Current Page: 20 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: gondolf ()
Date: April 25, 2007 03:53AM

"It is to me a great joy and happiness to know that Pemas Buddhist endeavours have enabled her to stare at pretty pictures hours on end, mumble mantras and of course contort herself into all manners of positions."

Whatever are you talking about?

"Christopher has made the fundamental mistake of allowing himself to be set up as a guru and as with all gurus the pedestal he has been placed on is a tall and very shaky one!"

Yes, it appears that way.

"I agree that Christopher is not suited to practice and should stop practising."

I disagree. If he is a gifted and knowledgeable person he should deal with his problems and get back to helping people.

"but as I stated before I can see no difference between Pema's journalistic truth and Christopher Hansards personal one."

Which journalistic truth is that exactly?

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: lorenzetti ()
Date: April 25, 2007 04:27PM

I have been following the posts on Christopher Hansard with interest.
I was surprised to read that Christopher’s mother is claiming she worked as a GP in New Zealand. She has never worked as a GP.
If Real-name-gone’s claims are true, regarding what Christopher’s mother allegedly told him, then it suggests that, at some level, she has been complicit in Christopher’s lies about his background and training.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: pema ()
Date: April 25, 2007 05:42PM

Fascinating how this topic keeps coming back to life -- just when it appears to have ground to a halt. I have to say I think the moderator may not have read Real-Name-Gone's post thoroughly because it contains some flaming personal comments about me -- all of which are based in the poster's glaringly obvious prejudice rather than any reality I can recognise. This poster seems very confused to me. On one hand he appaluds Hansard's healing skills and on the other condemns his modus operandi. Could this be CH in disguise again? Up to his smoke and mirrors tricks? FYI -- several people I spoke to during my investigation into CH's activities suffered horrendous consequences from his "acupuncture" treatment. In one case, consequences which involved being on psycho-active medication for a long time. I was first alerted to CH by another therapist who was dealing with patients suffering the undesirable after-effects of CH's treatments.
Pema

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: April 25, 2007 08:39PM

I suspect Pema is right when she suspects Hansard is posting comments under yet another name, this time 'gone real name'.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: gondolf ()
Date: April 26, 2007 12:39AM

If "gone real name" is Hansard he has stated he is "not suited to practice." Is that his way of saying his credentials were all BS to begin with, I wonder.

Christopher Hansard
Date: April 26, 2007 03:54AM

As I have detailed previously, Hansard has no credentials whatsoever with respect to his Tibetan medical claims and so-called 'dur-bon tradition'. This is the same individual who wrote to me claiming the Dalai Lama recognized and acknowledged his skills, turned out the 'quote' Hansard provided me was not the words of the Tibetan leader but the printed comments of one Doctor Egbert Asshauer.This individual, having been informed about Hansard's misuse of his copyrighted comments assured me he threatened Hansard with legal action as a result. So much for credentials!

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Leonido ()
Date: April 26, 2007 05:52PM

It is very ironic to find this block here, since Christopher Hansard helped me to leave a cult more than 10 years ago. He also made clear to me that spiritual help is always free and never charged me anything. I met him 4 times in London and Paris.

So my encounters with him have been very positive and healing.
I did not see him for physical healing, so I can not say something about that.

I did read his book a few years later and must admit, that I was disappointed. Most of the stories in the book feel not real to me and one of his closest coworker told me "I don't know these people he refers to in the book". So, yes there is the possibility that he was a good storyteller and these superman stories are fake.
But to me he appeared to be very much the opposite, than a cult person.

One thing I noticed is, that if people were wanting too much and projecting too much on him, he would refuse to play that role of a guru for them and send them away.

As always truth is between light and darkness and it is good to question.

For me it was positive to have met him and I am grateful for that, but that does not exclude the possibility that others had different experiences.

Christopher Hansard
Date: April 26, 2007 10:11PM

In the case of Mr. Hansard the 'truth', referred to by the last contributor, is simple. The claims made by Hansard regarding his 'lineage', 'tradition', and 'healing' are a fabrication that cynically exploited the name of Tibet and the Bon tradition.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: wisedup ()
Date: April 27, 2007 08:06PM

