Current Page: 85 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: July 23, 2007 05:59PM

Efforts to further expose, the claims and activities of Christopher Hansard continue, I am happy to report that yet another website has decided to withdraw its association with the [i:0d79f4ac46]Master of Dur Con[/i:0d79f4ac46]

[christopherhansard.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: July 25, 2007 05:36AM

A forum is being organised in London for anyone who has had direct experience of abuse in any form from Christopher Hansard. If you would like to attend please contact me using the private messaging service on this forum.

I notice that the petition supporting the man has stalled at 34 signatories. Oops.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Cranial ()
Date: July 25, 2007 08:19PM

Well, well. What a turn up for the books.

My post has just been delivered and in it there is a letter from Christopher Hansard no less. Would you believe that he is still practicing? He has set-up at 6, Lower Grosvenor Place in London, as the lease at King's Road ended.

"Hello,

I am writing to let you know my change of practice and telphone number, as at one time you were a patient or client.

Our former lease on the King's Road has ended and I have relocated to Lower Grosvenor Place in Victoria. My partner and I designed the new location together, combining her artistic expertise with some practical suggestions from some of my current patients. The clinic's atmosphere provides a more intimately beautiful, relaxed and peaceful surrounding. We are also within walking distance from Victoria Station, St. James Park, Victoria Square and of course some rather regal neighbours.

This letter also serves as an opportunity for me to share with you some rather surprising challenges I have had to face recently. A negative website questioning both me personally as well as the way in which I practice began late last year. The manner in which this was presented was enough to affect me and my family and everyone close to me, inevitably creating an impact upon my practice. This only served to strengthen my resolve to continue to offer the best care I can, to improve and to connect with my patients. After writing three books, I wanted to simplify my life and to focus solely on my patients, therefore I made the decision to discontinue teaching and to dismiss staff. This was done to create a more personable and compassionate healing experience.

As always, I am here. If you need treatment, health or lifestyle advice, please contact me at the above number. I welcome your suggestions and please continue to refer your friends, family or colleagues to me. They will be most welcome.

If you wish to discuss anything, feel free to come and see me or contact me at [b:2c24993ed4][moderator's edit: don't post email addresses][/b:2c24993ed4]

I humbly hope that you experience with me has been positive and healing and that this may continue to be so in the future.

Sincerely yours

Christopher Hansard
Physician of Tibetan Dur Bon Medicine"

Seems I had a lucky escape then doesn't it?

Any comments anyone? Seems dreadful that he is still practicing though and this seems like clutching at staws to me.

Christopher Hansard
Date: July 25, 2007 11:04PM

Should this be correct, and in the [i:6349802060]Master of Dur Con's[/i:6349802060] world one has come to expect deception, it would not be entirely surprising. Main point to bear is that an effective challenge can be made, in that regard I think Dorje's posting, regarding a meeting is an excellent idea. Meanwhile, efforts to further expose Christopher Hansard's fraudulent claims shall continue, wherever he resides!

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: bec ()
Date: July 26, 2007 01:48AM

I only ended up at this forum as a result of a letter addressed to my mother who has been dead for over 5 years arriving on my door step this afternoon.

In the early nineties I visited Chris with my mother on numerous occasions at a clinic on Adam & Eve Mews off High Street Ken. At the time I would have been about 9 or 10 years old and even from this very young age I got a very negative feeling from him.

He was aware from an early stage that my mother was depressed and had been for much of her life but rather than take action he only preyed on that. She had an eating disorder and was as a result concerned about my weight and he compounded the situation by telling her she was right and that I was seriously overweight and his treatments could help. Though he offered her a discount as a single parent on a low income which to her seemed like a godsend it seemed to me even at that young age like deception, and manipulation of a person suffering from serious mental health issues.

I could go on but this was over 12 years ago and the only people I know who had any dealings with him are no longer alive. That is not to say that he caused those deaths but maybe his infinite wisdom and compassionate charging structure could have done a little more for those people.

I really do hope that in the future Chris is held to account for his manipulation, deception and abuse of vulnerable ill people.

A final thought does anyone know if when he worked in Kensington whether the clinic was actually run by him? I only ask as I wonder how he still has my home address on file and am wondering if there is some kind of data protection issue involved in the transfer of my information between his numerous insolvent companies.

If you have any questions or would like a person to discuss this on the record please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Bec

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: July 26, 2007 06:00AM

Thank you, Cranial, for that very important information.

Thank you Bec for your contribution. You might like to contact ‘Witness’ as every voice helps.

[www.witnessagainstabuse.org.uk]

You can email them or call the helpline on 08454 500 300

As we see Christopher Hansard and his backers continue without remorse. Judging from the ‘Defend Christopher Hansard Petition’ he has 35 clients supporting his new venture.

Here is a quote from the anonymous person who first signed and probably started the ‘Defend Christopher Hansard Petition’:

‘Christopher Hansard has helped far more people than he has apparently harmed. Albeit that some of his less orthodox methods have not endeared him to everyone. He has proven himself oh so human, yet no less human and no more fallible than the rest of us. The disappointment that some are obviously feeling at the realisation of this is NOT insurmountable. It is time for healing now, for forgiveness and looking towards the future. Let the voice of those in this petition speak for themselves. In light.’

Does this statement indicate some degree of acceptance of the harm referred to by contributors to this thread?

Do those ‘less orthodox methods’ include those abuses summarised by Kurukulla at page 46 of this thread?

I for one am sure that Hansard’s behaviour is actually much less human and much more fallible than most of us. Thankfully most medical practitioners are much more human, much less fallible and much more moral than Hansard.

