Re: Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: May 27, 2008 04:08AM

Real-name-gone
Dear Dorje I take your point, though given CH record could it not be that he took the information from Tibetanway or they both obtained there inspiration from the same source?

No, I can say with a clear heart that I am not a stakeholder, I hope you will accept that in good faith. I make that comment because JB has been asked about his connections with CH several times and has never replied. As for asking CF about the people he represents, have you not heard of client confidentiality?

If this is associated with CH it will fail when we achive our aim. CH had called himself a 'physician' he should be judged as such and should be subjected to the same malpractice laws as any other physician registered in the uk. That is my standpoint, in his books and first web site he called himself a 'master physician'... treat his unlaful actions in that light.

James

James, I do acknowledge your continuing effort to bring Hansard to justice. I'm glad you see just how much overlap there is between tibetanway and Christopher Hansard's product range. I included just a few examples but actually the entire range of tibetanway's 'health programme' products is identical to that of Christopher Hansard.

I have no doubt that there is a strong connection between tibetanway and either Christopher Hansard or his associates. Chris Farmer has so far done nothing to discourage this line of thinking.

I think it is clear that Christopher Hansard and associates are very much in business as usual and the abused, traumatised, ripped-off and confused they leave behind are merely collateral damage.

To those who do feel ripped-off, confused, abused or traumatised through their dealings with Hansard and friends I would still recommend giving a statement to the police, to 'witness against abuse; or to the local authorities. These statements will add to the weight of those already gathered. They do not disappear.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: May 27, 2008 04:32AM

I quote Chris Farmer from his posting on Jeff Bowe's blog:

'I have explained that I am a freelance developer - I am not the owner of the tibetanway.co.uk site

'I am not responsible for the content of this site - that is provided by my clients which is the normal relationship between the devloper and the website owners.

'I am not in a position to comment on my clients - firstly as a matter of client confidentiality and secondly because I do not interogate my clients as to their education; training; etc so even if I had permission from the clients to discuss this matter with you I would not be able to provide you with the information that you are requesting as I simply don't know.'

I would hope that he has visited [www.archive.org], a wonderful site that archives pages from the internet. If he goes to the 'wayback machine' part and types in 'christopherhansard.com' he will find an archive of pages from that website before it became a waffle blog.

I'm sure he too will find it quite fascinating to see how much there is in common between the products offered there and their descriptions and the content he is being asked to work with for his tibetanway clients. He might understand just why, having ploughed through this forum about Christopher Hansard, some of us might take issue with his site.

I would really recommend that readers here use wayback machine to check the archive for 'bonmedicine.com' too just to put some of the comments on this website in perspective. You might notice interesting issues around dates - such as how the content disappears from Hansard's sites as it builds up here and on Jeff Bowes sites. I'm sure you will draw your own conclusions as to why that might be.

Accepting that Chris Farmer may well be no more than the freelance developer for tibetanway I must salute him for going the extra mile in support of his clients. I look forward to finding out who they.

Posted by: thewayishere ()
Date: May 27, 2008 06:23AM

I am at a loss to understand why a freelance web developer would go to so much trouble to defend and protect their client, registering,logging in, checking messages about one website and who does or does not own it. It seems above and beyond the call of duty. I would love to know more

Date: May 27, 2008 06:27AM

Dont web developers/designers have a responsibility to make sure that the website they are effectively putting their name to, that they want to be associated with for future work is owned/run by someone with credentials? if they did not, well its hardly a great recommendation for future work? It would be like designing a website for someone wanting to sell a cure for cancer without checking if this person actually has a legitimate product. Do you see where I am going with this?

Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 27, 2008 06:41AM

Chris Farmer has kindly added further comments on [christopherhansard.blogspot.com] do please stop by and appraise yourself of his position concerning the speculation and concern surrounding Tibetan Way. Meanwhile, here is Chris's response (featured below in RED with emphasis added) to the questions I presented, I am most grateful for his taking the time to furnish such revealing information:

"At which Tibetan Medical Institute did Tibetan Way, or individuals associated with it, study Tibetan medicine?"

Answer: I don't know I am only a freelance developer and not privy to that information.

"What did the course syllabus comprise of?"

Answer: I don't know I am only a freelance developer and not privy to that information.

"Which dates did any empoyee or associate of Tibetan Way (or individuals asociated with it) study Tibetan medicine at such an institute?"

"What was the name of Tibetan Doctors who administered and taught either Tibetan Way, or any persons asociated with it?"

"Can Tibetan Way provide any qualification or certification documenting that it (or persons associated with it) received an authentic and formal course of study in Tibetan medicine at a recognised Tibetan institue of medicine?"

"Will he, or others asociated with Tibetan Way, please make publicly available a formal written statement affirming that Christopher Hansard has no past, current or potential future involvement with Tibetan Way?"