Nice to see some chickens coming home to roost after a very long journey.
I was a patient at the Eden Medical Centre over 10 years ago.(Hello James)
When I first started seeing Chris, I was impressed by his warmth and what I now see as charisma, also he charged fees in line with what I could afford (but 3 times a week?) there were warning bells quite early on, one being the way he treated those who worked for him, he often seemed to enjoy a good belittling (hell, he's a short- ass himself, just trying to cut others down to his size I guess).
Sometimes I felt good results from seeing him, others it felt like a case of emporer's new clothes.There were media people buzzing and he was king bee.I kept on because the good seemed to outweigh the useless but also he showed me his (probably fake) vulnerable side, which could be quite charming.In retrospect, it looks like grooming.Each time I went to him he would reveal more of himself until he more or less said he was falling in love with me and kept up that pretense for a long time. This was a difficult state of affairs for me for many reasons, I did not want that kind of attention. I had been splitting up with my partner of 20 years, living separate lives, seeing a new person and feeling a lot of guilt, not to mention 4 young children whose lives I did not want to negatively impact.
As Chris wooed, I would take the piss out of him, now, I can see this may have been part of my appeal.He stepped up the charm offensive (no irony here) and I began to take him seriously.His behaviour was sexually and emotionally inappropriate, probably in a court of law I could site sexual abuse.This is quite hard to write about.When it got more serious, I wrote him a long letter to try and get him to justify his behaviour,(as he kept telling me I needed a man like him,and the rest),but when it came to him standing by his behaviour or word, he just avoided all responsibility and acted like I had made it all up. I think he was worried that maybe someone else at the clinic may have read my letter (probably Stephanie, there was something NQR going on there).
He did his best to screw up my new relationship and pathetically, once when my guy came to pick me up at the clinic he pretended to be someone else and puffed himself up like some kind of door dragon trying to not let him in, (and pretended to not know who I was or what therapist I was seeing) Shaman at work?
In the earlier days of his seduction (he did give it a little time I will say,) he had known my brother for only a few appointments and then invited him to dinner,( I was dismayed, I would have liked a friendship, not the other crap) and shortly after my brother arrived, when his wife was out of the room, he asked if I was hurt, he seemed to take some weird pleasure in this and knew it would get back to me. Calculated ego destruction I think you will find it is called. I tell these stories to illustrate some really astoundingly idiotic behaviour, not crazy wisdom, just plain crazy.
Okay, I was an adult, but my issues were anxiety/depression and a lot of serious neurological problems, possible M.S..Did he medically help me?, not really, sometimes we had a laugh. Did he "mirror" me?Not really,I didn't ask for a guru, I wasn't seeking to have my ego dismantled but the effect of him not taking responsibility for his behaviour was devastating, I lost all sense of my SELF, like an energy vampire he took my power. When it all came to a head, I was so completely overpowered by him that I was in a very dangerous state, so much so that my ex-partner phoned him in desperation. The response was that I was completely nuts, not to be trusted and that I brought it all on myself and if he (my ex), wanted to help me, give me 50,000grams of vitamin C. ????!!!!
Next thing is, he has his retreat in Canada( first one) my brother comes back proclaiming that he is more important than Jesus Christ.( I am agreeing with the messianic complex someone else has posited.) Those siddhis have a lot to answer for..It was all systems go for the Hansard power machine, institute was being set up, no one believed a bad word I said..At this point in my story I realize I have not adequately described the extreme breakdown state I entered after this type of soul abuse.Suicidal is a word that doesn't do it justice.In trying to put humpty dumpty back together again (we all have our psychic eggs) I hit or missed several therapists, one was coincidentally extremely valuable in that she had seen recently 6 !!! of Chris's conquests.Even though no one would believe me, even my own brother, I made sure that the person who was setting things up heard the truth, especially since he had left another victim in Canada who sounded to be even less able to defend herself than I was as she had earlier abuse issues, it was easy for Chris to discredit her. Thank the power of good that the seeker in charge heard the truth of the matter from me and the therapist I put him in touch with and subsequently aborted the mission.I had hoped this was a start to the dismantling of his empire.
This has bothered me for a long time in which I only did what I did re Canada, I should have done more.It has taken me a decade to get my life back partly because I lost a lot of faith in alternative therapists for some time. He did not at all address my real health issues.What has been wrong with me all these years? Mercury toxicity, did he have a clue? HAH
All I can say is that people who did not have a negative experience with Chris probably did not have something he wanted to take from them, he did compassionate acts certainly from time to time but in retrospect I feel they were capricious acts to bolster his ego and redress the balance, its nice to feel nice, even if you are delusional , and he was a much better actor in the flesh than on the screen, I know he found his own role playing pretty damn convincing.
The subject of the validity of his teacher/training is certainly interesting but my concern is the emotional damage he has caused many many people and it is interesting how frightened people are to come forward about their experiences.
I did not ask Chris to be my guru, I went to him as a doctor.I did not ask for mirroring but if I had, he would not have behaved the way he did as I was not looking for another lover. Aren't doctors supposed to be accountable?
The two single most missing qualities in Chris are his lack of responsibility and accountability, and all that this implicates.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: pema ()
Date: April 27, 2007 10:23PM

Thank you Wisedup for your courage in re-living your experience for the benefit of this forum -- and also, hopefully the wider landscape of alternative/complementary therapy -- where charlatans, snake oil peddlers and con-people lurk in abundance. In this respect CH has sustained a high level of chutzpah for a long time -- and as you say, his nemesis is well overdue. Your story corresponds closely with several I heard when I was investigating CH's activities some years ago. At that time we considered introduing a spy into the Eden Medical Centre -- but eventually decided that it would be too risky for the person involved. Who would want to have acupuncture needles in their scalp, placed there by an unqualified ego tripper? And would we want to expose one of our colleagues to the possibilityof sexual abuse?
Pema

Current Page: 20 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.