I am certain that many of Hansard’s victims suffered a lot more than mere ‘disappointment’.

When the author of that petition talks of forgiveness and looking towards the future who is it she refers to – his victims or herself?

The ‘Defend Christopher Hansard Petition’ author says in the introduction:

‘Some time ago a gentleman by the name of Jeffrey Bowes wrote Christopher Hansard a letter questioning the teachings and the manner in which they were passed down to Christopher. Christopher replied to Mr. Bowes, but his explanation was deemed insufficient and ever since then Mr. Bowes has contacted and repeatedly harassed any who have supported, promoted, or benefited from their acquaintance with Christopher Hansard, both in the past, and present, and he will continue to do so in the future.’

Now that may be true. However Pema started this thread in November 2006. At least five years prior to that date Pema was already trying to expose Hansard because of information she had regarding his abusive behaviour.

Jeffrey Bowe’s blog didn’t appear until February 2007. On that blog Jeffrey does include a copy of the first letter he wrote to Christopher Hansard in May 2006. I would recommend everyone to read it as it represents the core of Mr Bowe’s subsequent endeavours to stop Hansard from practicing:

[christopherhansard.blogspot.com]

The ‘Defend Christopher Hansard Petition’ author says:

‘Christopher Hansard no longer offers training to others in his system and dismissed all apprentices at the end of 2006 as it was his wish and at his patients request that he return to caring for and being responsible for each patient personally.’

So now we discover that it is ‘his system’ and not Tibetan Medicine that Hansard is practicing. Could this change have anything to do with the challenges to Hansard’s claims as detailed by Mr Bowe?

Here is what Kurukulla, an ex-apprentice of Hansard, had to say about that event:

‘The fact is that the apprentices were exploited, because of their good nature. But not only this. They were suddenly made to leave, for the sake of pleasing a new love interest. After all their years of dedication and devotion, they were sacked off for a woman who had nothing to do with the teachings. They deserved better than this. Even if circumstances dictated that they must leave, as the empire was crumbling and things had to change, they should have been given the basics of human respect and decency. Any good therapist or teacher understands the importance of ending a therapeutic relationship correctly. When it is cut off with the cold suddenness of a surgeon's scalpel, it can drive people insane.’

The ‘Defend Christopher Hansard Petition’ author says:

‘We believe that Christopher Hansard understands the responsibilities, ethical and boundary issues and duty of care that patients should expect and this is demonstrated by the changes he continues to implement in his daily practice.’

I wonder what those changes might include?

Perhaps a cold shower between clients?
Provision of a worthy chaperone for all women clients?
Some counselling on medical ethics?
Psychiatric help?
An accredited training in some form of medicine?
Assessment for membership of a professional organisation for medical practitioners?

Actually it looks to me as if Hansard and his supporters prefer complete denial to truth and the possibility of real healing.

I would ask anyone with information that might help stop these freaks to contact ‘Witness’ at the address or telephone number listed above.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Fishbulb ()
Date: July 27, 2007 12:14PM

[b:40cf3be7c8] The person who set up the online petition supporting Hansard said the following: [/b:40cf3be7c8]

He has proven himself oh so human, yet no less human and no more fallible than the rest of us.

I have always found this sentiment to be particularly galling when applied to people who have victimized others. It seems to be a perennial favourite of people who have REALLY messed up and brought harm to people -- abusive partners, drunk drivers, investment scammers, you name it.

Just how on earth does citing your species excuse you from retribution?

In fact, our "humanity" accords us a higher responsibility toward others due to our ability to develop a sense of community, compassion and morality. I'm not talking about that shady morality that some churches and cults pull out (ie. the idea of homosexuality being immoral -- says who? Under what verifiable authority?) but the morality that causes us to be aware of the consequences of our actions on others.

A health practitioner who sexually victimizes patients, and who abuses other patients and staff, cannot get off the hook using their "humanness". If I go to a practitioner for treatment I am expecting their humanity to keep from victimizing me. If my practitioner is a border collie then I may be less surprised if he started humping my leg, but if he is a human I would be appalled.

If you must cite your species as being a factor in your behaviour then why not move up to your genus and justify picking nits off your friend's back and eating them? Most hominids do this.

The quote above seems to really have an "Oh, isn't he cute?" tone to it. Hansard has proven himself "Oh so human". Awwwww. :roll: Actually I sort of expected he WAS human, since he had a name and a website and all. No one posted on this thread saying he was a cockroach or an emu or a paramecium.

If one wants to be treated as human then one should act as a human. Bringing harm to others is not an indicator of humanity. Many of us humans have managed to do far less harm than that.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Fishbulb ()
Date: July 27, 2007 12:18PM

I also want to say, I found it amusing that in the letters he recently sent out Hansard mentioned the "negative" website against him. People who probably trusted him will likely Google his name to find out about this "negative website".

Way to shoot yourself in the foot, bud.

Christopher Hansard
Date: July 27, 2007 06:01PM

well said!

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: kath ()
Date: July 29, 2007 10:15AM

Fishbulb
[b:bb2acbe35c] The person who set up the online petition supporting Hansard said the following: [/b:bb2acbe35c]

He has proven himself oh so human, yet no less human and no more fallible than the rest of us.

I have always found this sentiment to be particularly galling when applied to people who have victimized others.

Precisely it's not like all humans take advantage of others sexually etc. :x

I like to think 'normal' humans aren't as dodgy as this hansard sounds.

Current Page: 85 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.