Current Page: 69 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Lily ()
Date: June 01, 2007 06:12PM

This website is called 'cult education forum' - to educate people about cults. The links provided by the RR moderator highlight the role of brainwashing/cohersion... within cults. Learning about the nature of cults will, I think, provide a lot of answers in explaining the behaviour of the unfortunate believers.

The apprentices were duped into believing Christopher was a great teacher and invested time, money and energy into his practice. We have since discovered that he has been sexually inappropriate with apprentices and clients alike. The apprentices are individually dealing with the humiliation, rage and hurt resulting from these experiences. The apprentices were victims too. Attacking apprentices is not helpful.

I need to move on with my life and I no longer find this site to be a helpful or supportive environment.

I hope that all those who have been duped, manipulated or abused by christopher are able to find the support they need to overcome their experiences and move on with their lives.

Over and out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 01, 2007 08:01PM

Lily:

Thank you for putting things into perspective.

Your post is helpful rather than punative.

Understanding the nature of undue influence and coercive persuasion is meaningful and provides context.

Christopher Hansard
Date: June 01, 2007 08:06PM

Jeff Bowe and Real-name-gone:

You both have lost auto-approve regarding your posts. Each of your posts will now be reviewed before appearing here.

Flaming, name calling etc. will not be approved.

Jeff Bowe, this is the second time you have lost auto-approve.

Further flaming may result in banning.

No one has the right to reveal anyone's identity at this message board.

And any attempt to do so may result in being banned from the board.

Calm down and stop attacking each other.

I am sorry for the delay in ending this fracas, but I am on New York time.

Several posts have been deleted and/or edited to clean up this thread.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: June 01, 2007 08:34PM

Moderator, Would you please identify [i:c4aefc5373]when [/i:c4aefc5373]and[i:c4aefc5373] where [/i:c4aefc5373]I stated that I was going to reveal anyone's name on this message board?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Real-name-gone ()
Date: June 01, 2007 11:05PM

Thank you for your intervention.
I appologise for my posts last night and shall attempt to moderate my tone in future.

I will continue to encourage and support the victims to come forward and seek help, lodge complaints with the police and other organisations.

Once again thank you for your intervention into the entire unfortunate affair.

James

Christopher Hansard
Date: June 02, 2007 01:14AM

Jeff Bowe:

I am not going to play any games with you.

Either stop the bad behavior on the board or you will be banned.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: June 02, 2007 01:49AM

Thanks again to Kurukulla for reminding us all of what this thread is about.

“Please have the courage to come forward and file your allegations with the police. The central focus for this investigation:

PC Baxter of the Sapphire Unit, Notting Hill Tel: 020 8246 0114”

And also contact: [www.witnessagainstabuse.org.uk]

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: kath ()
Date: June 02, 2007 03:11AM

Real-name-gone
Sadly I have to report that one of my clients who was at one point in the orbit of Hansard went to the police to report her experiences, the police were less than helpful in this matter.

While I would encourage anyone to go to the police, (if that feels right for them) it is good to have a support system around you and either before or afterwards to talk to a counsellor or to victim support [www.victimsupport.org.uk] .

Your friend was very brave for reporting her experience and should be proud of herself, not ashamed :)

I make a second observation within this there seems determination to drag others in and make them guilty by association

Yes and it won't encourage people to come forward, or to change their opinion of Christopher.

Please tell your friend that she is in my thoughts:) These forums [www.psychforums.com] are very good. Scroll down a bit and there are several different boards about different forms of abuse.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Real-name-gone ()
Date: June 02, 2007 02:15PM

I found this in another thread, well worth reading. Sounds like someone we know.

According to this author you should stay away from them!

[www.cix.co.uk]

THEIR PERSONALITY TRAITS: [
size=7]from a site about relationships called [www.takebackyourheart.com][/size]

1. SUPERFICIAL CHARM -- the tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, and slick. Not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. He never gets tongue-tied and has freed himself from the social conventions about taking turns in talking, for example.

2. GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH -- a grossly inflated view of one's abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. An arrogant guy who believes he is a superior human being.

3. NEED FOR STIMULATION (PRONENESS TO BOREDOM) -- an excessive need for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that are risky. Often has low self-discipline in carrying tasks through to completion because he gets bored easily.

4. PATHOLOGICAL LYING -- can be moderate or high; in moderate form, and will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever (in extreme form, he will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest).

5. CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS -- the use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from Item #4 in the degree to which exploitation and callous ruthlessness is present, as reflected in a lack of concern for the feelings and suffering of one's victims.

6. LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT -- a lack of feelings or concern for the losses, pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate, coldhearted, and unempathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdain for one's victims.

7. SHALLOW AFFECT -- emotional poverty or a limited range or depth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of open gregariousness.

8. CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY -- a lack of feelings toward people in general; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.

9. PARASITIC LIFESTYLE -- an intentional, manipulative, selfish, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete responsibilities.

10. POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS -- expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper; acting hastily.

11. PROMISCUOUS SEXUAL BEHAVIOR -- a variety of brief, superficial relations, numerous affairs, and an indiscriminate selection of sexual partners; the maintenance of several relationships at the same time; a history of attempts to sexually coerce others into sexual activity or taking great pride at discussing sexual exploits or conquests.

12. LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS -- an inability or persistent failure to develop and execute long-term plans and goals; a nomadic existence, aimless, lacking direction in life.

13. IMPULSIVITY -- the occurrence of behaviors that are unpremeditated and lack reflection or planning; inability to resist temptation, frustrations, and urges; a lack of deliberation without considering the consequences; foolhardy, rash, unpredictable, erratic, and reckless.

14. IRRESPONSIBILITY -- repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations and commitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppy work, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.

15. FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS -- a failure to accept responsibility for one's actions reflected in low conscientiousness, an absence of dutifulness, antagonistic manipulation, denial of responsibility, and an effort to manipulate others through this denial.

16. MANY SHORT-TERM RELATIONSHIPS -- a lack of commitment to a long-term relationship reflected in inconsistent, undependable, and unreliable commitments in life, including marital.

17. JUVENILE DELINQUENCY -- behavior problems between the ages of 13-18; mostly behaviors that are crimes or clearly involve aspects of antagonism, exploitation, aggression, manipulation, or a callous, ruthless tough-mindedness.

18. CRIMINAL VERSATILITY -- A diversity of types of criminal offenses (regardless if the person has been arrested or convicted for them); taking great pride at getting away with crimes.

[www.cix.co.uk]

James

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: kyung ()
Date: June 04, 2007 05:08AM

In so doing not only did Christopher Hansard exploit and plagiarize Tibetan culture, but cynically deceived native peoples of Canada. He was [b:b244402592]it seems greatly aided in this regard by a Mr.Steve Lawson (aka Medicine Man), and Ms. Susanne Hare (aka Island Mama), [/b:b244402592]both of whom, rather ironically work with the First Nations Environmental Network (FNEN).
[b:b244402592]

These are facts, within a speculative context, as these individuals were indeed actively engaged in supporting and promoting Hansard's activities in Canada. Those (ie Hansard's actons) involved deception, in the sense that Hansard was peddling Dur Con, as an authentic native tradition, [i:b244402592]ipso facto [/i:b244402592]those individuals were associated with, and actively promoted, such activities! [/color:b244402592][/b:b244402592]

Dear Mr. Bowe

Mr. Lawson and Ms. Hare did not knowingly aid Christopher in a cynical deception - they were also deceived. These are real people, who I am sure feel just awful about the whole thing, perhaps even more so because they opened up their heart and home to Christopher and his students, and invested their land, time, effort and money to create a "bon" sanctuary on their island. Perhaps you can't understand how this can happen, but it did. Maybe if you had some personal experience with Christopher or with another charismatic "cult" figure you might have some compassion. Once again Mr. Bowe, I appreciate your underlying motives to protect others from harm and deception, but it appears that you need to learn a lesson in humility and compassion.

The [b:b244402592]recent postings [/b:b244402592](28/29th May) on the Rick Ross Forum provide a very interesting insight into the [b:b244402592]minds of Hansard's apprentices/colleagues[/b:b244402592]. It appears [b:b244402592]they share a common belief in a number of medieval-like superstitions [/b:b244402592]such as exorcism and demonic possession, while some subscribe to other bizarre beliefs, such as 'psychic attack'. In light of this delusional and exotic mindset, the fact these individuals were entrusted to care for clients is rather troubling, [b:b244402592]One would have thought any reasonable, ethical, and professional complimentary care would be based, not upon demonology, but sane and authentic treatment?[/b:b244402592][/color:b244402592]

Once again, these statements cast derision upon the concept of "demonology" in traditional Tibetan medicine. You state you support and honor the authentic Tibetan tradition, but your use of adjectives such as "superstition", bizarre" and "delusional" contradict this, suggesting that your understanding is merely theoretical and not experiential, which is hardly a surprise. Clearly you are a man of the West and one who places intellect above all else. All this is fine of course - nobody is suggesting that you accept such strange and different practices. But what it does mean is that your stated support of Tibetan culture and traditional medicine is disingenuous. You cannot have it both ways.

Anyway, I wish much peace and happiness to you. Please realize that you are dealing with soft, delicate, fleshy pink hearts, much like the one that beats in your own chest, and realizing this, you may decide to temper your approach accordingly.

*Kyung*

Current Page: 69 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.