Current Page: 83 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Nonce ()
Date: July 11, 2007 05:50AM

Jeff
Paul Nelson is not Canadian. It is probably good to have facts correct if people are to rely on this site for information.

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: July 11, 2007 06:00AM

Real-name-gone
Hardly surprising that most people have chosen to withdrawn and not add their name to the against list given the 'name and shame' tactics employed.

After all if they do place their names in the list against CH what is the probability that they will turn up in an online blog?

James

The petition aimed at stopping Christopher Hansard from practicing does not employ any ‘name and shame’ tactics. There is no chance that those who sign will end up on a blog. The only purpose of the petition is to support other legal efforts to stop Christopher Hansard and his abusive practices.

[www.gopetition.co.uk]

A side benefit is that it inspired Hansard’s supporters to initiate their own petition. Although it does not seem to be deluged with supporters it is interesting in its plea:

‘We, therefore, call on all authorities invested with the responsibility for protecting the public to do just that and investigate the accusations being made presently against Christopher Hansard and invite them to assess his suitability to offer and practice Tibetan Dur Bon healing methods in the hopes that as a member of the public he be left to enjoy his right to practice and continue to serve others.’

So it seems that Hansard’s supporters and detractors both ask the same thing – that he be assessed on his claims and suitability to practice and that the accusations against him be investigated.

Just in case anyone has forgotten the main issues here I would recommend Kurukulla’s excellent summary at page 46. I would also draw your attention back to Cirrus’s comments on page 19, especially this:

‘Rest assured that there are individuals that were closely associated with Christopher Hansard and have first hand knowledge of his gross sexual misconduct, lack of integrity and compassion who are watching this site.

I personally have no fear to tell my story to stop any other woman being abused by him. This cannot continue to happen and he cannot continue to practice. He can not be trusted to be alone with female patients or students. Any medical doctor would be struck off for just one of the incidents I am aware of.’

I would ask anyone reading this forum with experience of any form of abuse from Christopher Hansard to contact:

[www.witnessagainstabuse.org.uk]

You can email them or call the helpline on 08454 500 300

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: July 11, 2007 10:46PM

Thank you for that clarification, regarding the details of Mr.Nelson's nationality, I gather he is though based in Canada, and has been for some time?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Nonce ()
Date: July 11, 2007 10:50PM

No, never has been.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: f0rTyLeGz ()
Date: July 12, 2007 05:08AM

kurukulla
I would like to clarify my experience with Christopher as I believe it is very similar to the experiences that numerous other women had with him. What he did was ask me to perform massage treatments on him as part of my training. He would, as a matter of course, receive the treatments naked. He built up my trust over a long period of time, which I believe is known as grooming, and then abusing his position of trust, he sexually assaulted me without asking my consent.
I've been reading straight through the 55 pages of this thread from the start. Im a little more than half way though. It is an amazing thread, with some wonderful voices. I want to compliment you kurukulla for saying what actually happened. So many of the accusations are vague and contorted with repression and hurt, BUT we readers don't quite get what actually happened.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: atlantic ()
Date: July 12, 2007 06:10PM

Thanks Dorje for returning to the main issues. Having discussed this matter with well informed people there are some important facts that need to be cleared up so that readers can form their own opinions.

Not one single person associated with the daily operation of Mr. Hansard's London clinic over the last 10 years has come forward to give their name and openly support his behaviour.

There were many associates over this period of time.

Mr. Nelson lives in America and Mr. Willard in Canada. Ms. Mineau left her apprenticeship in the mid 90s.

Mr. Bowe has asked important and valuable questions, but his theory of a complete con is not verifiable fact at this time and should not be presented as such.

'Shamanic' behaviour is notoriously eccentric and unorthodox.

Many people have reported great benefits from Mr. Hansard's healing work, while many others (especially women) have reported serious misconduct.

