Current Page: 53 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Arcee ()
Date: May 27, 2007 04:08AM

There was a Bon wedding on an island near Vancouver in about 2004 is this what you are referring to? Just what does going tits up mean in this case?
As I recall it was the climax to one of CHs workshops

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Date: May 27, 2007 04:13AM

several couples at this ceremony were encouraged to ' renew thier vows[' just how valid this was i have no idea.But I think CH displayed a kind of approval of those who took part. Most of these I hear have had problems in their relationships since that time

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: dora ()
Date: May 27, 2007 04:22AM

Christopher sounds a lot like Mohan Singh/Michael Lyons who is also from the UK. Mohan also claims to have an affiliation with the Dalai Llama and travels frequently between the UK, Miami, New York and Paris regions claiming to have spiritual healing powers. Their methods of recruitment and abuse are unmistakably similar. Mohan claims to be a healer who preys on young women whom he bleeds for money and uses for his own sexual perversions. There is a warrant for Mohan's arrest in the UK for sexual abuse and rape. Seeking any information about a connection between the two narcissistic men or information about Mohan Singh. See thread about Mohan on this site for additional information.

Dora

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Rosemary ()
Date: May 27, 2007 04:27AM

In response to Arcee's posts:

'tit's up' is English slang for - gone very wrong.

No I was not referring to the weddings of 2004 in Canada.

I was referring to a wedding which Christopher Hansard spoke about which he held in Canada 10 years ago. He said it went a bit wrong, and that the couple was not happy and wanted to sue.
He would not elaborate on the subject.

So when I see Dorje and Wisedup's past posts on this forum about things going wrong in Canada 10 years ago, I question - what went on?
As this was one of those no no's not to talk about in the secrecy of the Eden clinic - so I am asking now to those who might have known.
What went on?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 27, 2007 05:17AM

Well ‘real name/chris/james/gone’ your faith in the [i:541d442b73]Master of Dur Con [/i:541d442b73]being able to furnish facts to support his story is touching but also desperately misplaced.

Those who have any belief in his fantasy are dwindling fast, a handful of fanatical supporters, hiding from the facts. The clock however is ticking, and each day the story becomes less credible as awareness, questions, and doubts increase, giving way to the difficult truth, that it was a cynical and twisted invention.

It would of course be very interesting indeed to observe Hansard’s Dur-Con story being examined under the objective and enquiring gaze of the court. One wonders who he would call upon to provide the desperately needed convincing testimony to authenticate his story. Let take a look.

[b:541d442b73]Call ‘Urgyen Namchuk’ To The Stand[/b:541d442b73]

Hansard’s mysterious ‘teacher’ does anyone, including the Master of Dur-Con know his whereabouts? Is he still alive? Perhaps relatives of that elusive ‘Tibetan’ can be brought forward? Or selected members of ‘his’ so-called ‘gNam tribe’ could be flown in, from where exactly? Maybe the Immigration Department of New Zealand could provide documentary proof of his arrival in that country?

[b:541d442b73]Call Doctor Egbert Asshauer To The Stand[/b:541d442b73]

Ah! the German writer/researcher of Tibetan Medicine who praised Hansard in a book he wrote on the subject, he could surely prove a strong witness? Problem is that Christopher Hansard ’borrowed’ some copyrighted words of Doctor Asshauers and then asserted, in writing to me, they were the comments of HH the Dalai Lama, in recognition and support of Hansard!. The good Doctor assured me he threatened Hansard with legal action about this issue. Not such a reliable witness after all?

[b:541d442b73]Call ‘Professor Amdongyapa’ To The Stand[/b:541d442b73]

Now this individual’s testimony should carry some weight and who better placed than an ‘academic’ who (according to ‘his’ review of Hansard’s book on Amazon) is in contact with the family of Hansards ‘teacher’. At last someone able to convincingly authenticate Hansard’s claims. The only difficulty is that not one Austrian University has heard of this ’individual’, who is stated on the review, as being from Vienna. Furthermore, this ‘person’ is, puzzlingly, completely unknown to the Tibetan Community in Austria.

[b:541d442b73]Call 'Tsevegar Rimpoche' To The Stand[/b:541d442b73]

Now we are getting somewhere! A quality witness, no less than a Tibetan Lama, who can surely endorse, as genuine, Hansard’s Dur-Con. After all this ‘lama’ did write a glowing review of Hansard’s book on Amazon. Moreover, he is (according to the review) based in Dharamsala, India, and as a Buddhist Lama will be very easy to locate. Oh dear! problem is that incredibly despite several enquiries no Tibetan in that small Himalayan hill town has ever heard of such a person.

