Re: Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Elizabeth Newton ()
Date: May 02, 2008 09:49AM

Hi Sparrow

I don't know who instructed CH in New Zealand. What I do know is that - at the time I knew him, anyway - he professed absolutely no connection with Tibet or any Eastern disciplines. He was associated with Builders of the Adytum, a hermetic group which is a sort of latter-day offshoot of the Golden Dawn. Then as now, there were flashes of evidence of knowledge, shrouded by inconsistencies and mythologies. If you want to read my fullest statement about him it's on page 88. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. We really need some more people from his early days who knew him for longer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sparrow ()
Date: May 03, 2008 12:45AM

Ah thanks Elizabeth,

Thats very interesting.

Many energetic practices are very beneficial if they are done correctly, however if they are done wrong or without proper instruction or preparation then they can lead to physical and psychic damage and mental instability.

There are types of Kundalini practice in the yogic traditions and "fire" techniques in the neo-Taoist tradition that can literally send you psychotic if done too much, incorrectly or at the wrong time.

Whats interesting here is that the western occult tradition has a bit of a reputation for unbalanced energy development practices that can send you loopy. (for example "middle pillar" exercises and certain Kabbalistic techniques) Look what happened to Aleister Crowley!

I wonder if this is what happened to CH. Its food for thought anyway.

S

Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 04, 2008 04:21AM

I am at a loss to understand, what appears to be a requirement of thinking, that seeks to explain Hansard's odious activities as having some form of 'esoteric' origin, his ability to manipulate, deceive, and exploit are all too human traits. Such consideration merely adds another layer of fabrication and myth upon a very flawed and self-obsessed individual.

Date: May 04, 2008 11:55PM

Well Jeff,

I agree that to be manipulative, deceptive and exploitative one doesnt have to have any psychic or esoteric ability at all, and these traits don't necessarily have to come from incorrect esoteric practice.

I am genuinely interested as to what conditions create a person like CH whether psychological or otherwise.

I take it perhaps that you possibly don't believe in psychic phenomenon or energetic ability ?

The reason I have looked at the esoteric angle is that a number of the posters in this thread have experienced altered perceptions and energetic experiences around the guy. Sometimes in a rather mind blowing way. If you add this to my comments about the internal arts teachers' experience, it would suggest that he as some sort of ability and if he wasnt just born with it then it must have come from some form of spiritual or energetic practice.

Please dont missunderstand me. I am not trying to "add to his myth" or give him any credability. Just because someone may have developed a certain ability doesnt mean they are not manipulative, deceptive or exploitative. Or indeed, a very poor example of a human being.

Its not to dispute the morality of his actions (if these accusations are true) its merely examining the tools he uses to carry out those actions.

Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: May 05, 2008 01:31AM

Sparrow ‘in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king’. The martial arts teacher you refer to was much younger and, perhaps, more impressionable when he met Hansard. If you are in the martial arts scene you could ask the opinion of his teacher in California who met and quickly rejected Hansard as a fraud.

Hansard met similar rejection from various skilled martial artists he approached as they practiced in Holland Park. His rlung ta was just a variation on ba kua and put to the test his practice quickly disintegrated.

There are many drugs and herbs that can be used to induce ‘reality breakdown’.

The success of conmen and fraudsters is based on their skill in recognising the gullible and quickly rejecting those who see through them. Nobody likes to be thought of as gullible although it is a very common quality. Most people will invent some way to cover the fact that they have been conned.

Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 05, 2008 05:31AM

Dorje, I agree with your comments, and such a process would seem to have been applied with particular detail by Hansard.

Sparrow, some previous contributors have claimed 'experiences', however these are individual perceptions, influenced by a number of subjective forces, which in themselves fail to demonstrate any inherent 'abilities' of Hansard whatsover. Perhaps it speaks volumes for the thinking, hopes and projections of those who, unwittingly or consciously, contributed towards the inflated myth that was the Master of Dur-Con..

Date: May 06, 2008 02:35AM

Thanks Dorje for your comments.

I think I know exactly who you mean. And if that individual rejected CH as a fraud then that pretty much answers my question.

All the best

S.

Date: May 10, 2008 04:55PM

Mind you I would love to hear the tale in more detail about when CH met B and also the Holland park practitioners. What happened ?

Posted by: mariac ()
Date: May 18, 2008 01:45AM

hello

I came across this site by accident and am really keen for someone, the moderator ? to please get back to me. I was a patient for a number of years- I dont want to say much now- but suffice to say there were times when he said and did things I wondered is this appropriate? I sometimes felt exposed, and sometimes felt he was being nasty for the sake of it....his behaviour would also totally change when others were around....and this made me suspicious. But because I came to him for help and bcse I resist change I thought well maybe its transference or maybe its me and now this has made me re- evaluate everything and that makes me feel physically sick. Having said all that the treatments worked, and helped me with medical conditions and emotional issues....so i am all to sea- is he a con artist and have i been a fool going around telling people who i met in pain to see this man.....or is he just the victim of a witch hunt bcse he may have annoyed some people/had an affair etc? Id love to chat in private about this- but until then, i shall wait for a reply. thank you

Posted by: mariac ()
Date: May 18, 2008 01:56AM

Hi Elizabeth

I wrote elsewhere on here- but reading your post you seem the most authoritative. I need some advice. I was a patient. I had times when I "felt" that he was lying-times when facts did not add up,times when he touched me and I felt odd about it and then later started wanting that connection and in so doing thought well it must be me- it must be transference. In my time with him I have had treatments that have helped me with medical conditions and then I wonder well where does he get that skill from...i have had times when i have seen his aura as black- but also times I have seen it as golden...i have seen a man who battles with his own personal demons, who at times helps me and at times challenges me......but reading all these posts- am i a fool? have i been conned out of money and my life basically while i trusted him with me, my dreams and my fears.....has my work with him led me to this? that it was all a lie? I just would like some answers, some guidance..........I thank you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.