Current Page: 27 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: pema ()
Date: May 16, 2007 04:56PM

Hello everyone,
This is the first time I have been able to access this forum for app 2 weeks. I wrote several times to info@culteducation.com and received replies telling me the site was under hacker attack and could not be accessed from the UK. This I suspect is not entirely accurate because the topic has been rolling along in my absence, with contributions from other UK-based individuals.
I am delighted at most of what I read on pages 15-18. It seems that victims of CH and his sidekick are finally finding the courage to emerge from the woodwork. I can only repeat as I have done several times here -- that I cannot further any media interest until at least 3 or 4 victims are willing to go on record as named individuals -- even if those names do not appear in/on the media. Anyone who is willing to do this please contact Jeff Bowe. He knows my identity and will forward your messages. Why am I staying anonymous? At the moment I am under treatment for a Grade 3 breast cancer. Its going OK and I have a good lifestyle. But -- keeping well is my absolute top priority. Recently I attended a Medicine Buddha initiation in London, where I encountered one of the therapists who first alerted me to CH years ago. He knew about my condition and warned me strongly not to reveal myself to CH. "the guy's a charlatan" he said, "but he has learned some black arts. He knows how to operate at a psychically destructive level." Er -- just like Milarepa did before he met Marpa? So -- I am a little careful. I have excellent psychic protection, but I am careful. I hope you all understand this.
Best
Pema

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: kath ()
Date: May 16, 2007 06:04PM

pema
Hello everyone,
This is the first time I have been able to access this forum for app 2 weeks. I wrote several times to info@culteducation.com and received replies telling me the site was under hacker attack and could not be accessed from the UK. This I suspect is not entirely accurate because the topic has been rolling along in my absence, with contributions from other UK-based individuals.

It's not just you though:), I've not been able to access the site for about 4 weeks over the last 2 months.

I am delighted at most of what I read on pages 15-18. It seems that victims of CH and his sidekick are finally finding the courage to emerge from the woodwork.

Yes it looks really hopeful. :)

At the moment I am under treatment for a Grade 3 breast cancer. Its going OK and I have a good lifestyle.

Oh I'm sorry you've been poorly and wish you a swift recovery :)

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Chavah ()
Date: May 16, 2007 07:32PM

Wisedup, I am perhaps in just a different place than you. I do not wish to take away from your process, and I understand your anger. I was there myself at one time.

Kath is right, and no matter what, you and I were in a place of vulnerability, and that is how it will be seen I imagine in the eyes of the law. I have done a lot of work, and I guess I have a different point of view probably than most, but it is what I teach my own students as well, so that they never put themselves in the position that I did.

I am not coming from a place of guru or even doctor worship here. I did not have what one would call a positive experience, but we are the ones that give away our power and consistantly put others in a position of power over us. I will never do that again, that is all that I am trying to convey. My part. You have your own parts to play, and if that means going to court or to press, if that brings you healing, than that is your choice. I just wanted to share my story, and bring healing in my own way through my own experience.

I think what Pema has done here is a good thing, no matter what the outcome.

Without discounting what Jeffrey and Lorenzetti are suggesting,
the unfortunate thing here is that undeniably he has a gift, and a great capacity to heal. I have seen it for myself, I have shared experiences with others, and heard their stories, and despite my own experience, and probably because of it, I was taken in by him in the first place. What he has done with what he has and how he has manipulated and misused that will undoubtedly come back on him and is. He has in my eyes misused what he has to offer. But I agree with Gondolf as well, and I am not so sure that he can not make a come back from that. I believe that people can change, change their paths and their destinys. Just like you said Wisedup, "pull a '360".

Above all else, I believe that we can heal.
Was that not the point of this forum? To initiate this?

My thoughts are with you Pema, and with all of you.
Chavah

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 16, 2007 08:59PM

Chavah
I believe that people can change, change their paths and their destinys. Just like you said Wisedup, "pull a '360".

Yes but being faced with the possibility of charges for his actions needn't be a hindrance to Chris doing that. It would certainly make him think twice in future, and stop the likelihood of him doing that to someone else.