Answer: I have already stated here, and in the Forum, that CH is not involved with Tibetan Way. That reply is effectively in writing and the forum is a public place so why do you keep asking the same question? What do you expect me to do to make this anymore public? Waste my time and money taking out full page adverts in every national newspaper or producing a 30 second advert for all the TV channels?

Curiously it would appear that Chris perceives my enquiries and speculation about Tibetan Way, and its possible association with Christopher Hansard as harrassment and has suggested that he may well take the matter up with the Police. If that is the case there is a sadness that Chris may have allowed, possibly personal feelings, to cloud his intelligence, experience and understanding? Well,for the record please note that I hold no malice or ill-feeling towards your person whatsover, my efforts have simply been to make speculative enquiries and contribute to the discussion and concerns which have been raised regarding Tibetan Way. Specifically whether it has any recognised qualification or authentic training in Tibetan medicine. Moreover, like others on this forum I am most curious to examine what, if any, is the relationship between Tibetan Way and Christopher Hansard? To that end my enquiries have speculated upon such themes and presented relevant, reasonable and important questions, which it would appear from your response above, you are unable to address. Apart that is from your assertion that Hansard has no association with Tibetan Way.

While your efforts to respond to such enquiries have been acknowledged and welcomed, with respect they do not of themslves constitute formal, definitive or verifiable information, which is why there is a vacuum filled by continuing speculation. hence my appeal that you and/or Tibetan Way provide a formal statement on Christopher Hansard and written evidence of its credentials in Tibetan medicine.

I am confident you will appreciate that this matter will not simply recede into the mists, there is too much interest and concern for that to happen, nor will such enquiry be deflected or diluted by those who may seek to misrepresent, what is a reasonable and legitimate speculation, as some form of defamation. As I have stated on this forum and elsewhere I would welcome an opportunity to examine, under the full and enquiring glare of legal scrutiny and media publicity, the claims and activities of Christopher Hansard. Who knows what may be disclosed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 06:45AM by jeff bowe.

Date: May 27, 2008 06:55AM

I doubt the defintion of a formal written statement would include a website forum, where the identity of those people is non verifiable ( as is the nature of a forum and is therefore right to be so) and where the recipients are those who log into the forum. Perhaps considering the controversy around CH and this is very real controversy as to his ethics if there are police files open on him amid complaints of him abusing his patients made to WITNESS, perhaps considering this the web developer would be wise to advise his client for Tibetan Way to add a disclaimer to the website, making clear that there is no link to CH or any of his associates including SW with any of the products for sale. That seems good business sense for a web based business that seems to have some overlaps with CH's products.It would also ensure CH would be happy there was no infringement of copyright, as his oddly worded email didnt seem too happy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 06:56AM by thewayishere.

Date: May 27, 2008 05:48PM

A note to let folks know that Chris Farmer has posted an interesting response on the blog

[christopherhansard.blogspot.com]

If you had the responsibility for the creation and maintenance of a website and it came to your attention that there were some serious questions concerning an individual who was being speculatively associated with that site, what would be a natural and logical course of action? If that person had been fraudulently presenting himself as Physician of Tibetan medicine, and had created a bogus account of his 'training' and supposed 'system', which had been thoroughly exposed as a cynical deception, Would you not wish to make it cear to the public that your website, your company, which coincidently also featured Tibetan medicine, had no association (formal or otherwise) with such an individual, whose activities and false claims had attracted negative publicity? As 'thewayishere' has rightly suggested a simple yet reasonable solution would be for Tibetan Way to place prominently upon its websites, a disclaimer making clear that its services and products are not to be confused, and have no connection with Christopher Hansard. Morever it would, in light of the widespread concerns surrounding Mr.Hansard serve the puposes of accountability and transparency, as well as comprising sound ethical business practice, to make clear to the site's visitors, and hence potential customers, what specific and relevant qualifications, experience and training qualified the company to prepare Tibetan medical products.

Given Chris Farmer's determination to convince people Christopher Hansard is not involved with Tibetan Way, perhaps in the unfortunate absence of any formal written statement to that effect, he would agree that such an addition the website would be a positive gesture and welcome clarification? Surely Tibetan Way itself would wish to place blue-water between its operations and those of disgraced former self-titled 'Thunder Being'?

Meanwhile, I wonder if the website administrator of Tibetan Way would kindly offer some information about an interesting element of HTML code which seems (at the time of writing) to be virtually restricted to those pages of Tibetan Way selling supposed Tibetan medical products? I refer to the Author Meta Tags (viewable on page source) which are as follows:

<meta name="author" content="shedrup.ngaro.co.uk">

Does this refer to Chris Famer's website business? Which may be found at:

[www.shedrup.ngaro.co.uk]

I would like to ask Chris, if he would as a courtesy, inform us why he uses this supposedly Tibetan sounding name on those pages of Tibetan Way relating to what is claimed to be Tibetan medicine? It's a curious inconsistency, and to those who have been following Christoper Hanard's Dur-Con activities, may well generate further speculation about the coincidental adoption of Tibetan names and possible connections between Hansard and Tibetan Way?

