Re: Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Chris_Farmer ()
Date: May 31, 2008 07:15PM

Dear thewayishere

Re your posting 27/5/08: 12:23: Forum page 103:

My original reply to you disappeared. Now that my postings are getting through I can reply with the benefit of hindsight.

I suspect that if you were in my position and discovered that complete strangers had posted your personal details on a forum and various blogs and had then engaged in a series of vitriolic untrue attacks attempting to link you to an individual who is allegedly a fraudster and abuser then you would also go to whatever lengths necessary to defend yourself.

Here comes the hindsight bit - do you know what it is like to wake up every morning and the first thing that comes into your mind is - I wonder what lies those people (that is not the word that comes into my mind but I have no wish to annoy the moderator) have written about me while I was sleeping?

I was alerted to the postings about me last Saturday so that is how I have woken up for the past 7 days. I sincerely hope that you never have to endure such a situation but I can assure you that it is emotionally and physically draining to the extent that I am now taking time away from my work - with consequent financial loss - in order to focus on clearing my name.

I have been taught that while accepting this situation as karma it is likely that my actions in defending myself with whatever consequences that may have for the perpetrators of these attacks is their karma. So I will not accept these attacks like some lamb going to slaughter but will defend myself with every resource at my disposal.

I hope this explains my ongoing involvement.

Chris

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cranial ()
Date: May 31, 2008 07:33PM

Yes, I know. However, that site and its details are so out of date it's unbelievable!!

Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 31, 2008 08:30PM

Agree, even though they were informed about the bogus nature of Mr.Hansard's 'medical' claims.

Date: May 31, 2008 09:32PM

A point of clarification. There is no 'allegedly' at all about the fact that Christopher Hansard is a fraudster. As evidenced by the following points:

1) Dur-Bon is an archaic traditional practice which does not involve medicine or healing whatsoever.

2) There, is amongst the traditional and authentic Tibean Bon tradition no recognition or practise of 'Dur-Bon'

3) Written and spoken Tibetan is required to learn, and achieve a full understanding of genuine Tibetan medicine, Hansard is fluent in neither.

4) The so-called 'Tibetan Bon Community', which Hansard claimed predicted his birth, is completely unknown to the actual Tibetan Bon Community.

5) The teacher Hansard claimed came from the remote wilds of Amdo would be most unlikely to have learned sufficient English, to tutor a four-year old New Zealand boy in the complex mysteries of Tibetan medicine.

6) Based upon a reasonable estimation of Hansard's age, his supposed Tibetan 'teacher' would have been required to obtain travel authorization from the Communist Chinese Regime, during a period when Tibet was sealed-off from the outside world, and religious persecution and cultural destruction was being visited upon Tibetans. This is highly unlikely.

7) The 'tribe' Hansard claims his 'teacher' came from, the so-called Ngam, is completely unknown to Tibetan Bon scholars and does not appear as a clan name on authentic Tibetan Bon texts.

8) The name Hansard gives as his 'teacher', 'Urgyen' is not a Tibetan-Bon name, its is a Tibetan Buddhist name, closely linked to the Nyingmapa tradition.

9) There is no correspondence of "twelve teachings", which Hansard describes, within the traditional and genuine native religion of Tibetan Bon.

10) The so-called 'Northern Treasure School' Hansard claims as his 'lineage' is in fact not a school at all, but is based upon texts found in the Northern part of Tibet.

11) Not a single individual has been able to provide objctive and verifiable information to corroborate any aspect of Hansard's claims. Moreover a number of 'reviewers' of his books have proved to be Hansard's fictitious creations, as demonstrated by the singular lack of proof concerning their claimed identity, career, and location.

12) Hansard's claims to be Physician of Tibetan medicine were exposed (in an affidavit) as completely misleading and baseless, by Doctor Barry Clark an internationally respected and qualified Doctor of Tibetan medicine .

As to the reports of abuse, they have appeared on this website, from former clients and associates of Hansard's, and we have been informed that material was presented to both Witness Against Abuse and London Metropolitan Police. No doubt with time further testimony will emerge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2008 09:33PM by jeff bowe.

Date: May 31, 2008 10:10PM

Further to the Hansard's deceptions......

His 'borrowing' of Oriah Mountaindreamer's work, in which he presented it as some sort of Tibetan Bon ritual, was considered as plagiarism by the author and her publishers, whose response forced him to post an 'apology' on his website.

Christoper Hansard was further threatened with legal action by a Doctor Egbert Asshauer for mis-using that author's copyrighted words. Hansard in an email correspondence to me (dated 22nd May 2006) states:

"Further you have chosen to ignore his (sic) Holiness the Dalai Lama’s comments about me and my tradition:

“I think that Christopher Hansard is a fresh branch on this ancient tree of medicine. It has made me happy to see how effortlessly this young, well educated British man has brought an oral system of traditional practices from Central Asia into harmony with modern thought of medicine."