Just saying, sometimes the law can be part of that process of helping someone turn how they behave around.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 16, 2007 10:54PM

Absolutely Cath, a just and appropriate resolution should be realised for anyone who may have been abused or traumatized through Mr.Hansard's [i:6fec8b09e9]'Dur-Con' [/i:6fec8b09e9]activities. In light of the seeming criminality of those reported abuses, legal options should not be discounted, certainly not on the basis of some highly unlikely dewey-eyed 'transformation' for Mr Hansard. Apart from the very worrying accounts of abuse and manipulation, featured on the forum, Mr.Hansard has displayed a parastitic and uncaring ability to distort and plagiarize Tibetan culture for personal gain. He should be rightfully brought to account.

There is ongoing progress on a number of fronts, awareness is increasing, and I am taking whatever actions possible to expose this issue. The most forceful and convincing force however remains in the experiences of those who have claimed to have suffered abuse. As I mentioned previously if a collective [i:6fec8b09e9]affidavit[/i:6fec8b09e9] could be assembled it would prove a very valuable testimony.

Do check

[christopherhansard.blogspot.com]

for updates/news and progress

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: gondolf ()
Date: May 17, 2007 01:16AM

Hi Jeff,

It is not the job of professional associations to police, or even comment upon the qualifications of individuals they have rejected. Associations have specific criteria for membership and individuals either meet those criteria or not. Comment beyond that would be considered outside the purvue of the associations legal mandate. As a result, if you want to inquire further the best avenue would be to determine what the law says about the practice of alternative forms of medicine and what Mr. Hansard is legally entitled to say and do without the seal of approval of the aforementioned associations.

A document where individuals bear witness to the abuse they believe they have experienced is a good idea, but calling it an avidavit is going to instantly exclude those individuals who do not want to be part of a legal process.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 17, 2007 04:40AM

Indeed, I have noted that UK bodies such as BAC, ICM, and BCMA have no legal jurisdiction over 'practitioners' such as Mr. Hansard, that does not however exempt these organizations from having an ethical position, or excuse them from not challenging those who abuse and manipulate. By maintaining what seems a virtual silence on such issues, the question is surely raised, are they complicit in concealing or excusing such behaviour? I am sure they are not, however in the case of BAC, their apparent resistance to confirm any previous contacts with Mr.Hansard invites some concern. One would reasonably have imagined, as an organization that regulates acupuncturists in the UK, they too would wish to support any effort to expose such malpractice?

Perhaps those who do not wish to contribute to an [i:58b54d3e0c]affidavit [/i:58b54d3e0c] could find another means of expressing their experiences, which is of course their right, and one I fully respect. However, as reported by some accounts here, it appears that Mr.Hansard may have engaged, in what can only be dscribed as criminal and abusive actions, that surely qualifies for the most vigorous and effective challenge, including recourse to the law. A written and signed collective declaration, by those who reported negative experiences at the hands of that individual will be a compelling and powerful first step.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 17, 2007 05:51AM

As I explained, professional associations cannot police individuals outside of their organisation and to do so leaves them open to litigation. Commenting on individuals who have applied for membership but been rejected is a breach of privacy. As a result, the only recourse is to pursue what the legal requirements are for an individual who practices outside of a regulatory framework.

The only grounds for criminal proceedings would be if someone believes they were a victim of sexual assault or interference, and are willing or capable of proving it.

The only other legal option is if someone was willing to file what Americans call a "civil suit," claiming emotional damages, etc. I am not sure how the legal structure works in the UK in respect to that. Advise from a solicitor willing to take on such a proceeding would indicate what is actually required.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 17, 2007 06:34AM

You could also, arguably, charge him with fraud as he has knowingly fabricated his training.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 17, 2007 07:03AM

Fraudulent advertising (misrepresentation) perhaps, but fraud suggests an intentional scheme to rook money out of people. To make that stick you would have to prove he is in fact not selling a legitimate product or service at all.

Current Page: 27 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.