[b:541d442b73]Call 'Dorjong Rimpoche' To The Stand[/b:541d442b73]

How fortunate, yet another Lama who can testify to the genuineness of Dur-Con, not only that but this ‘person’ has actually “taught Bon to many people in the East and West“ (according to his Amazon review of Hansard‘s book, submitted on exactly the same day as ‘Tsevagar Rimpoche‘s review, what a coincidence! ). Unfortunately there is no such place, in Mustang, Western Nepal, as the Tajit Bon Retreat, which is the address cited in the review.

[b:541d442b73]Call 'Tsering Damchog' To The Stand[/b:541d442b73]

Now this person, who just happens to have also written a Amazon review, more fulsome praise of Hansards book, actually claims to be aware of Hansard‘s ‘teacher’ and ‘clan’. Now perhaps the case can benefit from some authoritative evidence in support of Dur-Con, particularly as this ’person’ is also a Bon ’teacher’ and thus makes for a very credible witness. Sadly, however the establishment (given in the review) as ’his’ address, the Nagpa Training School in Sikkim, Iindia does not exist. This could raise some difficulties in tracing this ’person’? However, perhaps the [i:541d442b73]Master of Dur Con[/i:541d442b73] has another address, and can indeed call upon ’Tsering’s’ testimony. Let us hope that the prosecution does not cross-examine’ Tsering’ on his supposed attendance at a Tibetan Medical Conference in Berlin (at which the review states he was present) as the prosecution can call upon genuine physicians of Tibetan medicine who were formally participating at that conference!

Such is the likely roll call of ‘individuals’ who could ‘authenticate’ Christopher Hansard’s Dur Co story. I, for one, cannot wait, particularly when contempating the probable, and very real, testimony and witnesses which could be assembled for the prosecution!

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 27, 2007 05:30AM

I would ask contributors to give more careful thought about using the term 'Bon' in their description of events linked to Christopher Hansard. Bon is the authentic native religion of Tibet. What Hansard was peddling was a cynical invention, which he termed Dur-Bon. The truth is, more correctly, it should be called [b:dde8217c23]Dur Con![/b:dde8217c23]

Please do not unwittingly associate Tibet's genuine tradition with the traumas and deceptions arising from Hansard's claims and activities. Each time you use the word 'Bon'. in describing some negative event, a stain is incorrectly cast on that profound and ancient teaching. Thank you.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: May 27, 2007 05:54AM

Balens Insurance: 01684 893 006, info@balens.co.uk
Detective Inspector Watling: 020 8246 0128
Councillor Tim Ahern: cllr.ahern@rbkc.gov.uk
Hodder & Stoughton (Hodder Mobius) publishers: 020 7873 6000

Rosemary, I heard pretty much the same as you about Canada 10 years ago and the threats of legal action. Sorry, it was just through the grapevine and I can’t add more.

I did know Christopher Hansard and his wife Sylvia when he was just starting out from a skanky flat in West London. I think it was around 1990. His wife Sylvia was working in an office and studying reflexology. I went for a session and he tried to recruit me as an ‘apprentice’. I was very resistant and he was very persistant.

I do still have contact with people who knew him before he started that practice.

I did have some weird experiences too. I also had some funny evenings with them. He can be very charming and amusing.

He instructed one of his followers to teach me rlung ta – a precursor to his kum nye. To be honest I really was not interested so I only had a couple of lessons.

His Dur Bon story wasn’t running then but he did like to play around with concepts from Buddhism - especially around reincarnates. I think it was just one of the many hooks he used – one of the ways he tried to make people feel special. His wife is Brazilian and he showed more interest in condomble (?) and other aspects of shamanism back then.

He was also quite into Mircea Eliade and Teilhard de Chardin back then.

During that period a lot of my friends went to see him and most of us left within three months. I think he was working out what he could get away with.

I was close enough during that period to see his scams. I caught him on a couple of occasions sucking information from a client who wanted to refer a friend and later feeding it back to the friend as if ‘intuited’. I saw him switch on the charm offensive with the useful clients – women in PR or journalism for instance while the poor or useless would sit in the corridor with a few needles stuck in their heads.

