Current Page: 21 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: wisedup ()
Date: April 28, 2007 07:47PM

just as an afterthought, re reading some of the posts, real -name -gone really is James, not Chris, it's easy to get paranoid, I know. Way back when I was a patient, there was also some rumbling of dissatisfaction and a criticism of Chris (thinly disguised) was in the Guardian written by someone called Oscar who had a sort of diary page chronicalling his dissemination and rapidly approaching death by aids.
Its quite hard to believe but I defended Chris at the time to Oscar in very much the style of some of the people pro-Chris on this forum, so I know he does command people to rally to his cause through some extraordinary means, I did it myself and he didn't even ask me to, and with a large degree of indignation to boot!
Anyhow, at this time of Oscar's scathing blast, Chris's qualifications were questioned. I remember in one of the treatment rooms that he had several framed documents from some university in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
It sounds like as he went up in the world, those "degrees"came down.

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: April 28, 2007 11:21PM

Around that time it was easy to get certificates from the school you mention in Sri Lanka - through brief correspondence courses. Christopher needed them as he had no qualifications and his story had still not fully ripened. Time Out exposed the school for the fraud it was - especially as they were making all kinds of claims about curing AIDS. The certificates disappeared from many therapists' walls at the same time. The school is back in business for anyone who needs a cheap qualification.

Yes, Wisedup - he did have such an effect on a lot people. I think your story and the sense of integrity that shines through your telling of it will be a great resource to the many people who who have suffered like you.

Thank you for sharing it. Thank goodness for the facility of this forum. I hope it will shine a little light into the lives of the many victims of the man.

Christopher Hansard
Date: April 29, 2007 12:13AM

If you go to this site , this may just be the sound of Chris's career going down the drain.
Bad feng shui, surely!
Anyway one can hope.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Cranial ()
Date: April 29, 2007 12:48AM

Hi wisedup,

Thank you for sharing your story with such courage.

Unfortunately Hansard is not accountable as he is not a doctor in any sense of the word and is certainly not GMC registered. Only professionals are accountable and he is not!!

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Ursula ()
Date: April 29, 2007 05:16AM

Hello,

I just found out about the forum and actually just found out about the accuses against Christopher Hansard, which are quite shocking.

I have met Christopher a couple of times.
I visited him because of a recommandation. I needed spiritual advice at that time (in the midst of the 90-ties).
He gave me several sessions. He did not charge me for anything, because he said that it was for spiritual reasons and that he would not charge for those reasons. I was very grateful for that and still am.

He also treated me very respectfully and never made a sexual approach, although I am really not unattractive.

His assistent Stephanie taught me all the kum nye - exercises. It took ten days to learn them. Not only did she teach them for free, she also let me stay at her place, which was very friendly as I did not know anyone in
London. She is a very passionate person and has studied the kum nyes deeply as she practiced them for more than 3 hours a day for several years.
I also got 2 acupuncture sessions and some medicine from Christopher. -
again: He never charged me anything- although I asked him several times, what I owed him.
He did not want anything.

At that time it was of great help for me.
Although Christopher offered me to become his student, I decided to move on to a sufi-teacher, because my heart felt more attracted to that.

For me it is irritating to read about all these negative experiences including
the possibly invented biography. I can not judge these stories.
I do not even know what exactly has happened troughout the past months
(as I do not live in the UK) and would really like to get some information about all that. Is there an article somewhere on the net, which had appaered in a newspaper about that case?

Best wishes to everyone

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: April 29, 2007 05:07PM

All beings are capable of demonstrations of kindness, but that is not really the issue, even those who inflict systematic torture upon prisoners of conscience have been reported to show compassion. Such is the paradox of human nature. Perhaps Mr.Hansard enjoyed moments of generosity, however such rare expressions must be viewed against a wider context of deception, falsification, abuse, and a crass self-serving exploitation of the Tibetan Bon tradition. Such odious activities cannot be excused or justified.

Christopher Hansard
Date: April 29, 2007 06:22PM

my reply above should have included
[www.edenmedicalcentre.com]
obviously, I did not mean THIS site here,
don't know why it did not copy on previous posting

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 01, 2007 10:12PM

Increasing numbers of people have contacted me about Mr.Hansard wanting to know what action could be taken to increase awareness about the claims and activities of this individual. May I suggest that those who wish to support the effort to expose Hansard's history of deception, reported abuse, and cash-driven exploitation of Tibetan culture, should express their concerns to the following bodies and request them to withdraw, any association they may have with this individual, and to inform their membership/colleagues. Please do include the address for this page. Although these bodies may not in themselves promote or condone Mr. Hansard's 'activities' they are influential and cover some of the 'services' offered by the 'Master of Dur-Con'.

British Acupuncture Council info@acupuncture.org.uk

Cranio Sacral Therapy Association office@cranialsacral.co.uk

British Federation of Massage Practitioners jolanta@jolanta.co.uk

Thank You.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 02, 2007 12:53AM

I may be wisedup but I am also pissed off, and then some. There must be more than this that can be done to stop this irresponsible ego glutton. I will alert these organizations but I don't know if this action has enough teeth.
I mean, we are talking about illegal behaviour here. I had no idea of how extensive his appalling behaviour had been.
I will not be happy for this guy to be back in business.
Still,I laugh like a drain when I hear his website washing away, it's almost therapy.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 02, 2007 02:30AM

I agree that more can, and hopefully will be done, there are a number of other actions I am involved with, meanwhile I hope you may agree it is essential to increase awareness of Hansard's actions, these are first steps.

Current Page: 21 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.