His Holiness The Dalai Lama in the book 'Remain Healthy with Medical Arts of Tibet' by Dr Egbert Asshauer translated from the German, published by Triass."

Asshauer's actual words as they appear in his work are as follows:

“I think, also Christopher Hansard is a fresh shoot on this age-old tree and it brings me joy, how easily this young, but well qualified Englander harmonizes old and oral traditional healing practices from Central Asia with modern medical thinking. Also he carries out precisely what the Dalai Lama demands in the following interview: to introduce new ideas in the Tibetan medicine."

This glowing portrait, later singularly revised by Asshauer in a communication to me, is in stark contrast to the experiences and observations of a former associate of Hansard's.

“Rest assured that there are individuals that were closely associated with Christopher Hansard and have first hand knowledge of his gross sexual misconduct, lack of integrity and compassion who are watching this site. I personally have no fear to tell my story to stop any other woman being abused by him. This cannot continue to happen and he (Christopher Hansard) cannot continue to practice. He can not be trusted to be alone with female patients or students. Any medical doctor would be struck off for just one of the incidents I am aware of.” (posting dated 31/05/07 by 'Cirrus')

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2008 10:18PM by jeff bowe.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 31, 2008 10:27PM

Chris_Farmer:

Not all of your posts were approved as many were redundant and some were off topic.

No posts will be removed per your request.

The best antidote to free speech is more free speech.

You have responded to the posts about you, which is your right.

Moderators are not watching and approving posts 24-hours a day, seven days a week.

People sleep, there are different time zones and weekends.

Your posts will be approved if they are within the rules of the board and not needlessly redundant.

There have been very serious complaints posted about Hansard and it seems to fair to say that he is a controversial with growing suspicion about his background, training and credentials.

Date: May 31, 2008 11:20PM

Jeff

All the points you have listed here are repetitions of points you've raised before - just because you are repeating them over and over and over again does not make them true. There is no published evidence anywhere to suggest that you have any knowledge of Tibetan culture and your list with one exception contains no corroborating evidence to support your claims.

The one exception is the reference to Dr Barry Clark who is extremely well qualified. However I suspect that he has never suggested that he is knowledgeable about every single oral tradition that has ever existed in Tibet. We are talking about a country that is larger than Western Europe. It appears that formal Tibetan has only existed for some 1,400 years whereas Bon, according to some sources, is in excess of 15,000 years old and acredited historians and academics would appear to have very little understanding of Bon during a very large part that time.

As I have said before if you have information about Bon that has not been discovered by any other researchers then you are really under a moral obligation to publish your findings.

As for your final paragraph and references to the police - if all the allegations found in this forum have any real supporting evidence then why haven't the police arrested CH? Could it be that the evidence - if any - does not support the allegations?

Chris

Date: May 31, 2008 11:26PM

Jeff

Once again you succeed in confusing me.

Your posting clearly indicates that Dr Asshauer - at least at some point - believed that CH's qualifications were genuine which seems to puncture some of your allegations. Unless of course you are suggesting that Dr Asshauer cannot be relied upon; in which case what is the point of quoting him at all?

Chris

Posted by: HDM ()
Date: June 01, 2008 02:03AM

I checked the site of Best Alternative Practitioners in London that Jeff gave us the link for and CH is still listed at the old King's Rd site. I wrote the fellow who maintains or built the site to his address and it bounced. The john.trueman@virgin etc email 'does not exist, says my Yahoo. Is the whole website up in fossil format? Does it exist unmanned and unloved in perpetuity? His name is there are The Best but the whole site seems obsolete. Anyone local in London be able to give advice?

BTW Mariac, you sound a bit shock-y or having post traumatic feelings. You describe yourself as disoriented and upset and certainly you should take yourself to a sympathetic kind female therapist (eg phsychotherapist or counselor of some sort) and get back into yourself. Come home to your body. He's an idiot but don't let that blow you out of the water. Sorry that we got sidetracked in all these other wranglings. Your situation is exactly why we want this twit investigated (hopefully with extreme prejudice). Be well and don't try to go it alone.

Heather

Date: June 01, 2008 04:19AM

Heather, I think you maybe correct regarding that site, but there is another health-based organisation behind it, which I have also previously approached

[www.juice-fast-detox.co.uk]

perhaps others may wish to make contact with a view to alerting them ot the fraudulent claims of Mr.Hansard.

Concerning the advice offered by the Moderator, and echoed by Heather, I agree entirely. The debate should focus on the issues; the disturbing accounts of abuse that has been reported on this forum and Hansard's cynical exploitation and misrepresentation of Tibetan Bon medicine, which lest we forget was central to his troubling activities, and no doubt attracted considerable numbers of clients, some of whom stated here that they were subject to Hansard's odious excesses.

It is regrettable that some have indulged in personal attacks and misrepresentation, one can only conclude this has been a deliberate evasion to avoid addressing the outstanding questions which still remain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.