Statements presented so far create a profile of a man who has been able to heal, but who has also harmed.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: July 12, 2007 09:20PM

The only person who asserts so-called [i:cd109c6d18]Dur-Bon [/i:cd109c6d18]to be a genuine system of medicine and 'religion', that supposedly pre-dates Tibet's genuine Native Bon tradition, is Christoper Hansard. Yet he has been singularly unable and unwilling to provide any independent source or material to corroborate his claims. Even if we accept his story, that his was an oral tradition, it cannot exist by definition in isolation, it must have a base a communal tradition. Yet the supposed 'gNam tribe of Amdo' is competely unknown to Amdo Tibetans I have consulted, nor to a number of Bon and Tibetan scholars I have approached. His supposed 'teacher' Urgyen Namchuk' was we are asked to believe from that region, incredibly managed to fly/sail from Tibet to New Zealand, at a time when Communist China was destroying hundreds of monasteries and waging cultural genocide against Tibet and her traditions (which continues today). Not only that but we are exected to accept that this Tibetan was sufficiently fluent in English to be able to tutor Hansard, as a four year-old boy, in the complex and arcane sciences of Tibetan medicine!

Returing to more prosaic, political, realities. How did [i:cd109c6d18]'Urgyen Namchuk' [/i:cd109c6d18]manage to secure paperwork to leave Tibet, at a time of brutal oppression against all schools of Tibetan religion? Allowing for that remarkable achivement, why is there is no immigration record of 'him', held by the New Zealand Government? Given that I personally know the first Tibetan to settle in that country, Mr. Thubten Kesang, who arrived in 1967, why has he, and the tiny Tibetan Community in NZ, never heard of or met Hansard's so-called 'teacher'? This fact supports the statements made by Lonzeretti, who knew Hansard in NZ, in which he asserts that never was Urgyen Namchuk mentioned, nor was any training spoke of.

As I have previously detailed here and elsewhere Hansard's claims, and his supposed tradition, are riddled with glaring inconsistencies and factual errors. There is no doubt that Hansard plagiarised and disorted Tibet's genuine Bon tradition, nor was he qualified or trained in Tibetan medicine. It is for Christopher Hansard to demonstrate the veracity of his claims and to provide evidence to prove that his 'system' is indeed authentic. The fact he has not done so is an essay in comunication!

Christopher Hansard
Date: July 12, 2007 10:43PM

Yet again Jeff Bowe presents some of the serious questions relating to Christopher Hansard's story. If we add these legitimate issues to the many comments on this forum from people who feel they have either been deceived and abused, or alternatively healed by Mr. Hansard, then we have a very concerning profile for a medical practitioner.

Christopher Hansard
Date: July 12, 2007 11:11PM

In addition to Dorje's reminder about the very serious comments listed on pg. 46 of this debate, it may also be worth reminding readers of the previous comment that Harper Collins publishing have only recently contacted Mr. Hansard regarding issues of plagiarism from their author Oriah Mountain Dreamer. What was presented as a Bon invocation in Mr. Hansard's third book turned out to be almost identical to a poem called 'The Invitation.'

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: July 13, 2007 06:07AM

gondolf
Nicely put Cirrus. Mr. Nelson, Ms. Pulver, Ms Hare, Mr. Lawson, Mr. Willard, and Ms. Wright are all individuals who had close working relationships with Christopher of some kind, and were indeed responding to the universal themes present in what he was presenting.

Though many of them expressed to me at some time an awareness of Mr. Hansards sexual piccadellos, I honestly don't think anyone had any idea that it was as out of control as it was.

In one respect, Mr. Bowes work has flushed out a lot of people, and that is good, but in another way his work has probably put a lot of people on the defensive and sadly, we will miss their testimony as a result.

I suspect - feel free to confirm or deny this Jeff - that Mr. Bowe is a former business partner of some kind who feels ripped off.

Christopher's incessant greed is actually part of the story - after all, Eden collapsed largely because of that - so it would be nice to hear more about that side of the story.

I note that Mr. Nelson and Terry Willard have signed a petition supporting Hansard's right to practice. This is despite having an 'awareness of Mr. Hansards sexual piccadellos' and despite contributions to this forum indicating how serious and long term Hansard's sexual misbehaviour is.

Cirrus asked me in May why I had not done more to prevent other women suffering at the hands of Hansard and I answered that question. I will now put that question to readers of this forum.

What is stopping you doing everything in your power to stop this man from abusing women?

Don't close your eyes. Look at what is happening. Look at the efforts on the internet to raise Hansard's profile and support him in his dark activities. Clearly, there are people who at least tolerate his crimes and at worst participate in them.

Look back through the postings at some of the stories told, of the hurt and confusion caused by him and bear in mind that this has gone on at least since 1993.

Do any of you really believe that the suffering caused by him is in any way justified because he happened to help some others along the way?

Current Page: 83 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.