Current Page: 56 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 28, 2007 06:37PM

addendum line 14

should of couse read "colleagues of Hansards were [b:b83f9d9213]unaware [/b:b83f9d9213]of maltreatment"

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Cranial ()
Date: May 28, 2007 06:46PM

I don't think that one has to use the title 'Dr' to misrepresent themselves as being medically qualified when they are not. It is enough for someone to believe that you are by what you have said.

It is my belief that Hansard has done this. Others have said that he told one client that he was medically qualified and another that he was a psychiatrist.

I believe that he did this on the one occassion that I saw him. At the time that he flashed with anger, he then said "I treat sick people". He also told me that "You won't be treated by me all the time, but by my assistants. I get called away to the local hospitals a lot to see sick patients in A and E and to talk to and teach doctors".

Luckily, I escaped being treated by him or any of his assistants at all.

I did not directly ask him whether he was a doctor, but I believe that by what he said he was misrepresenting himself as being a medical doctor. Afterall, what call is there for Tibetan medicine in A and E departments and why would doctors be taught this, when they practice cutting edge emergency medicine?

He just about managed to stutter his way through all this.

He had a massive office with a big leather chair behind a large and imposing desk. I was shown into the room by one of the receptionists and was told to take a seat on a chair miles away from the desk, so he could look down on me. I'm not sure that he even bothered to shake hands with me either.

I was not impressed at all.

Am I right in thinking that he had an accountant who managed his practice called Stephen?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: kath ()
Date: May 28, 2007 07:01PM

jeff bowe
Kath's comments

[i:7b4ec59221]"But he has never called himself 'Dr. Christopher Hansard' and pretended to have trained as a conventional medical doctor, has he?"[/i:7b4ec59221]

That being so [i:7b4ec59221]why,[/i:7b4ec59221] in his email to me, did Paul Nelson (Canada) refer to Hansard as Doctor.

Well Hansard would dodge out of that by saying that he is not responsible for what these people write or the mistakes they make. But good luck with the GMC :)

I am puzzled by the timorous advice of some contributors, who it would seem are prepared to forgive the reported abuses, trauma and humilation seemingly inflicted by Hansard.

No-one's said that. If enough women speak to the police, it might get somewhere as it certainly sounds like a lot has gone on. My doubts about the police are because I have gone through that process myself in the past, and it was not successful or an emotionally healing process for me- quite the opposite. Though maybe it did have an effect locally on people's opinion of the man concerned.

Having said that, I didn't know of quite the number of people that might have been mentioned here, so if enough women spoke to the police about Hansard it might be more promising.

But there are plenty of avenues to go down as well as the police one, it's not an all or nothing thing.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Lily ()
Date: May 28, 2007 07:37PM

I agree with Kath - I don't think anyone here is suggesting forgiving Christopher's abusive behaviour. When I mentioned the hurdles in reporting Christopher's behaviour, I do so to disclose my own hesitations and to give words to others who have seemingly had similar experiences and may have similar struggles with what to do about it. This seems a useful forum to overcome the hesitations and decide the best course of action.

I fully support reporting Christopher's behaviour to the police and other authorities. It seems vital that something is done to either close down Christopher's practice or inform the public of his behaviour, in order to protect others from his unethical practices. This is particularly urgent if his practice is still running.

Please can those who have reported Christopher - to the police, GMC... let us know what happened, whether their complaints were taken seriously, what they would recommend?

Whilst a class action would be great, trying to bring together a broad group of currently anonymous people may simply slow things down. In practice, I think we will need to come forward with our individual experiences and the police can pull the case together

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: kath ()
Date: May 28, 2007 07:58PM

Just to clarify- my experience with the police was not with Hansard. You might have more success than me :)

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 28, 2007 08:27PM

[b:f71fd8d69f]Miss Charlotte Pulver[/b:f71fd8d69f]

[b:f71fd8d69f]http://christopherhansard.blogspot.com/[/b:f71fd8d69f][/color:f71fd8d69f]

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: May 28, 2007 08:33PM

Just to reassure everyone - the police at the sapphire unit were very kind and receptive. It is only a good first step. We might yet find a better way to pull everyone together.

Please direct any complaints or concerns about Christopher Hansard to:

Balens Insurance: 01684 893 006, info@balens.co.uk
Detective Inspector Watling: 020 8246 0128
Councillor Tim Ahern: cllr.ahern@rbkc.gov.uk
Hodder & Stoughton (Hodder Mobius) publishers: 020 7873 6000

Please direct any complaints or concerns about Stephanie Wright to the above and to:

The General Chiropractic Council at: [www.gcc-uk.org]

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 28, 2007 10:39PM

Jeff Bowe:

Would you please explain in some detail what the purpose of the proposed statement for former associates and assistants would be?

Why do you see this as important now?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Rosemary ()
Date: May 28, 2007 10:50PM

Mr Bowes it is clearly obvious why people like myself, ex-patients and ex-apprentices of Christopher Hansard's are on this forum to seek clarity, help and healing, but you still have not answered many people's questions which have been asked many times of you.....

What is your interest in seeking Christopher Hansard does not practice anymore etc?

Have you met the man?

What motivates you in all the hard work, time and effort you have obviously put into your enquiry on Christopher Hansard?

We are interested in working with you, but it is hard to trust and want to work with someone who will not aswer such basic questions.

Thank you

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Cranial ()
Date: May 29, 2007 12:28AM

Jeff,

Why have you dragged Charlotte into this? I know that she used to work at Eden at one time, but was she an apprentice of Hansard's and do you know this for sure?

It is just that at present, she is a massage therapist and actually is a registered practitioner of The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage. Go and check out the website at:

www.arvigomassage.com

Click on practitioner listings and then UK and she is listed under Notting Hill in London.

Current Page: 56 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.