Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: January 14, 2008 09:39PM

http://padmagonpo.blog.co.uk/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Christopher Hansard
Posted by: lorenzetti ()
Date: January 18, 2008 05:48PM

Pema,
I have been trying to send you a private message, but am unable to do so as your mailbox is full.

Re: Christopher Hansard - blog
Posted by: pema ()
Date: January 24, 2008 08:52PM

My Google Alert produced this y'day and 2day
Daily Meditation to Calm and Balance
By Christopher Hansard
Each day we wake from sleep not truly knowing what the day may bring, even though we have plans, routines and ambitions. We all seek security of being, but we can not be sure of what the day may bring. In a world of change, ...
Christopher Hansard - [www.blog.christopherhansard.com]

So it seems our naughty boy has set himself up as an internet guru. Reading through one or two of his offerings I have to agree with Dorje that his homespun advice is on the cliched end of the spectrum.

This seems likely to inflame another naughty boy -- Jeff Bowe -- who has now extended his Bon witch hunt to include a self-styled American Rinpoche called Padma Gonpo.
Hey ho...
Pema

Date: January 25, 2008 07:27AM

Posted by: Elizabeth Newton ()
Date: January 26, 2008 03:45PM

Ah well, at least it's free, albeit cheesy as hell. Shudder. As I recall he used to have a redeeming sense of irony.

Posted by: Elizabeth Newton ()
Date: January 26, 2008 08:07PM

Hi Lorenzetti

Thanks for your nice comments. I would like to hear more from you as we seem to be the only people on this forum who knew Chris back in the day.

Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: January 30, 2008 06:51AM

It would seem from the appearance of

[www.blog.christopherhansard.com]

that Christopher Hansard is desperate to be out in the world. I notice that he is promoting books by a well-known charlatan who goes by the same name so I assume that they are one and the same person.

Unfortunately, as of 27 January 2008, Christopher Hansard tells us nothing about himself apart from his pompous quasi-spiritual puffing.

On 27 January 2007 Christopher Hansard had this to say about himself on his website, www.bonmedicine.com:

‘His education was vast, spanning major surgery, 27 forms of acupuncture, 27 physiotherapies, 11 million herb combinations, 11 forms of psychological therapy and, 108 psychiatric practices. “I was taught a system of medicine whereby I could look at a plant substance and, based on instinct and extensive botanical training, would know how to use it, no matter where I was in the world”. Study of the Ancient Tibetan Dür Bön culture, herbs and acupuncture went side by side with a modern western education. By 13 he was preparing herbal remedies and observing treatments and at 18 he was eligible to practice medicine unattended. His training was considered "complete" at the age of 27 and he was then encouraged to travel the world. He lectured extensively in the USA and came to set up a practice in the UK in the early 90's’

(http://web.archive.org/web/20070205095524/www.bonmedicine.com/bio.htm

How strange that [www.blog.christopherhansard.com] makes no mention of such extraordinary claims. Why would that be?

Perhaps now that Christopher Hansard wants to talk to the world he might care to answer this question and address some of the issues raised on this forum. Page 46 offers a helpful summary by one who was ‘apprenticed’ to Christopher Hansard.

So Christopher Hansard, do you ever listen and respond or do you only ever do that same superficial and smarmy talk?

Pema, curiously I too was tempted to use the word ‘naughty’ to describe Christopher Hansard. However he is not naughty; he is bad. Let us not lose sight of the fact that he has hurt, abused, betrayed and cheated an awful lot of people.

Date: January 30, 2008 07:10AM

Well said Dorje!

Date: January 30, 2008 05:33PM

For once I agree with Jeff Bowe. The bad boy's blog seems rather sad to me. A pathetic whimper.
Pema

Date: February 06, 2008 05:44PM

How about this for purple prose? And an echo?

The heart cries and despairs, trembles and falters often in the cut and thrust of life’s challenges,

when we experience the greatest challenges, hurts, and degredations, when we feel our souls to be thrashed and destroy by circumstance,

when life hurts too much and we feel rootless and without a place to be or go, and the winds of change have turned to sleet, hail and driving rain,

From CH's blog via Google today Wed 06/02

Current Page: 91 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.