Chris, any clarfication on this matter would be most welcome.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 06:05PM by jeff bowe.

Date: May 28, 2008 12:14AM

Dear Moderator, Fellow Contributors and Visitors,

Chris Farmer is posting his response to various comments made here via the blog on Tibetan Way, I have posted up a link via

[christopherhansard.blogspot.com]

He claims that his contributions to this Forum are not being are not being featured and has requested me to copy them here. I have advised him to approach RR directly, as I am neither a rapporteur or plenipotentiary, both positions of course inviting confusion, misunderstanding and accusations of censorship.

Anyone wishing to note his remarks is respectfully requested to visit the blog above and click on the link.

Posted by: mariac ()
Date: May 28, 2008 03:59AM

sparrow
I met Christopher Hansard a couple of times. I found he had a strange brooding intensity. He seemed to me, very arrogant with a massive ego. I was quite shocked at how confrontational and rude he was. Then when he had established that I was not a threat to hs authority and knowledge, he switched and was completely charming!

I walked away not really knowing what to think. I cant comment about the various allegations in this thread. I just don't know. I did hear some disturbing rumours.

The internet is a wonderful thing in many ways, because we have the freedom to say exactly what we like. Unfortunately it also means people can hide behind a screen name, and are then free to say things that would normally be classed as defamation. I have seen some good people mercilessly slagged off in forums on a whole range of subjects.

On the other hand, when people are scared of repercussions and cannot speak out in their normal situation the anonymity is perhaps a good thing.

Let it be safe to say that if he has done the things some say, then Karma will catch him, in this life or the next. Abuse of spiritual power is a terrible thing and I believe within the Tibetan spiritual traditions there are some wrathful beings who might well call someone in for an "interview without coffee" if they are guilty of such abuses.

The martial arts connection:

I was interested to read Lorenzettis comments that he was claiming to train in Kung Fu when he was younger.

I dont know if the readers of this forum are knowledgeable about the martial arts. Martial arts can broadly be divided in to "internal" and "external" External arts train you in distance, timing, leverage, strength, stamina etc. Very much like western boxing. Internal arts train you to open the energy channels of the body and store and transmit large amounts of energy (Chi in Chinese arts, Ki in Japanese, Prana in Indian / Tibetan etc) an internal martial artist can discharge massive amounts of energy in to the body of their oponent causing massive physical and energetic damage if they so wish.

The three best known Chinese internal arts are Tai Chi Chuan, Ba Gua Chang and Hsing I Chuan.

I know that a very respected internal arts teacher (I will not mention his name as I am certain that he would not wish to be in any way associated with CH) went to train with CH in an esoteric Tibetan martial art he was calling "Lung Ta" (whether this actually exists or not I dont know) During his training he experienced incredable psychic "hits" to his system and had experiences of reality breaking down. From all accounts he was rather freaked out and thus stopped training with CH and went back to his previous system.

This is interesting as it might be relatively easy to pretend to have all sorts of psychic and healing abilities. Any new age fair will show you that! However it would be much more difficult to fool an already accomplished martial artist that you are yourself are a high end practitioner. The man defiantely has some sort of ability.

Maybe (and this is pure guess work) he found a Chinese internal arts teacher when young in NZ (More likely to find a Chinese person fleeing communist China I would have thought historically) and through Chi Kung type practices developed the powers he has demonstated.

An account of this martial arts angle can be found in:

"Esoteric Warriors" by Alex Kozma 1998 ISBN: 1 874250 95 2. Chapter 7.

It does not mention CH by name but refers to "the man who brought the art to Britain" It then relates the story of Urgyen Gnam Chak etc... (p88)

To quote from p 83.

"When I met my Tibetan style teacher in 1987 he told me to attack him, and as I did so I found myself becoming very emotional. I began crying. I didnt expect this at all because I was a trained fighter and very confident. He had the ability to work on a seemingly non physical level, to cut through my attack in a way that exposed my core feelings. His art was Lung Ta , and the tribe that was noted for this art in Tibet were famed for the emotional damage they would do to an opponent. What they would leave in the end was an emotionally wrecked person"

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has experience of this CH martial arts angle and in fact whether Lung Ta exists as a system or is something totally fabricated.

All the best

S

I dont know about this. I know I had had and still do have a really rough time away from him. I feel psychically attacked and drained and my mind feels all foggy. My heart races and my stomach gets in knots. Its horrible. If anyone knows a way to rid oneself of his energy that seems to have latched onto me? Sometimes I just feel like I am going crazy and wish his energy would go away.

Date: May 28, 2008 06:47AM

What a coincidence, Hansard issues a statement on Tibetan Way

[www.bonmedicine.com]

Of course one wonders why the former 'thunder-being' has come out with this whilst Tibetan Way has declined, thus far, to issue any official and formal statement affirming that Hansard is not involved.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.