy for Christopher but lost it as I saw the harm he was doing. It is difficult to stop people like him.

I feel that things were told to me in confidence. I do not, therefore, want to go into details, except to say that Christopher has lied about his parents and his background. He seems to have done this in order to create a more plausible story with regards to how he received his medical training.
I feel very uncomfortable posting this information on an open forum. To reiterate, I am only doing it because Christopher has abused people’s trust. I think he should be stopped from practicing and feel I am someone who can verify that his claims regarding his medical training are false.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: February 08, 2007 12:12AM

Thank you. Your sincerity is much appreciated. If you want to do more I think Pema is a good contact.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: pema ()
Date: February 08, 2007 01:04AM

Thanks Dorje for sticking up for me. A couple of people on this board seem to be very cynical. I am on holiday at the moment and writing from an internet cafe. I will be back at my own PC after 16 Feb. FYI -- When I was investigating CH a few years ago I tried several times to make contact with him to answer the allegations against him. He never responded. I´d like to thank everyone who is partcipating in this forum for providing invaluable personal experience and information. The shield of anonymity is useful in this context.
Cheers
Pema

Current Page: 14 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.