He made out he was a medical doctor with some people or pretended that he had been the head of a psychiatric unit in Auckland. Another time he told a client that he’d been educated at Eton.

I saw him dispense the same medicine to client after client. I saw him take a needle from one client and stick it into another. I saw him mix marijuana with his medicines. I was certainly given medicine laced with hallucinogens.

I saw how he would try and use me to work on the clients he had no interest in. He was sleazy in his language and on a couple of occasions suggested I should take a client out for the night.

I was there when the first group of women complained about his sexual impropriety. I watched as he broke down in tears and somehow convinced our small group including his wife that they were conspiring to get him. Poor Sylvia was ready to leave him then but somehow he made her stay.

I came back from a holiday to hear of a new accusation of sexual impropriety. By chance I had the patient’s number and arranged to meet her. I heard her story and never went back to him again. She wrote her complaint to the professional body he belonged to at the time. The boss was a client so I guess it went nowhere. She was scared to go to the police.

Many times over the years I have been asked to help do something about him and many times I have offered my story and tried to gather together people from those days. The worst is that too many people just wanted to put the experience behind them – I include myself here. Sometimes we have had an effect but not enough.

I smiled when he wrote his first book because I knew that he was so convinced of his cunning that he could get away with anything. His books are the petard with which to hoist him. They are a fantasy and his medicine, teachings and practice rest on that fantasy.

Just think for a moment. Imagine you are Christopher Hansard and have written a true story about your life and the extraordinary training which forms the basis of your reputation, business and income. Along comes Jeffrey Bowe and challenges that story threatening everything you have. Wouldn’t you take him to court if you could prove your case?

It will always be difficult for one woman to accuse him of a sexual crime – because of the complex psychological web in which that crime was committed. This is why I say again just take your complaint to the police, his insurers and to the local authorities and let the weight of numbers do the work.

And please just keep this thread going. It is the best resource we have ever had for the many victims of this freak.

May I suggest that we cut and paste the contact numbers so that newcomers may find them easily? And yes cut and paste from word is the safest way to make your post.

PS. Thank you Jeffrey. You're a diamond.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Rosemary ()
Date: May 27, 2007 07:22AM

Balens Insurance: 01684 893 006, info@balens.co.uk
Detective Inspector Watling: 020 8246 0128
Councillor Tim Ahern: cllr.ahern@rbkc.gov.uk
Hodder & Stoughton (Hodder Mobius) publishers: 020 7873 6000

If you have any complaints regarding Christopher Hansard, please make them to the above.

Dorje, thank you so much for telling us about your experiences with Christopher Hansard. I have always wanted to know what was going on when he was first starting out..........

So when you knew him, did he transfer from his skanky west London flat to Adam and Eve Mews or onto the Kings Rd.

So what was your involvement with him? Was it of patient, practitioner, friend? Did you meet him and his ex-wife due to being a patient first or friend first?

I only ask because I came to know him from being a patient first, then student, then friend.

We never saw marijuana used in the medicines when I was there just canabis seed which is legal and used by TCM practitioners too to help releave physical pain.

So are you saying back then - he did not speak about his 'story' at all?!! Nothing to do with Tibet or his teacher?? So what did he say he was practicing back then when you knew him?

That is very weird - so how come it then all comes out in his first book and everything is hunky dory - how could his wife then vouch for him, stand by him if she knew the whole Tibetan thing was all a new story?

Towards the end of their marriage he said his wife prohibited him from taking time to teach his students, and didn't believe or support who he was and what he did. Was not interested in him practicing Tib Med.
I never knew if this was b/c.............

(a) She knew of the sexual misconduct taking place in his clinic with his students and patients and wanted him at home.

(b) he knew it was all bollocks and the story was getting out of control and she herslef could not live with the reality.

This is why I ask these questions b/c it helps to uncover his 'story' from a personal level, from human experiences and interactions, even if we don't know how to unpick the historical context that he gives for those stories for now.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 27, 2007 04:00PM

Rosemary you asked amongst aother questions when CH, Christopher Hansard, moved to the Kings Road. The official opening to which the press were invited was in early summer of 2000. Journalists from various magazines were invited and offerred the chance to both interview CH and have a free consultation with him. Of these some at least still work in the area of complementary health journalism.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 27, 2007 04:06PM

Rosemary, the move to Kings Road was after the practice at Adam & Eve Mews and was made possible financially by some large investments from a wealthy patient that CH had treated.

Current Page: 53 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.