Current Page: 90 of 139
Re: Christopher Hansard
Posted by: lorenzetti ()
Date: December 04, 2007 01:34AM

Sorry Elizabeth - the Catherine I refer to in my last posting should of course be Elizabeth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: December 04, 2007 01:54AM

Posted in error

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2007 01:56AM by Dorje.

Posted by: josey ()
Date: December 28, 2007 11:38PM

does someone know about this site:

www.padmagonpo.com

it lists www.bonmedicine as a friend/link along with other authentic tibetan organisations(dalai lama)

Date: December 31, 2007 06:49AM

Well spotted Josey. The website was set up in August by Paul McDowell of Nexial Entertainment in Wisconsin, USA. It supports the work of Padma Gonpo Rinpoche who is said to be a Tibetan teacher of Bon. It looks a bit cheesy to me. Can’t be Hansard as he was always trying for classy. The link is probably random as bonmedicine.com is a bit of a dead dog.

padmagonpo
Posted by: pema ()
Date: January 02, 2008 12:49AM

It is indeed an exceedingly cheesy site and clearly designed as a money-making adventure. I say *ad*venture because I don't think it will achieve its objective. Kind of like an immature stab in the dark. Give it a whirl and see what happens. No resources, no style, no gravitas, no credibility. However one of their links took me to a site by a much more interesting character called John Vincent Bellezza. He bears the hallmarks of authenticity -- so it seems strange that he is allied with McDowell who most definitely doesn't. What do you know about McDowell Dorje? And his connection with our disreputable chum Hansard? Happy New Year...may it be charlatan free...

Re: padmagonpo
Date: January 05, 2008 05:50AM

No, I don't know any more about McDowell. His Nexial Entertainment site is very funny. I'm sorry that I mentioned the Rinpoche as googling his name now brings up this forum. My apologies for that. As I have said, I am sure that the links are simply there to lend credibility. Linking to Hansard is probably good for ratings these days even if his websites have nothing to say anymore.

Date: January 07, 2008 07:17AM

I received a google alert for 'Christopher Hansard' today. This is for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Rita Watson, who is described as 'a senior editor for an online medical magazine', has mentioned 'The Tibetan Power of Positive Healing' in an article dated 6 January 2008 for The Providence Journal.

She writes: ' the desire to get even or to blame is pervasive in break-ups. It seems that only in sitcoms do we find a model for lovers turned friends, as with Jerry Seinfeld and Elaine. However, Christopher Hansard, in The Tibetan Power of Positive Thinking, suggests a ritual for endings that promotes good feelings instead of anger and resentment, and offers opportunities for trying again or finding new love'.

Maybe someone should direct Rita Watson to the Rick Ross site.

Date: January 07, 2008 08:59AM

There is a site set up by Rita Watson called:
'Decision Making Tips. Your Life, Your Choices, Make the Right Decisions'.

New Beginnings
Rita January 6th, 2008
'My newest column for The Providence Journal is really about my wish for new beginnings and happy endings, in the face of evidence to the contrary. But it seemed as if the closer we came to the New Year, the more breaking up stories that I heard. It seemed that the anger would bubble over long after the champagne had gone flat. But a Tibetan thinking guru convinced me that the best advice that I might offer to couples comes from the belief that not all relationships are meant to last a lifetime. Nonetheless everyone should wish to celebrate the joy they shared while together and wish blessings to each as they move on. We will post the column in the morning'.

There is also reference to a newspaper article by Rita Watson called When Relationships End, A Tibetan Ritual for Healing.

Rita Watson
Posted by: pema ()
Date: January 07, 2008 05:21PM

Hi Lorenzetti,
My Google alert picked that one up too. I checked it and got the impression that Rita talks pretty good sense. I was tempted to direct her here, but something made me hold back. Perhaps it had to do with not wishing to destroy a useful manifestation. Dunno -- maybe I'm going soft in my old age...
Happy 2008
Pema

Re: Christopher Hansard.
Date: January 08, 2008 07:06AM

Pema.
If Rita Watson cites Christopher Hansard in a newspaper article published yesterday, then it suggests she is unaware of the doubts surrounding his authenticity. I think, therefore, she should be warned that Christopher's claims regarding his training, for example, are false. Barry Clark's statement probably provides the best evidence for this.
I am not sure how to contact her, but am working on it.
I was particularly worried because in the Providence Journal article where Rita Watson refers to Christopher's book, she writes:

'I asked the good professor, “When relationships come to an end, do you think men and women should follow the Tibetan ritual of forgiveness, celebrating the love they once shared, and then letting go?” He simply rolled his eyes and hummed Paul Simon’s “50 Ways to Leave Your Lover,”'

Does anyone know where Christopher is? I hope he isn't in the US and in the process of re-establishing himself.

Dorje.
Did you get my personal message? My mailbox doesn't seem to be sending anything.

Current Page: 90 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.